The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

luckyBatistuta
40 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I'm extremely disappointed with the lack of seethe over first day at school pictures this year. Has everyone gone soft during the lockdown? 

Certainly wouldn’t be getting any from myself. Both my boys tested positive for COVID this morning just before they were  leaving. As if they haven’t missed enough school already due to all of this😞

• Replies 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• jonnothejambo

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

iantjambo
46 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Certainly wouldn’t be getting any from myself. Both my boys tested positive for COVID this morning just before they were  leaving. As if they haven’t missed enough school already due to all of this😞

Thats shit LB. Hope they’re both ok bud.

Covid really need to ******* do one now 😡.

My laddie missed the last week before the summer holidays due to someone in his class testing positive.

luckyBatistuta
8 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Covid really need to ******* do one now 😡.

My laddie missed the last week before the summer holidays due to someone in his class testing positive.

All of us are not too bad at the moment. Think they might have got it at the trampolining they were at on Friday. Just no end in sight of this. It’s all the kids education I worry most about.

Edited by luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

That’s not so good. Hopefully they won’t be bothered by it; outside missing school.

Like yourself will be glad when kid# education gets back to ‘normality’

Jury service. The procedures and systems for notifying you of your service are inefficient and confusing. A day wasted.

3fingersreid
15 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

This council need ####ing emptied. One third the length of George street a bicycle lane now. A lovely dreamy sunny day too, how many of them do we get a year🙄 

1D036ADA-9B53-4C65-9C20-E6DC7EE83764.jpeg

Going by that picture , Queen St is going to be a joy in future to drive along ( more like sitting still in one big traffic jam) 

13 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

All of us are not too bad at the moment. Think they might have got it at the trampolining they were at on Friday. Just no end in sight of this. It’s all the kids education I worry most about.

hope you and the kids are okay , don’t worry too much about getting an education , they can always become taxi drivers 😉

18 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

This council need ####ing emptied. One third the length of George street a bicycle lane now. A lovely dreamy sunny day too, how many of them do we get a year🙄 

looks excellent

3fingersreid
18 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just had another look at this picture , see the 4 bikes that have stopped at the crossing ( yeah that’ll happen right enough) , see the twat in the recumbent bike ,blue top on, they bikes should immediately be banned from road use . Having a stupid triangular flag on a thin pole does not make it any easier to see them , I’d also ask why they’d want to be at a level with exhaust pipes whilst cycling about ? 

IronJambo

Robert Jenrick 🤬

And I thought I couldn't dislike anyone more than Michael Gove.

luckyBatistuta
19 hours ago, iantjambo said:

17 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

That’s not so good. Hopefully they won’t be bothered by it; outside missing school.

Like yourself will be glad when kid# education gets back to ‘normality’

6 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

hope you and the kids are okay , don’t worry too much about getting an education , they can always become taxi drivers 

Cheers guys. Just had our results back from the test centre. Both my boys and myself have it, but my wife doesn’t. Told her that I’m not surprised, as COVID would be fearful of entering such an inhospitable environment 😂

milky_26
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Cheers guys. Just had our results back from the test centre. Both my boys and myself have it, but my wife doesn’t. Told her that I’m not surprised, as COVID would be fearful of entering such an inhospitable environment 😂

at least you know covid is not getting a chance to kill you

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Just had another look at this picture , see the 4 bikes that have stopped at the crossing ( yeah that’ll happen right enough) , see the twat in the recumbent bike ,blue top on, they bikes should immediately be banned from road use . Having a stupid triangular flag on a thin pole does not make it any easier to see them , I’d also ask why they’d want to be at a level with exhaust pipes whilst cycling about ? 

Totally agree with banning these twats from being on the road. They should also do the same with these irresponsible parents who have the little extension on the back of their bicycles with a little kid waggling about behind them. Also these ones with a kid sitting in a little box at the front😡

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

at least you know covid is not getting a chance to kill you

:laugh2:

I’m more worried about the ringing in my ears for the next 10 days😕

iantjambo
10 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:lol:

And now we can add broken nose and severe internal bleeding To LB’s list of symptoms :rofl:

jonnothejambo
14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Hope you and your family recover soon. 

Your wife will be kept busy feeding you lot, doing dishes and sleeping in the garage....

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Hope you and your family recover soon. 

Your wife will be kept busy feeding you lot, doing dishes and sleeping in the garage....

