• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 bus route; is it the worst in Edinburgh? For the second time in as many weeks it appears a bus has been withdrawn earlier in the route than the stop I use in Blackford Avenue. Last night I was at the stop at 18:10 for the 18:17 bus. On checking the app on my phone it told me it was 16 minutes away so 9 minutes late. I decided to walk to the top of Marchmont Rd rather than stand waiting. The 24 reached me at 18:45! Fact is the bus service is unreliable and that will chase customers away.

And while we’re at it, the recorded announcement at Glasgow QS?

Mallaig should be pronounced MAH’lig

Lochailort is Loch AYE lort

Banavie is BAN’avie

Corrour is Cor’ OUR

Tyndrum is Tyne’DRUM

There’s more but I lost the will to live.

Edited by FWJ

1 hour ago, FWJ said:

The word eatery.

Don’t.  Just ****ing don’t.

Ahh - its the dictionary re-write by  professional social climbers who've managed to get gigs writing regular  pointless  "opinion" pieces in weekend editions of up-market newspapers  and posh mags.  😏     

Has a pub been described as a  "drinkery" yet ?      "Watering hole"  gets used a bit though - which sounds rather basic.  I'd have thought a "watering hole" would be an appropriate way to describe the mens toilets in some pubs.    

1 hour ago, JWL said:

File under 'Footie' hanging offence.

Yep.  As is describing a good player as a "proper baller"  :nojustno: 

10 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I have absolutely no idea what that means!! 

Fried egg roll.

Mime eating that roll and some of that runny yolk spills down your top. Then wipe it away.....

Dick Dastardly
21 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Fried egg roll.

Mime eating that roll and some of that runny yolk spills down your top. Then wipe it away.....

😂 😂 😂 Brilliant. I've never heard that before

Edit.. Yup, definitely a banjo roll

Edited by Dick Dastardly

The new Disney advert which just appeared on on kickback that takes up the whole page, and redirects you  to the disney website when all you want to do is see the posters you dislike make a tit of themselves

henrysmithsgloves

Rats🤬🤬last week none,this week rear garden and outhouses swarming with them,gonna cost me a fair whack now to get rid off the critters,dunno where the heck they've all came from😳🤬🤬🤬

Dick Dastardly
47 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Rats🤬🤬last week none,this week rear garden and outhouses swarming with them,gonna cost me a fair whack now to get rid off the critters,dunno where the heck they've all came from😳🤬🤬🤬

Could be worse, you could have a hibbie infestation 

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

Not a lot of difference to be fair.

49 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Well when a lady rat meets a gentleman rat that she likes they have a special cuddle and then the lady rat is filled with baby rats that come out after a wee while and become big rats. 

Just now, FWJ said:

I heard that rats are cautious and if you put a trap down for them bait it but don’t set it for a couple of times.  After a few days bait + set it.

They have neophobia so anything new in a territory will be avoided for up to a week, traps or bait. If it's an area where infestations occur regularly it's worth while getting trap or bait boxes fitted, leave the traps set but with a saftey on and bait with non toxic bait until rat signs are noted then set the traps or swap the nontox' for poison bait. Make sure all other food sources are removed and try and restrict any material that rats can use as harborage.

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Well when a lady rat meets a gentleman rat that she likes they have a special cuddle and then the lady rat is filled with baby rats that come out after a wee while and become big rats. 

Must've been plenty special cuddles with a fair few to appear in a week 😅

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

They have neophobia so anything new in a territory will be avoided for up to a week, traps or bait. If it's an area where infestations occur regularly it's worth while getting trap or bait boxes fitted, leave the traps set but with a saftey on and bait with non toxic bait until rat signs are noted then set the traps or swap the nontox' for poison bait. Make sure all other food sources are removed and try and restrict any material that rats can use as harborage.

Got traps set with peanut butter, following day no peanut butter and no rats🤬

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Cost of living crisis solved. Dinner might get a bit samey, but it’s protein all the same. 

