2014 Formula 1 Season Thread

Prince Buaben

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Future's Maroon

Haven't been on this thread since last week, and hadn't seen the clip showing what actually happened...I have now and as others have said - felt sick watching it and how the hell he is still even alive is a miracle on its own.

The Future's Maroon

Another Hamilton Pole, although if Bottas didnt mess up the last corner he could well have sneaked it...was going to be really close.

Special mention has to go to Kyvat, his home GP and sticks the Torro Rosso on 5th....as Martin Brundell said, the last time a youngster was sticking Torro Rosso's that high up it was a certain Mr Vettel driving it at the time...and where did Vettel finish - didnt even get into final qualification!

Prince Buaben

Rosberg on those tyres to the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Well this is pretty boring.

Yip. Although I'm glad that Rosberg made the mistake in terms of the championship it has ruined this race. It would have been a good battle between Hamilton, Rosberg and Bottas (to a lesser extent).

Prince Buaben

So Rosberg is now back to 2nd.

A highly uneventful race.

I doubt Hamilton can lose it from here.

the double points last race is the only possible problem fir him IMO

The Future's Maroon

I see its not mentioned in that article that another rumour regarding Alonso is he is (with other funding he has already secured) going to take over the Lotus team and drive with them (with a Honda engine).

I can't see him taking a year out, at his age. McLaren seems a good bet...but for who because Button has done really well (I think)...or there is still the rumours of teams being allowed a third car meaning a switch to Mercedes is possible.

Prince Buaben

I see its not mentioned in that article that another rumour regarding Alonso is he is (with other funding he has already secured) going to take over the Lotus team and drive with them (with a Honda engine).

I can't see him taking a year out, at his age. McLaren seems a good bet...but for who because Button has done really well (I think)...or there is still the rumours of teams being allowed a third car meaning a switch to Mercedes is possible.

Where was that. Havent seen it.

BBC had an article saying that if he doesnt go to McLaren he might take a year out then come back in 2016 and race for Mercedes.

The Future's Maroon

It was actually Martinn Brundell that said said in the pre-race programme on Sunday on the F1 channel...probably just guessing, but I'd imagine he would have some ITK contacts in the pit lane.

The simple fact is no-one knows and won't until he announces it himself, all just speculation really...as with most high profile sports!

Prince Buaben

It was actually Martinn Brundell that said said in the pre-race programme on Sunday on the F1 channel...probably just guessing, but I'd imagine he would have some ITK contacts in the pit lane.

The simple fact is no-one knows and won't until he announces it himself, all just speculation really...as with most high profile sports!

Absolutley but its always good to speculate. With McLaren being the only possible place for him next season by the looks of it. provided the dont add an extra car each.

Although he could get a drive for Caterham(if they make it to 2015) as Kobayashi looks to be burning bridges by telling the media that 21 laps in he was todl to retire by management to save mileage on parts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29633138

The Future's Maroon

The Kobayashi thing, I remember his interview with the woman reported just after he retired...he didn't say that at the time, he said that he was told to 'box' and wasn't told why...later though the team said they had seen something which could have resulted in him retiring anyway - even the reporter (Natalie Pinkham I think) was stunned, and so was he. So much so he said he doesn't even know if he will be at the next race.

That report on the BBC is not what I heard watching the race at the time. Yes, AFTER the race it was reported he was told that it was due to a problem with the car and also funding issues and not being able to buy spare parts if something went wrong....but why wouldn't they have told him that at the time - even when he was still going round the track the Team Radio came on when they asked him to box, he asked back right away - why, car is fine?

Prince Buaben

I reckon they will keep Button as he has a huge following in Japan as he used to race there pre F1 and his bursd is Japanese.

His previous relationship with Honda ?

His previous relationship with Honda ?

Driver loyalty doesn't count for much in F1. Marketability however...

McLaren are one of the lucky teams that can chose drivers and not worry how much cash they bring to the table.

The Future's Maroon

Niko Hulkenburg has been confirmed as staying with Force India.

The Future's Maroon

That is shocking, no drivers saftey should be put at risk - they simply shouldnt have entered the car.

The Future's Maroon

Looks like that's them goosed then.

Just officially announced they have entered Administration.

Prince Buaben

So was Fernandes(air asia) just paying for everthng and they werent self sufficent or has the new owners just not got the money and investment?

The Future's Maroon

Marusia to also miss USA Grand Prix after getting special treatment from Bernie too.

Prince Buaben

1602f7a77f685e94c37392fa6e122320.jpg

Mercedes have made changes for Austin

looks like caterham driver marcus errikson and reserve driver giedo van der garde have signed for sauber, sutil without a drive?

kingantti1874

Another easy win for Hamilton, he has absolutely destroyed nico this season, not once has Nico won in a straight fight without reliabilitybissues for Hamilton, crashes and punctures or parking cars on chicanes... Now this ludicrous double points shite keeps him in the hunt.. If rosberg win the title on account of that F1 will plummet in popularity overnight

Another easy win for Hamilton, he has absolutely destroyed nico this season, not once has Nico won in a straight fight without reliabilitybissues for Hamilton, crashes and punctures or parking cars on chicanes... Now this ludicrous double points shite keeps him in the hunt.. If rosberg win the title on account of that F1 will plummet in popularity overnight

Very much this, the double points thing is a farce!

Except for Austra where Hamilton mucked up qualifying.

But I agree, Lewis has been far and away the best driver on the grid in the best car this year. For anyone else to win it after he's won 9 out of 17 races so far (Nico has only won 4) would be ridiculous.

chester copperpot

Except for Austra where Hamilton mucked up qualifying.

But I agree, Lewis has been far and away the best driver on the grid in the best car this year. For anyone else to win it after he's won 9 out of 17 races so far (Nico has only won 4) would be ridiculous.

Id argue that Ricciardo has driven better than lewis in a vastly poorer car. Lewis has owned Rosberg tho I agree.

kingantti1874

Id argue that Ricciardo has driven better than lewis in a vastly poorer car. Lewis has owned Rosberg tho I agree.

There is no way you can make that assessment, Ricardo wouldn't have won a race were it not for Mercedes mishaps... And RBR is the 2nd best chassis by a good margin

That said I think he has been great a breath of fresh air in the sport, has also proven what many suspected that vettel wasn't in that top group of drivers despite the titles... The benchmark at the moment is alonso, Hamilton is at that level .. I think Ricardo may be, I'd love to see him in the same car as one of the other 2

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Nelson Piquet attempting to be humorous or wind up Hamilton?

I think it was a piss poor attempt at humour :lol:

I'm sure Mercedes cost Hamilton the win there, or something.

It doesn't change too much before Abu Dhabi though.

Archived