Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

House of Cards (Season 5)

4/10. 

Disappointing.

Loved the earlier seasons but the last couple have been fairly shit, IMO.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4/10. 

Disappointing.

I really liked it.

8/10

Carl Fredrickson

Watched the first 2 episodes of Paula on Iplayer. Grim but gripping with the last episode on Thursday. 

Also watched the first Episode of Broken, Jimmy McGoverns latest offering. This is also very grim but I think i will be drawn into it. 

Finally, Hinterland, BBC Wales crime drama. Watched the third series of it and really enjoyed it. 

Iplayer is worth the license fee on its own

AlimOzturk

4/10.

Disappointing.

7.5 out of ten.

Good but the poorest season so far. Not many TV shows can keep the level of shit hotness as the first 4 seasons.

Hopefully it won't be one of those shows that jumps the shark.

Disco Dave

4/10. 

Disappointing.

I enjoyed it. Agree with others that it wasn't as good as previous seasons though

JudyJudyJudy

what do you mean?

Gotham returns next month on US tv...on Kodi next day

Gotham returns next month on US tv...on Kodi next day

the current series had its season finale this week in the us

JudyJudyJudy

the current series had its season finale this week in the us

Ohi didnt know that

Seymour M Hersh

what do you mean?

It was on channel 5 (I think) last year but there seems to have been a new series in the US that has not appeared here yet.

Rudolf's Mate

Halfway through current season of House of Cards and agree with what's being said. 7.5 so far but nowhere near as gripping as previous seasons.

Also watching Better Call Saul and it's been great.

Still haven't got a ****ing clue what's going on in American Gods. Made the mistake of starting it thinking they were all available so have to wait a week to compound my whata****ery.

JudyJudyJudy

Just finished " OJ Simpson Made in America"... Its a 5 part documentary about him and his notorious life. It really is outstanding.  It looks in depth about his football career, then race relations in the US and his  " Uncle Tom" image. 

He was/ is one ****ed up man and there really is no doubt he killed Nicole and Ron Goldman.  Its a classic domestic violence scenario which sadly ended with those murders Some heartbreaking interviews with the deceased families especially Ron Goldmans dad who persue a civil case against the scumbag OJ.

Its currently on BBC iplayer as well as Kodi. 

rudi must stay

Finding Hitler on the History Channel. 3 whole series of 'experts' trying to work out if Hitler didn't die in his bunker and he survived after all, and it's all real. Ofcourse it's an American show

I happened across a Canadian crime drama on iPlayer called Cardinal. About a small town cop trying to find a serial killer. Pretty good.

Broken on BBC1 really tackling big subjects like people living in poverty because of difficulty with benefits, police cover ups and child abuse by priests. Really strong story lines by Jimmy McGovern and well acted. Gripping television

Seymour M Hersh

Broken on BBC1 really tackling big subjects like people living in poverty because of difficulty with benefits, police cover ups and child abuse by priests. Really strong story lines by Jimmy McGovern and well acted. Gripping television

If you want "gripping television" why not watch the news. Personally the world being the place it is I like to be entertained not depressed by shows. The BBC are ******* at doing the entertainment part nowadays.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

jack D and coke

I'm still watching Better Call Saul but it all just seems sort of aimless. It's still slow as a week in the jail it takes ages to tell any story. His brother chuck is an annoying knob and jimmy just doesn't seem the same character he was in Breaking Bad imo.

Watched the new Prison Break :rofl: what a piece of nonsense that was.

I'm still watching Better Call Saul but it all just seems sort of aimless. It's still slow as a week in the jail it takes ages to tell any story. His brother chuck is an annoying knob and jimmy just doesn't seem the same character he was in Breaking Bad imo.

Watched the new Prison Break :rofl: what a piece of nonsense that was.

You upto date with Saul? I feel like we are beginning to see the sly and scammy side of Jimmy/Saul. His brother must have a big part to play here and I'm quite enjoying the Salamanca/Gus storyline.

