Game of Thrones Season 4

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Stewie Griffin

I'll be recording the 2am version so I can watch skipping the adverts when I like in the evening! Can't wait either!

That's what I'm going to do as well

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambof3tornado

First time?

:jjyay:

2nd time. Just rewatched the 3rd series. Fantastic. Really set up for series 4 now!!!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

2nd time. Just rewatched the 3rd series. Fantastic. Really set up for series 4 now!!!

rewatching series 3 too

I've read Storm of Swords twice and watched season 3 a couple times too, or the RW again on youtube, and the RW still makes me :sob:

jamboinglasgow

thought it was too true what it said about Peter Dinklage will get every good dwarf role from now on (threatening Warwick Davis' position.)

Thought these videos are good chuckle

(does anyone know how to embed, used to be done automatically but doesn't seem to work anymore)

(does anyone know how to embed, used to be done automatically but doesn't seem to work anymore)

It's still working automatically for me at the moment, but if you can't get it to then put [ media ] and [ /media ] around your link and that should work.

Edit - without the spaces next to 'media'

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

:pleasing:

good solid first episode, sets the season up nicely

wee variation on Arya's final words to Pollivander, but worked pretty well

book spoiler

The Hound was fatally wounded in that scene in the book, glad to see he's been spared here

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Hound: you gave your sword a name ?

Arya: lots of people name their swords

Hound: lots of ****s

:rofl:

jamboinglasgow

just watched the episode, nice opener to the season.

Agree with the others, The Hound is fantastic.

Though noticed that the actor who plays Daario Naharis (leader of the second sons) has changed.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Watched again there with the Mrs (she didnt stay up last night to watch it the part timer :lol:)

Rory McCann is awesome. Two great uses of the C word

:pleasing:

good solid first episode, sets the season up nicely

wee variation on Arya's final words to Pollivander, but worked pretty well

book spoiler

The Hound was fatally wounded in that scene in the book, glad to see he's been spared here

Not so fatally I think.

the hound is superb probably my favourite character

i like the congratulations at the end lol

It's close run between him and Bronn

rossthejambo

Tremendous.

There really isn't enough use of the word ***** on TV, credit to the Hound for dropping the C Bomb multiple times :jjyay:

scottish_chicP

Though noticed that the actor who plays Daario Naharis (leader of the second sons) has changed.

Not really a fan of the new Naharis. Very meh.

Really enjoyed the first episode. Not many ***** can use the 'c' word appropriately, but the Hound proved several times he knows its place!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Not so fatally I think.

Of course, he might be the grave digger ? But maybe at least the death of the Hound as we knew him. The gravedigger might just be another Cat/Lady Stoneheart that goes nowhere storywise

Of course, he might be the grave digger ? But maybe at least the death of the Hound as we knew him. The gravedigger might just be another Cat/Lady Stoneheart that goes nowhere storywise

:muggy:

If you're going to, at least mark it book spoiler please

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

:muggy:

If you're going to, at least mark it book spoiler

I did at the top of the post it was referring back to

jamboinglasgow

I need to stop going onto wikipedia about game of thrones, I always end up reading about certain characters and accidently read into what is in later books, so know some of what will happen this season.

Book spoiler below

with the hound not fatally wounded in the tv series, and they are saying the tv series is going to differ from the book maybe it will still keep people guessing. Also be interested to see if they do Lady Stoneheart

Tommy Wiseau

How many people have said on this thread that they don't want any book spoilers on it? Start your own thread if you want to show off that you can read, this is for those watching the series.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

How many people have said on this thread that they don't want any book spoilers on it? Start your own thread if you want to show off that you can read, this is for those watching the series.

Or how about the non readers (who have an urge to open spoiler tags) start their own thread with *no book spoilers*

I was the OP and I intended that book readers would be able to discuss aspects of the books in spoiler tags

Spoiler/unfounded theory after reading all books.

Yes, I thinks so. The fact that he was left and assumed to be dead rather than explicitly stated makes me think he'll be back. Martin does this quite a lot, he ended Arya and Tyrion chapters letting you think they'd died.

As for the hound, I think with him possibly being saved by the faith and them needing a champion for Cersei's trial I think we'll see him again.

In the show, maybe he'll get stabbed later on or maybe he'll go off of his own free will.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Mods- following Rab's new thread (no book spoilers) could you please rename my thread to say "includes book spoilers" please?

Should solve the problem

Cheers

:thumbsup:

BoJack Horseman

Most folk won't know who Daario is, never mind the Second Sons.

This is my first time watching new episodes since I read all the books. It totally changes the dynamic of watching the show, to a much more enjoyable level I think. Knowing exactly who everyone is, what their role is, and who they are in relation to other characters definitely helps in being able to just enjoy the show as a whole. So many people barely know the main characters names, never mind the side ones. How you can follow the story without that I'm not so sure.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Most folk won't know who Daario is, never mind the Second Sons.

This is my first time watching new episodes since I read all the books. It totally changes the dynamic of watching the show, to a much more enjoyable level I think. Knowing exactly who everyone is, what their role is, and who they are in relation to other characters definitely helps in being able to just enjoy the show as a whole. So many people barely know the main characters names, never mind the side ones. How you can follow the story without that I'm not so sure.

I know and then characters who havent been on it for yonks pop up like Slint and Thorne this week or Ser Barristannat start of season 3 and I imagine non book readers are thinking Who the feck is that?

GoT could also just benefit from a "previously on game of thrones" (IIRC correctly they did it last season) instead of Cersei, Tyrion and Oberyn all doing a "heres what happened before summary" during the episode :lol:

Archived