Game of Thrones Season 4

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Not the best season finale I've ever seen. Like the whole season, some very good bits, some gash bits and some ******* ridiculous bits, I thought.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alwaysthereinspirit

Not the best season finale I've ever seen. Like the whole season, some very good bits, some gash bits and some ******* ridiculous bits, I thought.

It wasn't bad. Like you say some good bits and some "why, who cares" bits.

Will we see the Hound again?

Fantastic episode. No idea what people expect from the show if parts of that were 'who cares'.

Book spoiler:

Disappointed not to get the reveal about Tyrion's wife, however.

The flamethrower grenade goblin. :lol::cornette:

I was thoroughly impressed with the finale. As someone who has read the books, i love the differences in some storylines. Brienne of tarth was excellent.

North Berwick Jambo

Loved it, gonna be a long 10 months :(

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Fantastic episode. No idea what people expect from the show if parts of that were 'who cares'.

Book spoiler:

Disappointed not to get the reveal about Tyrion's wife, however.

The flamethrower grenade goblin. :lol::cornette:

also book spoiler

I know, Tyrion told the story of his 1st wife (Tysha) in s1 so they could have brought it back in. It means Tyrion and Jaime left all pals unlike the book.

Cersei revealing to Tywin was interesting, meaning he died completely devastated re his legacy

No Lady Stoneheart then?

p.s Jojen didnt die in the books did he he was just ill after they reached the tree then wandered off one day?

also book spoiler

I know, Tyrion told the story of his 1st wife (Tysha) in s1 so they could have brought it back in. It means Tyrion and Jaime left all pals unlike the book.

Cersei revealing to Tywin was interesting, meaning he died completely devastated re his legacy

No Lady Stoneheart then?

p.s Jojen didnt die in the books did he he was just ill after they reached the tree then wandered off one day?

Baffling decision from the show runners r.e. the wife, IMO.

also book spoiler

No Lady Stoneheart then?

he didn't die or wonder off, he just disappeared. It was rumoured that he was then ground into a paste and fed to bran.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

he didn't die or wonder off, he just disappeared. It was rumoured that he was then ground into a paste and fed to bran.

book spoiler

oh yeah the jojen paste theory, remember reading that on ASOIAF forum, I much preferred the theory he was going to the wall to tell Jon about R+L=J

Was a bit lost at the bit at the end with the iron coin who did they think she was ?

Edit I remember now

Was a bit lost at the bit at the end with the iron coin who did they think she was ?

Edit I remember now

Fancy sending me a PM? i just presumed it was so rare to see a Bravos coin in those parts. Or was it they actually thought she was the man himself Jaqen?

Fancy sending me a PM? i just presumed it was so rare to see a Bravos coin in those parts. Or was it they actually thought she was the man himself Jaqen?

The man on the boat is obliged to grant Arya one wish (or murder) for possessing the iron coin. He wouldn't have thought Arya was Jaqen I'm sure, although maybe Arya is going to Braavos to become one of the 'faceless men'?

The man on the boat is obliged to grant Arya one wish (or murder) for possessing the iron coin. He wouldn't have thought Arya was Jaqen I'm sure, although maybe Arya is going to Braavos to become one of the 'faceless men'?

Wouldn't have thought so as she was heading north,

The ship she is on is heading to Braavos though isnt it ? Or am I completely wrong here ????

I'm fairly certain she's going to Braavos.

The ship she is on is heading to Braavos though isnt it ? Or am I completely wrong here ????

She is definitely heading to Braavos.

Arya asks for a passage to the North, however the captain tells her that they're heading "home" to Braavos and that's when she remembers the Iron Coin and that the captain will grant her any wish and she accepts the passage on the boat to Braavos.

She is definitely heading to Braavos.

Arya asks for a passage to the North, however the captain tells her that they're heading "home" to Braavos and that's when she remembers the Iron Coin and that the captain will grant her any wish and she accepts the passage on the boat to Braavos.

Id be wanting my wish 'back' in that case then! Who does the cheeky bugger think he is only honouring it in half meassures then! :P

Remember in season 2 when Jaqen killed the guys for her before he left he gave her the coin and told her if she ever needed help again to show the coin to any man from Braavos.

