Walking Dead returns tonight.

alwaysthereinspirit

43 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

Yeah. They seem to be able to put a bullet square between the eyes of a walker at 50 paces, but can't hit Neagan anywhere on the body from 5 yards :lol:

I was going nuts when Rick was slowly walking towards the crashed car and firing blindly at it while Negan was trapped.

I’m shouting “just run up and unload the ******* Clip into him ffs” :lol:

Loved their showdown inside the building though and wasn’t expecting the ending.

On another note. If/when Negan gets back to The Saviours, Simon is in a world of shit :pleasing:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Better call Saul

• chester copperpot

• neilnunb

alwaysthereinspirit
39 minutes ago, Cade said:

How far we've fallen that this week is now considered a "good" episode

This. Neagan drops at least two floors and doesn't even sprain an ankle. I told my wife I'm all done.

I already know I'll be back next week but it sounded good at the time.

The show does ma heid in.

3 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

This. Neagan drops at least two floors and doesn't even sprain an ankle. I told my wife I'm all done.

I already know I'll be back next week but it sounded good at the time.

The show does ma heid in.

Are you suggesting that this tv show involving zombies is unrealistic?

:P:D

Edited by iantjambo

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Are you suggesting that this tv show involving zombies is unrealistic?

:P:D

I spend at least half my time pointing out all the things they're doing wrong and the other half planning what I'll do when it really happens in my neighbourhood.

My wife as a woman goes on and on about how smelly the dead people must be walking around in all weathers without bathing. :jj_facepalm:

2 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I spend at least half my time pointing out all the things they're doing wrong and the other half planning what I'll do when it really happens in my neighbourhood.

My wife as a woman goes on and on about how smelly the dead people must be walking around in all weathers without bathing. :jj_facepalm:

Hey you’re not alone in doing that. I often find myself walking along the road and thinking “yeah, I could hole up safely in there” :lol:

I have no response to your wife’s thinking :D

Edited by iantjambo

Sawdust Caesar
23 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Hey you’re not alone in doing that. I often find myself walking along the road and thinking “yeah, I could hole up safely in there” :lol:

I have no response to your wife’s thinking :D

Do you ever find yourself in your kitchen and seeing what food you have in the fridge and cupboards and wonder how long you'd survive in the ZA? If there was still power and running water I reckon I could hole up at home for about 3 weeks, as long as I rationed the food to eat the minimum amount required to survive each day.

As mentioned, bit of a farce the Rick/Negan square go’s.

How many chances does a former “polismin”, firearm trained and master zombie killer need to bump off an enemy?  That’s fiction for ye.

The problem is that TWD refuses to kill off main cast members except for either "mid-season" finales (what a load of pish that is by the way) or the final episode of the season.

Knowing this, it robs every scene of tension as plot armour protects the main cast, especially Rick and Negan.

Say What Again
9 hours ago, Cade said:

Knowing this, it robs every scene of tension as plot armour protects the main cast, especially Rick and Negan.

Bang on the money.

What are meant to be tense, nervous situations, will he / won't he survive, are completely lost as you know there's not a chance in hell the character is going to die.

No shock factor or twists you didn't see coming, that shows like Game of Thrones in particular, have mastered. 

18 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

Bang on the money.

What are meant to be tense, nervous situations, will he / won't he survive, are completely lost as you know there's not a chance in hell the character is going to die.

No shock factor or twists you didn't see coming, that shows like Game of Thrones in particular, have mastered. 

To be fair, I wasn’t expecting Negan to be captured by Jadis.

scott herbertson
5 hours ago, iantjambo said:

To be fair, I wasn’t expecting Negan to be captured by Jadis.

Do you think she will kill him straight away?

Or maybe let him escape instead

I know which my money is on...

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, scottish_chicP said:

I haven't watched any this half of the season. Is it worth it?

It's shit but I'm watching it to the end

3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Do you think she will kill him straight away?

Or maybe let him escape instead

I know which my money is on...

Jadis won’t be the one who kills him but I don’t think she’ll let him escape. Therefore we don’t know what will happen next.

My post was merely to point out that there can still be surprises in the show as the thought of him being captured by Jadis hadn’t entered my mind. 

She’ll obviously be pissed off as she’ll have thought it was Negan who ordered the massacre of all her people. 

We don’t know if he’ll escape or manage to convince her that Simon went against his orders.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Jadis won’t be the one who kills him but I don’t think she’ll let him escape. Therefore we don’t know what will happen next.

My post was merely to point out that there can still be surprises in the show as the thought of him being captured by Jadis hadn’t entered my mind. 

She’ll obviously be pissed off as she’ll have thought it was Negan who ordered the massacre of all her people. 

We don’t know if he’ll escape or manage to convince her that Simon went against his orders.

I appreciate what you were saying - I was surprised as well that Jadis had him. My post was a bit tongue in cheek, but I do think the series is suffering s bit from predictability in some of its plot lines . I do find the Jadis lot a bit unbelievable too.

my guess would be that she tries to use him I;some way but it backfires.

