To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

henrysmithsgloves
1 minute ago, hereford_hearts said:

Law of averages. Take a look at the list of their last eleven managers. It's like a who's whos of underachieving gobshites. They all talked a good game at the start, enough to convince the management to employ them. 

I would love to know how much hibs have paid in compensation/gardening leave for the last eleven managers employed by them! 

Brilliant isn't it😁

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Hibs post a £3.8m overall loss and a £6.9m operating loss in their latest accounts (for the year to 30 June, 2023). Turnover is £12.4m with £3.2m from player sales. Total wages and salary costs £10m. Wages to turnover ratio is 81%.

Question - without player trading are they reporting that turnover would have been £9.2m and this their wage bill alone would have been in excess of 100% of turnover ? 

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

'The club continues to hold significant sell-on clauses for these sales, as well as Scottish international Ryan Porteous, and therefore feels strong regarding the performance of player trading during the year.'

ah its ok then, the sell on clauses will soon see them rolling in it again soon !!!

Yep. It's gone from Billy boys billions to hoping and praying ex players have respectable careers.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Question - without player trading are they reporting that turnover would have been £9.2m and this their wage bill alone would have been in excess of 100% of turnover ? 

Without the player sales they'd be in serious bother.

Halliphax

How do I contact the Gorgie Ultras to commission a “tick tock” banner for the next derby? 

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Purely out of interest, can anyone say how many of their Bournemouth 'stars' were involved in Saturday's flair/sh*t show?

vegas-voss

They are still of the belief this group are going to fling millions at them every season.The guy doesn't even spend his own money on Bournemouth it's loans 🤣

soonbe110
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

No, gain/loss on player sales is not  part of the turnover number 

Kiss my badge
2 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The question is not when they punt Monty but which ancient English manager will the Americian franchise owners replace Monty with .

Is Ron Atkinson still available or maybe maybe Mick Channon 🤔 

Wayne Rooney is available, and for some reason American owner's seem to love him.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No, gain/loss on player sales is not  part of the turnover number 

I thought that as well  this statement

“ £12.4m with £3.2m from player sales.”

seemed to suggest it has been included

Edited by kingantti1874

soonbe110
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

I thought that as well it this statement

Haven’t looked at their accounts but player sales not usually part of turnover 

Dallas Green

The bit about having significant sell on clauses only works if their players are sold on. Imagine holding out for that.

Just now, Dallas Green said:

The bit about having significant sell on clauses only works if their players are sold on. Imagine holding out for that.

Hard luck on them if they go to the end of their contract at their new club them move on. lol.

Mikey1874
6 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Purely out of interest, can anyone say how many of their Bournemouth 'stars' were involved in Saturday's flair/sh*t show?

Marcondes, their big hope started game and played the 90 minutes. 

Moriah-Welsh came on for Levitt at half time.

Owen Bevan not in squad.

soonbe110
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I thought that as well  this statement

No it isn’t.  They made a £7m trading loss offset by the £3.2m gain on player sales. 

Guess The Crowd
2 hours ago, RobNox said:

Something that struck me when looking at their accounts is that as at 30/6/22 they had a cash balance of c.£5.2m yet as at 30.6.23 only c.£2.1m.  I would have expected more than that given that they will have their ST income reflected in the cash total at the end of June.  Deferred Income in the current accounts is £4.2m which I'd think was predominantly reflecting ST sales so it appears as if they've burned a hell of a lot of cash unless I'm reading things wrongly.

Maybe someone with a better grasp of accounting than me could shed some light.

You’re correct about the ST tickets sold in advance being included in cash / deferred income - but that would also apply the previous June. Consequently why the cash reduction of £3m in the year is broadly in line with their loss. Trust that makes sense. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
2 hours ago, Bauld said:

He should. He should be given to this summer to get a transfer window and pre season to rebuild the squad. Get rid of the all dead wood they've carried for too long.

That way he can take them into next season and have a proper go at winning the championship. 

😂😂😂😂 ye had me chuckling there.

5 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Porteous doesn’t seem to get a start for Watford now, so the likelihood of him being sold on for megabucks appears remote.

stevie1874
32 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

'The club continues to hold significant sell-on clauses for these sales, as well as Scottish international Ryan Porteous, and therefore feels strong regarding the performance of player trading during the year.'

ah its ok then, the sell on clauses will soon see them rolling in it again soon !!!

They are still waiting on Mcginns sell on fee all these years later. Hope he sees out his time at Villa then free transfer back up the road. 

Dallas Green
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Hard luck on them if they go to the end of their contract at their new club them move on. lol.

Yeah, I don't see Nisbet going for much. He is hardly pulling the trees up at Millwall and Doig was sold for 3.6 Million Euros to Hellas Verona and then went for 6 Million Euros to Sassuolo, so a bit of quick maths with their 25% profit sell on means he earned them 600k.

McGinn might gain them a few quid but again, he will have to move.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

Yeah, I don't see Nisbet going for much. He is hardly pulling the trees up at Millwall and Doig was sold for 3.6 Million Euros to Hellas Verona and then went for 6 Million Euros to Sassuolo, so a bit of quick maths with their 25% profit sell on means he earned them 600k.

McGinn might gain them a few quid but again, he will have to move.

Nisbet also just got a serious hamstring injury needing surgery.

Seen that on twitter, and a millwall fan quoted the tweet saying 'Good, he's pony. £1.2M wasted'

Edited by RustyRightPeg

Dallas Green
4 minutes ago, leginten said:

Porteous doesn’t seem to get a start for Watford now, so the likelihood of him being sold on for megabucks appears remote.

