Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

King Of The Cat Cafe

"13 Commandments", on Walter Presents on All4.

It is a Belgian cop show about a modern "prophet" who attacks people for their breaches of the biblical commandments.

It mixes the investigation with the life stories of the two chief investigators.

It takes a bit of concentrating to follow the sub titles, but is gripping none the less.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

"13 Commandments", on Walter Presents on All4.

It is a Belgian cop show about a modern "prophet" who attacks people for their breaches of the biblical commandments.

It mixes the investigation with the life stories of the two chief investigators.

It takes a bit of concentrating to follow the sub titles, but is gripping none the less.

Would agree - I enjoyed it

12 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Just started American Gods. WTAF.

Is it worth sticking with?

I enjoyed it but it gets quite slow in the middle. And you'll find yourself fancying a woman you probably shouldn't for a very good reason

14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I enjoyed it but it gets quite slow in the middle. And you'll find yourself fancying a woman you probably shouldn't for a very good reason

Does it begin to make sense at any point or is it just relentlessly weird throughout?

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Does it begin to make sense at any point or is it just relentlessly weird throughout?

Sort of. It's based on an epic novel so very hard to condense. It's very much love or hate stuff. 

Inside number 9 is excellent 

Watched the episode "the 12 days of Christine" tonight and hand on heart was one of the most powerful, emotional pieces of television I have ever seen 

Made me think about my life and by the end I was crying like a baby

Breathtaking 

rudi must stay

The Terror is really good. All star British cast (IMO, as a lot of them are underrated) who are all superb. BT have kindly put the first episode up for free on Youtube

Edited by rudi must stay

...a bit disco

Just finished bingeing Marcella.

What a batshit ending!

3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Watched the first 1 and a half episodes of The Crossing.

Absolute murder.

i've watched 3 episodes and am not sure about it

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Archer S9 started last night in the US. Haven't watched it yet but looking forward to it.

Love Archer. Never realized there was a new season.

Thanks for that.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Archer S9 started last night in the US. Haven't watched it yet but looking forward to it.

Magic, straight on that!

The Internet
17 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Never heard of archer, what did that air on??

Think it was on Fox initially but the first 8 seasons are on netflix.

JudyJudyJudy

Yes " The terror" is not too bad. Enjoying it.   

Been watching " Wallender" on Netflix.  Its been good too

Ive heard " The Alenist" is really good too so that's next on my list.

Just as a matter of interest how many episodes to people watch of a new show before deciding that's it crap???  I usually give it 2/3 episodes.. I watched all of " The sinner" thinking it may improve.  It didn't and had a ludicrous conclusion.  

21 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes " The terror" is not too bad. Enjoying it.   

Been watching " Wallender" on Netflix.  Its been good too

Ive heard " The Alenist" is really good too so that's next on my list.

Just as a matter of interest how many episodes to people watch of a new show before deciding that's it crap???  I usually give it 2/3 episodes.. I watched all of " The sinner" thinking it may improve.  It didn't and had a ludicrous conclusion.  

Finished the terror a few weeks back, loved it. Rather gruesome but well worth watching.

I'm a little more patient than two or three episodes, stuck with westworld thru the first season although it was painfully slow.

Edited by Neon

JudyJudyJudy
On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 14:59, neonjambo said:

Finished the terror a few weeks back, loved it. Rather gruesome but well worth watching.

I'm a little more patient than two or three episodes, stuck with westworld thru the first season although it was painfully slow.

I gave up with " westworld" after 5 episodes . it was too complex

Ron Burgundy

Has anyone watched ''Happy''.

Started watching the first episode last night but fell asleep. Not sure what to make of what I have seen so far. I feel I could rather like it or hate it.

18 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Started watching the first episode last night but fell asleep. Not sure what to make of what I have seen so far. I feel I could rather like it or hate it.

Bizarrely I did the exact same thing last night, not judging it as I vaguely remember the first ten minutes or so and then nodded off. 

Pans Jambo
10 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I wont sugar coat it...

