Jump to content

The all new "seethe" thread


cosanostra

Recommended Posts

On 09/09/2021 at 12:27, jonesy said:

Izzat why, if you look away a little from a set of these modern headlights, you kind of see a blue halo just off centre? Sometimes think its an emergency services vehicle when seen from a distance. Or are my eyes just not fit for driving?

 

I see the blue halo and mistaken it for emergency services now and again.

 

I've not had the issue with them blinding me in my rear view mirror before though. If people haven't already, I'd advocate making sure you have the anti-glare on your mirror switched on. It really does make a difference

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Morgan

    1471

  • jonnothejambo

    900

  • iantjambo

    576

  • IronJambo

    569

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Air pressure light comes on in car dash board car picture showing its the driver rear was not soft or deflated I have pumped it up still on drove it for about 5 miles on lunch still not dropping off pain in the arse. Checked a few websites and youtube videos Kia seem to have a few issues with this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Taffin said:

 

I see the blue halo and mistaken it for emergency services now and again.

 

I've not had the issue with them blinding me in my rear view mirror before though. If people haven't already, I'd advocate making sure you have the anti-glare on your mirror switched on. It really does make a difference

Glad it's not just me. Either that, or we should both be off the roads, Taff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Deke Thornton said:

Jamie has kids with names like ‘Low Energy Lightbulb’ and ‘Fortnightly Bin Collection’.

 

:vrface:

 

In July 2000, Oliver married former model and writer Juliette Norton, usually known as "Jools". They have five children. Poppy Honey Rosie (born 18 March 2002), Daisy Boo Pamela (born 10 April 2003), Petal Blossom Rainbow (born 3 April 2009), Buddy Bear Maurice (born 15 September 2010) & River Rocket Blue Dallas (born 8 August 2016).

 

Wow.

 

:cornette:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Lone Striker
2 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

In July 2000, Oliver married former model and writer Juliette Norton, usually known as "Jools". They have five children. Poppy Honey Rosie (born 18 March 2002), Daisy Boo Pamela (born 10 April 2003), Petal Blossom Rainbow (born 3 April 2009), Buddy Bear Maurice (born 15 September 2010) & River Rocket Blue Dallas (born 8 August 2016).

 

Wow.

 

:cornette:

Imagine if he has a 6th child and calls it Turkey Twizzler Tommy !    😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do people on social media get all over excited, every time they see a helicopter?

 

“Just saw a helicopter fly over Dalkeith. What’s going on?”

 

”Just saw a helicopter fly over Arthur Seat. What’s going on?”

 

Etc.

 

Helicopters are meant to be in the sky, you ****** tool. You don’t see people posting when they see a plane flying overhead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Why do people on social media get all over excited, every time they see a helicopter?

 

“Just saw a helicopter fly over Dalkeith. What’s going on?”

 

”Just saw a helicopter fly over Arthur Seat. What’s going on?”

 

Etc.

 

Helicopters are meant to be in the sky, you ****** tool. You don’t see people posting when they see a plane flying overhead.

I’d imagine that, in Dalkeith at least, the sight of a giant metal whirring bird probably results in the locals trying to down it with rocks.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Why do people on social media get all over excited, every time they see a helicopter?

 

“Just saw a helicopter fly over Dalkeith. What’s going on?”

 

”Just saw a helicopter fly over Arthur Seat. What’s going on?”

 

Etc.

 

Helicopters are meant to be in the sky, you ****** tool. You don’t see people posting when they see a plane flying overhead.

I’d imagine that, in Dalkeith at least, the sight of a giant metal whirring bird probably results in the locals trying to down it with rocks.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I’d imagine that, in Dalkeith at least, the sight of a giant metal whirring bird probably results in the locals trying to down it with rocks.

 

 

 

Correct, jonesy.

 

Flying machines equate to dark sorcery in those gap toothed, pointy hat, hick towns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

I’d imagine that, in Dalkeith at least, the sight of a giant metal whirring bird probably results in the locals trying to down it with rocks.

 

 

 

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Correct, jonesy.

 

Flying machines equate to dark sorcery in those gap toothed, pointy hat, hick towns.