Not a bad series in my opinion but Vince Gilligan loves drawing story lines out

Rudolf's Mate

Changed my mind on current season of House of Cards. Last few episodes were brilliant. Francis back to being a right evil dirty ****er. Really enjoyed it.

Billy Walsh

Agreed on Riviera. What a backdrop too, absolutely stunning.

Started on Brockmire, 3 or 4 episodes in and it is incredibly funny.

Rudolf's Mate

Doing a recap on Game of Thrones by starting from season 1... Again!

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

First full season of El Chapo available on Netflix. Anyone watched it yet?

I watched the first two it feels like a cheap version of Narcos.

It's all subtitles not that I mind that but so far I'm not really into it

Rudolf's Mate

Aww ffs. Was looking forward to this as loads of reviews were raving about it.

Aww ffs. Was looking forward to this as loads of reviews were raving about it.

I have only watched two episodes might be a grower

Watched the first season of American Gods and I think I enjoyed it. I think. Very confusing, but very well made and I will definitely watch season 2

JudyJudyJudy

Watched the first 2 episodes of Paula on Iplayer. Grim but gripping with the last episode on Thursday. 

Also watched the first Episode of Broken, Jimmy McGoverns latest offering. This is also very grim but I think i will be drawn into it. 

Finally, Hinterland, BBC Wales crime drama. Watched the third series of it and really enjoyed it. 

Iplayer is worth the license fee on its own

I didnt think much of " Paula"...I thought it didn't make much sense and the ending was pathetic.   I do like " Broken". It is grim but realistic.  The scene were Father Michael confronted his abuser was shocking.  The acting was really powerful.  Im going to try " Cardinal" which is on Iplayer. Its had good reviews. 

Heartsmad1874

Why did it take me so long to watch Gomorrah. Jesus its good, arguably the best series Ive watched to date

The sheer amount of backstabbing in that show certainly keeps you on edge.

Started watching Grimm.

I had no idea what to expect but into the 2nd season just now and I'm quite enjoying it.

It's not amazing but it's decent.

The sheer amount of backstabbing in that show certainly keeps you on edge.

Plus the fact the Italians dont have limits. Some brutal scenes

Heartsmad1874

Plus the fact the Italians dont have limits. Some brutal scenes

Absolutely Series One was unreal the pace of the drama slowed down in Series Two imo, Ending was amazing. Not sure if coming back for Season Three though :(.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Carl Fredrickson

I didnt think much of " Paula"...I thought it didn't make much sense and the ending was pathetic.   I do like " Broken". It is grim but realistic.  The scene were Father Michael confronted his abuser was shocking.  The acting was really powerful.  Im going to try " Cardinal" which is on Iplayer. Its had good reviews. 

I felt the last episode and particularly the ending let Paula down. It minded me a bit of the League of Gentleman!

Loving Broken. Sean Bean has impressed me in it (never thought I would say that about Sean Bean!)

Cardinal is well worth a watch. 

I think I missed some earlier episodes of Hinterland so catching up on Netflix. Wee fact - on Iplayer quite a bit of each episode is in Welsh with subtitles. Netflix they are all in English.

William H. Bonney

Absolutely Series One was unreal the pace of the drama slowed down in Series Two imo, Ending was amazing. Not sure if coming back for Season Three though :(.

November I think.

First 3 or 4 eps in season 2 were slow but after that it kicked off massively

I think it has been excellent.

Better call Sauk last episode

:wow:

Yeah it was a good one. Like bcs, always intrigued to see the next one but I still feel like I'm waiting for it to get started and we're 30 hours in.

...a bit disco

Started House Of Cards a week ago.

Why did I wait so long? Oor Francis is some boy likes.

Started House Of Cards a week ago.

Why did I wait so long? Oor Francis is some boy likes.

He gets worse...... a lot worse! Fantastic acting

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series