To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

It really is quite comical over there. Thread upon thread of doom, gloom, rage and tears. “Monty” really isn’t a fans favourite 😂

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

superjack
7 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Livi won’t catch Hibs solely down to Livi not scoring goals, not because Hibs are good. If Livi had the ability to score some goals here and there then things could get interesting. However Livi and Hibs are both pish.

Hibs into the playoff spot. Apparently they've ended the season there previously. Partick to then pump them in the playoff.

Wee Mikey

Having watched their, ahem, 'highlights' both of the goals (let's ignore the pen) were shockers.

Witnessing that must put the fear of Gawd into their support for what's to come.

Playing 3 newly signed players who haven't even begun to be able to gel was 'asking for it', and they got what was coming. It's bad enough introducing just one new player into a starting 11.

So, for any Hibbies looking in, I have a question.

Did Monty have any say over whether or not to start these new recruits?

If it was his decision, then it casts doubt over his abilities.

If he was 'told' then the game truly is a bogey for them.

Either way their points haul over the last x number of games has been relegation standard.

It gives us a chuckle, for sure. But, as things stand it's looking very much like there's only one derby left this season*.

if our absent international players come back with gusto? If we play with the determination we've shown? If they turn up and perform as they have done recently?

OMG!!!

This up-coming home derby may very well be the one that our younger supporters will quote for decades as being:-

"I Wuz There."

* a cup derby notwithstanding. 🤣

Mikey1874

Hibs league fixtures before the break

Celtic (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Dundee (H)

Hearts (A)

Ross County (H)

Ross County (A)

Livingston (H)

Rangers (A)

St Johnsone (H)

Motherwell (A)

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
3 minutes ago, superjack said:

Hibs into the playoff spot. Apparently they've ended the season there previously. Partick to then pump them in the playoff.

That would be beautiful.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Dundee (H)

Hearts (A)

Ross County (H)

Ross County (A)

Livingston (H)

Rangers (A)

St Johnsone (H)

Motherwell (A)

ross county and Livingston aside. That looks bleak for them 

3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Having watched their, ahem, 'highlights' both of the goals (let's ignore the pen) were shockers.

Witnessing that must put the fear of Gawd into their support for what's to come.

Playing 3 newly signed players who haven't even begun to be able to gel was 'asking for it', and they got what was coming. It's bad enough introducing just one new player into a starting 11.

Either way their points haul over the last x number of games has been relegation standard.

It gives us a chuckle, for sure. But, as things stand it's looking very much like there's only one derby left this season*.

if our absent international players come back with gusto? If we play with the determination we've shown? If they turn up and perform as they have done recently?

OMG!!!

This up-coming home derby may very well be the one that our younger supporters will quote for decades as being:-

"I Wuz There."

Line-up came through on the Foleyfax machine.

Wee Mikey
12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

ross county and Livingston aside. That looks bleak for them 

Time for H1b5 fans to reflect, methinks.

I now imagine them longing for the glory days when Butcher's Green and White Army were going to lead them to the promised land.

Screenshot_20240204_124036_Google.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

Mikey1874

.net going be in lockdown for months in a few weeks if the new players carry on like they've never played football before.

12 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

It really is quite comical over there. Thread upon thread of doom, gloom, rage and tears. “Monty” really isn’t a fans favourite 😂

They are all over the shop on a few threads it’s fantastic reading. 

Particular highlight is one of them saying let Foley bring in his own man as a replacement for Monty Python.

Their head is so far in the sand it’s incredible.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
22 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Livi won’t catch Hibs solely down to Livi not scoring goals, not because Hibs are good. If Livi had the ability to score some goals here and there then things could get interesting. However Livi and Hibs are both pish.

Wasn't suggesting Livi will likely catch Hibs, merely rubbing it in that we're as close to Celtic as Livi are to Hibs, and while it would be foolish to say we might catch up with Celtic it's less certain that Livi won't catch Hibs. It's a p*ss take, not something to open a discussion over.

davie1980

Just watched their highlights.

