Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, FWJ said:

That’s a plan - but I suspect it’ll be another 20 years before I’m back!

20 year stock-up...I like it...

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Was upstairs and postie rings the door bell, so I go down the stairs. Queue the dog coming behind me and then in front of me. I try to avoid standing on her and fell down the stairs. 

Think twisted my ankle and shin massively bruised. 

The wife checked on the dog first 😡

🤣🤣🤣 That's so true.

Just back from Kendal and a bit of Christmas shopping, the town once had a really lovely centre, loads of independent shops but it's dying on it's arse, god knows how many empty shops now, a real shame, I suppose it's the same way as many town centres.

Corstorphine and Bathgate are the same, and what shops are left seem to be charity shops, bookies, cash convertors or Greggs, B'gate especially.

At least Corstorphine has a new Lidl, and is getting a new development.

33 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

lost one of my favourite socks after doing a washing.   where do they go? ive asked that before.

The Pleb socks are ripping your fav's...🧦 :th_Jttesur:

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

lost one of my favourite socks after doing a washing.   where do they go? ive asked that before.

images.jpeg

Konrad von Carstein
5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Was upstairs and postie rings the door bell, so I go down the stairs. Queue the dog coming behind me and then in front of me. I try to avoid standing on her and fell down the stairs. 

Think twisted my ankle and shin massively bruised. 

The wife checked on the dog first 😡

I think we may be married to clones of the same woman :(

That being said, the description of the slapstick turn of events leading up to her checking on the dog was, for me, hilarious.

39 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Different shapes and sizes,but all from the same mould 🤣

Talking of which trying to buy a suit online for a friends wedding in January. It appears that tailors work on what they call a standard drop for the difference between the chest and waist size. So as a 40” chest I should need a 34” waist trouser. I need a 30” waist trouser as I’m not a fat shite. 

Konrad von Carstein
41 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Talking of which trying to buy a suit online for a friends wedding in January. It appears that tailors work on what they call a standard drop for the difference between the chest and waist size. So as a 40” chest I should need a 34” waist trouser. I need a 30” waist trouser as I’m not a fat shite. 

This is an issue when trying to buy "off the rail" jacket fits fine but the troopers fall doon...

4 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

This is an issue when trying to buy "off the rail" jacket fits fine but the troopers fall doon...

Or the trousers fit but the jacket makes you look like a monkey. 

6 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Just back from Kendal and a bit of Christmas shopping, the town once had a really lovely centre, loads of independent shops but it's dying on it's arse, god knows how many empty shops now, a real shame, I suppose it's the same way as many town centres.

But you brought us all back some mint cake right?

8 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

But you brought us all back some mint cake right?

I love the chocolate covered mint cake.

Konrad von Carstein
12 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Effin auto correct :lol:

14 hours ago, Tazio said:

Even worse if you have a fat neck.  I cannot ever find shirts to fit me. 

I'd say zebra crossings are quite often difficult to see despite the flashing lights, etc. I don't use them, and I typically don't use green men crossings either.

8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

If a driver can’t see a zebra crossing - especially the one on Grange Road with straight road in both directions - then they really shouldn’t be behind the wheel. Dickhead sped up. Thought it may have been a poster from here out to get me 😜 

Aye, there some right idiots that can see but don't care. Worst are the crossings on the RO at D Mains and Cramond Rd S, drivers trying to negotiate the cars and easily forget about peds, especially teenagers hellbemt of their lunchtime junk.

10 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Aye, there some right idiots that can see but don't care. Worst are the crossings on the RO at D Mains and Cramond Rd S, drivers trying to negotiate the cars and easily forget about peds, especially teenagers hellbemt of their lunchtime junk.

An old lady was killed at that crossing about 3 years ago. It's a nightmare at the best of times, I almost got hit by a 4x4 (of course) there not so long ago. Cars 2 wide coming off main street, the one closest to the pavement stopped to let me cross so off I went, only for the urban warrior to drive across the crossing oblivious to why the car inside had stopped. 

41 minutes ago, jonesy said:

If a driver can’t see a zebra crossing - especially the one on Grange Road with straight road in both directions - then they really shouldn’t be behind the wheel. Dickhead sped up. Thought it may have been a poster from here out to get me 😜 

Was about to suggest the same thing. Someone has recognised you but did not know you have the reflexes of a cat (not el gato)

37 minutes ago, Tazio said:

An old lady was killed at that crossing about 3 years ago. It's a nightmare at the best of times, I almost got hit by a 4x4 (of course) there not so long ago. Cars 2 wide coming off main street, the one closest to the pavement stopped to let me cross so off I went, only for the urban warrior to drive across the crossing oblivious to why the car inside had stopped. 

I don't like it, as a driver, must be even more of a headache trying to cross on foot!