Close, more likely we will all be punted to the garage pal

jonnothejambo
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Close, more likely we will all be punted to the garage pal

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

And now we can add broken nose and severe internal bleeding To LB’s list of symptoms :rofl:

:rofl:

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Totally agree with banning these twats from being on the road. They should also do the same with these irresponsible parents who have the little extension on the back of their bicycles with a little kid waggling about behind them. Also these ones with a kid sitting in a little box at the front😡

I saw one of those little cycle snakes yesterday, full of parents trying to get their kids to cycle to school. Nice idea, but this overzealous lot had a point to prove.

Overheard them all discussing which route to take - they actually wanted to cycle further just so they could use the cycle lane. Doing so would put their kids nearer more cars and their emissions, cause congestion at the lights (there would be no lights on the direct route) and also force commuter cyclists out of the cycle lane and into the flow of vehicle traffic, thus causing more cars/vans to idle at the lights. Could also hear them commenting on every car that went past them, as if those cars had no right to be there. They just don't get the fact that some folk need to drop their kids off by car because their work is not within cyclable distance and/or they have loads to carry, such as tradespeople. Ignorant and intolerant, the lot of them.

Stuart Lyon

Yesterday I saw a cyclist (woman) with a kid on a seat in front of her handlebars another on a seat over the back wheel! She was struggling a bit and couldn't easily see the third child who was on a bike of its own as it was behind her.

Whe do parent when out with children on bikes not let the children go ahead of them so they can see and supervise them?

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Yesterday I saw a cyclist (woman) with a kid on a seat in front of her handlebars another on a seat over the back wheel! She was struggling a bit and couldn't easily see the third child who was on a bike of its own as it was behind her.

Whe do parent when out with children on bikes not let the children go ahead of them so they can see and supervise them?

Seen quite a few doing that recently. Idiots, they can’t possibly give their child their full attention when they are in front of the child.

Spellczech

Just seen a ridiculously obese woman on the BBC Scotland news bemoaning her children's "child poverty" and worry that they won't know where their lunch is coming from - Argh! There is no such thing as "child poverty" - it is parents failing their kids by spending their benefits/"entitlements" on fags, booze, drugs, designer clobber and rubbish food!

Sooperstar
11 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Just seen a ridiculously obese woman on the BBC Scotland news bemoaning her children's "child poverty" and worry that they won't know where their lunch is coming from - Argh! There is no such thing as "child poverty" - it is parents failing their kids by spending their benefits/"entitlements" on fags, booze, drugs, designer clobber and rubbish food!

Nonsense. Ignorant nonsense.

No 1 child says she has school prep to do and can she use my office/study. Now this is generally a no no in my household for all manners of reasons 

However, today I said yes. Mainly because I had to take the boy to a&e, as he had broke his finger.

Anyway I have just entered my office. Two ****ing school bags strewn across the floor. I can’t see my keyboard under papers at my desk. My meeting table is covered with about a hundred books.

I couldn’t figure out where the books had come from. Then I look at my bookshelves and they have been partially emptied and replaced with a variety of Lego she has been working on. 

I can’t even find the stuff I was working on before she went in. 

:seething:

Stu_HMFC

I started with the company I work with nearly 3 years ago now. The woman who left the company who I replaced was good friends with everyone with this office she used to return once or twice to have lunch with them with her daughter.

Fast forward 3 years my department are looking for a new staff member a perfect opportunity to bring someone new fresh faced in.

My manager announced this morning that the girl who left just before I started is coming back! She has interviewed no one and offered her the job right away as she believes in second chances ( she left to go RBS never worked out within the first 6 months and then became a carer)

So all the girls in the office are buzzing because their wee pal is coming back into the department they are going on about her as if the sun shines out her hoop. They are all away out on Saturday for drinks and shes going out with them. 

The Manager has taken the easy option not interviewed anyone for the postilion even said it herself that saves her interviewing . It's just sad and very amateurish bringing her pal back into the department. A few other staff members who were not keen on her said she will come back and think shes never been away will come back and think she runs the place. 

Harry Potter

Couple of empty cans of red bull on my forecourt, product not working as they lack the energy

to put said cans in to the bin 2 yards away,  mind you we cant expect miracles from some folk.

Stu_HMFC
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Couple of empty cans of red bull on my forecourt, product not working as they lack the energy

to put said cans in to the bin 2 yards away,  mind you we cant expect miracles from some folk.

😂 get them fined 

On 01/08/2021 at 14:16, 3fingersreid said:

I agree the smell is disgusting , not sure the people smoking it realise that when they’ve finished it makes them stink too? 
I’m at my angriest regarding the smell when sitting behind or beside a vehicle and someone is smoking it and driving , no different from drink driving in my view and should receive a heavy punishment . 

