Game of Thrones Season 4

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Good grief just how good an actor is Peter Dinklage. Honestly any scenes between him and Charles Dance are just incredible.

I really hope his part in X-Men: Days of Future Past is decent.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tartofmidlothian

Good grief just how good an actor is Peter Dinklage. Honestly any scenes between him and Charles Dance are just incredible.

Heard his real accent?

Google him, you'll be surprised. Think he was on Letterman recently.

Just watched it for a second time.

First time in a while I have appreciated a piece of acting from an actor. It was almost as if you could feel the heat pulsing from him in the dock. Really enjoyable episode, can't wait for next week now.

alwaysthereinspirit

Lets say on the off chance I was in a court of law and decided to plead guilty but with a stipulation that I could be freed by having a fight to the death with someone.

Who would I fight?

ArcticJambo

Lets say on the off chance I was in a court of law and decided to plead guilty but with a stipulation that I could be freed by having a fight to the death with someone.

Who would I fight?

... is there who does he fight ... his accuser?

Edit: jeesus ...

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

... is there who does he fight ... his accuser?

Edit: jeesus ...

If you remember from his trial in the Eyrie in s1, the crown and the accused may both choose champions.

Funniest thing from last nights episode was Tywin asking Mace Tyrell to fetch his quill and paper like a good Lord :lol:

If you remember from his trial in the Eyrie in s1, the crown and the accused may both choose champions.

Funniest thing from last nights episode was Tywin asking Mace Tyrell to fetch his quill and paper like a good Lord :lol:

Reckon Jaime will be picked by one side or the other.

Jaime v Bronn? ...or Tywin...?

Jaime's life or Tyrion's perhaps.

Reckon Jaime will be picked by one side or the other.

Jaime v Bronn? ...or Tywin...?

Jaime's life or Tyrion's perhaps.

jaime, as a member of the kings guard, can not be picked

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

he cant be picked for tyrion but could in theory be picked by the crown but being one handed and tyrions brother not likely

book spoiler -dont open if you havent read as far as the end of Storm of Swords

I take it next episode will be Tyrion trying to get Bronn and failing then Oberyn offering to champion him, episode 8 will be the Oberyn v Mountain fight and episode 9 will end with Tyrion finding out Tywin doesnt shit gold

That's that idea out the window then. :lol:

vegas-voss

Outstanding episode outstanding from Dinklage I think you would find it hard to find a better actor on the planet right now than him.

ArcticJambo

Thanks Steve. He should pick that cool bisexual prince who's sitting on the bench, as his man. Jaimie L would be the make-it-interesting choice obviously.

InternationalHearts

I foolishly took my wifes recommendation and started watching GOT around March. Had to watch all episodes to catch up in time for S4.

Last weeks was gash I thought, Sunday's was brilliant.

I had to know what happens so looked up spoilers online, won't ruin it for all the posters but it gets better it seems from now until season end!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

:spoton:

Really enjoyed this week's episode. Things are coming together nicely.

:spoton:

Really enjoyed this week's episode. Things are coming together nicely.

Me too. I can't wait till next week to see what the big, burnt-face guy and the wee laddie are up to. Hopefully see some of the night watchmen as well.

BoJack Horseman

Me too. I can't wait till next week to see what the big, burnt-face guy and the wee laddie are up to. Hopefully see some of the night watchmen as well.

I'm more interested in the lad that got his nob cut off and his sister that's on the way to save him with a small army. Still not a peep about them. Tired of waiting.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I'm more interested in the lad that got his nob cut off and his sister that's on the way to save him with a small army. Still not a peep about them. Tired of waiting.

wheres king justin beiber he hasnt been about for a few weeks?

wheres king justin beiber he hasnt been about for a few weeks?

i really liked the big Klingon dude that was seeing the wee blonde bursd with the funny eyebrows. No seen them for quite a while

InternationalHearts

You not seen last weeks episode?

EDIT - I geddit now, whoosh.

Does that Bannister Selfie guy from the pig hunt come into the story again?

Caspian Primrose

Does that Bannister Selfie guy from the pig hunt come into the story again?

scottish_chicP

Just caught up with it. Brilliant scene at the end!

BoJack Horseman

I'm buzzing for this episode. Absolutely buzzing. Been waiting for this to pan out for quite some time.

Book spoiler:

Think the end of this coming episode is the only time I've physically celebrated an event in the books. :jjyay:

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Book spoiler:

Think the end of this coming episode is the only time I've physically celebrated an event in the books. :jjyay:

Book spoiler

Crossbow in the privy? Would have thought they'd drag that out to ep 9

These spoilers still show up when you hover over the thread title and they're the last post :veryangry2:

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

These spoilers still show up when you hover over the thread title and they're the last post :veryangry2:

Really? that kind defeats the purpose, take it up with the Mods I suppose?

in any event I try (not always) to keep it a bit cryptic even in a spoiler tag just in case someone opens it by accident

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

:pleasing:

slow build and a lot of monologues but good episode

book spoil

How's Littlefinger going to explain that to the Lords of the Vale i.e. no singer in the room to put blame on?

scottish_chicP
great episode, why does it have to be two weeks till the next episode :(

Aaw is it? :(

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I am gutted having to wait two weeks for the next episode

:sob:

Bloody Yanks and their holidays

The People's Chimp

great episode, why does it have to be two weeks till the next episode :(

FFS. If I'd known that would have kept this one in supply.

That was superb. Last week's acting masterclass from Dinklage was incredible, but things moved along nicely and the pace has picked up a little. So many great scenes, hard to see past the moon door though. A well deserved death which came with a healthy side of schadenfreude. Lovely stuff.

That Rachel Parris that presents Thronecast is bang tidy. :pinilla:

She's utterly nippy though. As is the guy.

It's weird they've replaced old presenters with similiar annoying types.

I still watch it for the info and guests but the host are chronic

jamboinglasgow

She's utterly nippy though. As is the guy.

It's weird they've replaced old presenters with similiar annoying types.

I still watch it for the info and guests but the host are chronic

I much prefer her to the guy as she actually sounds like she knows some things about the show.

They had Jonathon Ross on a few weeks ago and he was grating, he seems to want to be seen as the big fan of anything slightly geeky but his chat is awful.

What i want to know is, how will little finger get away with it. In the book, there was the musician to blame. Mind you, i would have pushed her without a second thought too

I much prefer her to the guy as she actually sounds like she knows some things about the show.

They had Jonathon Ross on a few weeks ago and he was grating, he seems to want to be seen as the big fan of anything slightly geeky but his chat is awful.

Yeah I find her quite knowledgeable and something pleasing about how openly she talks about the 'adult' themes of the show. Very refreshing.

Chad Sexington

Prince Oberyn. :wub:

Cracking episode.

Will be interesting to see how Littlefinger smarms his way out of this one. :)

BoJack Horseman

I thought the fight would be this week. Now I've got to wait 2 weeks :(. Cracking episode though. So much to happen in the next 3 episodes. Absolute love the pacing.

Archived