I’m from Danderhall. So do I fall into this category? :lol:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

 


I’m from Danderhall. So do I fall into this category? :lol:

 

 

Is your profile pic' an actual photo' of you?

 

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Governor Tarkin
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/09/2021 at 11:15, Ribble said:

 

On the flip side are the newer SUV's that have million lumen LED bloody floodlights instead of normal headlights

 

I did 200 miles last night with a bit of a headache, if I ever do go postal it'll be because of those ****ing things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

 


I’m from Danderhall. So do I fall into this category? :lol:

 


Once the inhabitants of Danderhall evolve into homo erectus and can actually look up at the sky without too much difficulty, then we can talk, Ian.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jonesy said:


Once the inhabitants of Danderhall evolve into homo erectus and can actually look up at the sky without too much difficulty, then we can talk, Ian.


Bit offensive mate.

 

I’m off to clobber a woman over the head with my club and drag her off to my cave. 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Is your profile pic' an actual photo' of you?

 

🤷‍♂️


The resemblance is uncanny. But, no. :lol:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Der Kaiser
6 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Why do people on social media get all over excited, every time they see a helicopter?

 

“Just saw a helicopter fly over Dalkeith. What’s going on?”

 

”Just saw a helicopter fly over Arthur Seat. What’s going on?”

 

Etc.

 

Helicopters are meant to be in the sky, you ****** tool. You don’t see people posting when they see a plane flying overhead.

 

Penicuik Facebook page erupts at the sound and/or sight of a helicopter....

 

 

....despite everyone knowing there's an army base right on the outskirts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

 

Penicuik Facebook page erupts at the sound and/or sight of a helicopter....

 

 

....despite everyone knowing there's an army base right on the outskirts.


Oddly enough, some goon posted a few weeks back asking if anyone knew why there was a chinook flying over Penicuik.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, iantjambo said:


Oddly enough, some goon posted a few weeks back asking if anyone knew why there was a chinook flying over Penicuik.


you better not look at the what’s going on in south Edinburgh thread 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

 

I did 200 miles last night with a bit of a headache, if I ever do go postal it'll be because of those ****ing things.

 

Got SUV bud, U?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:


Bit offensive mate.

 

I’m off to clobber a woman over the head with my club and drag her off to my cave. 😁

Sorry if I offended you. Let’s have a quick grunt at the next home match to clear the air. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sorry if I offended you. Let’s have a quick grunt at the next home match to clear the air. :) 


Ugh

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iantjambo said:


Ugh

More eloquent than 99% of posts in both the Terrace and Shed, TBF.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

 


I’m from Danderhall. So do I fall into this category? :lol:

 

You lot think it's an ice cream van.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

 

Penicuik Facebook page erupts at the sound and/or sight of a helicopter....

 

 

....despite everyone knowing there's an army base right on the outskirts.

Do some of the pubs in pennycuik still have signs up saying no squaddies? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, iantjambo said:


What’s an Ice cream van?

It's the vehicle that plays weird jangly music and the guy inside it sells drugs to kids.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

No, my penis is satisfactory

 

Good luck doing the school run in your penis.

 

There's a register for folk like you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Good luck doing the school run in your penis.

 

There's a register for folk like you.

 

Hey it's adequate, not spectacular!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Good luck doing the school run in your penis.

 

There's a register for folk like you.

is that where women who are unsatisfied look for adequate encounters?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
29 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

is that where women who are unsatisfied look for adequate encounters?

 

That's the one.

I've 2 free invites to dish out this month, so if you think you qualify drop me a PM.

 

Edited by Governor Tarkin
Link to post
Share on other sites
Der Kaiser
2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Do some of the pubs in pennycuik still have signs up saying no squaddies? 

 

Don't think so.

 

But then can't remember the last time I drank in Penicuik. 

Probably couldn't pay me to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
2 hours ago, iantjambo said:


What’s an Ice cream van?

It's that big colourful vehicle that  goes go newton village because it knows theyll not want tick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
21 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

 

Don't think so.

 

But then can't remember the last time I drank in Penicuik. 

Probably couldn't pay me to.

