To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

They are now discussing the next manager. McInness/Robinson getting mentioned ha ha ha like these two are going to risk coming to a basket case club. 

The next appointment will be interesting at it will be a real indictor of their future.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, Rods said:

They are now discussing the next manager. McInness/Robinson getting mentioned ha ha ha like these two are going to risk coming to a basket case club. 

The next appointment will be interesting at it will be a real indictor of their future.

Money talks they may get the bullet but will still get paid there full contract like the last couple of hobbits managers

Fort Vallance
53 minutes ago, Percival King said:

And they put it on the roof of the seated enclosure (where the Famous Five stand now is) so home fans at that end couldn't see it, but away fans could. Seemed odd, even at the time.

To be fair the home fans are not going to want to see it most weeks anyway.

I P Knightley
23 hours ago, Bauld said:

Screenshot_20240203_181218_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm no medical expert but is "perennial pain" what happens if you damage your perineum?

Really not nice in context. :angry:

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

ross county and Livingston aside. That looks bleak for them 

County may not be great but they seem to be a lot more together than the Hubs. I'm forecasting 1 point to the Hubs from both games and 6 to 8 from the run in in total.

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Saw this on Twitter. I'm not sure if this is half time, but a very grim sight if you're Hibs.. 

I was squinting to see the lino on the far side but someone with better brains than me already pointed out the big effing clock showing that the game was in play - albeit dead and buried - at the time of the photo.

Fort Vallance
22 minutes ago, Rods said:

They're stuck with what they've got. No chance They're going to pay Montgomery and his team off, pay a new management team and potentially compensation for a Robinson or McInnes. The only way they'll get a new coach is if Bournemouth have a rookie U21 coach that fancies a change of scene.

3 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

Very poss they're looking at 4 straight defeats 😁👌

They will be lucky to get 3 points out of that.

10 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

County may not be great but they seem to be a lot more together than the Hubs. I'm forecasting 1 point to the Hubs from both games and 6 to 8 from the run in in total

This is the thing for me too . Their manager and DOF are puppets and not getting the main say in recruitment . Their January window was clearly not aimed at improving Hibs . Decisions on players are being made with other priorities at the forefront of the people in charges minds 

Jambo in Bathgate
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is the thing for me too . Their manager and DOF are puppets and not getting the main say in recruitment . Their January window was clearly not aimed at improving Hibs . Decisions on players are being made with other priorities at the forefront of the people in charges minds 

Hibs are now being used as Bournemouth’s proving ground for young players to see if they can stand the rigours of competitive senior football. This is a way to weed out the those who won’t make it for Bournemouth. Ron’s family will get some percentage of fees when players that survive are moved on. It’s also helps with Premier League financial rules by getting wages of their books. Hibs are never going to get valuable players and are going to have a team full of loanees. 

Wee Mikey
56 minutes ago, Rods said:

Bournemouth will loan them one ...

... or perhaps an exotically named Lorient 'B' team coach ...

... in which case McAnus will wet himself predicting a H1b5 renaissance.

Edited by Wee Mikey

indianajones
59 minutes ago, Rods said:

Warnock in June. 

33 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

They're stuck with what they've got. No chance They're going to pay Montgomery and his team off, pay a new management team and potentially compensation for a Robinson or McInnes. The only way they'll get a new coach is if Bournemouth have a rookie U21 coach that fancies a change of scene.

Not sure if true but are they not still paying the last 2 managers off, as I said maybe just bullocks what I’ve heard🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Hibs are now being used as Bournemouth’s proving ground for young players to see if they can stand the rigours of competitive senior football. This is a way to weed out the those who won’t make it for Bournemouth. Ron’s family will get some percentage of fees when players that survive are moved on. It’s also helps with Premier League financial rules by getting wages of their books. Hibs are never going to get valuable players and are going to have a team full of loanees. 

Yes that too but the most worrying part for any Hibs fans should be the fact that the players are not being picked to fill positions that need improved because Hibs doing well is not a priority 

Madjambo21
38 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Are they still not paying off the last 2 managers lol

Manager at Bournemouth B will be shipped over to replace Monty

Edited by sac
Spelling

Shooter McGavin

Going to head onto .net for a wee laugh.

Let me guess we’re s*****, and it’s only because the standard of the league is s****, that we’re so far ahead of everyone?

That’s usually the Hibs coping mechanism.

