Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 07/03/2018 at 13:54, Bleedsmaroon said:

Finished Travelers on Netflix, enjoyed it and sets up well for a second series. 7/10.

Second series is on Netflix is well, you'll enjoy if you liked the first series as it's not gone down in standard at all.

Updated Lost in Space coming to Netflix next month I think, Judy Robinson was a mid 60’s crush for me.

Disser Pointon
17 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

We've been binge watching a series called 'This is Us' this week

It centres round a family with triplets and follows them through the various stages in their lives. Watched the Pilot with my missus determined not to like it because of the synopsis and the subject matter but its actually really REALLY good. One to watch with the wife probably but its got plenty going on and some of it is pretty strong emotional stuff (for the greeters amongst us) Pretty well written and acted with some funny bits (not laugh out loud - just a smile to the face sort of funny)

Half way through Season 1 (out of 2) now and I'd give it a solid 7/10

I got in on Kodi. Its not on Sky Box sets that I can see so Ive no idea (Kodi apart) where you'd find it.

Didn't realise there was a series 2 yet??

Don't watch 21 Thunder.20 mins I gave it and it should never have been that long until I switched it off ?

WalterWhite

Anyone watched Westworld thinking of watching it before series 2 starts. My mate loved it ? .

9 minutes ago, WalterWhite said:

Anyone watched Westworld thinking of watching it before series 2 starts. My mate loved it ? .

I loved it too.

WalterWhite
Just now, Ray Gin said:

I loved it too.

Think am going to start it see how it goes . Just finished save me on sky. And making my way through sons of anarchy. 

...a bit disco

Ghost Wars on Netflix.

Not based on the Womack & Womack classic, Love Wars. Nor is it a sequel to BBCs Robot Wars.

A pretty good Stephen Kingish style series (about ghosts!) wit a decent cast, Vincent D'onofrio, Meat Loaf, Kim Coates.

Well worth a watch.

Is Peaky Blinders worth a watch? I keep seeing it mentioned here and there, but never actually started it....

2 minutes ago, Rab87 said:

Is Peaky Blinders worth a watch? I keep seeing it mentioned here and there, but never actually started it....

I love that era, and it was nicely filmed, but I'm not very patient and the first 5 mins didn't hook me, so I never bothered with it again. But I have attention issues so it probably says more about me.

rudi must stay
19 hours ago, Rab87 said:

A slow burner (that would be my criticism of it) but a show with real style and great acting

rudi must stay

The Exotic Hotels show on BBC is a nice escape. The master chef woman that's horrible to everyone actually comes across well on it

Escobar PHM
22 hours ago, LesJambes said:

I love that era, and it was nicely filmed, but I'm not very patient and the first 5 mins didn't hook me, so I never bothered with it again. But I have attention issues so it probably says more about me.

Same here. I was slightly more patient and watched 3 episodes. It just don't hook me and I never went back to it. Its well acted and well filmed but it was a bit lacking in excitement or interest for my taste.

Peaky Blinders 5/10

Edited by Escobar PHM

I'm enjoying Save Me on Sky Atlantic. Only the last episode to go.

Good to see one of The Walking Dead's cast (Lennie James) showing that he's actually a very good actor when you give him decent material to work with. 

Edited by Ray Gin

alwaysthereinspirit

The latest Homeland series has been pretty good. Last years was slow. Carrie getting her attitude back.

Gomorrah........... just brilliant. Mafia in Naples. Might think twice about going on holiday there now :-)

Characters really evolve in ways you sometimes don't see coming.

Really compelling , edgy stuff if you can be ersed with the subtitles.

Ozark...... well worth a watch too.

A bit more commercial, but excellent viewing.

Loved Spiral but thought series 6, ( the latest one) was a bit meh.

That Joesephine........ sigh....

Fraggle Rock

Season 2 of Atlanta has started, and going by the first 3 episodes it is just as good as/ if not better than season 1.  As i enjoyed season 1 the first time round I decided to watch all of it again last night,  before watching the first 3 episodes of season 2 this morning, and i wasn't disappointed. 

