Game of Thrones Season 4

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

BoJack Horseman

He's shit in this. Over acts it ridiculously and tries to make it too obviously sinister for me.

Agree with this. There's too much going on with his mouth when he's doing accents. He was the same in The Wire.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chad Sexington

Bit of Jack Gleeson for anyone who's interested.

This is the Q&A after a very dry speech he made at he the Oxford Union.

He's an intellectual who's packed in acting to go back to studying.

Very interesting young man.

alwaysthereinspirit

22 mins till tonight's episode. Hopefully continues on the same vein as the first 3 episodes.

Chad Sexington

Another quality episode. Good to see the white walkers make an appearance. It's easy to forget about them but they are easily the most dangerous mofos out there.

alwaysthereinspirit

Another quality episode. Good to see the white walkers make an appearance. It's easy to forget about them but they are easily the most dangerous mofos out there.

That horse.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Awesome episode

I'm glad to see they're deviating from the books a bit and making it more fast paced

Jon knowing about Bran still being alive and being North

Time with The Mutineers

Bran et al hostage of the mutineers

Locke showing up in the Watch

Ghost and Summer

Podrick going with Brienne at this stage

Jaime and Tyrion having some screen time ("the Kingslayer Brothers" :lol:)

and an extended scene with WhiteWalkers

:pleasing:

book spoiler

would it be too much to ask as well for Dany to only spend a couple episodes in Mereen then get on the back of Drogo and head to Westeros? :lol:

ps are they ever gonna do the reveal about Jorah spying on Dany in s1 and s2 and her exiling him? I realise it tied into the reveal of Selmy in the books and they skipped right past the whitebeard thing on the show (wouldnt have worked as it did in the books) but I assume it will happen at one point but perhaps it wont be Selmy who does the reveal

Awesome episode

I'm glad to see they're deviating from the books a bit and making it more fast paced

I haven't read the books- are they really slower than the TV series? **** me.

Game of Thrones is becoming a dull, overpopulated, overly complicated, misery-fest.

I agree, to an extent. I find it pretty confusing at times, and am beginning to care less and less...still good entertainment, mind.

Private Hudson

I agree, to an extent. I find it pretty confusing at times, and am beginning to care less and less...still good entertainment, mind.

There used to be marked shifts in tone between scenes (I can remember actually laughing at some good lines) but lately it just seems to me to be different sets of familiar characters being tormented by vaguely recognisable 'bad guys' from about two series ago.

So what's happening with the lad that got his knob lopped off and his sister was sailing to rescue him with a small army? Also, nothing about the wee lass wi that big lad with the burnt face (cant remember the names)

BoJack Horseman

So what's happening with the lad that got his knob lopped off and his sister was sailing to rescue him with a small army? Also, nothing about the wee lass wi that big lad with the burnt face (cant remember the names)

All of those characters have been touched on in the last few episodes.

I really can't see how casual viewers can follow what's happening now. If you don't know the main characters names then what's the point on watching? The occasional tit?

Stuart McNeill
How old is the new king meant to be?

Approximately 12 according to the wiki.

I'm starting to read the books but I see where people complain about the characters.

There is so many and knowing there names and background is difficult.

scottish_chicP

I'm starting to read the books but I see where people complain about the characters.

It does take a lot to keep up with everything. Some of the storylines are just creepy.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

In the books I think he's only about 9, but they've had to "age-up" like a lot of characters to make storylines less inappropriate, and the actor who plays him is 16/17

I agree with RHS it must be difficult for non book readers to keep up, characters like LittleFinger, Lysa, Selmy dhave had huge gaps without appearing. Its not like in the books there arent gaps too but at least people mention them regularly I dont think Ser Barristan was mentioned at all between throwing his sword at Joffrey and turning up in Astapor on the show

BoJack Horseman

In the books I think he's only about 9, but they've had to "age-up" like a lot of characters to make storylines less inappropriate, and the actor who plays him is 16/17

I agree with RHS it must be difficult for non book readers to keep up, characters like LittleFinger, Lysa, Selmy dhave had huge gaps without appearing. Its not like in the books there arent gaps too but at least people mention them regularly I dont think Ser Barristan was mentioned at all between throwing his sword at Joffrey and turning up in Astapor on the show

I'd hazard about 70% of show-only people don't even know they're the same guy.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

If non-book show fans struggle with remembering characters always worth having a browse on gameofthrones.wikia.com

The pages for characters etc will only be for the show (theres a separate Song of ice and Fire wiki for the books) so if you're upto date there wont be any spoilers

I mind when i watched season 1 before I read the books and struggling to remember everyone from episode to episode and thats when you only had Kings Landing, Winterfell, the Wall and the Targaryens in East (and little bit of Eyrie/Kingsroad) and about 10-15 regular characters.

Now... :lol:

Seen a few complaints about last night's episode in particular - that the sheer number of characters mean that the episode felt "bitty" - someone compared it to Lost in that respect. Here's a wee bit about X character, then a wee bit about Y, then - oh lord, a boring bit with Bran sitting in the woods.

