To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

Mikey1874

Comments and concerns on the AGM (Accounts) thread are

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?365429-Notice-of-AGM/page3

- Going from 'debt free' to owing £5.75 million to the Gordons

- Not being entirely sure money has been spent well. This is perhaps a good summary

The debt to Bydand was around £2m in the last published accounts (up to the end of June 2022). I think this was spent on the big screens, LED banners, perhaps some players? Since then we've had the money invested in the hospitality, Solar panels on the East Stand (and at the training centre?), new floodlights, new hybrid pitch and fees spent on Vente, Youan and Levitt (anywhere up to £2m rumoured).

- overall lack of transparency

- They do seem to understand debt to equity (shares) is a good deal, subject to ownership of everything being a risk and risks of more debt and being on constant wheel of overspending. Some think this is linked to Foley investment and ensures Gordons maintain their share level. Realise the SFA deal limits Foley doing debt for equity.

- Summer transfer window will be mega £millions

This has to be the favourite though

Originally Posted by matty_f:
We had ages to buy those shares from STF, but folk campaigned against HSL and the share issue, people didn’t buy into it (literally and figuratively)
We had an open goal with a tap-in if we wanted to safeguard the club and all buy shares but we ****ed it.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Buy shite, buy twice 🤷‍♂️

Or in Hibs case; buy shite, buy 8 or 9 times. 

(Honestly struggling to think of the last time their manager actually did OK... Lennon? Stubbs?)

Those two definitely, both had “issues” also though obviously 😆.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Even then Lennon was grossly overrated. His biggest achievement with them was finishing 4th, even with their apparent world beating side they had when they went through their spell of "dominating" us.

That aeroplane celebration after nicking a draw with Rangers summed him up really. Way over the top, much like how highly their daft fans rated him.  

Finishing 4th as the newly promoted side isn't bad going to be fair. Not quite third like we did, but still.

So its either Lennon for getting promoted and finishing 4th the year after, or Stubbs for winning the cup - depends what you feel is the better achievement. If you go with Lennon they've changed 10 times since him, if Stubbs its 11 times:

(Stubbs)

(Lennon)

Eddie May

Paul Heckingbottom

Eddie May again

Jack Ross

David Gray

Shaun Maloney

David Gray again

Lee Johnson

David Gray again

Nick Montgomery

So its buy shite, buy 11 times :D 

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Those two definitely, both had “issues” also though obviously 😆.

Aye well Stubbs left them for the mighty Rotherham didn't he; and then Lennon made Kamberi greet in a team meeting and his Auntie Leanne went mental at him for it... 

They couldn't have hid those accounts on their website any better if they'd tried :lol:

wentworth jambo
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

- Not being entirely sure money has been spent well. This is perhaps a good summary

The debt to Bydand was around £2m in the last published accounts (up to the end of June 2022). I think this was spent on the big screens, LED banners, perhaps some players? Since then we've had the money invested in the hospitality, Solar panels on the East Stand (and at the training centre?), new floodlights, new hybrid pitch and fees spent on Vente, Youan and Levitt (anywhere up to £2m rumoured).

- They do seem to understand debt to equity (shares) is a good deal, subject to ownership of everything being a risk and risks of more debt and being on constant wheel of overspending. Some think this is linked to Foley investment and ensures Gordons maintain their share level. Realise the SFA deal limits Foley doing debt for equity.

We had ages to buy those shares from STF, but folk campaigned against HSL and the share issue, people didn’t buy into it (literally and figuratively)
We had an open goal with a tap-in if we wanted to safeguard the club and all buy shares but we ****ed it.

...Hibsed it ?? 🤣😜

RustyRightPeg
20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Rather amusing isn't it.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

Surely Full Monty has some time? He just joined not that long ago 😂

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye well Stubbs left them for the mighty Rotherham didn't he; and then Lennon made Kamberi greet in a team meeting and his Auntie Leanne went mental at him for it... 

The female physio left before Stubbs, coincidentally. 
Poor Kamberi 😆

7 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

He should. He should be given to this summer to get a transfer window and pre season to rebuild the squad. Get rid of the all dead wood they've carried for too long.

That way he can take them into next season and have a proper go at winning the championship. 

