Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Say What Again

Another who doesn't get the hype surrounding The Sinner. I found it just too far fetched at times, along with just being plain weird at some points. 

Spoiler

The fact a detective (who's superior has already questioned how close he was getting to the suspect) was allowed to take her out of jail to go visit places to jog her memory, alone, with no other officers present.

The fact she was allowed to even go to these places like she was some kind of psychic. 

Then the police seemed to act on her vague recollections, without any background work, just like they were fact.

That's all before we even get to the dying, bed-ridden sister, who can't even walk down three steps to get out of the house, then half hour later is gubbing ecstasy, downing shots and up on the dancefloor :lol:

Really enjoyed Godless, following the recommendations on here. I thought Jeff Daniels was excellent.

Though in the interest of fairness, while I loved the final episode....

Spoiler

Bit of a stupid plan from Frank and his gang to just huddle like sitting ducks in front of the hotel cum fortress.... and poor Whitey :lol: , but WTF was he doing just walking out the door to face a gang of 30 killers - who you knew had come to town to kill you all :rofl: 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Say What Again said:

Another who doesn't get the hype surrounding The Sinner. I found it just too far fetched at times, along with just being plain weird at some points. 

Reveal hidden contents

The fact a detective (who's superior has already questioned how close he was getting to the suspect) was allowed to take her out of jail to go visit places to jog her memory, alone, with no other officers present.

The fact she was allowed to even go to these places like she was some kind of psychic. 

Then the police seemed to act on her vague recollections, without any background work, just like they were fact.

That's all before we even get to the dying, bed-ridden sister, who can't even walk down three steps to get out of the house, then half hour later is gubbing ecstasy, downing shots and up on the dancefloor :lol:

Really enjoyed Godless, following the recommendations on here. I thought Jeff Daniels was excellent.

Though in the interest of fairness, while I loved the final episode....

Reveal hidden contents

Bit of a stupid plan from Frank and his gang to just huddle like sitting ducks in front of the hotel cum fortress.... and poor Whitey :lol: , but WTF was he doing just walking out the door to face a gang of 30 killers - who you knew had come to town to kill you all :rofl: 

Yeah complete agreement re The Sinner. Dunno how to put spoilers on this but a few more to add to your plot holes you noted. I guess I was like others and got caught up on the hype via Facebook / Twitter when it was stated " that millions were loving this show and bingeing on it".  That might have been true but doesn't mean it is any good .  Lesson learnt.  Artistic quality and popularity rarely meet !! I'm starting on " Alias  Grace" it has had fine reviews.  Looks good. . Hopefully !

Edited by JamesM48

I can recommend a TV show to avoid - Last Man On Earth. 

Utter shit, meant to be a comedy but not funny in the slightest and the main guy is painful to watch.

Mrs S loves it, but it's the longest half hour of my week

Black Mirror season 4 possibly coming on the 29th December but that's not official yet. Each episode has a trailer up on YouTube now. 

:pleasing:

On 06/12/2017 at 08:47, Smithee said:

I can recommend a TV show to avoid - Last Man On Earth. 

Utter shit, meant to be a comedy but not funny in the slightest and the main guy is painful to watch.

Mrs S loves it, but it's the longest half hour of my week

Couldn't disagree more. Absolutely love it!

Will Forte is definitely one of those 'you either love him or you hate him' types though. 

1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

Couldn't disagree more. Absolutely love it!

Will Forte is definitely one of those 'you either love him or you hate him' types though. 

Hey, to each their own eh?

I lost respect for it quickly, I liked him as the humpty last survivor and the conniving dick but in the second series his characterful completely changed. 

I liked him and his wife in flight of the conchords, I like the old bird who was in 40 year old virgin, I just don't like this show

Nobody on here at all watch Halt And Catch Fire, guess not described as the best show nobody watched just finished its fourth and final season.

MacDonald Jardine
10 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Nobody on here at all watch Halt And Catch Fire, guess not described as the best show nobody watched just finished its fourth and final season.

Is that the one about the start of the computer boom?

I started the first episode, never got round to finishing it but keep meaning to go back.

rudi must stay

Religion of Sports on Netflix. A TV series all about religion and how it's linked with some sports rivalries: each one is about a different sport, the Rangers v Celtic one is excellent

North Berwick Jambo

I watched the first episode of "Happy" last night , its about a former cop / hitman who starts to see an imaginary fluffy blue unicorn called happy. I really enjoyed it and can't wait till next weeks episode. Check out the trailer ....

7 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Is that the one about the start of the computer boom?

I started the first episode, never got round to finishing it but keep meaning to go back.

Yes first season is about the race to bring out the first home computer.2nd the birth of internet gaming long before online gaming as we know it now.Then the last two are about the web.It sounds pretty dull but thanks to really good writing and acting it's actually really good.

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Yes first season is about the race to bring out the first home computer.2nd the birth of internet gaming long before online gaming as we know it now.Then the last two are about the web.It sounds pretty dull but thanks to really good writing and acting it's actually really good.

Loved HACF, first series was the best but others are still enjoyable. Think you probably need to have grown up in the 80s with computers to appreciate it!