Will vacuum pack some for yourself,if I catch any!. Might taste a bit peanut butterly  though🥺

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Not a lot of difference to be fair.

Rats don't leave used needles and their sisters underwear lying about

John Gentleman

I order a $12 belt (as in trousers) from a local discount store, Click & Collect.

I get an SMS confirming my order.

I then get an SMS telling me my order is ready for collection, and to nominate a collection time. I tap "4.00pm", casually.

4.00pm comes and goes. I then get another SMS asking why I haven't collected my order. I'm presented with 3 response challenges: "Rearrange collection time"; "I'm on my way"; "I've arrived!". I tap "I'm on my way" and drive down to the store (5 minutes).

I park the car and I'm greeted with another SMS. This time it's 2 choices: "I'm still on my way" and "I've arrived!". I tap "I've arrived!" and lob up at the front of the store. I ask the security fella where I pick up my order. He says, "Customer service desk mate, right at the back of the store". So I trudge through the place and eventually get to customer service. There's 8 punters in front of me, queuing to collect their orders. They're all as pissed off as I am, having endured the same crap. 

40 minutes later I emerge triumphantly with my belt.

I get into the car and I'm confronted with another SMS: "It's been a pleasure serving you. Got time for a short survey?" They got more than a "short" ******* survey!
A cynic would suggest that they're actually trying to 'discourage' C&C orders.........much better (and more cost effective) to have punters self-serve their way in and out of the shop....

Dennis Reynolds

A yearly occurrence this time of year I'm sure, but cyclists with no lights on in the dark. The ones with no lights almost always pair it with completely dark clothing. Less common but did happen the other night was a car with no lights on as well. 

Weird ****s who deliberately block toilets with paper hand towels, it's easier to deposit the towels in the provided waste bin, rather than taking 2 steps back to guarantee their **** behaviour succeeds.

11 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

A yearly occurrence this time of year I'm sure, but cyclists with no lights on in the dark. The ones with no lights almost always pair it with completely dark clothing. Less common but did happen the other night was a car with no lights on as well. 

I almost wiped out 1 of these fuds the other night. As a car with bright headlights was coming towards me I couldn't see the bike twat until the last minute. On principle, when I went past him, he never got the legally required amount of space. I hope the twat fell off his bike at some point and grazed his knee.

1 hour ago, OBE said:

Weird ****s who deliberately block toilets with paper hand towels, it's easier to deposit the towels in the provided waste bin, rather than taking 2 steps back to guarantee their **** behaviour succeeds.

Ive found in my every day of life observations, if theres a wrong way some will find it, they

are actually very skilled at it, beyond me.😕

29 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Ive found in my every day of life observations, if theres a wrong way some will find it, they

are actually very skilled at it, beyond me.😕

Coward **** behaviour, all done out of sight, if caught they know they'd receive a hard dump in the pus...

Spoiler

from our burly female toilet attendants...🤪💥🤛

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

On Dalkeith Road this morning, some middle-aged lycra-clad twat was pedalling up the middle of the (at first) empty road, chatting to his mate who was on the pavement.

I saw a car coming up from Cameron Toll so gave him a friendly wee shout to let him know - he waved it away like I'd pissed on his cornflakes. Driver then has to undertake the cyclist, and gives him a beep of the horn. Cyclist starts mouthing off at the car driver. Cyclist then proceeds to cut right across the rest of the traffic to get into his wee cycle lane.

This kind of behaviour is why car drivers have such little respect for cyclists.

Totally agree, it's why I bought a dash cam due to the way some, not all, behave on the roads. If I hit a cyclist whilst driving, I need some evidence that I wasn't actually at fault.

Living in Lewis, the biggest problem I find with cyclists is on a single track road. To be fair, most of them are fine and will pull into the first passing place to let you go past. But there are some arseholes who believe that they don't need to do that. I give them the benefit of doubt and wait until the second passing place. After that, it's their problem as I'm going passed them. A couple of times I've noticed why they never let me past, they had their ear phones in while cycling and are unaware an almost 2 ton lump of metal with a loud engine is behind them, twats. 

