Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Rudolf's Mate

I watched the first two it feels like a cheap version of Narcos.

It's all subtitles not that I mind that but so far I'm not really into it

I'm a couple of episodes in but at the end of the first I actually got what you meant. Saying that it's picked up now.

I'm watching it on Netflix and there's been zero subtitles [emoji3]

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rudolf's Mate

Started House Of Cards a week ago.

Why did I wait so long? Oor Francis is some boy likes.

Just when you think he can't get any worse [emoji85]He's a right horrible ***** but what a performance he gives.

I'm a couple of episodes in but at the end of the first I actually got what you meant. Saying that it's picked up now.

I'm watching it on Netflix and there's been zero subtitles [emoji3]

Eh zero subtitles

Back watching The Shield, Vic's the man. Really just waiting for G.O.T to fill the void in my life [emoji22][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

Eh zero subtitles

Yep no subs however it looks like it's dubbed on Netflix. Definitely in English though.

Yep no subs however it looks like it's dubbed on Netflix. Definitely in English though.

I'll stick to the subtitles.You must have the option on to use dubbed as it's def in subtitles on Netflix as default Edited by vegas-voss

Rudolf's Mate

I'll stick to the subtitles.You must have the option on to use dubbed as it's def in subtitles on Netflix as default

I've no touched the settings tbh.

Into Fargo season 3 now and it really is bringing back the memories of the other 2 series - idiots, snow and horrible accents.

Tremendous tele though

JudyJudyJudy

Broken on BBC1 really tackling big subjects like people living in poverty because of difficulty with benefits, police cover ups and child abuse by priests. Really strong story lines by Jimmy McGovern and well acted. Gripping television

Yeah completely agree. It was a powerful storyline last night about the gay guy and homophobia.   Very emotional tv and so well acted.  Sean Bean is outstanding in this. 

Carl Fredrickson

Yeah completely agree. It was a powerful storyline last night about the gay guy and homophobia.   Very emotional tv and so well acted.  Sean Bean is outstanding in this

I agree with this and cant believe how good SB is in his role in it. 

JudyJudyJudy

Yes he's brilliant . At last a show with a realistic and positvev representation of the Catholic Church and the

Day to day life of a priest . The dilemma of faith and the morality of it all . Various heavy themes well presented and explored

Edited by JamesM48

Escobar PHM

Anyone watched The Night Of?? Might give it a go tonight.

Yeh its superb.

Watched the whole thing in 2 nights.

...a bit disco

New series of Preacher just started today on Amazon. Super black humour.

That first episode was outstanding.

The first ten minutes was the best opening to a tv show I've seen in a very long time.

Anyone watched The Night Of?? Might give it a go tonight.

As above, superb. One of my favourite series in recent years.

JudyJudyJudy

just finished "Cardinal"  on BBC Iplayer.. I saw someone recommended it on this. Its not bad at all . About the hunt for a serial killer

That first episode was outstanding.

The first ten minutes was the best opening to a tv show I've seen in a very long time.

It was brilliant.

Series 1 was brilliant but the first episode in series 2 went up another level.

...a bit disco

It was brilliant.

Series 1 was brilliant but the first episode in series 2 went up another level.

:thumbsup:

"Come on Eileen".

:lol:

Rudolf's Mate

No. They released the first 2 this Tuesday and then its one a week from now on.

Cheers Tazio. Thought first season was outstanding however I'll wait to watch them all back to back. [emoji1303]

RustyRightPeg

El Chapo on Netflix. Very like Narcos, a slow burner but I'm getting right into it.

William H. Bonney

Not sure if recommend is the right word but I've started watching the final season of the leftovers and it's certainly interesting.

JudyJudyJudy

Just finished " Gypsy" on Kodi and Netlix.  Naomi Watts plays an oddball therapist who starts meddling in her patients lives.  Its not too bad . Id say around 7/10 as some of the plot holes are laughable but it has good things to say about therapy and themes about it. 

John Findlay

I've been watching Riviera, anyone else find it a bit hard to get into?

Just think they got the casting wrong.

Disser Pointon

Just finished season 2 of Hand of God, thought it was better than season 1 and shaping up nicely for season 3.

Just finished season 2 of Hand of God, thought it was better than season 1 and shaping up nicely for season 3.

Thought it was cancelled after season 2?

Say What Again

Narcos season 3 release date announced as 1st September.

:yas:

Edited by Say What Again

Anyone tried Riviera?

Currently watching 'Hooten & the Lady' second attempt. Actually really enjoying it. Got a week off work.

Just don't take it seriously. Pure escapism and adventure with a good dollop of nostalgia thrown in.

I'm a huge fan of indiana jones, the mummy, romancing the stone etc so a great wee through back for me

Anyone tried Riviera?

Currently watching 'Hooten & the Lady' second attempt. Actually really enjoying it. Got a week off work.

Just don't take it seriously. Pure escapism and adventure with a good dollop of nostalgia thrown in.

I'm a huge fan of indiana jones, the mummy, romancing the stone etc so a great wee through back for me

I really enjoyed Hooten and the Lady, thought they have a good chemistry between them,looking forward to the second season. On Riviera it's 1 that I want to watch but not too sure about it for some reason, possibly casting choices but at the moment everything has taken a back seat to G.O.T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disser Pointon

It was.

Didn't know that, just assumed the ending led to a third. Pity.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

rudi must stay

Ozark, starring Jason Bateman and Laura Kinney is out July 21st on Netflix. Sounds good and both those two are great actors

Snowfall sounds decent

It's 1983 and the crack cocaine epidemic is in its infancy in Los Angeles. Ambitious Lucia -- the daughter of a Mexican crime lord who sells marijuana throughout the city -- sees the burgeoning cocaine business as a potential moneymaker, so she manipulates her family into entering the more dangerous and profitable territory than pot. Getting involved with the new drug is setting her on a violent collision course with the likes of Franklin, a young street entrepreneur on a quest for power, and former Mexican wrestler Gustavo, who is caught up in a power struggle within a crime family. Also getting involved in the cocaine trade is CIA operative Teddy, who is running from a dark past and begins an off-book operation to fund Nicaraguan Contras. Oscar-nominated director John Singleton ("Boyz N the Hood") co-created the drama series and says he drew inspiration from his own life for Franklin's story.

There is a small show called game of thrones starting again this week. Don't know if any of you have heard of it?

Snowfall sounds decent

It's 1983 and the crack cocaine epidemic is in its infancy in Los Angeles. Ambitious Lucia -- the daughter of a Mexican crime lord who sells marijuana throughout the city -- sees the burgeoning cocaine business as a potential moneymaker, so she manipulates her family into entering the more dangerous and profitable territory than pot. Getting involved with the new drug is setting her on a violent collision course with the likes of Franklin, a young street entrepreneur on a quest for power, and former Mexican wrestler Gustavo, who is caught up in a power struggle within a crime family. Also getting involved in the cocaine trade is CIA operative Teddy, who is running from a dark past and begins an off-book operation to fund Nicaraguan Contras. Oscar-nominated director John Singleton ("Boyz N the Hood") co-created the drama series and says he drew inspiration from his own life for Franklin's story.

Watched the first one of this was pretty decent.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series