I’d like to see them give us a surprise before the final episode. There are plenty of middling characters who could be sacrificed , and I’d include Jadis in that.

on the subject of annoyingly unrealistic aspects (I know none of it’s realistic of course!) what gets my goat is these zombies they have tied up for months (years) without feeding them - they are using energy so they need to be eating something unless they have developed photosynthesis for zombies ....

3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I appreciate what you were saying - I was surprised as well that Jadis had him. My post was a bit tongue in cheek, but I do think the series is suffering s bit from predictability in some of its plot lines . I do find the Jadis lot a bit unbelievable too.

I’d like to see them give us a surprise before the final episode. There are plenty of middling characters who could be sacrificed , and I’d include Jadis in that.

on the subject of annoyingly unrealistic aspects (I know none of it’s realistic of course!) what gets my goat is these zombies they have tied up for months (years) without feeding them - they are using energy so they need to be eating something unless they have developed photosynthesis for zombies ....

Fair enough bud :thumb:

I’m wondering if he’ll manage to convince her that Simon acted out with his orders and after he takes care of him, he’ll make Jadis a lieutenant within the saviours.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Fair enough bud :thumb:

I’m wondering if he’ll manage to convince her that Simon acted out with his orders and after he takes care of him, he’ll make Jadis a lieutenant within the saviours.

Possible.

if I was the actor playing Simon I’d certainly be checking Stage magazines vacancy column and buzzing my agent....

Just now, scott herbertson said:

Possible.

if I was the actor playing Simon I’d certainly be checking Stage magazines vacancy column and buzzing my agent....

Oh aye, Simon is deep doodoo when Negan inevitably gets back to The Saviours. He’s getting more than the iron that’s for sure.

The Rick v Negan plotline is still dragging on?  :rofl:

No idea how any of you have managed to stick with it. The real survivors in The Walking Dead are the audience.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

The Rick v Negan plotline is still dragging on?  :rofl:

No idea how any of you have managed to stick with it. The real survivors in The Walking Dead are the audience.

Shut up. Shut up. I, unlike you will not be regretting watching it when the Zombieapocalypse occurs.

I've learned so much from the shows live feed I'll be ready. Good luck to you. Don't come knocking on my prison door. :tongue:

scott herbertson
26 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Shut up. Shut up. I, unlike you will not be regretting watching it when the Zombieapocalypse occurs.

I've learned so much from the shows live feed I'll be ready. Good luck to you. Don't come knocking on my prison door. :tongue:

Make sure when when it does come you are one of the leading characters -you just need to amble past Zombies shoving them while you fight the real bad guy humans 

alwaysthereinspirit
10 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Make sure when when it does come you are one of the leading characters -you just need to amble past Zombies shoving them while you fight the real bad guy humans 

I hate it when one week the Zombies are slow as all **** and the next week they move like Usain Bolt. For gods sake make up my mind.

The fight scene Sunday in that enclosed space was bad.

scott herbertson
7 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I hate it when one week the Zombies are slow as all **** and the next week they move like Usain Bolt. For gods sake make up my mind.

The fight scene Sunday in that enclosed space was bad.

I think there's two varieties . Rick and Negan were lucky to 'drop in' on the slow motion variety.

Edited by scott herbertson

Samuel Camazzola

For those who are familiar with the comics, what elements of the plot from this season align with the comics? 

7 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Think the Zombies not having to eat was explained a few seasons back when rick and his group made it to that laboratory place which was eventually blew up. The scientist running it explained that the walkers burn/metabolize energy at a far slower rate and hence they can go without eating far longer than normal. 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

For those who are familiar with the comics, what elements of the plot from this season align with the comics? 

Off the top off my head, a wee bit. The bombing of Alexandria happens in the comic, Dwight switching sides, Shiva dying, Eugene making bullets and Gregory being a backstabbing d*ick and Maggie taking charge spring to mind but a lot of the other stuff is just padding out the story I think til the finale. Also, the first episode where the Saviours are blocked in with Walkers by Rick and co is very close to the Comics IIRC. Stuff like the Scavengers and Simon, (along with an obvious death) don't exist in the Comics at all.

scott herbertson
17 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think the Zombies not having to eat was explained a few seasons back when rick and his group made it to that laboratory place which was eventually blew up. The scientist running it explained that the walkers burn/metabolize energy at a far slower rate and hence they can go without eating far longer than normal. 

I shouldn’t bite (sic) but how come they have gory guts insides after a year. Have they developed camel pouches for water retention too?

its ridiculous to look for logic but I can’t help myself...

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, AlimShoot said:

Off the top off my head, a wee bit. The bombing of Alexandria happens in the comic, Dwight switching sides, Shiva dying, Eugene making bullets and Gregory being a backstabbing d*ick and Maggie taking charge spring to mind but a lot of the other stuff is just padding out the story I think til the finale. Also, the first episode where the Saviours are blocked in with Walkers by Rick and co is very close to the Comics IIRC. Stuff like the Scavengers and Simon, (along with an obvious death) don't exist in the Comics at all.

Cheers. 

