Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Defiant Ones.

Documentary about Dr Dre and Jimmy Lovine and the whole Interscope and Def Jam scene.

Really good it's on Netflix now

24 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

The Defiant Ones.

Documentary about Dr Dre and Jimmy Lovine and the whole Interscope and Def Jam scene.

Really good it's on Netflix now

Iovine not Lovine :lol:

scott herbertson
4 hours ago, dunx747 said:

Just finished Season 2 of Gomorrah and ploughing through Season 3 - top notch.

Naples is a dump though eh?

they don't say "see Naples and Die!" for no reason....

37 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

they don't say "see Naples and Die!" for no reason....

Has that edge about it on the streets.

Crossing the road is an experience as well.

Just finished Britiannia, really enjoyed it

Started Power watching my way through 12 Monkeys, onto season 2 and enjoying it as well

Not too much to get through but didn't think it was great. Good though. Him not being a dad to the girl was interesting but meant i didn't really care if he rescued her or not...

The Terror has received some great reviews 9.3 on imdb, not a fan of Horror tv shows, but set in an interesting period.

Imdb Description

Set in 1847. A crew of a Royal Naval expedition is sent to find the Arctic's treacherous Northwest Passage but instead discovers a monstrous predator, a cunning and vicious Gothic horror that stalks the ships in a desperate game of survival, the consequences of which could endanger the region and its native people forever.

Rotten Tomatoes Description

Inspired by a true story, The Terror centers on the Royal Navy's perilous voyage into unchartered territory as the crew attempts to discover the Northwest Passage. Faced with treacherous conditions, limited resources, dwindling hope and fear of the unknown, the crew is pushed to the brink of extinction. Frozen, isolated and stuck at the end of the earth, The Terror highlights all that can go wrong when a group of men, desperate to survive, struggle not only with the elements, but with each other.

I will give it a try this week.

Edited by Neon

Goldstone Wonder

A few other people have mentioned it, but Save Me was really good on Sky Atlantic. 

scott herbertson
2 hours ago, neonjambo said:

The Terror has received some great reviews 9.3 on imdb, not a fan of Horror tv shows, but set in an interesting period.

Imdb Description

Set in 1847. A crew of a Royal Naval expedition is sent to find the Arctic's treacherous Northwest Passage but instead discovers a monstrous predator, a cunning and vicious Gothic horror that stalks the ships in a desperate game of survival, the consequences of which could endanger the region and its native people forever.

Rotten Tomatoes Description

Inspired by a true story, The Terror centers on the Royal Navy's perilous voyage into unchartered territory as the crew attempts to discover the Northwest Passage. Faced with treacherous conditions, limited resources, dwindling hope and fear of the unknown, the crew is pushed to the brink of extinction. Frozen, isolated and stuck at the end of the earth, The Terror highlights all that can go wrong when a group of men, desperate to survive, struggle not only with the elements, but with each other.

I will give it a try this week.

Sounds like the Franklin Expedition, though I don't think the true story included gothic monsters!

Just now, scott herbertson said:

Sounds like the Franklin Expedition, though I don't think the true story included gothic monsters!

Yes put the reviews up there as they are quite different. Maybe a Moby Dick type of beast is all I can think of.

scott herbertson
7 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Yes put the reviews up there as they are quite different. Maybe a Moby Dick type of beast is all I can think of.

Thanks - I've read a lot about the Franklin Expedition so will follow with interest. Don't mind if they do a horror story round it - it already has some of the trademarks.

One of my favourite folk songs too, in this haunting version by Pentangle

https://youtu.be/ysFKjWG_W54

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, neonjambo said:

I read the novel a while ago and have watched the first two in the TV series. Really enjoyed the book and so far, the TV version also, very "atmospheric". The commercials are doing my nut, 'tho.

39 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I read the novel a while ago and have watched the first two in the TV series. Really enjoyed the book and so far, the TV version also, very "atmospheric". The commercials are doing my nut, 'tho.

Check out https://www3.fmovies.se

it has 1,2,3&5 listed no 4 although it can be found on pbay

Ensure you have an adblocker on pain in the behind if you don't have it enabled.

Piratebay also has episodes 1-5 listed

Watching number three now, been pleasantly surprised another Amc series which feels similar to Westworld, not much horror and if you can stomach Walking dead this should be a walk in the park. Great cast also.

3 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Thanks - I've read a lot about the Franklin Expedition so will follow with interest. Don't mind if they do a horror story round it - it already has some of the trademarks.

One of my favourite folk songs too, in this haunting version by Pentangle

https://youtu.be/ysFKjWG_W54

Been fascinating so far Scott, I am sure I was taught about it at school many moons ago or have read something on it as it does ring a bell, especially the ships doctors name- not the surgeon.

Worth a watch thumb:thumb:

scott herbertson
5 hours ago, neonjambo said:

Been fascinating so far Scott, I am sure I was taught about it at school many moons ago or have read something on it as it does ring a bell, especially the ships doctors name- not the surgeon.

