Game of Thrones Season 4

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

scottish_chicP

I don't have Sky Atlantic so my mate puts it on disc for me. Dying to see it but need to wait til tomorrow night :(

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PortyJambo

I read the first 3 books or so years ago, so knew most of the earlier season surprises. This episode was one of the first that I couldn't recall what was going to happen. And I loved finally getting a GoT surprise, but...

:strewth:

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

They did the battle good justice but was a shame there wasn't as much build up but I suppose they had to catch up with everyone else after it being very Kings landing focused last week.

2 more to go :sob:

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Oberyn

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19774-1398204338-8.gif

That ***** who gave it away last week softened the blow a wee bit, but damn man.

BoJack Horseman

Been looking forward to that scene for coming on a year. Pretty anticlimactic.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

wall battle next week :pleasing:

book spoiler

tyrion tywin showdown maybe kept until ep 10?

wall battle next week :pleasing:

book spoiler

tyrion tywin showdown maybe kept until ep 10?

Think it will be next week. They always make episode 9 the most dramatic episode and episode 10 where everything calms down again.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

ps Grey Worm and Missandei story seems completely pointless not as if they need to fill screen time

having said that I've no objection to more scenes of her bathing

ps Grey Worm and Missandei story seems completely pointless not as if they need to fill screen time

Definitely wasn't 'pointless', in fact I think they made a couple of very fine points. :)

What fight?

This was the greatest scene this week haha

Sooperstar

That was some finish to that episode. Mental.

Could see it coming a mile off though.

jamboinglasgow

Oberyn

That ***** who gave it away last week softened the blow a wee bit, but damn man.

I wish I didn't know what was going on before as I was expecting it (damn my curiosity and Wikipedia) but damn that was brutal.

NO SPOILERS please but for the speculators do we think that other contender is dead or lives to fight another day?

Tommy Wiseau

I genuinely don't think I can take much more of this :lol:

Realised at the end of the credits tonight that I was involuntarily holding my breath :lol:

Oberyn

I'm sorry, that prick was me I believe. I'd just kinda given up on everything after I found out.

The pain in Oberyns screams

:sob:

Goodnight sweet prince.

NO SPOILERS please but for the speculators do we think that other contender is dead or lives to fight another day?

Ur asking for spoilers at the same time as not asking for spoilers. Trippy.

Ur asking for spoilers at the same time as not asking for spoilers. Trippy.

Maybe it's late for you but there is a clear difference between

1- I've read the books/googled and know X happens

Or

2- like you I have just watched the episode and think X or X could happen

Aye, shite episode.

Jumpy as **** - check

Lots of focus on shit characters - check

Egritte becoming a worse ***** after being one of the top characters - check

The best character getting brutally murdered- check

And worst of all, that Baylish *****'s piss poor Sean Connery impression. I cringe every time he's on screen. How the **** have they not realised how bad he is in amongst some amazing acting from people that we've never seen before and actresses from hollyoaks?

Maybe it's late for you but there is a clear difference between

1- I've read the books/googled and know X happens

Or

2- like you I have just watched the episode and think X or X could happen

I know, I know. Calm down.

It is late and I'm drunk but I was merely pointing out how the post read.

P.S. I believe X does happen.

Anticlimactic in what way?

North Berwick Jambo

Another great episode :)

PortyJambo

And worst of all, that Baylish *****'s piss poor Sean Connery impression. I cringe every time he's on screen. How the **** have they not realised how bad he is in amongst some amazing acting from people that we've never seen before and actresses from hollyoaks?

His accent is all over the place, no idea why though as he's a good actor who has managed in other shows to do a non-Irish accent without any problem...pretty sure he even managed it in the first season of GoT (I can't remember noticing it then). It spoils any scenes with him in it, as one minute it's an Irish brogue, then suddenly it's gone again.

I love Dinklage's acting too, but have to admit my attention was starting to wander during his beetle monologue. First time ever in GoT that I've started losing interest in a scene involving Tyrion.

BoJack Horseman

Anticlimactic in what way?