Best thing I have seen on Netflix for years!

Laughed ma titz aff. Some of the violence is a bit strong but the jokes come thick & fast and the one liners are class. 

Yes you have to suspend belief but no more than watching Star Trek or similar. 

Just brilliant and only 8 episodes. 

Ron Burgundy
10 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I wont sugar coat it...

Best thing I have seen on Netflix for years!

Laughed ma titz aff. Some of the violence is a bit strong but the jokes come thick & fast and the one liners are class. 

Yes you have to suspend belief but no more than watching Star Trek or similar. 

Just brilliant and only 8 episodes. 

Watched episode 2 last night and gonna stick with it.

Cruyff Turn

Just tanked through two seasons of the Last Kingdom on Netflix, thought it was superb, gutted there wasn't more seasons to watch. 

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Just tanked through two seasons of the Last Kingdom on Netflix, thought it was superb, gutted there wasn't more seasons to watch. 

Probably will be in the future..

Cruyff Turn
14 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Hopefully mate, thought it was ace. 

11 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I have watched the first 2 episodes of Happy. I’m in but I is a unique programme that’s for sure.

Happy cracks me up and I watched without having even seen a trailer so did think I was tripping at first!!!

I can imagine it’s not for everyone but I would recommend. 

Seriously odd shit. And then when you think you've got a handle on things it ramps it right up at episode 4. 

luckyBatistuta
On 09/04/2018 at 14:40, vegas-voss said:

Yes I watched it all.Think it's finished though now no more seasons.

One of those great shows hardly anybody watched.AMC (sure it's there show) stuck with it despite the watching numbers not being good.

Finished watching it and had that horrible feeling you get when you know that you’re never going to see those characters ever again. Thought it was a great watch, gonna miss it.

On 13/04/2018 at 17:24, Gavman81 said:

Just finished Fargo season three

Quality if a little odder than previous series 

Great series, I’ll not say what and spoil anything for folks on here who haven’t seen it, but did you like the little crossover from the earlier episode, I burst out laughing when I spotted it.

In the last month or so I finally got round to watching fringe. Really enjoyed it. The last series did seem a bit forced though

Money Heist on Netflix is good, dozing off on the couch, late at night material 

You could watch it in the morning or afternoon too though, and I imagine it would still be good 

scott herbertson
On 5/3/2018 at 19:27, Cruyff Turn said:

On 5/3/2018 at 23:24, rudi must stay said:

It starts slowly but is very good. There's another series being made - out next year though I think.

Cruyff Turn
2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

It starts slowly but is very good. There's another series being made - out next year though I think.

Good stuff. Going to have to watch GoT and Vikings now to satisfy my blood lust. :laugh:

rudi must stay

The Feuds: Wenger v Ferguson. Hopefully the first of many on Channel 5. Fantastic TV, some footage of Ferguson I've never seen and some inside info of both clubs at that time

On 28/04/2018 at 17:24, JamesM48 said:

Ive heard " The Alienist" is really good too so that's next on my list.

I started this over the weekend and ended up watching most of the series over 2 nights. Very good if you enjoy victorian cop dramas.

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, Tazio said:

I started this over the weekend and ended up watching most of the series over 2 nights. Very good if you enjoy victorian cop dramas.

Yeah finished it last night. It was very good. 9/10. Great cast and storyline.  Quite daring too

The Internet

The latest Billions 

:scenes:

Been quite a slow burner this season but has picked up dramatically the last couple of weeks. 

Also not a fan of the new scenes smiley. 

MacDonald Jardine
On 24/04/2018 at 22:03, Marvin said:

Watching Grimm (based on The Brothers Grimm tales) on Netflix. Onto season 2 now. Thoroughly enjoying it. 

That's a great series.

Sexton Hardcastle

Been watching the reboot of arrested development and awaiting the new season later this month.

16 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

That's a great series.

Just started season 3 now. Really really enjoying it. 10/10

Edited by Marvin

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series