1 minute ago, Jambomb said:

Loved HACF, first series was the best but others are still enjoyable. Think you probably need to have grown up in the 80s with computers to appreciate it!

Probable mate.Mental seeing them use C64 in season 2 and part of 3 not just in homes but offices as well.

5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Probable mate.Mental seeing them use C64 in season 2 and part of 3 not just in homes but offices as well.

Haha! I had a luggable laptop, not quite first Compaq but similar with DOS 3.1 - glory days of computing!

rudi must stay

That's  the Golden Globes nominations out. No nomination for Winona Rider in Stranger Things, shame but David Harbour definatly deserves his

Edited by rudi must stay

Say What Again
17 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Dark - not getting into it, the wife is but I can't get passed the dubbed voices.

I've not watched it yet, but an article I read about it suggested watching with subtitles over the dubbed voices.

Couple of episodes into Manhunt on Netflix, pretty good so far.

Completely unrelated and not a series - but highly recommend Icarus on Netflix too.

On 13 December 2017 at 10:09, Billy Walsh said:

Couple of episodes into Manhunt on Netflix, pretty good so far.

Completely unrelated and not a series - but highly recommend Icarus on Netflix too.

Enjoying Manhunt gets better every episode. Shows his ideology and how he got there as it goes on. Not your usual good guy bad guy shit.

On 11/12/2017 at 13:20, Bleedsmaroon said:

Really enjoying Future man - purile nonsense but funny!

Got through about 8 episodes of that last night, very funny. The Wolf character is funny as ****, like when he calls out the fight moves for everyone as they happen :lol:

alwaysthereinspirit

Watching Orphan Black right now. 3 weeks in and in to season 4.

Loving Alison and Elana. Donnie and Felix get honourable mentions.

On 08/12/2017 at 10:58, vegas-voss said:

I really, really enjoyed it but, like another poster said, it might just be because the technology changes throughout the series matched my career in IT. Maybe just too niche?

7 minutes ago, RobboM said:

I really, really enjoyed it but, like another poster said, it might just be because the technology changes throughout the series matched my career in IT. Maybe just too niche?

I loved it and I have no career in IT I think the acting and story elevated away from that.Of course I grew up through those years though.

scott herbertson
On 12/3/2017 at 10:44, Tazio said:

Vikings is back on Amazon now and is two episodes in. 

Don't have Amazon - anyone know of anywhere else to see this (saw the previous series on History channel)

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 19:11, scott herbertson said:

Don't have Amazon - anyone know of anywhere else to see this (saw the previous series on History channel)

Series 5 episode 4 is up in fact the whole of them are on the site.Again you will need your torrent.

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Series 5 episode 4 is up in fact the whole of them are on the site.Again you will need your torrent.

Dont do torrents . May subscribe to amazon prime then cancel after watched

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 19:11, scott herbertson said:

the history channel has shown all the previous series a few months after amazon. if you're prepared to wait, it will be on at some point.

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

the history channel has shown all the previous series a few months after amazon. if you're prepared to wait, it will be on at some point.

thanks I don’t have cable anymore so I’ll probably go down the Prime route - used to be easy when there was just BbC and ITV!

North Berwick Jambo
7 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

thanks I don’t have cable anymore so I’ll probably go down the Prime route - used to be easy when there was just BbC and ITV!

http://www.watchepisodeseries.com/vikings

https://www.seriestop.online/show/vikings

https://123movieshub.to/film/vikings-season-5-22819/

take your pick..:thumbsup:

rudi must stay
13 hours ago, Tazio said:

Amazed there isn't more love for The Detectorists on here, the last series was superb television.

First series is very good TV particularly the last episode I felt it was perfect, wasn't so keen on the second. Happy to hear it's improved again

...a bit disco
20 hours ago, Tazio said:

Amazed there isn't more love for The Detectorists on here, the last series was superb television.

First two series on Netflix at the mo'.

On 11/24/2017 at 14:04, The Continental Op said:

If you can cope with subtitles, I recommend Babylon Berlin on Sky Atlantic, and not just because I was in Berlin a couple of weeks ago. Most expensive non-english language series ever and it's all there up on the screen in the lavish visuals.

(International) star-making turn from the lead actress Liv Lisa Fries as well.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjjjfOZsNfXAhVdOMAKHYYRDYEQFggsMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.standard.co.uk%2Fstayingin%2Ftvfilm%2Fbabylon-berlin-actress-liv-lisa-fries-on-the-scandalous-new-sky-atlantic-series-a3673886.html&usg=AOvVaw25wZFhIvJWf8AoeI4A9bV7

I've watched the first 3 episodes and it has been excellent so far. :)

I really enjoyed The Tunnel: Vengeance, blitzed in 2 nights.

Glad it moved away from just being a UK remake of The Bridge after the first series.

5 hours ago, Tazio said:

I've just watched the first two episodes of Godless on Netflix, shaping up to be an excellent watch.

And just finished it. Fantastic series. I meant to spread it out to savour it but ended up watching it like an eight hour long western film. Fantastic turn from Jeff Daniels as the baddie. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series