4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Let me guess we’re s*****, and it’s only because the standard of the league is s****, that we’re so far ahead of everyone?

This has been said along with Shankland only scores penalties. 

Dallas Green
11 minutes ago, sac said:

Manager at Bournemouth B will be shipped over to replace Monty

Alan Connell, watch this space hahah

4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The hotel ( which will make us money ) is their current comfort blanket . Our superior turnover and facilities are apparently something to be mocked ………….. as they toil behind us both on and off the pitch :) 

28 minutes ago, One five said:

Not sure if true but are they not still paying the last 2 managers off, as I said maybe just bullocks what I’ve heard🤷‍♂️

26 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Are they still not paying off the last 2 managers lol

Maloney is manager at Wigan, and Wee Lee got the Fleetwood job after leaving Hibs, so they won't still be on Hibs payroll.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The hotel ( which will make us money ) is their current comfort blanket . Our superior turnover and facilities are apparently something to be mocked ………….. as they toil behind us both on and off the pitch :) 

Don't forget the Piggery, they think they are superior because they own their own training facility and we have to make do with leasing the best facility of it's kind in Scotland.

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

Maloney is manager at Wigan, and Wee Lee got the Fleetwood job after leaving Hibs, so they won't still be on Hibs payroll.

Cheers,

Yeah, I just heard they where paying there pay offs in instalments, as I said was probably just bullocks.

19 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

I can remember the game at Easter Road when we cheered their players back out for the second half. 😆

Superb stuff. 

2014’s REAL relegation party? One of my favourite derby’s ever, us already relegated but the club officially saved after a year of hell plus a sudden upturn in form had us buzzing for the future, them on an uncontrollable spiral into the depths having lost to us just before with a team of failiures. 2-0 up at HT ripping the utter piss out of them singing “glory glory to the hibees” and cheering their players, singing one terry butcher, staying back after the whistle for a party that went on for ages, brilliant scenes.

Cameronstheman
16 minutes ago, RobNox said:

How do we really know that ??

Jambo in Bathgate
8 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

They’d have had their contracts paid up. Basic I know but they didn’t walk away empty handed. 

Dallas Green
7 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Vast majority of contracts are paid out monthly after sacking until the sackee is picked up by another flump of a club.

It is normally written this way as most clubs can't afford the huge payoff of sacking a manager and having to pay the rest of the outstanding contract amount. 

Birregrande
8 hours ago, Bauld said:

Ross County have a game in hand and are only 7 points behind hibs. 

Not only that but I think their game in hand is against hibs.

:sweeet:

Relegation is a genuine possibility here.

:munny:

4 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Vast majority of contracts are paid out monthly after sacking until the sackee is picked up by another flump of a club.

It is normally written this way as most clubs can't afford the huge payoff of sacking a manager and having to pay the rest of the outstanding contract amount. 

Never knew that mate I always thought they got the whole amount regardless if they find employment.

Someone has just dropped a truth bomb regarding Foley.

He will be called all sorts soon enough. 

Dallas Green
Just now, One five said:

Never knew that mate I always thought they got the whole amount regardless if they find employment.

It's not always the case but clubs at our level usually have it set like this. I only know this happens for sure because of a Dundee Utd lad I know who was aware of Jack Ross' contract situation at Utd. Not an itk type of guy but this guy was 100% itk about this haha

1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

It's not always the case but clubs at our level usually have it set like this. I only know this happens for sure because of a Dundee Utd lad I know who was aware of Jack Ross' contract situation at Utd. Not an itk type of guy but this guy was 100% itk about this haha

It’s a pitty the last 3 managers of hibs found employment or they would be skint lol.

1 minute ago, One five said:

I think that may have been the case years ago, either pay off the contract in full or negotiate a settlement.  Nowadays it's far more common that the club just relieve the manager of his duties without terminating his contract, so they carry on paying the manager's salary while he is effectively on gardening leave.  If the manager wants to take a new job elsewhere, he has to resign.

Makes a lot more sense for the clubs than signing a manager on a 3 year deal, sacking him within a year, then having to pay out the rest of his contract while the guy can be in a new job within weeks.

Turkishcap

It may turn out better in time but until that day ever dawns I will enjoy the wonderment of it all.

Just now, RobNox said:

I think that may have been the case years ago, either pay off the contract in full or negotiate a settlement.  Nowadays it's far more common that the club just relieve the manager of his duties without terminating his contract, so they carry on paying the manager's salary while he is effectively on gardening leave.  If the manager wants to take a new job elsewhere, he has to resign.

