Game of Thrones Season 4

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scottish_chicP

I'm on holiday for the last one! Need to wait til the Thurs. I bet someone ruins it for me :(

Terry Tate

W9JzplM.gif

What a man. Been absolutely delighted how well Oberyn has been portrayed, especially compared to Daario.

I'm not looking forward to the next episode :sob: :sob: :sob:

Mr Brightside

W9JzplM.gif

What a man. Been absolutely delighted how well Oberyn has been portrayed, especially compared to Daario.

I'm not looking forward to the next episode :sob: :sob: :sob:

Say if it's a book spoiler!

Terry Tate

Say if it's a book spoiler!

Apologies, I'd assumed that it goes without saying that anything marked as spoiler on this thread would be a no go if you weren't a book reader.

BoJack Horseman

Oberyn is probably my favourite bit of casting. Daario is horrendous. Absolutely no chemistry at all.

Oberyn is probably my favourite bit of casting. Daario is horrendous. Absolutely no chemistry at all.

Totally agree, very poor casting/character development.

Totally agree, very poor casting/character development.

Possibly due to change of actor?

Chad Sexington

Agree the Daario casting/storyline has been poor.

Having said that, this Daario is an improvement on the last one.

He looked like a cheesy male stripper and he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.

Agree the Daario casting/storyline has been poor.

Having said that, this Daario is an improvement on the last one.

He looked like a cheesy male stripper and he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.

True. He was a smarmy looking shit.

Gutted about the info in the spoiler. Tremendous character. I've given up trying not too open the spoilers. Started reading the books anyway so I'll be caught up soon.

Possibly due to change of actor?

Dunno, think both have been poor tbh. The new one is better but not much. Just seems a bit wooden. Pictured him being much more clean cut and better looking when I read the book judging by the way he seduced Dany but neither actor fits that bill.

To be honest actually think the whole Dany storyline has stalled in the last two books and it's a bit boring. Hope George gets her back on track in the new book.

The People's Chimp

Gutted about the info in the spoiler. Tremendous character. I've given up trying not too open the spoilers. Started reading the books anyway so I'll be caught up soon.

:cornette:

BoJack Horseman

Easily my favourite scene of the whole series.

Quite possibly my favourite of any series. I had to hold myself back from doing a Tom Cruise on the couch. Tremendous actors.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4eH46P-SoU

I agree and would go so far to say that Peter Dinklage's acting possibly surpassed his trial last week

The initial joking with Jaime and thinking he'd found a way to slip out of his predicament, then Bronn as a back up... as the show went on his mask slipped as Jaime and bronn both turned him down... and Oberyn's story re the visit to Casterly Rock is what tipped him as it made him realise the depth of Cersei's hatred of him from the moment he was born. The look of relief on his face when Oberyn offered to champion him was exceptionally done

Dinklage's acting and the show's scoring made a good couple of chapters in the book into great tv scenes

BoJack Horseman

I agree and would go so far to say that Peter Dinklage's acting possibly surpassed his trial last week

The initial joking with Jaime and thinking he'd found a way to slip out of his predicament, then Bronn as a back up... as the show went on his mask slipped as Jaime and bronn both turned him down... and Oberyn's story re the visit to Casterly Rock is what tipped him as it made him realise the depth of Cersei's hatred of him from the moment he was born. The look of relief on his face when Oberyn offered to champion him was exceptionally done

Dinklage's acting and the show's scoring made a good couple of chapters in the book into great tv scenes

I completely agree with that, but to me it's all about Pedro Pascal in that scene. I don't think it would be nearly as powerful without his stunning delivery. I've genuinely never been more captivated by a 2 minute monologue in my life. Tyrion's reaction to it all was superb. It just has everything.

Ocean of maroon

Just 2 episodes in and some wind-up merchant tells me everything he's learnt from the books, looks like this show is a write off for me.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

BoJack Horseman

Just 2 episodes in and some wind-up merchant tells me everything he's learnt from the books, looks like this show is a write off for me.

Why? Think it's a write off for me because I've read all the books? Nope. It's still a cracking show, with or without spoilers.