They're proper Will Fish. Their defence in the first half at home was shocking.

Wee Mikey
10 minutes ago, Rods said:

Particular highlight is one of them saying let Foley bring in his own man as a replacement for Monty Python.

Now, that's what I call an inspired moniker.

Our undercover .net agents should orchestrate a bombardment of mocking spam posts.

ToadKiller Dog
27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Dundee (H)

Hearts (A)

Ross County (H)

Ross County (A)

Livingston (H)

Rangers (A)

St Johnsone (H)

Motherwell (A)

10 pts at very most and thats being generous on current form.

They still have to vote the Foley deal through at their AGM. Let’s hope they do, masters of their own demise. Never change hibs, never change. Please.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
31 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Wasn't suggesting Livi will likely catch Hibs, merely rubbing it in that we're as close to Celtic as Livi are to Hibs, and while it would be foolish to say we might catch up with Celtic it's less certain that Livi won't catch Hibs. It's a p*ss take, not something to open a discussion over.

Shagger, I wasn’t suggesting you were suggesting that Livi could catch Hibs 😉

Agreed, boss. Hibs are gash :)

10 minutes ago, sac said:

They still have to vote the Foley deal through at their AGM. Let’s hope they do, masters of their own demise. Never change hibs, never change. Please.

They will not have any say as a fan base , it will be down to the Gordon kids really  and it is glaringly obvious that they would happily sell them to Satan himself just to get shot of the cement block chained to their ankle . They want out and to just wash their hands of the whole inheritance draining basket case . They are an actual laughing stock now and it is just glorious 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Shagger, I wasn’t suggesting you were suggesting that Livi could catch Hibs 😉

Agreed, boss. Hibs are gash :)

???

:oohmatron:

Wee Mikey

The H1b5 can stick their Speccy Duo twins 'Sunshine on Leith' sing-a-long U-Know-Where. 😉

Here's a classic that sums up how I'm feeling right now.

I like a wee musical time-out, so I do.

jambo mark
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Dundee (H)

Hearts (A)

Ross County (H)

Ross County (A)

Livingston (H)

Rangers (A)

St Johnsone (H)

Motherwell (A)

1. They will get humped at Parkhead, as the Celtic fans will be a baying mob after letting rangers into the title race. No points.

2. Neil Warnock will get Aberdeen organised, and not doubt get a new manager bounce. No points.

3. I’ll be kind here and give them 3 points, realistically 1. 3 points

4. No chance against the famous, as we march on to 3rd. 0 points. 

That makes the back-back double header against Ross County massive for them. It could really drag them into a playoff battle. 

Celtic (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Dundee (H)

Hearts (A)

Ross County (H)

Ross County (A)

Livingston (H)

Rangers (A)

St Johnsone (H)

Motherwell (A)

I predict they'll get one point from their next four fixtures. Two more wins and a draw from thre remaining ones  - 8 points would see them close to 11th.

superjack

Just finished watching hobs highlights. 🤣🤣🤣

If they don't improve quite quick, the play offs may be calling.

1 hour ago, Rods said:

Foley said "this is a fun investment for us". He's not gonna spend big to bring a good coach in. 

Monty is a well-regarded coach, was not interested in the Hibs job and looks very much like a rabbit caught in the headlights regretting being talked into taking the position.

Gorgierools
1 hour ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

10 pts at very most and thats being generous on current form.

I'm seeing a probable 7

Celtic (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Dundee (H)

Hearts (A)

Ross County (H)

Ross County (A)

Livingston (H)

Rangers (A)

St Johnsone (H)

Motherwell (A)

L

L

L

L

W

L

W

L

D

L

Popcorn ready 

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

OMG!!!

"I Wuz There."

