Game of Thrones Season 4

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Renewed for seasons 5 & 6

Hardly ever in doubt but :pleasing: anyway

Someone posted on the facebook post "hopefully G R R Martin lives that long :lol:

Create an epic fantasy series and all he ever gets is stick for killing off popular characters and for not producing the books fast enough ... And for being fat :rofl:

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Punks No Deid

According to a guy at my work HBO say that GOF first episode of series four is their most watched programme since the finale of The Sopranos? If true then that's awesome

Renewed for seasons 5 & 6

Hardly ever in doubt but :pleasing: anyway

Someone posted on the facebook post "hopefully G R R Martin lives that long :lol:

Create an epic fantasy series and all he ever gets is stick for killing off popular characters and for not producing the books fast enough ... And for being fat :rofl:

It's an issue! GRRM is an old gadge and needs to get his finger out. I've read that he has two books to write to finish the series. There's another (far inferior) fantasy book series called 'The Wheel of Time'. The writer of that, Robert Jordan, died before finishing the series, which is now being written by someone else based on Jordan's notes.

There's also the fact that GRRM does all these fan events like Comicon (or whatever it's called) where he sits alongside stars of the show and fields questions form the audience. Now, it strikes me that it must be difficult for GRRM not to picture the actors when writing the books. Does that mean that he could be creating nude scenes for particular actresses he fancies seeing in the buff? Or am I taking that too far?

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

It's an issue! GRRM is an old gadge and needs to get his finger out. I've read that he has two books to write to finish the series. There's another (far inferior) fantasy book series called 'The Wheel of Time'. The writer of that, Robert Jordan, died before finishing the series, which is now being written by someone else based on Jordan's notes.

There's also the fact that GRRM does all these fan events like Comicon (or whatever it's called) where he sits alongside stars of the show and fields questions form the audience. Now, it strikes me that it must be difficult for GRRM not to picture the actors when writing the books. Does that mean that he could be creating nude scenes for particular actresses he fancies seeing in the buff? Or am I taking that too far?

Martin has been spending time writing other books like the wit of tyrion lannister one that came out recently, some Song of ice and Fire fans have been kicking off

He's told Benioff and Weiss who ends up on the iron throne so at worst the tv series will be taken care of :lol:

And yes he probably will write in nude scenes for the bursds he likes. Love how in the book rob Starks wife jeyne westerling is nowhere near the Red Wedding but her tv version talisa apparently refused to do any frontal nude scenes.. So Martin/Weiss/Benioff wrote a pregnancy into the script, sent her to the red wedding and had her butchered by the freys

Let that be a lesson to any of the actresses refusing to get them out for the boys! :rofl:

No wonder Sam is absolutely loving it.

BkyGxeLIAAA2Yxe.jpg

I'm struggling to identify the bursd on ser piggys right. Obviously sansa on the left

BoJack Horseman

I'm struggling to identify the bursd on ser piggys right. Obviously sansa on the left

Joffrey's bride to be. Margaery Tyrell, played by Natalie Dormer.

Joffrey's bride to be. Margaery Tyrell, played by Natalie Dormer.

yum, even nicer as a blonde.

:clumshot:

After reading about Game Of Thrones on here......

Just had a 6 day GOT fest. Watched the whole 3 series on Sky box sets and the episode 1 of Season 4 tonight.

What an awesome thing GOT is!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

After reading about Game Of Thrones on here......

Just had a 6 day GOT fest. Watched the whole 3 series on Sky box sets and the episode 1 of Season 4 tonight.

What an awesome thing GOT is!

Well played Sir, welcome along

Its probably a good thing sky aren't simultaneously showing this weeks episode at 2am again I'd be tempted to stay up and watch again!

I preferred last week's episode tbh. Thought this one was a bit rushed, as if they wanted to have all these different characters meeting just for the sake of it.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I preferred last week's episode tbh. Thought this one was a bit rushed, as if they wanted to have all these different characters meeting just for the sake of it.

The Bran and Davos scenes didn't really add anything either it was more just a case of "oh aye and here's the guys who didn't make it into last weeks episode"

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Just out of interest who do non-book readers think did the deed (answer in the spoiler just wondered if it was obvious to those who dont know from the books)?

book spoiler dont open if you havent read storm of swords and dont wanna know

Lady Tyrell/Ser Dontos (on littlefingers instructions) using poison hidden in stones from Sansa's necklace: given to her by Dontos, Lady Tyrell fixes it at the wedding (hairnet in the book)

BoJack Horseman

Just out of interest who do non-book readers think did the deed (answer in the spoiler just wondered if it was obvious to those who dont know from the books)?

Lady Tyrell/Ser Dontos (on littlefingers instructions) using poison hidden in stones from Sansa's necklace: given to her by Dontos, Lady Tyrell fixes it at the wedding (hairnet in the book)

As minor as this spoiler seems, I think it would totally change the dynamic of the coming plot line if you knew who the culprit was. The whodunnit aspect will be much more intense when you don't know. You don't really know for sure in the book until Little Finger's speech on the boat, which come to think of it, with Sansa bailing with Dontos, might be sooner than I thought.

