Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

The Real Maroonblood

I'm currently watching nothing, having just finished Game of Thrones. Which in my opinion really is the best of all time.

So was thinking about buying a new series. The Sopranos, House of Cards, The Wire etc. What would you recommend?

I have never seen the remake of "House of Cards." The original was excellent followed by "To Play the King."

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gomorrah has been the best thing on tv this year imo.Absolutely brilliant show and for anybody that never seen it and likes mafia shows they should check it out on Sky demand as the whole series is on there.

Yeah it was excellent. Highly recommended.

I watched The Returned after it was recommended here (please not by you or Taz, he says without checking) and wished for the end from halfway through.

I'm convinced if that was in English, from ITV, we'd all agree it was pish. But hey, it's subtitled. Coooool.

I lasted one episode. Seemed like a load of pish and I had no interest in watching it any further.

Rudolf's Mate

Marco Polo looks interesting.

Is there a new season of Justified starting next year? Hope so.

And, anyone know when The Newsroom season 3 will be available on iTunes?

Justified is brilliant viewing. I watched it a while back and then got the Mrs into it and watched it again.

New season starts in the new year however it's the last.

Yeah it was excellent. Highly recommended.

I don't know if a second season has been commissioned(hope so though) but Canal+ have gave the green light for the writer of it to make ZeroZeroZero which is about the drugs trade.Also the young kid that plays Daniello is now in a young offenders for murdering a man at a railway station.

I don't know if a second season has been commissioned(hope so though) but Canal+ have gave the green light for the writer of it to make ZeroZeroZero which is about the drugs trade.Also the young kid that plays Daniello is now in a young offenders for murdering a man at a railway station.

:arry:

Say What Again

Gomorrah has been the best thing on tv this year imo.Absolutely brilliant show and for anybody that never seen it and likes mafia shows they should check it out on Sky demand as the whole series is on there.

Started it yesterday because you pointed out it was available on Sky On Demand. Already four episodes in and loving it so far.

Pretty fast paced.

Marco Polo after that.

Started it yesterday because you pointed out it was available on Sky On Demand. Already four episodes in and loving it so far.

Pretty fast paced.

Marco Polo after that.

It just keeps getting better,I am going to start Marco Polo today

Going to start something new on Netflix, currently between Lilyhammer and The Killing, which one should I go for!?

Both are good and very different from each other,heck just watch both.

They are to start filming season 2 in Febuary, with it being aired in the autum.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2049116/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

Disser Pointon

Going to start something new on Netflix, currently between Lilyhammer and The Killing, which one should I go for!?

Both are good and very different from each other,heck just watch both.

Went for the killing, first 2 episodes quite promising.

Edited by Bleedsmaroon

No, the American one I'm afraid!

The Danish one is on Netflix as well. As are The Bridge and Borgen.

Edited by Chester?

Nothing will beat Fringe for me but some of the stuff I watch/download, Supernatural, Haven, Grimm, Criminal Minds, Defiance, Under the Dome and Continuum, just saying. 

• 2 weeks later...
Say What Again

Finished Gomorrah over the holiday period. Great viewing.

Going to have a wee break from TV shows, then restart with Marco Polo. Anyone started watching it?

Finished Gomorrah over the holiday period. Great viewing.

Going to have a wee break from TV shows, then restart with Marco Polo. Anyone started watching it?

I am probably not the best to judge it but I gave it until 30 mins in of the first episode and switched it off.Far too glossy for me.

Got to ep6 its ok but stopped to finish White Collar and start Turn Washington spies.

Carl Fredrickson

Just finished both series of The Fall. Quite enjoyed it. Quite gritty if a wee bit predictable. 

Tried Marco Polo but switched off halfway through the first episode. 

Broadchurch started last night - taping them and watching them all over a few days.

On the hunt for the next show until Broadchurch ends. 

Say What Again

Reading folks thoughts on Marco Polo, I'll shelve that idea and finally get round to The Following instead.

Reading folks thoughts on Marco Polo, I'll shelve that idea and finally get round to The Following instead.

The Following isn't that great. I ditched it a few episodes into the second season.

The Following isn't that great. I ditched it a few episodes into the second season.

I ditched it halfway through the first, promised a lot but it was a bit silly.

Going to try Gomorrah, downloading first episode but think sleep needed first.

Ron Burgundy

I watched all of Marco Polo and it was pretty tame. I'd expected huge gory Mongol battles but it wasn't to be. Where are you lot watching Gommorah.? Netflix?

Say What Again

I watched all of Marco Polo and it was pretty tame. I'd expected huge gory Mongol battles but it wasn't to be. Where are you lot watching Gommorah.? Netflix?

It's in the box sets section of sky on demand/catch up/whatever it's called.

Anyone watched Parks and Recreation ? Any good ?

I tried Brooklyn Nine Nine.All these shows just seem the same thing just different settings.You are either into them or you are not I think but I didn't think much of it.

I tried Brooklyn Nine Nine.All these shows just seem the same thing just different settings.You are either into them or you are not I think but I didn't think much of it.

Cheers, was hoping it would be more The Thick of It rather than Brooklyn nine nine. Veep was ok I thought.

I like Parks and Rec. Definitely gets better from season 2 and Ron Swanson is amazing :lol:

The gf gave me season 1 of Grimm for Xmas and really enjoying it so far!

Big thanks everyone who suggested Gomorrah. Just watched ep 4 and I'm completely hooked, it's as good asThe Wire and that's about as good as it gets.

TheMaganator

Big thanks everyone who suggested Gomorrah. Just watched ep 4 and I'm completely hooked, it's as good asThe Wire and that's about as good as it gets.

Is it subtitled?

Say What Again

No you just have to guess what they are saying.

:lol:

On the subject of Gomorrah... Ciro and Pep Guardiola? The same person, aye?

78be03ef-269e-4980-92ab-b2244eed25dd_5001398344116937_gomorra_la_serie_endorseme

Hell on Wheels. I started on Season 3 and have season 2 on DVD to watch. Season 4 has just started on TCM and season 1 on ITV 4 so I'm all over the place with it. A bit like Deadwood but not quite as good.

Finished Gomorra today :( So went fishing about in Sky Anytime and found a series called Top Boy about gangs in London. I think I saw part of the second series and thought it was pretty good - downloading now, anyone seen it?

chuck berrys hairline

Started watching Brooklyn nine nine last night. Thought it was good and has potential.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series