The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

3 hours ago, Chaps said:

First Christmas advert on tv.

It’s only October for **** sake.

Just heard *** wizzard on a very catalogue advert on radio.

Not impressed. 

All this Xmas stuff getting earlier every year just makes me fed up of it by the time the big day comes and I'm now a right Grinch these last few years. 😡

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Chaps said:

First Christmas advert on tv.

It’s only October for **** sake.

Seen that today too

8th October FFS

:seething:

pharmaceutical01

Political commentators ask a question and halfway during the answer interrupt and ask another one....whichever party it is let us hear the answer, it might be valid...they all think they are that erse Paxman

All roads lead to Gorgie

Drivers who drive right to the front of a queue of traffic waiting at temporary lights and force their way in. By the time they have done that the lights have changed again and everyone has barely moved.

Edit, I will add those that let them in to the seethe.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

19 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

COVID booster and flu jab appointment at 10:52am today. Joined the queue at 10:30 and left the premises 2 hours later! 

Had mine at Rosewell this morning.  I arrived 10 minutes early, was taken right away, and was out the door before my appointment time.

8 minutes ago, Meathook said:

Had mine at Rosewell this morning.  I arrived 10 minutes early, was taken right away, and was out the door before my appointment time.

Stuarts gonna love this post...

42 minutes ago, OBE said:

Stuarts gonna love this post...

Just glad to hear not every vaccination centre was as busy as Ocean Terminal was yesterday! I live near Blackford Pond and would like to think there is a nearer vaccination centre.

6 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Just glad to hear not every vaccination centre was as busy as Ocean Terminal was yesterday! I live near Blackford Pond and would like to think there is a nearer vaccination centre.

:thumb:

16 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Ponton Street or Waverley Mall might have been a bit handier for you, as long as you weren't driving of course. Hopefully you're not suffering any side effects after that nonsense.

Dick Dastardly

I just walked half a mile to the shop, filled up my basket and realised i didn't have my wallet. Seething with myself 

got my gas and electric meters changed to smart meters this week. where i live the signal does not appear to be good enough for them to connect to the power company. i changed perfectly good meters for just another set of dumb meters

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

got my gas and electric meters changed to smart meters this week. where i live the signal does not appear to be good enough for them to connect to the power company. i changed perfectly good meters for just another set of dumb meters

We had the same problem.

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Yanks trying to get me to help improve their golf swing. The only advice I wanted to give was find a new sport. 

The main purpose of golf is to make make utter ****s easily identifiable.

Jambo_jim2001
5 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I just walked half a mile to the shop, filled up my basket and realised i didn't have my wallet. Seething with myself 

😂😂 That's up there with no bog roll toilet 

William H. Bonney
3 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

The main purpose of golf is to make make utter ****s easily identifiable.

What's your handicap? 

il Duce McTarkin
7 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

What's your handicap? 

Responding to ****s on Kickback.

20 hours ago, Meathook said:

Ponton Street or Waverley Mall might have been a bit handier for you, as long as you weren't driving of course. Hopefully you're not suffering any side effects after that nonsense.

All good thanks. There seemed to be quite a few from our area. We spotted 3 neighbours and the 6 people in front of us were  all from Grange Terrace. Former councillor Jenny Dawe and her husband were also in the queue and they live near Strathern Road. So it looks like the area was selected for the OT site! Can't get my head round that plan!

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Another cold caller, another no, what a waste o time.

If you have to give a phone number online for anything just use a fake number or give them 07956432238 which will let them listen to a voicemail rant about wasting peoples time by Joe Lycett

On 03/02/2013 at 16:54, Der Kaiser said:

Why......

For a room no-one except for me, my wife and my kids really go in......

This room being our bedroom.......

Why......

When I make the bed........

Must I......

after making the bed........

Carefully arrange a scattering of different cushions across the top of the bed.....

