To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

Tommy Brown
24 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

the slide down is amazing  only 2 points from last 24 available this has Butcheresque or even Duffy Jim style all over it

I make it 1 win 2 draws in last 8.

The beat Livi 1-0

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, OTT said:

Saw this on Twitter. I'm not sure if this is half time, but a very grim sight if you're Hibs.. 

75000 in attendance 

Kjell Olofsson

Next up for H1b5 is a slightly wounded Celtic! They should really bring Hanlon and Stevenson back for this match to help in defence......:robboyas:

5 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

For sure, that would herald rainy days for them ...

They don't deserve a Kinks song, but this might be appropriate, should your prediction come to pass ...

Kinks Rainy Day in June:-

if you're going for a kinks tune, then "death of a clown" is probably more appropriate 

Edited by Gav M

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I make it 1 win 2 draws in last 8.

The beat Livi 1-0

You are correct, 5 points from 24 for them, while we have 22 points from our last 8 games.

1 hour ago, Kjell Olofsson said:

Next up for H1b5 is a slightly wounded Celtic! They should really bring Hanlon and Stevenson back for this match to help in defence......:robboyas:

I'm sure the teenage nobodies they signed in the January window will put Celtic to the sword, either that or they'll get a dry ride they'll never forget.

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, Kjell Olofsson said:

Listening to Montgomery on the BBC podcast he sounds a goner. Don’t think he has a choice in who plays. Foley has a fax machine and is picking who plays. You don’t get £6M without strings attached. 

manaliveits105
12 hours ago, OTT said:

Saw this on Twitter. I'm not sure if this is half time, but a very grim sight if you're Hibs.. 

Monty's rats desert 

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

I'm sure the teenage nobodies they signed in the January window will put Celtic to the sword, either that or they'll get a dry ride they'll never forget.

🤣🤣

16 hours ago, OTT said:

Clearly 19000 there...

empty seats. 

10 hours ago, TurboT said:

It was the reason that Butcher didn't get another job for ages (if at all) after being sacked by Hibs, I recall one interview with him and he was actually in his garden, all the while being paid by Hibs

😂brilliant 👍

scott herbertson

May be significant that Hibs have not declared their attendance on Saturday. Fascinated to see their financials when they are issued (probably in March)

6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Monty's rats desert 

Well played sir.👏

Gundermann
54 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

May be significant that Hibs have not declared their attendance on Saturday. Fascinated to see their financials when they are issued (probably in March)

13k apparently. Must have spent a fair bit opening all 4 stands and stewarding swathes of empty seats. Yon billionaires £6m is already going to Group4 Security...

cosanostra
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Joe Newall Interview after game he looked and sounded shell-shocked.

What an absolute penis of a man he is. Always trying to play the hard man, his dive in the cup semi where Kevin Hibs'd-it missed the penalty and the way he screams like a girl whenever he's tackled.

He's absolutely shite as well. I've heard how great he is from the few vermin I tolerate enough to listen to but I've yet to see him play a decent game against anyone.

10 hours ago, Kjell Olofsson said:

After seeing their new recruits v St Mirren I think they have actually somehow got even worse defenders than Hanlon and Stevenson.

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

What an absolute penis of a man he is. Always trying to play the hard man, his dive in the cup semi where Kevin Hibs'd-it missed the penalty and the way he screams like a girl whenever he's tackled.

He's absolutely shite as well. I've heard how great he is from the few vermin I tolerate enough to listen to but I've yet to see him play a decent game against anyone.

He's pish.

He's catching up with Hanlon and Stevenson in the serial loser category. 

If he was right footed he'd be playing National League in England. 

They are having their AGM

I see they have shareholder loan debts totalling nearly six million pounds ……. that magic little number again

Looks to me like they have been running up debt to try and compete in the Premiership and cups and this has been covered by loans from the Gordons . Now Foley is going to come in and give the Gordons six million for their shares and the loans will be transformed in to shares

Am I getting this correct ? Not a financial wiz

IMG_6145.jpeg

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I see they have shareholder loan debts totalling nearly six million pounds ……. that magic little number again

Looks to me like they have been running up debt to try and compete in the Premiership and cups and this has been covered by loans from the Gordons . Now Foley is going to come in and give the Gordons six million for their shares and the loans will be transformed in to shares

IMG_6145.jpeg

Had a look at this aswell and in the same boat on not being a company expert.