If I was ever pulled over by the police wearing ear phones while driving, I'm sure the amount of penalty points I would rightly receive would make me realise how stupid I was.

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

On Dalkeith Road this morning, some middle-aged lycra-clad twat was pedalling up the middle of the (at first) empty road, chatting to his mate who was on the pavement.

I saw a car coming up from Cameron Toll so gave him a friendly wee shout to let him know - he waved it away like I'd pissed on his cornflakes. Driver then has to undertake the cyclist, and gives him a beep of the horn. Cyclist starts mouthing off at the car driver. Cyclist then proceeds to cut right across the rest of the traffic to get into his wee cycle lane.

This kind of behaviour is why car drivers have such little respect for cyclists.

What’s wrong with Lycra like ? 

3 hours ago, superjack said:

I almost wiped out 1 of these fuds the other night. As a car with bright headlights was coming towards me I couldn't see the bike twat until the last minute. On principle, when I went past him, he never got the legally required amount of space. I hope the twat fell off his bike at some point and grazed his knee.

I had the same the other night, blinded by an oncoming car, with the cyclist coming towards me along parked cars me on my side of the road. It's like these idiots have a death wish.

14 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

That's @Tazio

3 hours ago, superjack said:

That was @Tazio

Earlier in the week as I was proceeding along Joppa/Porty High St I had a car parked the opposite way and out popped a child of perhaps 5/6 onto the road side. It was dark, lights still on blinding me, and really didn't see the kid until the last minute. Very very close to being an utter disaster all round!

28 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

That's @Tazio

That was @Tazio

It’s my favourite time of year. Get all my darkest clothes on, strip any lights or reflectors off my bikes,  then head out for a bit of a laugh after it gets dark. An absolute hoot seeing how many drivers I can laugh at sitting in their cars purple in the face with fury after I’ve mysteriously appeared in front of them. 

henrysmithsgloves
20 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

And for the defence your honour …..

05140447-85D0-47C4-A65B-EB61E5D3D4B2.jpeg

Sorry it's mamil in my area.....Middle..Aged...Men...In...Lycra😁

25 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Sorry it's mamil in my area.....Middle..Aged...Men...In...Lycra😁

Working on the premise that all middle aged men are fat and out of shape? 

henrysmithsgloves
33 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Working on the premise that all middle aged men are fat and out of shape? 

They mostly are in my area🤣 

The problem is that far too many cyclists ignore the walkways/cycle paths that criss-cross the city and insist on using the roads.
This is because they're former car users and have never bothered to look at a cycle map so they stick to the roads they know.

Not only is this dangerous for them (articulated lorry vs bike only has one winner) but it adds to their journey time, going the long way around instead of cutting through a cycle path.

https://www.opencyclemap.org/

7 minutes ago, Cade said:

The problem is that far too many cyclists ignore the walkways/cycle paths that criss-cross the city and insist on using the roads.
This is because they're former car users and have never bothered to look at a cycle map so they stick to the roads they know.

Not only is this dangerous for them (articulated lorry vs bike only has one winner) but it adds to their journey time, going the long way around instead of cutting through a cycle path.

https://www.opencyclemap.org/

Not true that cycle paths are quicker. If I go by cycle path on the way to work it’s around 25 minutes. If I go straight along Queensferry Road (in the cycle lane) over the Dean Bridge and up onto Lothian Road I can do it in 18 minutes or less. You can cycle quicker on a road as on a cycle path there are pedestrians and dog walkers so you have to be safe with your speed. 

49 minutes ago, Korky said:

Posing **seholes who wear back to front baseball caps while exercising at the gym.

And even worse - the prats wearing beanie hats!

I wear a baseball cap at the gym sometimes but usually the right way round. I assume it the right way round.  Not a fan of beanies but I do wear woolie hats as it good to keep the heat in.