The bit about him picking them seems to have gone unmentioned over the road. No chance any coach is putting that combination unless he has too or he’s useless! I doubt Bournemouth and co are not loaning that shit show players if they’re not getting full game time. We’ll see who plays midweek that’ll tell a story.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Dundee (H)

Hearts (A)

Ross County (H)

Ross County (A)

Livingston (H)

Rangers (A)

St Johnsone (H)

Motherwell (A)

Very poss they're looking at 4 straight defeats 😁👌

Gorgierools
3 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Yep. Pull up a seat and get the popcorn Mary doll. This is going to be interesting 😁😁

Skivingatwork

They’ll be delighted that their parent club are currently winning. Holding up the red and black side of their half and half scarf.

16 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

They’ll be delighted that their parent club are currently winning. Holding up the red and black side of their half and half scarf.

Then lower it when the parent club hibs' it 

highlandjambo3
15 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

😂😂😂

IMG_2035.jpeg

Yes…..reminds me of when I took my grandson to be a mascot…..except we won 6-1…..mutants.

IMG_0055.jpeg

Saw this on Twitter. I'm not sure if this is half time, but a very grim sight if you're Hibs.. 

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Saw this on Twitter. I'm not sure if this is half time, but a very grim sight if you're Hibs.. 

89th minute on the screen.

6 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Better eyes than me! Totally missed that :D 

1874robbo
1 hour ago, jambo mark said:

1. They will get humped at Parkhead, as the Celtic fans will be a baying mob after letting rangers into the title race. No points.

2. Neil Warnock will get Aberdeen organised, and not doubt get a new manager bounce. No points.

3. I’ll be kind here and give them 3 points, realistically 1. 3 points

4. No chance against the famous, as we march on to 3rd. 0 points. 

That makes the back-back double header against Ross County massive for them. It could really drag them into a playoff battle. 

They’re at home v Celtic 

not that it’ll make any real difference 

5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

They’re at home v Celtic 

not that it’ll make any real difference 

I predict they’ll do their usual and up their game hugely against Celtic. Proclaim it as them turning the corner and “the real Hibs being back” followed by a return to being pish the next game. 

Vlad Magic

There is every possibility that before the end of the season Hibs could be on the receiving end of an embarrassing scoreline. Like a 6,7 or 8 nill.

Fingers crossed it’s us that do them 🤞

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

That can’t be correct. Friday they were going to be going on a tear and narrow the 16 point gap to 3 or some weird thing.

1 hour ago, feej said:

Just watched Hibs, absolutely honking.

Defence all over the shop and soft as....

If they put in a performance anything like that in midweek they could be absolutely slaughtered.

queensferryjambo
3 hours ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

The truth is Monty is the culmination of a pile of terrible managerial recruitments and player recruitment.

His win ratio is better than Maloney and slightly less than Wee Lee and Heckingbottom.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

I read today bizarrely Brenda has never won a game at ER. That will change next game surely. 

17 minutes ago, RobNox said:

If they put in a performance anything like that in midweek they could be absolutely slaughtered.

Lol, lets hope they do. If I was a Hibs fan I would be totally bemused as to why they haven't brought in an experienced centre back, keystone cops in defence.

My Hibby mates all want Monty and their dof sacked.

Edited by feej

Helter Skelter

Was speaking to an agent last week. He described Easter Road as a ‘circus’. Their DOF was in touch with him regarding a couple of players identified by him and their manager. Talks began and then the rug was pulled. Other players have since arrived in the positions his players played. It was his assumption those above the manager/dof were the decision makers here.

I doubt this shambles will receive the media scrutiny it would if it were us. Not that I’m particularly unhappy about that. They’re sleep walking into oblivion and too thick to see it.

avhudtheteeshirt
2 hours ago, Australis said:

Did think they would have to sack Montgomery today.

Surprised they haven't.

I thought about that, but by my calculation, they will have spent about the same amount on sacking managers than they paid for Vente in recent times?????

No wonder they are bringing in loan players!!!

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

We're they not the first to have screen / scoreboard ? Another first that backfired. 

Percival King
9 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

We're they not the first to have screen / scoreboard ? Another first that backfired. 

And they put it on the roof of the seated enclosure (where the Famous Five stand now is) so home fans at that end couldn't see it, but away fans could. Seemed odd, even at the time.