The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

On 05/12/2022 at 10:12, Dick Dastardly said:

And now all the sockets upstairs have stopped working! ****ing absolutely seething. Looks like i won't be getting myself a present this Christmas. 

Check the mains. Master switch fused?

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Check the mains. Master switch fused?

No idea. None of the trip switches have tripped and that is the limit of my knowledge 

luckyBatistuta
35 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

No idea. None of the trip switches have tripped and that is the limit of my knowledge 

Have you checked the rcd switch

Dick Dastardly
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Have you checked the rcd switch

The one in the wall that turns the cooker on and off? Yeah, thats the one that isn't turning on

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The one in the wall that turns the cooker on and off? Yeah, thats the one that isn't turning on

On the fuse board. I know you’ve checked the sockets switch, but did you also check the rcd switch 

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Dick Dastardly
4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

On the fuse board 

It can't be that, it's only some sockets and the cooker that aren't working. Everything else is fine.

Edit... Definitely not that switch! 

Edited by Dick Dastardly

henrysmithsgloves

Cooker should be on a separate RCD👍 also my sockets have two different RCDs depending on where they are in the house 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

It can't be that, it's only some sockets and the cooker that aren't working. Everything else is fine.

Edit... Definitely not that switch! 

I thought it was all of the upstairs sockets

Dick Dastardly
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

I thought it was all of the upstairs sockets

Yeah, but the downstairs ones are fine. I've only got a couple upstairs. I maybe wasn't very clear. Sorry 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Yeah, but the downstairs ones are fine. I've only got a couple upstairs. I maybe wasn't very clear. Sorry 

Sorry bud, I’m not a spark anyway. Hopefully you get it sorted🤞

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Upstairs and downstairs will be on a different circuit as well.

Basically you should have a switch board with lots of various switches on it that tackle different parts of the house. It sounds like one of the switches is in the off or down position.

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Sorry bud, I’m not a spark anyway. Hopefully you get it sorted🤞

Yeah, me too! I'm getting a bit fed up of salad and half cooked toast. Cheers 

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, stu said:

Upstairs and downstairs will be on a different circuit as well.

Basically you should have a switch board with lots of various switches on it that tackle different parts of the house. It sounds like one of the switches is in the off or down position.

That’s what I was trying to say and the down switch being the rcd

Dick Dastardly
Just now, stu said:

image.png.be6feac0ae6faa347e2ec68d17582080.png

Will look like this?  Switches in the pic are all off. They are on when in the up position

Yeah, I've checked all those. All of them are on. I've even tried turning them off and on (the absolute zenith of my diy knowledge) and that didn't help. Cheers pal. 

46 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Yeah, I've checked all those. All of them are on. I've even tried turning them off and on (the absolute zenith of my diy knowledge) and that didn't help. Cheers pal. 

try youtube.  They have loads of self help videos for almost anything 

Captain Sausage
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

try youtube.  They have loads of self help videos for almost anything 

Do NOT try and mess with your electrics courtesy of a YouTube video. 

Might feel expensive but an NICEIC sparky will find and sort the problem safely. Better that than you kill yourself or burn your house down. 

Just now, Captain Sausage said:

Might feel expensive but an NICEIC sparky will find and sort the problem safely. Better that than you kill yourself or burn your house down. 

Aye probably true :) 

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Sounds like a dare......

:kirk:

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Whose was bigger?

The fox shite is stinking .. hoovered up a big jobby with leaves from the cherry tree..

The wet jobby sprayed my face and clothing so I can officially say I talk shite 

I've put a Jihad on the fox as he's also destroyed bulbs I planted a few days ago .

The fox will die .

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The fox shite is stinking .. hoovered up a big jobby with leaves from the cherry tree..

I've put a Jihad on the fox as he's also destroyed bulbs I planted a few days ago .

The fox will die .

https://countrysquire.co.uk/2022/03/25/fox-stew-a-recipe-for-urban-fox-lovers/

2 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The fox will die .

What  a distasteful tale 

D5E2C05C-AC42-4969-9242-9185958E7B35.gif

8 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

That's the ****in tree and decorations going up🤬

Mine went up last month, she was told, if you put the tree lights on, shut the blinds, im not be branded as a clown😏.

8 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Not once have I EVER been tempted to eat a Fox.

It's just meat, with a cute fluffy tail.

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Mine went up last month, she was told, if you put the tree lights on, shut the blinds, im not be branded as a clown😏.

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

I was hoping I was going to get away with putting them up on Christmas eve and ripping the bloody things down on Hogmanay again. 

12 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

That's the ****in tree and decorations going up🤬

A few years back I put fairy lights around one of my mirrors in my living room . I have never  took them down Since . Adds a big colour to a room . Not put up the other decs yet though . I’m a traditionalist, 12 days before and 12 days after Xmas day . 

It's Xmas feckin jumper day in the office even though we are all working from home. They can ram their Xmas feckin jumpers up their collective Xmas arseholes!!

I always thought that traditionally decorations were put up (or at least lit) on Christmas Eve and removed just before the 6th of January - the Twelve Days of Christmas.

I’m not sure when this ‘twelve days before’ thing started.  It’s what loads of people did at my old work, like it was an age-old tradition but it seems a pretty new idea to me.

1 hour ago, JWL said:

It's Xmas feckin jumper day in the office even though we are all working from home. They can ram their Xmas feckin jumpers up their collective Xmas arseholes!!

Do folk actually buy these products, fair play to anyone that wears one, their choice, i will pass.

when the guy at the local supermarket ticks the " no id required looks visibly over 25" and doesnt even ask for id.  

11 hours ago, JWL said:

Been my Christmas jumper for years now.

I enjoy wearing it every year at work if just to have folk say "Can you wear that in a school?"

Screenshot_20221208_220113_Google.jpg

henrysmithsgloves
4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

when the guy at the local supermarket ticks the " no id required looks visibly over 25" and doesnt even ask for id.  

The cops look like kids😲

We got got our son a coat for his Christmas, a Napapijri, the medium was too big and a small arrived today.....too small🤬🤬

when the cling film starts to all fall apart when you try to use it and try to fix it so it rolls in sheets again...feckin annoying. I was about to through it out the windae.

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

when the cling film starts to all fall apart when you try to use it and try to fix it so it rolls in sheets again...feckin annoying. I was about to through it out the windae.

Posting back because it was the wrong size?

images (1).jpeg

henrysmithsgloves
25 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No he’s too good looking to be him 😂

Porteous had a haircut? He does look happy though,maybe that was at half time yesterday ... surprised though his head isn't that shape,with all the injuries to it😅

Edited by henrysmithsgloves

Just been to Fort Kinnaird for the first time in about 20 years.  Do you know the only thing you can’t find there?  Any sign pointing to how to get out of the sodding car park(s).

2 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Just been to Fort Kinnaird for the first time in about 20 years.  Do you know the only thing you can’t find there?  Any sign pointing to how to get out of the sodding car park(s).

Just follow a bus, they ain't shopping...:D

Dennis Reynolds
4 minutes ago, FWJ said:

😂

I always just go right round the outside of the car park. It's slightly longer but at least I know I'm heading in the right direction.