Game of Thrones Season 4

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

:yas:

6th/7th April can't come quick enough

Lots of great things happen in the second half of Storm of Swords, should be epic

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Won't be the same after you know what :sob:

There's a couple of things that will serve as tonic after the red wedding

:pleasing:

Notbrainwashed

Very much looking forward to this. Might need to revisit Hannibal. Started watching it on Virgin, moved flat and was without cable, etc for a couple of weeks, then had to get SKy. Will check it out on the On Demand service

Canny wait for this.

I was over in Dubrovnik last August and saw them building the sets in the Trsteno Arboretum. I felt like a proper geek trying to take sneaky photos of all the props while a security guard was giving me the evils.

Stuart McNeill

I'm going to read the books so I can post sly snippets thay only a couple people know haha.

Anyway, can't wait for this to come!

Spoiler *****, **** off.

Instant ban please mods for any one posting what happens either from the books or the US screening, prior to it showing on UK tv.

North Berwick Jambo

Spoiler *****, **** off.

Instant ban please mods for any one posting what happens either from the books or the US screening, prior to it showing on UK tv.

For me the best part of watching this epic show is not knowing what is coming next, I am glad I decided not to read the books as that made the "red wedding" the most jaw dropping piece of TV I have ever watched! (The YouTube fan reaction video is priceless) Roll on April.

scottish_chicP

For me the best part of watching this epic show is not knowing what is coming next, I am glad I decided not to read the books as that made the "red wedding" the most jaw dropping piece of TV I have ever watched! (The YouTube fan reaction video is priceless) Roll on April.

Totally agree. I sat like this :-O for about 15 mins after. I'll read the books when the TV series finishes.

The People's Chimp

Been playing catch up and just watched the red wedding episode last night. I was reeling afterwards as it was such a powerful scene, the futile last action of Lady Stark to cut Frey's wife's throat was great. I knew there had to be something nasty around the corner this season, as it was all tying itself up a little too nicely, Arya in touching distance of her family, John Snow just outside the windmill with the boys inside, and then bang. I said afterwards to my girlfriend it was reminiscent of a few things I'd read about massacres and family disputes in Scotland and so looked up the episode and apparently the Red Wedding was inspired by 'the Black Dinner' in Edinburgh Castle (as well as the Glencoe massacre).

Spoiler *****, **** off.

Been playing catch up and just watched the red wedding episode last night. I was reeling afterwards as it was such a powerful scene, the futile last action of Lady Stark to cut Frey's wife's throat was great. I knew there had to be something nasty around the corner this season, as it was all tying itself up a little too nicely, Arya in touching distance of her family, John Snow just outside the windmill with the boys inside, and then bang. I said afterwards to my girlfriend it was reminiscent of a few things I'd read about massacres and family disputes in Scotland and so looked up the episode and apparently the Red Wedding was inspired by 'the Black Dinner' in Edinburgh Castle (as well as the Glencoe massacre).

Ban pls mods.

The People's Chimp

Ban pls mods.

:muggy:

If anyone is daft enough to come into a Season 4 thread without having watched season 3 they deserve to have it spoiled.

:muggy:

If anyone is daft enough to come into a Season 4 thread without having watched season 3 they deserve to have it spoiled.

Personal abuse too mods. Lifetime ban mods.

• 1 month later...
Mr Brightside

Spoiler *****, **** off.

Agreed. The season 3 thread was ruined by posters who had read the books, posts about the red wedding without spoiler tags!

Those who want to discuss the books can have a separate thread.

There is a preview of the series on sky demand.

they are asking all the cast who had the most bad ass line, and hodor thinks it was him.

Snake Plissken

Looking forward to it.

I read all the books in a the space of a couple of weeks a while ago (couldn't help myself once I'd started) and it doesn't make watching the series any less enjoyable. There are some differences here and there and it's interesting to see how certain moments were adapted. I won't say anything specific about what'll happen but there are going to be some excellent moments in this series and I can't wait to see how they play out on the screen.

Rudolf's Mate

Started season 3 (2nd time) yesterday. The idea was to get the Mrs into it in time for season 4 by watching an episode a night. Doing 2/3 a night as one ends and she wants to see another!