It certainly seems as though the loans are going to be paid back in shares and the shares are being sold to Foley's group. 

1 minute ago, Rods said:

Had a look at this aswell and in the same boat on not being a company expert.

It certainly seems as though the loans are going to be paid back in shares and the shares are being sold to Foley's group. 

That is how I understood it too . Basically the Gordons and Kensell made an absolute shanner of their time in charge and picked up the bill for their going over budget each season and now that six million “ investment “ has been reached and breached and they just want the **** out with their inheritance intact . Foley comes in and buys the six million debt off them in the form of shares and the Gordons start to shuffle towards the exit door ? Is that right ? I always remember being told to follow the money with things like this and I am sure the initial “ investment “ by the Gordons was reported as being six million . Now Foley is coming in and putting in six million . So basically the Gordons used six million to cover their incompetent efforts to play money ball, and now they are getting their cash back on that loan and Foley will now take the wheel 

Bull's-eye

Looking more and more like the Hibernians are going to be forced to spend within their means and if by chance they unearth a gem he'll be snapped up by one of the "group" for a tenner.

Oh dear Hibs, what have you done !

Des Lynam
21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

IMG_6145.jpeg

The share dilution is the final nail in the HSL dream. 

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That is how I understood it too . Basically the Gordons and Kensell made an absolute shanner of their time in charge and picked up the bill for their going over budget each season and now that six million “ investment “ has been reached and breached and they just want the **** out with their inheritance intact . Foley comes in and buys the six million debt off them in the form of shares and the Gordons start to shuffle towards the exit door ? Is that right ? I always remember being told to follow the money with things like this and I am sure the initial “ investment “ by the Gordons was reported as being six million . Now Foley is coming in and putting in six million . So basically the Gordons used six million to cover their incompetent efforts to play money ball, and now they are getting their cash back on that loan and Foley will now take the wheel 

That certainly seems to be the case. I suspect that the pipe dreams of big investments in players and infrastructure will be just that, pipe dreams. What they will get is an influx of players on short term loans. I wonder how long it will take Foley to come to the conclusion that he has a basket case on his hands.

ToadKiller Dog

Foley wants hibs to punt Monty .

I hear after watching "a shot at glory" Foley part owner of hibs has been pushing the Gordon's to get Robert Duval in as head coach . They already turned down his demand to get Mike Bassett in.

RustyRightPeg
32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

IMG_6145.jpeg

They're now flapping because they can't work out the numbers 🤣

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Don't the Gordon's own the stadium now?

5 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Foley wants hibs to punt Monty .

I hear after watching "a shot at glory" Foley part owner of hibs has been pushing the Gordon's to get Robert Duval in as head coach . They already turned down his demand to get Mike Bassett in.

Approached Ted Lasso, but he turned them down on account of being a good lad and Hibs being ned fodder.

TexasAndy

We've tried the 6 or 7 January loans, it didn't work out for us and not sure it will for Hibs either.  

1 minute ago, TexasAndy said:

We've tried the 6 or 7 January loans, it didn't work out for us and not sure it will for Hibs either.  

TBF Hibs once reached a cup final with a team of loanees...

RustyRightPeg

Monty is flapping sadly.

His interview after the game on Saturday was flat. He said he was forced to play the new Aussie cb as he's short there currently, and then name dropped Paul Hanlon as an absentee (someone he apparently said could leave if an offer came in).

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Monty is flapping sadly.

His interview after the game on Saturday was flat. He said he was forced to play the new Aussie cb as he's short there currently, and then name dropped Paul Hanlon as an absentee (someone he apparently said could leave if an offer came in).