Great stuff.

Paper Boi  Paper Boi all about that paper boy.

Edited by EH17

9 minutes ago, EH17 said:

Season 2 of Atlanta has started, and going by the first 3 episodes it is just as good as/ if not better than season 1.  As i enjoyed season 1 the first time round I decided to watch all of it again last night,  before watching the first 3 episodes of season 2 this morning, and i wasn't disappointed. 

Great stuff.

Ace, wasn't aware of this! Loved the first season. :)

Fraggle Rock
8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Ace, wasn't aware of this! Loved the first season. :)

Enjoy :pleased:

Cruyff Turn
On 12/03/2018 at 15:55, Rab87 said:

I watched the first 10 minutes of the first episode a couple of years ago and switched it off. 

Then about 6 months ago decided to give it another shot and subsequently binges watched 3 seasons on the trot. 

Highly enjoyable.

Jambof3tornado

Peaky blinders well worth the time to let it settle on you.

Watching west world now and jamestown on sky.

Marcella decent too.

On 16/03/2018 at 14:45, EH17 said:

Great stuff.

What's this on.

Coudnt see it on sky.

first series was good

2 hours ago, Stu40 said:

What's this on.

Coudnt see it on sky.

first series was good

Doesn't seem to have a date confirmed for the UK yet. Series 1 was shown on Fox.

William H. Bonney
7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:rudiyas:

Granted my mum told me this. She has been known to get a few things wrong. Fingers crossed 

16 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Granted my mum told me this. She has been known to get a few things wrong. Fingers crossed 

It's definitely coming up soon, it has already aired in Denmark/Sweden.

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It's definitely coming up soon, it has already aired in Denmark/Sweden.

To be honest I expected it sooner. It aired 1st January in Sweden. 

Watched the first episode of Krypton.Its set 200 years before the birth of Superman was pretty good for a first episode.

...a bit disco
7 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Watched the first episode of Krypton.Its set 200 years before the birth of Superman was pretty good for a first episode.

Has potential.

The Old Tolbooth
On 3/16/2018 at 18:13, Gavman81 said:

Marcella series two is not too terrible at all 

It's very good, I would recommend it too, and I would imagine Shetland has been mentioned, it's also excellent if you can see past the polis burds poor acting (Tosh in the show) as the rest of it as very well done. 

Edited by johnmitchell

scott herbertson
7 hours ago, johnmitchell said:

It's very good, I would recommend it too, and I would imagine Shetland has been mentioned, it's also excellent if you can see past the polis burds poor acting (Tosh in the show) as the rest of it as very well done. 

My wife and I enjoyed the last Shetland series. Watching 10 commandments ( Dutch serial killer/ crime series -13 episodes on channel 4 My4 it's decent

The Old Tolbooth
16 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

My wife and I enjoyed the last Shetland series. Watching 10 commandments ( Dutch serial killer/ crime series -13 episodes on channel 4 My4 it's decent

I might need to check that one out too mate, cheers for that. 

scott herbertson
21 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

I might need to check that one out too mate, cheers for that. 

There's a few fairly graphic scenes of violence (doesn't bother me, but just in case...)

The Old Tolbooth
14 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

There's a few fairly graphic scenes of violence (doesn't bother me, but just in case...)

It does't bother me either, but I'll have fun by not telling the wife in advance :lol: 

6 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The Young Offenders is very good. Cleverly written and a second series has been commissioned. 

The film it is based on is excellent. 

Samuel Camazzola
20 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The film it is based on is excellent. 

I only found out after watching the first episode there was a film made first. Catching this series was purely accidental as I think I had been watching Graham Norton and it came on afterwards. 

It seems to have a similar comedic feel as Summerheights High but with coarser language. 

Disser Pointon
4 hours ago, benny said:

Watched the first episode of Sneaky Pete.

Hope the rest are just as good.

Worth sticking with mate. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series