In the comics, at what stage do The Whisperers get introduced? Also is Heath a character in the comics? His disappearance a couple of seasons back left it open for a return (although the actor went away to film 24 Legacy). 

The Internet
43 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Cheers. 

In the comics, at what stage do The Whisperers get introduced? Also is Heath a character in the comics? His disappearance a couple of seasons back left it open for a return (although the actor went away to film 24 Legacy). 

Will spoiler this since it's about future stuff. 

Spoiler

Whisperers are in right after Negan but there is a big jump in time. Those 'flash forwards' with old man Rick and his cane aren't just dreams if they follow the comic. And yeah Heath is a big-ish character in the comic. I expect him to come back. 

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Will spoiler this since it's about future stuff. 

Reveal hidden contents

Whisperers are in right after Negan but there is a big jump in time. Those 'flash forwards' with old man Rick and his cane aren't just dreams if they follow the comic. And yeah Heath is a big-ish character in the comic. I expect him to come back. 

:thumbsup: - Cheers for that! 

Better call Saul
50 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Best episode of the season so far imo. Good zombie action.

Agreed.. Interesting twist by infecting them so to turn later. 

scott herbertson
7 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Yes, agreed, plot twists and zombies with intent to kill.enjoyable episode

12 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I agree. It seems like the zombies have been nothing more than a hindrance in the last couple of seasons, so it was refreshing to see them being a threat again.

Say What Again

Simon's turn to be unhittable at point blank range tonight :)

Agree it was good to see a bit more zombie action.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Why is it that every child in the history of The Walking Dead has been a stupid wee dick that gets people killed?

"I wonder if this key I just happened to have will open this padlock"

A key that opens a paddock with open fencing that I could never possibly shoot bullets through. Oh the dilemmas I face as a young idiot.

Not bad this week either.

Lots of questions to be answered. Good action. 

Spoiler

What's the connection with the Garbage Pail Kids and the helicopter people? Who did Negan pick up at the roadside (it looked like a wee short person whoever it is)? Are Daryl/Rosita actually going to kill Eugene? What kind of punishment is Negan going to hand down to Simon? Is Michonne's dreadlock wig going to remain the worst fake hair-piece in TV history?
It was also nice to see Polyanna Mackintosh actually acting instead of just speaking single words from under that ludicrous fringe.

Edited by Cade

Better call Saul

I didn't bother to watch as headed to my bed early.. I can picture how the episode is going to go so I Won't be bothering now after reading the past few posts.. SAKE. 

Think it has improved dramatically. The walker being a major part in the show rather than so many other side show stories has helped. Maybe the producers have listened to the fans. 

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think it has improved dramatically. The walker being a major part in the show rather than so many other side show stories has helped. Maybe the producers have listened to the fans. 

I agree, the last three episodes have been a big improvement, although the bar had been lowered considerably.  The dialogue is still mainly poor but you can get away with that if it delivers on the action.

Mr Brightside
14 hours ago, Cade said:

Not bad this week either.

Lots of questions to be answered. Good action. 

Reveal hidden contents

What's the connection with the Garbage Pail Kids and the helicopter people? Who did Negan pick up at the roadside (it looked like a wee short person whoever it is)? Are Daryl/Rosita actually going to kill Eugene? What kind of punishment is Negan going to hand down to Simon? Is Michonne's dreadlock wig going to remain the worst fake hair-piece in TV history?
It was also nice to see Polyanna Mackintosh actually acting instead of just speaking single words from under that ludicrous fringe.

Not sure how to do spoiler tags but the episode has been aired, so not giving anything away.

Interested to find out who is flying the helicopter.

I think Negan picked up Gregory in the car. If it was Simon or Dwight he wouldn’t have asked the guards to keep his arrival quiet as he wants to surprise both of them.

1 hour ago, Mr Brightside said:

Not sure how to do spoiler tags but the episode has been aired, so not giving anything away.

I think Negan picked up Gregory in the car. If it was Simon or Dwight he wouldn’t have asked the guards to keep his arrival quiet as he wants to surprise both of them.

I assumed he'd picked up Sherry, Dwight's ex. 

Spoiler

Also, the helicopter, I think, is from the Commonwealth, as was the woman who appeared at Hilltop the other week. There's theories going around that Jadis is also from there. The Commonwealth is basically a city of 50,000 survivors. If it sticks to the comics, Michonne's daughter is alive there.

Sawdust Caesar
4 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

I was thinking it was barcode neck tattoo lassie, the one that knows Dwight has changed sides, as she wasn't killed in that skirmish.

alwaysthereinspirit

So what did we learn from the last episode?

Neagan is kinda like a real human. Has feelings and is a wee bit wimpy.

Rick is an absolute scum bag who's word means $#!t.

Morgan is an absolute nut job, who needs some serious psychiatric help.

Carol has never gotten over her daughters death. (still the best scene of the show)

Jesus is missing again.

Eugene is in deep doody.

Dwight better not ever meet Daryl.

Second half of this season has been a massive improvement.

I also think it was Gregory that Negan picked up.

I can’t wait to see that prick Simons face when Negan walks in. Hope he gets the iron and then Lucille.