Dennis Reynolds

The amount of spam/phishing emails I've been getting recently is through the roof. Mainly Currys telling me I've won a kettle and now UPS ones. I have a bit of a burner type email I use to sign up to things which barely gets anything. Gmail has gone down a bit in my opinion.

28 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

The amount of spam/phishing emails I've been getting recently is through the roof. Mainly Currys telling me I've won a kettle and now UPS ones. I have a bit of a burner type email I use to sign up to things which barely gets anything. Gmail has gone down a bit in my opinion.

these clowns should get a real job, had 2 about a parcel, load o shite, deleted them.

33 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

A lot of parcel non-delivery scams the now, I've had some from the US Postal Service, bit of a giveaway that one.

Getting quite a few calls on the mobile, if the call isn't from someone in my address book then I don't answer it, then I do a reverse number look-up, the most common ones I'm getting just now is the wonderful deal on a new mobile phone offer, yeh it's a wonderful deal for the scammers if you pay them money expecting to see a new phone appear.

4 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Wonder if thats contributing to the delay (sometimes measured in DAYS, not hours) in getting confirmation emails from delivery companies that they've now delivered  your parcel.   

We had one last week from Royal Mail, showing photo of parcel on doorstep .....with the front door wide open  - which caused panic because it came through an hour after we'd locked up and gone out for the morning.  Cue a "domestic" in the car, blaming each other for leaving the front door unlocked, and now someone has opened it and probably helped themselves to money/keys/TV etc.   😲    

Turned out the photo was of a  parcel which  had been delivered 6 days previously  !!

:facepalm:

4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

A lot of parcel non-delivery scams the now, I've had some from the US Postal Service, bit of a giveaway that one.

Getting quite a few calls on the mobile, if the call isn't from someone in my address book then I don't answer it, then I do a reverse number look-up, the most common ones I'm getting just now is the wonderful deal on a new mobile phone offer, yeh it's a wonderful deal for the scammers if you pay them money expecting to see a new phone appear.

Do you get the "single ring" phishing calls, where they prey on your curiosity and hope you'll call back ?  Mrs Striker gets at least 3 of these every day - always from  a different number, so blocking any of them is pointless.    If you call back, you'll be connected to a premium rate number and encouraged to listen to a long msg explaining that you've won a holiday or some such b0ll0cks.

10 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Do you get the "single ring" phishing calls, where they prey on your curiosity and hope you'll call back ?  Mrs Striker gets at least 3 of these every day - always from  a different number, so blocking any of them is pointless.    If you call back, you'll be connected to a premium rate number and encouraged to listen to a long msg explaining that you've won a holiday or some such b0ll0cks.

I had a couple of them last week.

One and a half hours waiting for the queue in the chemist today to get to the front.

Lyndsey and Gilmour are dreadfully inefficient at the best of times, but that was taking the Michael.  Poor guy in front was told his prescription wasn't ready and come back tomorrow too.

Also

Foreigners don't know how to queue, it should be a requirement they learn that to get a visa, its a British institution.

Having one of those lethal buggy things because you are too plump to waddle does not entitle you to jump the queue.

And junkies should not just waltz in and be given their happy juice disregarding the queue, our N.I pays for them so they should wait till everyone is served.

(I can see why they do it though, they'd prolly rob the shop blind if in there for any length of time)

Can I have a festive one, with apologies if it has been done before. Mine is - 

Christmas Special TV programmes. Particularly, and specifically though if they are filmed outside at all. The current spate of antique shows is a case in point. Celebrity Christmas Specials, but trees are in full foliage and there are punters cutting about in the background in T shirts and shorts. A Christmas jumper, scarf and a Santa hat still only make it as Christmassy as the fair fortnight.Z list 'celebs' with the sweat pushing off them can be quite entertaining mind you... I hate that sort of pretence and false jollity, so that's my latest seethe. Once you see it, you can't ignore it.

Yours sincerely, E Scrooge... :) 

53 minutes ago, Daktari said:

Can I have a festive one, with apologies if it has been done before. Mine is - 

Christmas Special TV programmes. Particularly, and specifically though if they are filmed outside at all. The current spate of antique shows is a case in point. Celebrity Christmas Specials, but trees are in full foliage and there are punters cutting about in the background in T shirts and shorts. A Christmas jumper, scarf and a Santa hat still only make it as Christmassy as the fair fortnight.Z list 'celebs' with the sweat pushing off them can be quite entertaining mind you... I hate that sort of pretence and false jollity, so that's my latest seethe. Once you see it, you can't ignore it.

Yours sincerely, E Scrooge... :) 

😂😂 A bunch of friends (the Mrs included) went to a top of the pops christmas special many years ago. It sounded grim and I'm still glad I bodyswerved it. Late October or early November I'm sure. My only slight regret is I'm sure Kylie Minogue was on the bill

5 hours ago, Captain Slog said:

One and a half hours waiting for the queue in the chemist today to get to the front.