On 01/08/2021 at 16:37, Salad Fingers said:

Yes! That is ridiculous. Seen a guy in his fifties at the beach a while ago who was in full leathers smoking a joint and getting back on his bike. Idiotic behaviour. 

I know it's tolerated a lot more these days but it seems to give people the impression they can just smoke it whenever and wherever they like. 

What if they're doing it legally?

On 19/08/2021 at 20:08, Lord BJ said:

No 1 child says she has school prep to do and can she use my office/study. Now this is generally a no no in my household for all manners of reasons 

However, today I said yes. Mainly because I had to take the boy to a&e, as he had broke his finger.

Anyway I have just entered my office. Two ****ing school bags strewn across the floor. I can’t see my keyboard under papers at my desk. My meeting table is covered with about a hundred books.

I couldn’t figure out where the books had come from. Then I look at my bookshelves and they have been partially emptied and replaced with a variety of Lego she has been working on. 

I can’t even find the stuff I was working on before she went in. 

:seething:

😆

3fingersreid
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Doing what legally ? I’m not sure that the law on drug driving has been changed so I’d guess it’s still illegal ? 

Edited by 3fingersreid
Salad Fingers
35 minutes ago, Smithee said:

In what way is smoking a joint and driving a motorbike legal? I genuinely don't know. 

No matter the legality, it is still idiotic behaviour. 

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Doing what legally ? I’m not sure that the law on drug driving has been changed so I’d guess it’s still illegal ? 

28 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

In what way is smoking a joint and driving a motorbike legal? I genuinely don't know. 

If they have a prescription they're exempt from the rules on having it in their system. Of course it's in their system, it's supposed to be.

They're still responsible for their driving, but there's nothing stopping someone with a prescription smoking a joint while driving.

25 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Weed is legal in U.K. under prescription, there is an automatic statutory defence for thc in system if your are prescribed it. 

Now I personally wouldn’t want to test it and in no way am I promoting drug driving, no one should be driving under the influence if they are impaired 

However, people who are prescribed medical cannabis will almost find it impossible to pass a drug driving test if following prescription, even when not under influence. 

It is a medicinal substance in U.K. nowadays. 

I repeat in no way am I promoting anyone driving ‘high’.

Salad Fingers
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If they have a prescription they're exempt from the rules on having it in their system. Of course it's in their system, it's supposed to be.

They're still responsible for their driving, but there's nothing stopping someone with a prescription smoking a joint while driving.

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Weed is legal in U.K. under prescription, there is an automatic statutory defence for thc in system if your are prescribed it. 

Now I personally wouldn’t want to test it and in no way am I promoting drug driving, no one should be driving under the influence if they are impaired 

However, people who are prescribed medical cannabis will almost find it impossible to pass a drug driving test if following prescription, even when not under influence. 

It is a medicinal substance in U.K. nowadays. 

Fair do's. I wasn't aware of the laws around medicinal cannabis. 

Some of the stuff these days though, I wouldn't even be able to turn the key in the ignition after a joint of that. 

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Some of the stuff these days though, I wouldn't even be able to turn the key in the ignition after a joint of that. 

I think it's only with a proper prescription, which means only prescription weed and that'll at least be a known quantity, a known strain from a known provider.

They must know enough about whatever strain it is to decide the benefits outweigh the risks.

3fingersreid

I think that’s at the far end of the truth spectrum 😂

6 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I can live with that

3fingersreid

14 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I can still live with that

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

i think that’s part of the issue. If prescribed medically it’s not same as someone using it to get high. 

Our tolerance to things, including thc, builds very quickly so what may get you high (once in while user) might do little more than relieve pain for medical user (thc prescribed daily), they by default develop a tolerance. 

Totally agree with you, no one should be driving ‘high’. It’s not just that straight forward nowadays. 

My daughter has underlying medical condition and she has had a few problems lately. She was prescribed morphine to help with pain, there has been a discussion around whether medical marijuana might be a solution. Her condition is rare and complicated but they feel might be less harsh, help with inflammation amongst pain relief, she’s ****ing 14. 

I doubt she will ever pass a drug test 😞

Deciding between heroin or pot for my daughter😂

Konrad von Carstein
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

i think that’s part of the issue. If prescribed medically it’s not same as someone using it to get high. 

Our tolerance to things, including thc, builds very quickly so what may get you high (once in while user) might do little more than relieve pain for medical user (thc prescribed daily), they by default develop a tolerance. 