Yeah, was there not rumours of him getting shipped out to the Italian club they are linked with but that would only be a loan or a cut price deal I would assume. It's nice to see their hopes get up and then come smashing right back down.

Niemi’s gloves
10 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Unfortunately, Doig was sold on at a profit in the latest transfer window with Hibs reported to be due another half million. Not included in these results (to last June) but Hibs are in effect talking about that money (as well as more speculative stuff) in their comments. 

Dallas Green
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Seen that on twitter, and a millwall fan quoted the tweet saying 'Good, he's pony. £1.2M wasted'

Oh, dear :greggy:

Dallas Green
Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

Unfortunately, Doig was sold on at a profit in the latest transfer window with Hibs reported to be due another half million. Not included in these results (to last June) but Hibs are in effect talking about that money (as well as more speculative stuff) in their comments. 

Aye, I mentioned that above. Probably the only one they are going to get a decent return on.

Weebroon98

Can't see mcginn leaving anytime soon and when he eventually leaves it won't be for the £M's that hibs were hoping for. probably let his contract run out and go to celtic on a free in about 5 years time

Malinga the Swinga

No idea why everyone on here getting excited. Had a quick look at .net and the prevailing view is 

'oh well, they're not too bad. Once we get player sales and then spend millions in summer, we will be guaranteed third, as a minimum, and then make a mark in Europe'.

These ***** deserve everything that's coming to them, which hopefully will be a quick and painful insolvency.

FarmerTweedy
On 04/02/2024 at 10:59, Bauld said:

Ross County have a game in hand and are only 7 points behind hibs. 

Not only that but I think their game in hand is against hibs.

:sweeet:

Relegation is a genuine possibility here.

You can't have a game in hand on a team that's against that team!  Their game in hand is actually against sevco at £1brox.  They do have a postponed game against the vermin still to play, so three games against them to come in total. A couple of wins for County plus a draw, and there's only one point between them! 

Edit: Never mind, covered already!

Edited by FarmerTweedy

Dallas Green
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

which hopefully will be a quick and painful insolvency.

No no no no no.

A SLOW and painful insolvency. One we can relish in for a long time.

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

100%

I would be over the moon if they went to the wall.

Don't care about the derby, completed it on 19/5/2012

Iced the cake a few times since, too.

I'm with you, Ron, though.

Hibs deid, after a lot of angst and suffering.

It's what they desperately wanted for HMFC.

1971fozzy

Wait……. Did they actually use Porteous as a sell on clause example 🤣🤣🤣.

Jesus wept.  Comedy right enough

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The question is not when they punt Monty but which ancient English manager will the Americian franchise owners replace Monty with .

Is Ron Atkinson still available or maybe maybe Mick Channon 🤔 

Neil Warnock in the summer 

39 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Without the player sales they'd be in serious bother.

Which is naturally going to dry up if they keep building squads of loan players from Bournemouth. 

Ah well, the flair football though.

:sweeet:

1971fozzy

Here’s a belter. 🤣🤣

£326,818 pay and £25000 pension for Ben Kensall over the year

Malinga the Swinga
12 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

No no no no no.

A SLOW and painful insolvency. One we can relish in for a long time.

We can disagree on length of illness but we agree on final outcome.

The death of Hibernian will be a day for celebration.

ToadKiller Dog
5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Here’s a belter. 🤣🤣

£326,818 pay and £25000 pension for Ben Kensall over the year

The guys pension payment is way more than the average hibs fan gets in state benefits ,they will be raging. 

I personally don't want hibs to die ,I'm content for them to continue to drudge on in obscurity .

if I were Hibs fans I’d be worried that they decided to spend even more money on staff costs…they don’t seem to have a squad of sellable assets at the moment! 

The increase in staff costs came on the back of an 8th place finish in the 2021/2022 season, the worst finish from the club since 2013/14, the club board and ownership took the decision to increase spending in order to bolster sporting performance. This investment focused on improving the squad as well as further investment in people and infrastructure at the training centre.

Mikey1874

They seem to be saying they will make more from hospitality where a lot of the extra spending has gone.

Interesting to compare the overall spending there to our hotel. 

Batistuta87

So this £6M from the Bournemouth guy will just about balance the books. 

Weird. It was a war chest last week and was going to make them the third force in Scotland. 

Edited by Batistuta87

22 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

if I were Hibs fans I’d be worried that they decided to spend even more money on staff costs…they don’t seem to have a squad of sellable assets at the moment! 

The increase in staff costs came on the back of an 8th place finish in the 2021/2022 season, the worst finish from the club since 2013/14, the club board and ownership took the decision to increase spending in order to bolster sporting performance. This investment focused on improving the squad as well as further investment in people and infrastructure at the training centre.

Tbf they have bolstered sporting performance.

Up to 7th now.

Dallas Green

They are still going on about millions to spend. How do they think this is going to come to them? It sure as hell isn't going to be as donation from the Foley boy. So it's going to loans, that they will have to pay back. They are absolute moon howlers.

57 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He's been injured a few times but this one looks long term. He's as shite as he's always been popping up with the odd goal to prevent real backlash. in fairness he was signed to play a more industrial game under Rowett and hasn't been suited to the press since a new coach came in (Neither has most of the team). Can't see Hibs getting any money anytime soon, and probably not at all.

Sooperstar

On the subject of their wages to turnover ratio I have no doubt that it has looked better the current year in the face of their 'record breaking revenues'. Those revenues though have been boosted by European participation and a cup semi final run. Unless they can significantly reduce their wage bill in the close season then that ratio is just going to shoot right back up again without that additional income and with inevitably reduced attendances on account of them being pish.