Lyndsey and Gilmour are dreadfully inefficient at the best of times, but that was taking the Michael.  Poor guy in front was told his prescription wasn't ready and come back tomorrow too.

Also

Foreigners don't know how to queue, it should be a requirement they learn that to get a visa, its a British institution.

Having one of those lethal buggy things because you are too plump to waddle does not entitle you to jump the queue.

And junkies should not just waltz in and be given their happy juice disregarding the queue, our N.I pays for them so they should wait till everyone is served.

(I can see why they do it though, they'd prolly rob the shop blind if in there for any length of time)

This & young people in bus queues - it really p***es me off.  It used to just work - a bus would come up and the people getting on would step to one side and get on in order, everyone else would shuffle forward.

Now everyone just mills about - which is bad enough but on narrow pavements they block them.

While we’re at it - at quiet bus shelters - the people that sit near the back of it.  Why?  What are you supposed to do?  Just sit in front of them like you’re jumping the queue - or stand outside the shelter behind them?

il Duce McTarkin
17 minutes ago, FWJ said:

This & young people in bus queues - it really p***es me off.  It used to just work - a bus would come up and the people getting on would step to one side and get on in order, everyone else would shuffle forward.

Now everyone just mills about - which is bad enough but on narrow pavements they block them.

While we’re at it - at quiet bus shelters - the people that sit near the back of it.  Why?  What are you supposed to do?  Just sit in front of them like you’re jumping the queue - or stand outside the shelter behind them?

I don't have this problem in my Chelsea tractor.

17 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Screenshot_20221223-213716_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, Captain Slog said:

Don't be too sure about that. I was in Boots on Davidson's Mains one morning and there were 4 brass monkeys having a carry on. The young female pharmacist came out and fronted them face-to-face and told them to 'button it.' They were then reminded that they had been banned from the chemist at Drylaw shops and if she heard as much as another peep from them on that morning or any other morning then they would be hoyed from there and would need to travel up to the city's west end for there script. They all knew where the power lay and zipped it sharpish. It was a glorious few moments. 

12 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Yep, I'm starting to think the concept of orderly queuing for public transport is no longer expected or adhered to. Commuter rush-hour behaviour has spread to the buses.

The bus stops in Shandwick Place are basically every person for his or herself  most of the time - and if you try to be polite by  allowing someone who you know was there before you to go ahead of you, several  ar5eholes who were just standing at random shopfronts will have pushed in front of you.   :wallbash:

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, the posh bit said:

Don't be too sure about that. I was in Boots on Davidson's Mains one morning and there were 4 brass monkeys having a carry on. The young female pharmacist came out and fronted them face-to-face and told them to 'button it.' They were then reminded that they had been banned from the chemist at Drylaw shops and if she heard as much as another peep from them on that morning or any other morning then they would be hoyed from there and would need to travel up to the city's west end for there script. They all knew where the power lay and zipped it sharpish. It was a glorious few moments. 

:sweeet:

pharmaceutical01
14 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Well done her!

19 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Yep, I'm starting to think the concept of orderly queuing for public transport is no longer expected or adhered to. Commuter rush-hour behaviour has spread to the buses.

The bus stops in Shandwick Place are basically every person for his or herself  most of the time - and if you try to be polite by  allowing someone who you know was there before you to go ahead of you, several  ar5eholes who were just standing at random shopfronts will have pushed in front of you.   :wallbash:

OH IM def a right Karen in bus queues....lost count of amount of times i have said 

" theres a queue "

or if dipit foreign tourists try to queue job on go even more gammon Karen

" we queue in Britain " 

• 2 weeks later...
Dick Dastardly

Tescos home delivery just turned up, an hour late. The driver had forgotten to add half my order to his van. Told me it would get delivered tomorrow but now I've had an email telling me its getting refunded in 3 to 5 days. Not the end of the world i suppose, except the stuff they didn't deliver was all the meat and milk. So now I've got a fridge full of veg and nothing to eat with it. Looks like I'll be eating veg and 2 veg till the refund comes through. And black ****ing coffee. 

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Only weirdos and deviants put milk in their coffee, Dick. 

Or worse than that. People who drink instant! 

Dick Dastardly
10 hours ago, jonesy said:

Only weirdos and deviants put milk in their coffee, Dick. 

I would disagree. Only perverts and hipsters drink coffee black. How's your manbun? 

Dick Dastardly
25 minutes ago, jonesy said:

As high and tight as a heroin-addled Thai bride. 

No need to bring my wife into it ffs! 

Harry Potter
6 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Mellow birds is nice

Good shout, not had that in years. obviously ,  with lovely milk 👍.

Dick Dastardly
3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

🤮🤮🤮

that’s no coffee

I know, its absolutely awful. Still better than Camp coffee though