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Started season 3 (2nd time) yesterday. The idea was to get the Mrs into it in time for season 4 by watching an episode a night. Doing 2/3 a night as one ends and she wants to see another!

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Same, sort of. I watched all three season but Mrs wasn't interested. Then a couple of her mates started talking about it and now we're watching it together. Almost at the end of season one and the other episodes are piling up on the Sky+ box. She's just about to see the first jaw-dropping moment.

I've read all the books (some three or four times). I'm kind of envious of those who haven't read the books but just get to enjoy the drama without knowing what's coming. It's still pretty awesome, though. HBO have made a fantastic job of ASoIaF.

I've just watched all 3 series in the space of a week and a half.

I think the word im looking for is 'ooooooooooooffffffffffffffttttttttt' some great TV from that and I have to say I opened this thread 3 days ago to the start of a post about the red wedding and immediately closed it down thankfully.

Im watching this alongside Breaking Bad and Im just about to start watching series 3 of this although I'll be honest its not living quite upto the hype in the first 2 series.

• 3 weeks later...
jamboinglasgow

Do hope this is the season the stark get their revenge. It's been nothing but misery for them since the end of season 1

Hearts Heritage
Do hope this is the season the stark get their revenge. It's been nothing but misery for them since the end of season 1

You obviously haven't read the books

Chad Sexington

You obviously haven't read the books

No need. :(

And I say that as someone who's read em all.

This is a thread for the TV show.

Speaking as someone who watched Budgie spoil half of Kickback last year, leave the ******* books out of this thread. :muggy:

My old man said there was a catch up program on last week, it gave you a re-cap of series 1 - 3. In one show under 60min.

Anyone got a link?

I'm re-watching the lot. I have a really good memory and tend to remember a lot of detail but already I've noticed a few references and connections from the first few episodes that I missed first time round. Much easier to pick up on things when you already know all the characters and storyline.

Can't wait for the new series. Might give it a month, avoid this thread like the plague and go absolutely mental and stay up past midnight and watch the first 4. Giddy at the thought.

Tommy Wiseau

Speaking as someone who watched Budgie spoil half of Kickback last year, leave the ******* books out of this thread. :muggy:

Well, he'll not be doing it this year.

:jjyay: :jjyay: :jjyay: :jjyay: :jjyay: :jjyay: :jjyay: :jjyay:

Jambof3tornado

Preparing myself for series 4 by rewatching series 3. Just watched the first 4 episodes back to back.

its fekkin brilliant!!!

Say What Again

leave the ******* books out of this thread.

That is all.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Sky are going to show season 4 at the same time as the US on Atlantic, as well as the usual Monday night showing.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s151/game-of-thrones/news/a560172/game-of-thrones-season-4-to-be-simulcast-in-uk-on-sky-atlantic.html

Quality Ive actually got that Monday off in any event so might even stay up for it

But im too impatient for adverts so might just wait to stream Monday AM.

Really looking forward to this season. Season 3 obviously ended with the biggest moment of the entire series but it was a slow build whereas theres a couple of big things which will most likely happen early on in this season

Jambof3tornado

Quality Ive actually got that Monday off in any event so might even stay up for it

But im too impatient for adverts so might just wait to stream Monday AM.

Really looking forward to this season. Season 3 obviously ended with the biggest moment of the entire series but it was a slow build whereas theres a couple of big things which will most likely happen early on in this season

nae fekkin hints at big events even!!

Angry Haggis

Watched up up too season 3 apart from the last 2 episodes of it (including the red wedding I assume). Plan to watch these as my warm up to season 4 getting aired.

Very much looking forward to it.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

nae fekkin hints at big events even!!

:lol:

Sorry no big events whatsoever in Game of Thrones... what actually happens is Cersei starts a book club with Sansa and Margaery, Jaime forms Westeros' first rockband called Kingslayer and... hodor says "HODOR"

Quite boring really I wouldnt bother watching

Stewie Griffin

Just had a look on the sky planner and season 4 is on at 2am next Monday for those that can't wait until when it's on that night

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Just had a look on the sky planner and season 4 is on at 2am next Monday for those that can't wait until when it's on that night

Cannae wait

(Book Spoiler)

The Purple Wedding should be good

:pleasing:

I'll be recording the 2am version so I can watch skipping the adverts when I like in the evening! Can't wait either!

Archived