Ocean of maroon

Why? Think it's a write off for me because I've read all the books? Nope. It's still a cracking show, with or without spoilers.

Tried to soldier on but just doesn't work for me. I can see why you would though!

BoJack Horseman

Tried to soldier on but just doesn't work for me. I can see why you would though!

So so much happens over the course of the story that I just can't believe he told you that much as to spoil the whole thing. You must have let him go on for hours.

Ocean of maroon

So so much happens over the course of the story that I just can't believe he told you that much as to spoil the whole thing. You must have let him go on for hours.

Drip fed me it over the course of a few weeks, stays with you longer that way I'd say.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Drip fed me it over the course of a few weeks, stays with you longer that way I'd say.

he sounds like a right dick this pal of yours :lol:

InternationalHearts

Gutted it's no oan this weekend.

I read the books, been completely surprised with what has entailed in the TV series.

I believe I know what happens in the last episode of this series, it has to, and it's unbelievable and sets up series 5 perfectly.

PortyJambo

I completely agree with that, but to me it's all about Pedro Pascal in that scene. I don't think it would be nearly as powerful without his stunning delivery. I've genuinely never been more captivated by a 2 minute monologue in my life. Tyrion's reaction to it all was superb. It just has everything.

I read a lot of people complaining about Pedro Pascal being cast as Oberyn, didn't match their perception of him for some reason (it's been so long since I read book 3 that I can't even remember him!), but he's been the standout cast addition to me this season. There's been some great actors in the show to date, eg, Dance, Dinklage, Rigg, amongst many others, and for someone who's unknown (to me) to come in and match them shows what a great job he's doing.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I read a lot of people complaining about Pedro Pascal being cast as Oberyn, didn't match their perception of him for some reason (it's been so long since I read book 3 that I can't even remember him!), but he's been the standout cast addition to me this season. There's been some great actors in the show to date, eg, Dance, Dinklage, Rigg, amongst many others, and for someone who's unknown (to me) to come in and match them shows what a great job he's doing.

I think there was a bit of negative reaction re the casting because some thought from the books he was black and it was a missed opportunity to have a leading black character in a predominantly white actor show. Storm in a teacup if you ask me, and not something we would really notice whereas Americans do

I only started reading the books early last year, and my recollection of prince oberyn fits the he is played on the shows perfectly. probably the most realistically cast part.

a for some people thinking he should have been black? who cares what colour he is, apart from some racist. in my humble opinion,the actor fits the part perfectly(slight man crush)

Blackie the Cat

Would appreciate if anyone has a link where I can watch season 4 from the begging? I only have access to sky go and have watched season 1, 2 and 3 over the last couple of months off the sky tv box set. Sky catch up starts at ep4 so need ep1, 2, 3 minimum.

heres another http://www.free-tv-v...eason_4.html#e2

p.s Mondays are pish without GoT, bank hol or not.

Aye, they are.

Spent the last 3 days sorting through my possessions and thoroughly cleaning all outdoor gear in preparation for packing. Could do with some GoT escapism.

Mondays are not the same without Game of Thrones!! I'm ashamed to say I cracked and asked my old boy for a few plot lines (he's read the books) Couldn't wait another week!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Its been a long 2 weeks, cannae wait to catch this later :pleasing:

the Red Viper vs the Mountain That Rides :yas:

jamboinglasgow

How long does it normally take to go on sky go to rewatch it, due to work I wont be able to watch it on sky from 9pm.

Pans Jambo

How long does it normally take to go on sky go to rewatch it, due to work I wont be able to watch it on sky from 9pm.

The whole series thus far is on Cartoon HD. Just watched ep8. Horrific ending!!!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

the other week my sky was playing up and I started watching it on sky go at 9.30ish, i.e. it was available to watch whilst it was being shown on tv :thumbsup:

Happiness to despair in about 20 seconds..Horrific and tremendous at the same time..

Stuart McNeill

That ending was quite brutal and I'm really gutted it happened though.

Now only six more days to go.

Craig Gordons Gloves

That ending was quite brutal and I'm really gutted it happened though.

Now only six more days to go.

As am I. I was speechless for the entire credits last night after that ending.

Archived