Id be wanting my wish 'back' in that case then! Who does the cheeky bugger think he is only honouring it in half meassures then! :P

I think she decides that going to Braavos would be for the best. A new beginning where she can get a new identity with no fear etc.

Really need to read the books. I seem to take nothing in watching the show. I was completely lost watching half of that episode.

Having read all the books so far she is heading for braavos,all will be revealed in the next season.

Having read all the books so far she is heading for braavos,all will be revealed in the next season.

Go and not do that.

Spoiler tags or gtfo.

book spoiler

oh yeah the jojen paste theory, remember reading that on ASOIAF forum, I much preferred the theory he was going to the wall to tell Jon about R+L=J

going by your posts, I'll assume you've read the books, if not, don't open the spoiler.

after the end of book 5, with Jon snow being killed, i think mellisandre will bring him back to life as he, not Stannis, is azur azhai. Pretty sure this is when he will learn the truth regarding L + R =J.

Go and not do that.

Spoiler tags or gtfo.

It's how the episode ended anyway. :blink:

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

going by your posts, I'll assume you've read the books, if not, don't open the spoiler.

after the end of book 5, with Jon snow being killed, i think mellisandre will bring him back to life as he, not Stannis, is azur azhai. Pretty sure this is when he will learn the truth regarding L + R =J.

Yes that seems to be the theory, I hope all the various threads GRRM goes down do come together eventually!

Yes that seems to be the theory, I hope all the various threads GRRM goes down do come together eventually!

i just hope the winds of winter comes out soon, and then the final book doesn't take too long, as mr RR Martin isn't exactly a healthy looking individual.

if we could at least get a date for winds of winter, just so i know when to start reading all the books again

It's how the episode ended anyway. :blink:

Aye but there was a small chance she'd got on a different boat. It wasn't totally clear cut.

No point in saying "I've read all the books and you're right" to someone who's not read them who's guessing what comes next. If you're posting about the books, stick it in tags.

Aye but there was a small chance she'd got on a different boat. It wasn't totally clear cut.

No point in saying "I've read all the books and you're right" to someone who's not read them who's guessing what comes next. If you're posting about the books, stick it in tags.

This

I was toying with the idea of a north bound journey and a meeting with Jon/Stannis... to reunite the north and **** up those boltons.

Mr Brightside

This

I was toying with the idea of a north bound journey and a meeting with Jon/Stannis... to reunite the north and **** up those boltons.

I haven't read the books but I thought it was pretty clear that she was going to Braavos.

BoJack Horseman

I haven't read the books but I thought it was pretty clear that she was going to Braavos.

It was pretty clear I thought.

"I want to go North"

"No"

"I won't need a cabin"

"I'm not going North, I'm going to Braavos"

"In that case here, Valar Morghulis"

"You can have a cabin (but I'm still not going North)"

"I want to go North"

"No"

"I won't need a cabin"

I didn't think it was clear. I assumed he was granting her wish by taking her north.

Mr Brightside

"I want to go North"

"No"

"I won't need a cabin"

Yeah that's how I viewed it.

HBO: So last we see, Arya is headed to Braavos. What's going through her mind?

Maisie Williams: That scene was shot at a car park in front of a green screen. It's not quite like being on a legit ship in the middle of the ocean, so to really get into that, you summarize the whole season in your head, from Day 1, getting Needle back. It's a really twisted a version of growing up and leaving home ? which Arya is, but she's only 12. She looks back at her past home and a little part of her is wondering, "Should I stay?" And she turns and looks at the front of the ship, and her decision is made.

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2014/6/15/maisie-williams-reveals-aryas-red-flags

I didn't think it was clear. I assumed he was granting her wish by taking her north.

I've read the books so knew what was happening, but my friends who haven't read the books seemed to know she was going to Bravos.

Although they didn't seem to view it as "granting her wish" rather it secured her passage to Bravos

The point I was making was 'Yes it may be the case she was headed to Bravos but it was not without room for speculation'.

What I dont want is someone coming along and going "Ive read the books so X Y and Z definitely is/isn't happening'

• 8 months later...
North Berwick Jambo

Sat and watched all ten episodes again yesterday, can't wait for season 5 which starts six weeks from tonight.

Archived