What the F__k are these cushions for? Why am I getting grief when I don't do this? Why is it ok for them to be thrown into the corner of the bedroom when we're sleeping but delicately arranged when we're working and there is no-one in the house? Is my window cleaners depression alieviated at the sight of our "showroom" bed? Will burglars be deterred from ransacking my house when they see how "lovely" the bed looks? Is it to lure them to sleep so we can catch them in the act?

What are these cushions for?

I know one of my mates also suffers from this? Is this a widespread problem? Is this too many questions? Is it?

A comparable phenomenon is 'the bed scarf'. A strip of contrasting material of no thermal benefit whatsoever that must be arranged across the foot of the bed from one side to the other. Serves no purpose but to be crumpled during the night and carefully rearranged in the morning.  By the way, my overnight cushion pile did have one use the other night - a house for the biggest ****ing spider I've ever seen. The size and features of a collie dug. 

Left my glasses at work. And my arms now aren't long enough to read my phone without them. Broke my spare readers in the bath at the weekend as well.

5 minutes ago, superjack said:

Left my glasses at work. And my arms now aren't long enough to read my phone without them. Broke my spare readers in the bath at the weekend as well.

jack duckworth your broken pair

1 hour ago, Daktari said:

A comparable phenomenon is 'the bed scarf'. A strip of contrasting material of no thermal benefit whatsoever that must be arranged across the foot of the bed from one side to the other. Serves no purpose but to be crumpled during the night and carefully rearranged in the morning.  By the way, my overnight cushion pile did have one use the other night - a house for the biggest ****ing spider I've ever seen. The size and features of a collie dug. 

It's cool.

We divorced the year after and I've left my bed as a shambles ever since.....couldnt be happier!

:rofl:

15 hours ago, Ribble said:

If you have to give a phone number online for anything just use a fake number or give them 07956432238 which will let them listen to a voicemail rant about wasting peoples time by Joe Lycett

This was at my front door, 3rd one in a few weeks.

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

You can get a sticker for your door saying you don't want cold callers. Anyone ignoring that can be reported, so that might put off those from legitimate companies. If it doesn't stop them, you can just point at it and slam the door.  I think you can get them free from Trading Standards, or you an buy one for a quid or so on Ebay.

Here's a picture of one you can print and stick on your door in the meantime. 😁

s-l1600.jpg

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Those aren't as bad, you can waste their time and they can't just hang up on you, had talk talk at my door a few weeks ago, asked if I could grab my ipad to make notes and jotted down everything they were saying about my current provider (Sky) before started pulling them up on their ofcom ratings on complaints, customer service etc, only as they were trying to sleek away I mentioned that I actually work for Sky and would be lodging a complaint about their false statements regarding sky 

My Grandad used to love when Johovah's chapped his door, he'd done his military service in Egypt, Jerusalem etc so would invite them in, sit them down and then quiz them about why they hadn't, as true believers, been to the holy land/jerusalem etc

On 09/10/2022 at 10:42, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Drivers who drive right to the front of a queue of traffic waiting at temporary lights and force their way in. By the time they have done that the lights have changed again and everyone has barely moved.

You're supposed to queue in both lanes unless otherwise instructed.

Rule 134 of the Highway code:

You should follow the signs and road markings and get into the lane as directed. In congested road conditions do not change lanes unnecessarily. Merging in turn is recommended but only if safe and appropriate when vehicles are travelling at a very low speed, e.g. when approaching road works or a road traffic incident. It is not recommended at high speed.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/driving-advice/zip-merging/

If there's lots of traffic, everyone going into the same lane early doubles the length of the queue, pushing congestion further back.  If everyone just merged correctly, and went in the correct order, it speeds everything up.  What actually causes the problems is people not letting another driver in, or 2 cars trying to merge in at the same time, which causes everyone to slow down unnecessarily:

img-3.gif

All roads lead to Gorgie
34 minutes ago, tian447 said:

You're supposed to queue in both lanes unless otherwise instructed.