Worth a watch thumb:thumb:

Thanks - I watched the first two episodes tonight  - very good. It’s not a bad portrayal historically either, though the arrogant aristocratic second in command rally was a heroic man, and unusually rose up despite being illegitimate 

Borderliner

Norweigen laddies and lassies investigating police corruption in subtitles 

Watchable in a Killing/Bridge style way and there's a character called Lars as a bonus 

Trust 

Just watched first episode was hooked from opening scene.Multi series spanning generations of the Getty family.All star cast including Donald Sutherland.Not sure if it's all directed by him but the first episode is Danny Boyle.

On 05/04/2018 at 12:50, Hector Riva said:

Just finished SAVE ME. :jj_facepalm:

Not worth watching then??

10 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Trust 

Just watched first episode was hooked from opening scene.Multi series spanning generations of the Getty family.All star cast including Donald Sutherland.Not sure if it's all directed by him but the first episode is Danny Boyle.

I saw this the other day, just an add and was curious about it with DS in the cast, then saw Brendon Fraser was in it and decided against it. I will check it out, let us know how it pans out in the next episode Vega.  Pilots always are more on point and built to generate interest, so id like to know your thoughts after the second episode has aired.

1 hour ago, neonjambo said:

I saw this the other day, just an add and was curious about it with DS in the cast, then saw Brendon Fraser was in it and decided against it. I will check it out, let us know how it pans out in the next episode Vega.  Pilots always are more on point and built to generate interest, so id like to know your thoughts after the second episode has aired.

Will let you know.I think it's going to be good though high production values.Fraser was in first episode but very briefly not sure how much of a part he is going to have.

15 hours ago, neonjambo said:

Watched the 2nd episode was good again.Fraser features a lot he ain't horrendous but would have been much better with someone like Harrelson in the role.

Cheers Vega, Sounds interesting. Nothing really against Brendan Fraser, Liked him in the movie with Harrison Ford, Just think he hit the high point in his Career and fame went to his head.

The Crossing on Amazon.

Bodies start washing up on the beach and it's not long before we learn they are from the future.Really good first episode only comes on weekly so no binge watching just now but this has started off really promising.Its an ABC Network show though so it will probably end up being  great and they will cancel before end of first seasons :lol:

luckyBatistuta

Been watching Halt and Catch Fire,

It's the early 1980s, and the spirit of innovation in personal computing is about to catch fire. Hot on the trail is a renegade trio -- a visionary, an engineer and a prodigy -- who risk everything to realize their vision of building a computer that can change the future.

I’m now near the end of season 4 and it’s been an enjoyable watch. I’ve watched a few shows where I’ve lost interest after a couple of seasons, so to be this far on and looking forward to another season hopefully,  is a recommendation in itself.

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It's the early 1980s, and the spirit of innovation in personal computing is about to catch fire. Hot on the trail is a renegade trio -- a visionary, an engineer and a prodigy -- who risk everything to realize their vision of building a computer that can change the future.

I’m now near the end of season 4 and it’s been an enjoyable watch. I’ve watched a few shows where I’ve lost interest after a couple of seasons, so to be this far on and looking forward to another season hopefully,  is a recommendation in itself.

Yes I watched it all.Think it's finished though now no more seasons.

One of those great shows hardly anybody watched.AMC (sure it's there show) stuck with it despite the watching numbers not being good.

Edited by vegas-voss

luckyBatistuta
23 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Yes I watched it all.Think it's finished though now no more seasons.

One of those great shows hardly anybody watched.AMC (sure it's there show) stuck with it despite the watching numbers not being good.

:( I saw something in google about season 5, so I got excited. I didn’t read anything though, as I’m only a couple of episodes in to season 4 and don’t want to spoil any of it. So far, it’s been a good watch, surprised the numbers weren’t great.

Probably mentioned already but been watching Blood Drive. A bit like Mad Max meets the Wacky Races where cars run on human blood. Only ran for one season last year but got decent reviews.

Enjoying it so far, very gory though. :)

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Probably mentioned already but been watching Blood Drive. A bit like Mad Max meets the Wacky Races where cars run on human blood. Only ran for one season last year but got decent reviews.

Enjoying it so far, very gory though. :)

it was ridiculous but enjoyable

edit: i believe it is based upon a cheesy horror film of the same name

Edited by milky_26

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

it was ridiculous but enjoyable

edit: i believe it is based upon a cheesy horror film of the same name

Cool, will need to check that out. :)

luckyBatistuta
17 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

The Crossing on Amazon.

Bodies start washing up on the beach and it's not long before we learn they are from the future.Really good first episode only comes on weekly so no binge watching just now but this has started off really promising.Its an ABC Network show though so it will probably end up being  great and they will cancel before end of first seasons :lol:

Watched this on your recommendation and really enjoyed it, just a bummer that I’ve got to wait for another episode now:(

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Watched this on your recommendation and really enjoyed it, just a bummer that I’ve got to wait for another episode now:(

Episodes every Tuesday

19 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

+1 here.

I blitzed it all over a few weeks. Decent show.

Disser Pointon

Just finished season 2 of This is us, not my usual cup of tea but it is superbly written and acted. Set up nicely for s3 as well. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series