In that the whole build up and fight was 7 minutes long. It had no atmosphere. Felt like it was just tacked on at the end. I knew what was happening so I was concentrating on how it was happening. Had built it up to be an epic gladiator type battle and it just fell short for me. That and most of the rest of the episode was filler.

In that the whole build up and fight was 7 minutes long. It had no atmosphere. Felt like it was just tacked on at the end. I knew what was happening so I was concentrating on how it was happening. Had built it up to be an epic gladiator type battle and it just fell short for me. That and most of the rest of the episode was filler.

Rodge kens.

Terry Tate

That and most of the rest of the episode was filler.

Agree with the first point of slightly anti-climatic, but disagree about filler in general (beetle scene being the big exception). Mole's town attack building for next week (which should be epic), Jorah being booted out, Sansa starting to play the game, Ramsey getting legitimized and Roose taking over Winterfell, Arya finally snapping were all important moments. Only other filler was naked Mel and I can't believe anyone is complaining about that.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Agree with the first point of slightly anti-climatic, but disagree about filler in general (beetle scene being the big exception). Mole's town attack building for next week (which should be epic), Jorah being booted out, Sansa starting to play the game, Ramsey getting legitimized and Roose taking over Winterfell, Arya finally snapping were all important moments. Only other filler was naked Mel and I can't believe anyone is complaining about that.

Just to clarify i wasnt complaining about that at all, more so the scenes (Dany chatting to Melissandei, Mel and Grey Worm in the throne room) which followed it!

Interesting how they deviated it so Hound and Arya got all the way to the Bloody Gate; another Stark reunion near miss!

Sooperstar

Aye, I reckon Jamie is going to get more involved and at least attempt to save him.

Aye, I reckon Jamie is going to get more involved and at least attempt to save him.

Was the question not, "Do you think the Mountain is dead?"

Yeh... i thought if neither won by default a rematch might need to take place.

Possibly involving jamie...

...or someone dying by the hounds hand in later series.

So many possibilities!

Sooperstar

Was the question not, "Do you think the Mountain is dead?"

Ah, sorry. I definitely think he is dead aye, but that doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Ah, sorry. I definitely think he is dead aye, but that doesn't seem to have made a difference.

As soon as the first man died that would be the trial over, regardless if the other one was about to die, no?

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

As soon as the first man died that would be the trial over, regardless if the other one was about to die, no?

Yes. No matter what Cleganes fate is, Oberyn died first meaning Tyrion is guilty in eyes of gods and men

scottish_chicP

I did wonder about this.

If only Oberyn hadn't started arsing about! :sob:

So frustrating watching him do it because you could see what was coming. Despite that, the manner of it was unexpected!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Could see it coming a mile off though.

Aye, I know. It was the way it happened that shocked me a bit.

Stuart McNeill
Tyrion even tells him to wear a helmet.

:sob:

So he does.

That makes me even more sad. Haha.

Good reaction video.

Edit : can't post till I'm on the computer.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

So frustrating watching him do it because you could see what was coming. Despite that, the manner of it was unexpected!

The thing is though no matter how much he hates the Mountain for what he did to Elia and her kids, the mountain just the pawn and Oberyn wanted a confession naming tywin as having given the order in front of everyone , thats why he didnt finish him off... But yeah he could have maybe just kept his distance a wee bit :lol:

One thing I've always wondered: what's the story with Maester Pycelle pretending he is frail and weak? I remember an episode with him and a whore and it was clear he was putting on act for everyone in public. Is this going to become significant?

One thing I've always wondered: what's the story with Maester Pycelle pretending he is frail and weak? I remember an episode with him and a whore and it was clear he was putting on act for everyone in public. Is this going to become significant?

Didn't he just so some light stretches in that scene? Then he put on his chains which would surely weigh him down.

Didn't he just so some light stretches in that scene? Then he put on his chains which would surely weigh him down.

Nah, he walked to the door then very deliberately stooped down. Think it was just filling time/the nudity quota, doubt it will come up again.

Archived