Rule 134 of the Highway code:

You should follow the signs and road markings and get into the lane as directed. In congested road conditions do not change lanes unnecessarily. Merging in turn is recommended but only if safe and appropriate when vehicles are travelling at a very low speed, e.g. when approaching road works or a road traffic incident. It is not recommended at high speed.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/driving-advice/zip-merging/

If there's lots of traffic, everyone going into the same lane early doubles the length of the queue, pushing congestion further back.  If everyone just merged correctly, and went in the correct order, it speeds everything up.  What actually causes the problems is people not letting another driver in, or 2 cars trying to merge in at the same time, which causes everyone to slow down unnecessarily:

img-3.gif

It's never as easy as that example though. A lot of the traffic in the outside lane are long wheel based vans or 4 by 4s and leaving enough room to let them in between normal sized cars isn't easy. I still think merging at least a hundred yards back causes less delay as everything at the front is moving as soon as the light goes green!

55 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It's never as easy as that example though. A lot of the traffic in the outside lane are long wheel based vans or 4 by 4s and leaving enough room to let them in between normal sized cars isn't easy. I still think merging at least a hundred yards back causes less delay as everything at the front is moving as soon as the light goes green!

A bit common sense keeps the traffic flowing, but as you say , its never that easy,😕.

On 09/10/2022 at 10:42, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I'd confiscate their cars and crush em, less motors on the road, less congestion and less pollution, what's not to like...with you all the way on this Arltg...🤜💥🤛

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

My mum bought a no soliciting sticker for her front door. Seems to work, except when a pikie rings the bell (although I had to explain to her what a pikie was when he explained he couldn't read).

12 minutes ago, OBE said:

I'd confiscate their cars and crush em, less motors on the road, less congestion and less pollution, what's not to like...with you all the way on this Arltg...🤜💥🤛

More room for bikes lol.🙂

3 minutes ago, FWJ said:

On bus.

Bloke just got on in work clothes & filthy-looking work boots.  Just put his feet up on seat opposite.

OOOOOO one of my pet hates.  Dirty clarty gits. 

On 13/10/2022 at 09:09, Harry Potter said:

Lidl, wee bit advice, get at least one person on a till, self service is not my idea of fun.

Its happening everywhere now.  The " Tiger" shop in the Waverly mall has only one checkout now .  Boots in Princes street is similar too.  People like face to face interaction.  Its nothing about customer care and service its about profits and less staff. 

57 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Its happening everywhere now.  The " Tiger" shop in the Waverly mall has only one checkout now .  Boots in Princes street is similar too.  People like face to face interaction.  Its nothing about customer care and service its about profits and less staff. 

Put my empty bag on the the space at the self service till only for the mystery voice to say "remove last item from the baggage area; assistance is on its way". I said to the assistant "bring back people".

1 minute ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Put my empty bag on the the space at the self service till only for the mystery voice to say "remove last item from the baggage area; assistance is on its way". I said to the assistant "bring back people".

For some people it might be the only human interaction they have that day. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Self service checkouts are a pain especially if you have any booze or a humble packet of paracetamol in your basket. The one assistant has to go round a lot of unexpected items in the packing area calls before they finally get to you to verify your age. 

Why do Aldi and Lidl have work boots and other footwear on sale that only go up to size 11. 

Signed Big Foot .

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the doctor today with what feels like a hernia. However, doctor thinks I'm just full of shite and has given me laxatives.

I now have to spend the next 2 days not being able to trust a fart.

Konrad von Carstein
5 hours ago, superjack said:

Went to the doctor today with what feels like a hernia. However, doctor thinks I'm just full of shite and has given me laxatives.

A poster on here that's full of shite?

No.Way!

:lol:

5 hours ago, superjack said:

I done that. Doctor felt my baws and told me I had an STI, caused by trauma or being dirty. Told him it was impossible.

The antibiotics done nothing. 6 weeks later I drew a dot with a magic marker where it hurt and seen another doctor. I was in and out within 3 minutes with a referral for hernia surgery. I've still not punched Dr Cheng for calling my wife a slag.