Ambitious :lol: 

TexasAndy
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

TBF Hibs once reached a cup final with a team of loanees...

That's very true.  Their starting line up wage bill was at least as big as ours if not more that day which is not the story you get from Welsh, Brookmyre etc....

10 minutes ago, briever said:

Yup. I could be wrong, but Im sure it’s protected as well so when Hibs go tits up, they can sell the stadium and still have assets

Great for the owners. Not for Hibs.

No Idle Talk

The momentum is still with Hibs remember. Massive points swing in their favour incoming. Personally I am bricking it. 

55 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Looking more and more like the Hibernians are going to be forced to spend within their means and if by chance they unearth a gem he'll be snapped up by one of the "group" for a tenner.

Oh dear Hibs, what have you done !

I am probably missing something as I am no expert but ……….. that appears to be what this is all about to me 

55 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

The share dilution is the final nail in the HSL dream. 

I mean it was already pathetic and on life support but yes 

51 minutes ago, Deevers said:

That certainly seems to be the case. I suspect that the pipe dreams of big investments in players and infrastructure will be just that, pipe dreams. What they will get is an influx of players on short term loans. I wonder how long it will take Foley to come to the conclusion that he has a basket case on his hands.

I think he knows they are a basket case and he just wants to use them as a place to put players and money when it suits his plans for Bournemouth

44 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I will check again later but they must surely see the relevance of this perpetual six million 

42 minutes ago, briever said:

The Gordon’s have a floating charge over absolutely everything Hibs own . Hibs are now almost six million in hooky to them and that debt is now being transformed in to Foley investment I think 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
54 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

That's very true.  Their starting line up wage bill was at least as big as ours if not more that day which is not the story you get from Welsh, Brookmyre etc....

Christopher Brookmyre? He's a St Mirren fan, did he have a lot to say about the 2012 Cup final? 🤔

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
41 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

The momentum is still with Hibs remember. Massive points swing in their favour incoming. Personally I am bricking it. 

I was bricking it at first but not now 😂

Jack Torrance

They're soon gonna need a saviour. Someone like the Whyte Knight. If only he wasn't still banned from owning a football club.

67c68e488338782ad65cc37625dbd099-2-1021x576.jpg.b9b85c07a638a725e091ecc263542b0e.jpg

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

It looks like the gordons have converted 3.1m of the loan facility into shares (DFE) to keep their own holding up now that the new shares have been given to the BK consortium. The smaller shareholders will have their shares diluted ie HSL and a few others. The gordons are sacrificing smaller shareholders to entice the BK group and not themselves. 

It also seems that BK group are getting 25% of the company for a whopping 1.4m which seems very low.

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

If only they hadn't had all their lap-tops nicked. 🤭

scott herbertson

I'm not an expert either but it sounds like their shares are being further diluted by a large share issue. I understand from Hibs net this will give  Foley 25% and Bydand 61%. A key issue will be whether the combined shareholdings of the Gordons and Foley get to 90%. If so then from what I understand it would be possible for someone to take over that 90% share (eg by the Gordon's and  Foley selling to the same person - perhaps someone/ company which has 4% now)  allowing them to buy out the other shareholders and then they can do what they like with the assets. there may be some protections in law against this -perhaps someone more knowledgeable can clarify?

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

I'm not exactly being Nostrodamus here, but I'll be amazed if Hanlon & Stevenson don't start for them in the Tynie derby.

The sad fact, not for us, is that going on H1b5' performance on Sat it seems like they've pulled an evil rabbit out of the hat and managed to downgrade.

That's quite the acheivement, so it is.

Des Lynam
25 minutes ago, Rods said:

It looks like the gordons have converted 3.1m of the loan facility into shares (DFE) to keep their own holding up now that the new shares have been given to the BK consortium. The smaller shareholders will have their shares diluted ie HSL and a few others. The gordons are sacrificing smaller shareholders to entice the BK group and not themselves. 

It also seems that BK group are getting 25% of the company for a whopping 1.4m which seems very low.

The debt for equity numbers don't make sense.