Makes a lot more sense for the clubs than signing a manager on a 3 year deal, sacking him within a year, then having to pay out the rest of his contract while the guy can be in a new job within weeks.

Yeah makes sense mate 👍

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Warnock in June. 

For sure, that would herald rainy days for them ...

They don't deserve a Kinks song, but this might be appropriate, should your prediction come to pass ...

Kinks Rainy Day in June:-

A misty shadow spread its wings
And covered all the (Fester) ground
And even though the sun (shine on Leith) was out
The rain came pouring down

And all the light had disappeared
And faded in the gloom
There was no hope, no reasoning
This rainy day in June

The eagle spread its mighty wings
And pounced upon its pray
And all the skies, so brilliant blue
Turned suddenly to grey

The cherished things are perishing
And buried in their tomb
There is no hope, no reasoning
This rainy day in June

And everybody felt the rain
Everybody felt the rain
Everybody felt the rain
Everybody felt the rain

The demon stretched its crinkled hand
And snatched a butterfly
The elves and gnomes were hunched in fear
Too terrified to cry

The reckoning was beckoning
They're living to their doom
There was no hope, no reasoning
This rainy day in June

And everybody felt the rain
Everybody felt the rain
Everybody felt the rain
Everybody felt the rain

Pray for the wee team ... 🙏🙏🙏

1971fozzy

There no way in hell Derek McInnes would go there to be a puppet and told who signs and who to play. No chance. And I’d wager Robinson would be similar.

look at their lineup yesterday. Who the hell puts in 3 new loanees straight into a starting lineup ? That decision had disaster written all over it.

This is their model now. Hell mend them

1874robbo

A Bournemouth fan has put a big post on their forum.

I don’t think some of them will like it, especially the bit about their youths actually being pretty pish 😂😂

Evening. Some thoughts from sunny, sunny Bournemouth.

I'm unsure how this will work out for any of us in this group structure. I'm not a fan of the concept and don't think it should be allowed, but I don't make the rules, and many others have been doing the same for a long time. Modern football is rubbish sometimes. Often, even.

I wouldn't have too high expectations about our youth system. When it was run on some borrowed school playing fields with a staff of one, we still managed to turn out some decent players. Danny Ings for example. We've been investing more into it for about ten years but only this season got up from a Category C academy to a Category B one. Facilities are hard to build in a conurbation with no free land but luckily we managed to buy up a golf course and Foley is seeing the plans come to completion. Sadly, Category B still means that if we get a really exciting prospect anyone with a Category A academy can take them off our hands for a pittance. Because, you know, the big clubs need all the help they can get. I don't know if Cat A is a goal for us but if we are going to try and build everything we need for it, until we get it we remain sitting ducks.

The best chance we both have is if there is a plan to recruit young players from around the world who are 18+ so they can sign a pro deal which would keep the vultures at bay, for a little bit of time anyway. There was a South American midfielder we were meant to be after in January but that never materialised in the end. That kind of thing.

The EPL is absolutely a financially dominated league divided into clear groups. There are basically three leagues in it. Six or seven clubs that are on another planet, a few middle riders and then everyone else. Don't believe the hype that there's any kind of equality there. Plus, every year the biggest clubs try and bring in more rules to ensure they get to keep even more of the pie. I always want to see my team play as high as they can but, at the same time, the EPL is the most boring league I've ever watched us in. And that includes other divisions and seasons where we might have been stuck in a relegation battle.

I'm not convinced Foley understands the structural barriers that the big teams have spent the last thirty years erecting to try and keep others away. My worry is what he will do when the penny drops, but hopefully we're a long way from that still. I hope he finishes the new stadium before that moment!

Anyway, I'll drop in occasionally. Feel free to ask me anything about AFCB and I'll try and give an honest response to the best of my knowledge.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

2014’s REAL relegation party? One of my favourite derby’s ever, us already relegated but the club officially saved after a year of hell plus a sudden upturn in form had us buzzing for the future, them on an uncontrollable spiral into the depths having lost to us just before with a team of failiures. 2-0 up at HT ripping the utter piss out of them singing “glory glory to the hibees” and cheering their players, singing one terry butcher, staying back after the whistle for a party that went on for ages, brilliant scenes.