Pasquale for King

Wouldn’t surprise me if they went for Robinson next, or some yoof coach from Bournemouth. 

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Presumably this is rather strong evidence that made up crowd figures don't pay the bills.

Is anyone able to compare our gate revenue to Hibs for last year?

They don't break their turnover down very well, total turnover c £12.4m and in the breakdown it's almost all lumped under 'Football Revenue' aside from £25k interest income.

Our total turnover was £20.8m and we do break it down a bit more granularly:

Gate receipts £6.2m

Sponsorship and advertising £1.2m

Broadcasting rights £0.4m

Commercial £5.2m

UEFA solidarity and prize money £7.4m

Other operating income £0.4m

Footballfirst

Hibs post a £3.8m overall loss and a £6.9m operating loss in their latest accounts (for the year to 30 June, 2023). Turnover is £12.4m with £3.2m from player sales. Total wages and salary costs £10m. Wages to turnover ratio is 81%.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
41 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The question is not when they punt Monty but which ancient English manager will the Americian franchise owners replace Monty with .

Is Ron Atkinson still available or maybe maybe Mick Channon 🤔 

Graeme Rix?

Selkirkhmfc1874

Tik tok , after way they were towards us when we were in administration and the vote in covid times I'm looking forward to sitting smug as fcuk with popcorn watching this all unfold 

Something that struck me when looking at their accounts is that as at 30/6/22 they had a cash balance of c.£5.2m yet as at 30.6.23 only c.£2.1m.  I would have expected more than that given that they will have their ST income reflected in the cash total at the end of June.  Deferred Income in the current accounts is £4.2m which I'd think was predominantly reflecting ST sales so it appears as if they've burned a hell of a lot of cash unless I'm reading things wrongly.

Maybe someone with a better grasp of accounting than me could shed some light.

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

81% wages to turnover seems very high. What was our figure? 

Ours is 74%, which might also seem high, but ignores the fact that we have other funding sources over and above turnover from FOH and the Benefactors

The commercial side for us is great but we really need to start bringing in money from player sales.  This is bread and butter for a top flight club.  The only way to do this is improving our youth set up and better recruitment.

ToadKiller Dog
7 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Graeme Rix?

Good shout 

He's now at Fareham Town in the wessex premier league .

So the right level but not sure they could afford to buy out his contract lookingbat those finances  😆 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Good shout 

He's now at Fareham Town in the wessex premier league .

So the right level but not sure they could afford to buy out his contract lookingbat those finances  😆 

He's also got experience of absent owners, and working within a pyramid.

:sadrobbo:

Famous 1874
5 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Ours is 74%, which might also seem high, but ignores the fact that we have other funding sources over and above turnover from FOH and the Benefactors

Ah nice one, so in reality it’s a fair bit lower 

Famous 1874
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The commercial side for us is great but we really need to start bringing in money from player sales.  This is bread and butter for a top flight club.  The only way to do this is improving our youth set up and better recruitment.

I wonder if we might shed a couple in the summer. 

Cochrane and Rowles spring to mind. Then try to get some sort of fee on the likes of Sibbick 

Footballfirst

Their CEO received £327k + a £25k pension contribution as his remuneration.  That's almost a Neil Doncaster level of excess.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Their CEO received £327k + a £25k pension contribution as his remuneration.  That's almost a Neil Doncaster level of excess.

Kensell?!

22 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Hibs post a £3.8m overall loss and a £6.9m operating loss in their latest accounts (for the year to 30 June, 2023). Turnover is £12.4m with £3.2m from player sales. Total wages and salary costs £10m. Wages to turnover ratio is 81%.

81% included government furlough contribution too if I am reading correctly.

21 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

On the back of those appalling accounting figures and little to no success on-field, that salary is hard to justify surely. Does not dissuade me from the view that the C-levels at Hibs are there for the money and little else.  

Mikey1874
25 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

81% wages to turnover seems very high. 

They say it's currently less than that now.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The question is not when they punt Monty but which ancient English manager will the Americian franchise owners replace Monty with .

Is Ron Atkinson still available or maybe maybe Mick Channon 🤔 

Big Sam?

Montgomery Brewster
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Tick Tock you ****ing Hibs *****.