Pwoppa spoilers:

I never really understood the point of smuggling the poison in via Sansa's necklace. Surely Margaery or Olenna Tyrell could have just taken it in themselves.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

As minor as this spoiler seems, I think it would totally change the dynamic of the coming plot line if you knew who the culprit was. The whodunnit aspect will be much more intense when you don't know. You don't really know for sure in the book until Little Finger's speech on the boat, which come to think of it, with Sansa bailing with Dontos, might be sooner than I thought.

book spoiler

yeah think the Sansa meeting Littlefinger on the boat happens almost immediately after in the book but we'll see they might focus on Tyrion's trial for now then wrap up the season with Tyrion using the crossbow and littlefinger doing a reveal before he does some moon door pushing

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I know they have to up all the child actors by a couple years but Tommen looked way too old there,

I note its a new actor

edit: apparently the new Tommen was one of the Lannister squires murdered by the Karstarcks last season.

I know shows re-cast extras sometimes but perhaps the new monarch deserves a fresh actor

Stuart McNeill

The options are endless of who it could be and I really can't wait to find out, roughly how long after do we find out.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

The options are endless of who it could be and I really can't wait to find out, roughly how long after do we find out.

If it follows the chronology of the book probably the next episode

Spoiler regarding Oberyn Martell's plotline. Don't click on it if you haven't read the books.

What are people's opinions of the theory that the Red Viper of Dorne had poisoned Tywin and would have died anyway if Tyrion hadn't have gutted him?

Spoiler regarding Oberyn Martell's plotline. Don't click on it if you haven't read the books.

What are people's opinions of the theory that the Red Viper of Dorne had poisoned Tywin and would have died anyway if Tyrion hadn't have gutted him?

Maybe we should make a books thread?

The cases people make are pretty convincing, but I have to ask what the point would be in including that?

Are you as curious as I am as to what they're going to do without the Kettleblacks? They're really important later on, but they really should have introduced them by now.

The cases people make are pretty convincing, but I have to ask what the point would be in including that?

Are you as curious as I am as to what they're going to do without the Kettleblacks? They're really important later on, but they really should have introduced them by now.

Good thinking.

You start it and we'll head on ever.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I think the resolution was that book spoilers could continue here (within labelled spoiler tags) but non book readers have started a "NO BOOK SPOILERS" thread. Not sure if a 3rd thread is needed

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

book spoiler

If they dont intro them they could maybe just get away with using one of the other Kingsguard like Trant for the "I pumped Maergery... no I actually pumped Cersei" storyline with the Faith.

I'm struggling to remember much else that they contribute although I think Littlefinger reveals they are his men and in on the Joffrey plot

I think the resolution was that book spoilers could continue here (within labelled spoiler tags) but non book readers have started a "NO BOOK SPOILERS" thread. Not sure if a 3rd thread is needed

Seems like a weird way to split it. 2 threads for the show?

book spoiler

If they dont intro them they could maybe just get away with using one of the other Kingsguard like Trant for the "I pumped Maergery... no I actually pumped Cersei" storyline with the Faith.

I'm struggling to remember much else that they contribute although I think Littlefinger reveals they are his men and in on the Joffrey plot

Book spoiler:

I wonder if Lancel will take his place, instead of becoming religious and joining the Warrior's Sons

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Seems like a weird way to split it. 2 threads for the show?

Book spoiler:

I wonder if Lancel will take his place, instead of becoming religious and joining the Warrior's Sons

Its just the way it went pal a thread where people like ourselves can discuss the show in the context of the books (whilst of course using spoiler tags sensitively) but this wasnt enough as some opened spoilers thinking "I'm up to date with the show" as they weren't always labelled book spoilers.. so hence a thread was started which explicitly says no book spoilers at all which is fair.

book spoiler

Has Lancel been seen in the show since Blackwater

Wonder if Kevan will be back for a few scenes before his meeting with Varys at end of book 5

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Caught Breaker of Chains episode this morning

Fairly slow episode after last week but some solid performances from Peter Dinklage and Charles Dance in particular

I didnt like the sept of baelor scene. In the book (this isnt really a spoiler) Cersei is reluctant at first and pushes Jaime away a bit but then gives in and lets Jaime have her, whereas the scene in this weeks episode was pretty much rape.

On another note whats going on with Stannis, end of s3 they were all like lets away up the wall and fight the wightwalkers, now theyre still kicking their heels at Dragonstone. perhaps Davos getting in touch with the Iron Bank will be the precursor to getting more money and swords before heading North

Thought it was a cracking episode - I really enjoy these ones. And finally Amelia Clarke is really acting her role - and the Leone-style filming they use for her epic scenes is brilliant.

And the boy that plays Littlefinger - Aiden Gillen - superbly snakish.

Chad Sexington

Another excellent episode. Some really strong scenes. Jamie and Cerces doing the nasty right next to deed Joffrey!

:wow:

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Thought it was a cracking episode - I really enjoy these ones. And finally Amelia Clarke is really acting her role - and the Leone-style filming they use for her epic scenes is brilliant.

And the boy that plays Littlefinger - Aiden Gillen - superbly snakish.

His accent though- :cornette: he suddenly became Irish

His accent though- :cornette: he suddenly became Irish

The guy who plays him is Irish. Not sure what the accent is he's going for Littlefinger though. Sounds Welsh at times.

The guy who plays him is Irish. Not sure what the accent is he's going for Littlefinger though. Sounds Welsh at times.

He's shit in this. Over acts it ridiculously and tries to make it too obviously sinister for me.

Archived