All that, plus I got a selfie with Rudi at half time. 🥰

Wee Mikey
9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

There no way in hell Derek McInnes would go there to be a puppet and told who signs and who to play. No chance. And I’d wager Robinson would be similar.

look at their lineup yesterday. Who the hell puts in 3 new loanees straight into a starting lineup ? That decision had disaster written all over it.

This is their model now. Hell mend them

H1b5' next fixture is going to be Box Office.

It may even end up getting some sort of X-rating for the highlights. 🤣

Young H1b5 supporters may end up traumatised.

I wonder if we have plans in place should their travelling support fail to take up their allocation for the up-coming derby.

I jest ...

... or do I?

😎

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Don't forget the Piggery, they think they are superior because they own their own training facility and we have to make do with leasing the best facility of it's kind in Scotland.

We will have our own facility …..

38 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

They don't deserve a Kinks song,

Maybe 'Stop Your Sobbing'  or 'I Go To Sleep' both ironically covered by The Pretenders, or should that be The Cockenders

20 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I don’t think some of them will like it, especially the bit about their youths actually being pretty pish 😂😂

I'm unsure how this will work out for any of us in this group structure. I'm not a fan of the concept and don't think it should be allowed, but I don't make the rules, and many others have been doing the same for a long time. Modern football is rubbish sometimes. Often, even.

I wouldn't have too high expectations about our youth system. When it was run on some borrowed school playing fields with a staff of one, we still managed to turn out some decent players. Danny Ings for example. We've been investing more into it for about ten years but only this season got up from a Category C academy to a Category B one. Facilities are hard to build in a conurbation with no free land but luckily we managed to buy up a golf course and Foley is seeing the plans come to completion. Sadly, Category B still means that if we get a really exciting prospect anyone with a Category A academy can take them off our hands for a pittance. Because, you know, the big clubs need all the help they can get. I don't know if Cat A is a goal for us but if we are going to try and build everything we need for it, until we get it we remain sitting ducks.

The best chance we both have is if there is a plan to recruit young players from around the world who are 18+ so they can sign a pro deal which would keep the vultures at bay, for a little bit of time anyway. There was a South American midfielder we were meant to be after in January but that never materialised in the end. That kind of thing.

The EPL is absolutely a financially dominated league divided into clear groups. There are basically three leagues in it. Six or seven clubs that are on another planet, a few middle riders and then everyone else. Don't believe the hype that there's any kind of equality there. Plus, every year the biggest clubs try and bring in more rules to ensure they get to keep even more of the pie. I always want to see my team play as high as they can but, at the same time, the EPL is the most boring league I've ever watched us in. And that includes other divisions and seasons where we might have been stuck in a relegation battle.

I'm not convinced Foley understands the structural barriers that the big teams have spent the last thirty years erecting to try and keep others away. My worry is what he will do when the penny drops, but hopefully we're a long way from that still. I hope he finishes the new stadium before that moment!

Anyway, I'll drop in occasionally. Feel free to ask me anything about AFCB and I'll try and give an honest response to the best of my knowledge.

So basically he’s just told them all they’re getting from Bournemouth is substandard youth players. They’re going to love that 😂

Victorian

If they ever got what amounted to a manager coming on an inter-divisional secondment,  I think that would end me.  Like a cross between Eduard Malofeev and Ian Cathro.  

Just now, parwj said:

We will have our own facility …..

We will if we decide that's the best way to go.  We are clearly looking into it and it's just a case of seeing if the business case for building our own facility stacks up.  There are a lot of factors that have to be considered.

That grandson thread is an absolute masterpiece :lol: The one thing I will say about .net these days is at least theres a few of them that can have a laugh at their own expense 

38 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

:rofl:They won’t listen

Wee Mikey
54 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Maybe 'Stop Your Sobbing'  or 'I Go To Sleep' both ironically covered by The Pretenders, or should that be The Cockenders

I quite like their 1960's cult classic:-

"Dress as Seats"

It's little known, but an absolute belter.

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

I quite like their 1960's cult classic:-

"Dress as Seats"

It's little known, but an absolute belter.

You could actually do that to the tune of I Go To Sleep...I dress as seats, seats, and imagine that we're not getting pumped

the slide down is amazing  only 2 points from last 24 available this has Butcheresque or even Duffy Jim style all over it

Edited by tntjambo

3 hours ago, One five said:

It was the reason that Butcher didn't get another job for ages (if at all) after being sacked by Hibs, I recall one interview with him and he was actually in his garden, all the while being paid by Hibs