Pleasing 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

After the last few results, shouldn't that be "Fool Monty"

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, leginten said:

A hammering tomorrow against Celtic might not seal his fate. But a Cup exit in Inverness at the weekend certainly would.

Where did I put that popcorn?

That would be glorious and also a little sad. If they bump Monty surely by the law of averages they will end up with someone who has a little bit of a clue.

(Not sad about them getting pumped out the cup by the way, that's a given)

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Tik tok , after way they were towards us when we were in administration and the vote in covid times I'm looking forward to sitting smug as fcuk with popcorn watching this all unfold 

100%

I would be over the moon if they went to the wall.

Don't care about the derby, completed it on 19/5/2012

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

glad to see that when I guessed that the total wage bill difference between us would be £5 million but it’s actually £5.4m 🤣

To that hibs ***** who challenged me and who accused me of making up number ✋🏻🖕🏻not a bad guess eh you welt 

edit : just so not misinterpreted that was not directed at FF 🤣

Edited by kingantti1874

RustyRightPeg
54 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Do not believe that. Vente, Levitt, Youan to name a few. Astronomical wage to contribution ratio.

kingantti1874
57 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

the signed about 10 players, have spend decent fees on at least 3 of them. (Ellie, Levitt and Bente) have had no big player sales this season and no European football to look forward to this time around.

id say this foley investment is a necessity otherwise they are in deep shit.  

fan ****ing tastic

AC Mallin_51

£10m on wages for that sorry lot. But at least they’re having a laugh at our hotel 😂🤣🤣

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

£10m on wages for that sorry lot. But at least they’re having a laugh at our hotel 😂🤣🤣

While we're opening hotel to increase revenue streams they're spunking money down the leith canal , very very pleasing 

No s***

Craigieboy

The boy Kensel paying himself north of £350 000 is absolutely delicious. 

😂

How the **** is he getting away with that?

3 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Crazy... people having go at Savage really need to step back and have a look at whats happening at hibs.

Gundermann

Turnover at Easter Road rose slightly to £12.4m but staff costs account for just over £10m and the wage to turnover ratio has increased by 10% to to 81%.

The Edinburgh club say the figures "fall short of our goals".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68217871

That's what they do... 😆

RustyRightPeg

Do you not think we're starting to see that? 

Or would you rather focus on the negative, as usual?

Mikey1874

The transfer fees pretty much confirm the fees for Nisbet and Doig were what were posted on JKB not the overly optimistic Hibs fans. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

the signed about 10 players, have spend decent fees on at least 3 of them. (Ellie, Levitt and Bente) have had no big player sales this season and no European football to look forward to this time around.

id say this foley investment is a necessity otherwise they are in deep shit.  

fan ****ing tastic

No expert, but those accounts are indicative, to me, at least, of the reason why Hibs' board were so keen/desperate to sign up to any deal to raise c£6m no matter what it meant to the fortunes of the football team. I'd suggest that the Gordon's were only interested in saving/protecting their investment in the club and not in the least interested in finding a deal to finance on-field improvements during their negotiations with Foley. Strictly business.

'The club continues to hold significant sell-on clauses for these sales, as well as Scottish international Ryan Porteous, and therefore feels strong regarding the performance of player trading during the year.'

ah its ok then, the sell on clauses will soon see them rolling in it again soon !!!

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

No expert, but those accounts are indicative, to me, at least, of the reason why Hibs' board were so keen/desperate to sign up to any deal to raise c£6m no matter what it meant to the fortunes of the football team. I'd suggest that the Gordon's were only interested in saving/protecting their investment in the club and not in the least interested in finding a deal to finance on-field improvements during their negotiations with Foley. Strictly business.

That’s my take as well. 

hereford_hearts
46 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

That would be glorious and also a little sad. If they bump Monty surely by the law of averages they will end up with someone who has a little bit of a clue.

(Not sad about them getting pumped out the cup by the way, that's a given)

Law of averages. Take a look at the list of their last eleven managers. It's like a who's whos of underachieving gobshites. They all talked a good game at the start, enough to convince the management to employ them. 

I would love to know how much hibs have paid in compensation/gardening leave for the last eleven managers employed by them!