I can see the writer of the episode tried to theme the first half with focus on Jaime (that badly shot scene - I understand it was meant to feel a mix of resistance/consent and not like Jamie forcing himself on Cersei, last week - was a mis-step considering how sympathetic the character has become) and then the focus on the wall and beyond, but I understand the complaints. I assume the show is too involving/expensive to do a full season to give room for the plot.

Intrigued to find out what Locke is doing at the wall, he's still working for Bolton?

All of those characters have been touched on in the last few episodes.

I really can't see how casual viewers can follow what's happening now. If you don't know the main characters names then what's the point on watching? The occasional tit?

Wind yer neck in! What is it? You a GoT snob or what? Speed watched the lot in 2 days canny mind all the names!

Get over yourself....occasional tit!!!

Tommy Wiseau

Wind yer neck in! What is it? You a GoT snob or what? Speed watched the lot in 2 days canny mind all the names!

I agree, mate. Definitely Roger who needs to wind his neck in.

BoJack Horseman

There's only been 4 episodes. All the characters you mentioned have been in at least one of those 4 episodes, yet you seem to think they've been overlooked?

Isaac Clarke

:cornette:

Superb episode the night. Best kill scene yet.

And I only had to google one person's name to remind myself who the **** someone was talking about...

ArcticJambo

And I only had to google one person's name to remind myself who the **** someone was talking about...

Just starting now ... west coast HBO for me as daughter stayed up to watch Kung Fu Panda 2. Looking forward to this.

the stone rose

Bank holiday morning here. Getting up as neighbour has got the power tools out. Think I'll watch the new episode just now to make up for missing out on my lie in.

Chad Sexington

This series continues to bubble along nicely.

Couple of great kills at the end as well.

:jjyay:

alwaysthereinspirit

"I only have one more name from my to die list and then we can sleep"

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Great episode

the bran/jon almost reunion played out exactly as predicted

Private Hudson

Ha! Beat me to it! That was much better and I felt on more familiar ground for most of it. Still had to hit the Game of Thrones wiki site again though...

BoJack Horseman

Great episode. Love the pace they're going at.

Tommy Wiseau

Sansa is the character I'm most invested in at this point - her development is absolutely superbly written and contrasts perfectly with the more obvious Arya/Jon arcs. That scene with Lysa was tremendous.

Brienne and Pod is going to be a buddy road movie for the ages as well :lol:

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Did Sky Atlantic have the "previously on GoT" ? HBO did and it was great, some scenes from Cat and Ned from the pilot with Lysas letter, helps

People remember who the Aryyns were and the reveal during the episode as to who has essentially been behind the catalysts to the entire show

Only thing about previously things is they can spoil what's going to happen in the episode

(Episode,not book spoiler)

Ie bran warging into Hodor was an obvious outcome

People with short attention spans should really watch the first 3 series over again.

Im always immersed in anything I watch and don't miss much in any film or TV show. That said, I definitely benefited from watching the first 3 series again before the 4th started.

I've never done that with any other series and I thought it would drag but I enjoyed it just as much as the first time.

"Speed watched it"

:lol:

What on fast forward or at the same speed as everyone else? Surely watching it all in a short space would decrease the chances of missing anything?

If non-book show fans struggle with remembering characters always worth having a browse on gameofthrones.wikia.com

The pages for characters etc will only be for the show (theres a separate Song of ice and Fire wiki for the books) so if you're upto date there wont be any spoilers

I mind when i watched season 1 before I read the books and struggling to remember everyone from episode to episode and thats when you only had Kings Landing, Winterfell, the Wall and the Targaryens in East (and little bit of Eyrie/Kingsroad) and about 10-15 regular characters.

Now... :lol:

Thanks for that wikia page.. i managed to i think get to grips with all the characters that i didn't know..

It would have been more helpful though if the same actors had played the same characters throughout the show..

Also i wish I had read it earlier because some of the characters I have been looking for were apparently dead before the tv program time started..

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Thanks for that wikia page.. i managed to i think get to grips with all the characters that i didn't know..

It would have been more helpful though if the same actors had played the same characters throughout the show..

Also i wish I had read it earlier because some of the characters I have been looking for were apparently dead before the tv program time started..

Its a problem but sometimes one that cant be gotten around i.e. because characters drift in and out they cant be tied down on contracts for however many seasons etc. The Mountain is going to be played by a 3rd different actor this season :lol:

BoJack Horseman

Anyone ken what's happening with the big burnt face bloke? Still not seen anything about him. Or the wee lassie he's with.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Anyone ken what's happening with the big burnt face bloke? Still not seen anything about him. Or the wee lassie he's with.

The next honest trailer should use those descriptions along with The Sneaky Guy, the Bald Sneak Guy, Those Gay Dudes

I was genuinely just having a giggle to myself about that quote before I opened this thread up again. Brilliant.

I think you mean Doug.

vegas-voss

Little Finger you just don't know what is coming next from this guy he is playing absolutely anybody he comes across,he basically even tells them he is doing it as well bit still they fall into every game he plays.He truely is playing The Game Of Thrones.

Isaac Clarke

Little Finger you just don't know what is coming next from this guy he is playing absolutely anybody he comes across,he basically even tells them he is doing it as well bit still they fall into every game he plays.He truely is playing The Game Of Thrones.

I'd love it if he ends up on the Iron Throne.

Archived