Totally agree with you, no one should be driving ‘high’. It’s not just that straight forward nowadays. 

My daughter has underlying medical condition and she has had a few problems lately. She was prescribed morphine to help with pain, there has been a discussion around whether medical marijuana might be a solution. Her condition is rare and complicated but they feel might be less harsh, help with inflammation amongst pain relief, she’s ****ing 14. 

I doubt she will ever pass a drug test 😞

Deciding between heroin or pot for my daughter😂

Either sounds like a fair swap....

This was funny in my head, apologies if it causes offence.

Der Kaiser

Wood pigeons.

Every.

Single. 

Day.....I slow down for these dumb feckin birds at the start of my morning commute.

Any other bird is off long before I get near with my car but these arseholes just amble about in the middle of the street with not a care in the world. They could do this on the pavement, the house gardens, the trees but no....middle of the road, waddling about looking for god knows what like an American tourist in town during the fringe.

I'm done slowing for them now. My commute will now play a significant role in their evolution in Penicuik. They'll need to be more aware and quicker off the block otherwise I'm running these pricks over.

And I don't care about my car. I'm happy to leave their skull imprints and feathers stuck to the front of my motor like some sort of Aves Mad Max.

Governor Tarkin
On 25/08/2021 at 14:50, Lord BJ said:

I've never drunk driven, but would occasionally drive home from the bursds after a couple of spliffs back in the '90s.

I mind crawling up Wardlaw Place at about 5mph in a blizzard and could've sworn that I was in the Millennium Falcon jumping to hyperspace. 

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Wood pigeons.

Every.

Single. 

Day.....I slow down for these dumb feckin birds at the start of my morning commute.

Any other bird is off long before I get near with my car but these arseholes just amble about in the middle of the street with not a care in the world. They could do this on the pavement, the house gardens, the trees but no....middle of the road, waddling about looking for god knows what like an American tourist in town during the fringe.

I'm done slowing for them now. My commute will now play a significant role in their evolution in Penicuik. They'll need to be more aware and quicker off the block otherwise I'm running these pricks over.

And I don't care about my car. I'm happy to leave their skull imprints and feathers stuck to the front of my motor like some sort of Aves Mad Max.

:laugh: Never a truer set of words put down. 

On a related matter, are regular street pigeons dying out, I barely see any these days!?

iantjambo
1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

:laugh: Never a truer set of words put down. 

On a related matter, are regular street pigeons dying out, I barely see any these days!?

Onviously, Der Kaiser isn’t the only one getting pissed off with them :lol:

ArcticJambo
5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Onviously, Der Kaiser isn’t the only one getting pissed off with them :lol:

😆 Yes, I pretty much have an encounter with one everyday, and do my best. :th_o:

luckyBatistuta

Farmers…

Normally use National tyres, who help me out a lot. Had to use Farmers today. Phoned them up and they said to bring it down now and they’d replace the tyre. Old guy came in with a camper van as I arrived and was told they were really busy and not sure they could do it. He’s away happy about an hour ago😤 Another 4/5 folks been in and gone too and I’m still sitting waiting😡One guy just came in 15 minutes ago, new tyre on and he’s away🤬After an hour and a half the guy just came through and says I’ve found your puncture, but the tyre isn’t worth fixing. I ####ing told him I wanted a new tyre when I arrived🤯 ####ing useless #####, won’t be getting any money off me again🤬🤬🤬

iantjambo
20 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Farmers…

Normally use National tyres, who help me out a lot. Had to use Farmers today. Phoned them up and they said to bring it down now and they’d replace the tyre. Old guy came in with a camper van as I arrived and was told they were really busy and not sure they could do it. He’s away happy about an hour ago😤 Another 4/5 folks been in and gone too and I’m still sitting waiting😡One guy just came in 15 minutes ago, new tyre on and he’s away🤬After an hour and a half the guy just came through and says I’ve found your puncture, but the tyre isn’t worth fixing. I ####ing told him I wanted a new tyre when I arrived🤯 ####ing useless #####, won’t be getting any money off me again🤬🤬🤬

Which branch was this? I’ve used the Corstorphine branch a few times and they’ve always been sound.

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Which branch was this? I’ve used the Corstorphine branch a few times and they’ve always been sound.

Marchmont. I’ve used them plenty times in the past and they were alright. The lad that used to run it went off to the Blackhall branch, he knew how to treat his customers, great at his job. 

luckyBatistuta
16 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I’ve used that once when I was over that side of town and stuck. The guy in charge was a diamond, couldn’t have been more helpful.