Had them in the early 80's.  I think the barracks must advice them to avoid it due to jealous local guys always starting with them...

I think they also don't go into the pubs in colinton village but can't see locals starting bother there.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Had them in the early 80's.  I think the barracks must advice them to avoid it due to jealous local guys always starting with them...

I think they also don't go into the pubs in colinton village but can't see locals starting bother there.

 

 

There was regular paggering with squaddies downstairs in the Colinton Inn in the early 90's. 

A couple of seasoned pool hustlers used to relieve them of their earnings, and they generally weren't too keen on this.

It was hedonistic wee shop for a while, and had a decent sized young crowd from Oxgangs, and the likes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

 

There was regular paggering with squaddies downstairs in the Colinton Inn in the early 90's. 

A couple of seasoned pool hustlers used to relieve them of their earnings, and they generally weren't too keen on this.

It was hedonistic wee shop for a while, and had a decent sized young crowd from Oxgangs, and the likes.

They are no angels.  Used to see them getting guzzling buckfast on Friday tea time on their way to weekend leave. 

I think pennycuik it was probably a two way street, but I heard local guys used to get a bit annoyed at the lassies preferring them and start things.  

Schemies v squaddies, whose your money on? 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

They are no angels.  Used to see them getting guzzling buckfast on Friday tea time on their way to weekend leave. 

I think pennycuik it was probably a two way street, but I heard local guys used to get a bit annoyed at the lassies preferring them and start things.  

Schemies v squaddies, whose your money on? 

 

 

Well most squaddies are schemies who've been trained so it's a win for them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Well most squaddies are schemies who've been trained so it's a win for them. 

I completely agree.  I can talk about the ones I've met but they can be hard work socially.  I include the majority of ex squaddies in that, though mostly ones who only done a relatively short stint. 

Might be age, but I get nervous if they are in a pub that I'm in.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

They are no angels.  Used to see them getting guzzling buckfast on Friday tea time on their way to weekend leave. 

I think pennycuik it was probably a two way street, but I heard local guys used to get a bit annoyed at the lassies preferring them and start things.  

Schemies v squaddies, whose your money on? 

 

 

I think this must happen in any area where there's a military base. I used to see a lot of it when I was in the RAF. Pretty sure most ex military on here would have seen this as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
Just now, superjack said:

I think this must happen in any area where there's a military base. I used to see a lot of it when I was in the RAF. Pretty sure most ex military on here would have seen this as well.

Schemie tribalism in action.  Thank god I wasn't that stupid to take on a squaddie.  I suppose the schemies are never on their own or even numbers. 

Bad crack for guys just on a night out.  

Blame the Barack boosters as well...

 

That's what they called the lassies who hung about the barracks wanting better...

.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Good luck doing the school run in your penis.

Close thread, close message board, close the web. The Guv has won the internet!

Edited by jonesy
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Well most squaddies are schemies who've been trained so it's a win for them. 

 

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

I completely agree.  I can talk about the ones I've met but they can be hard work socially.  I include the majority of ex squaddies in that, though mostly ones who only done a relatively short stint. 

Might be age, but I get nervous if they are in a pub that I'm in.  

Enough of the squaddie dissing ! Someone close to me is a former one 😂😎😎 

46DAC548-3F3F-4F2D-A41F-CEE4F6A2B534.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

 

Enough of the squaddie dissing ! Someone close to me is a former one 😂😎😎 

46DAC548-3F3F-4F2D-A41F-CEE4F6A2B534.gif

Not dissed them all. Is he big and can he fight?  If yes, salt of the earth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

 

Enough of the squaddie dissing ! Someone close to me is a former one 😂😎😎 

46DAC548-3F3F-4F2D-A41F-CEE4F6A2B534.gif

My dad was 15 years in the Seaforth Highlanders. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Not dissed them all. Is he big and can he fight?  If yes, salt of the earth.

I know . Only having a joke 👍. Oh yeah he’s big 💪and he puts up with me so must be hard 🤪

Link to post
Share on other sites
Auldbenches
Just now, JamesM48 said:

I know . Only having a joke 👍. Oh yeah he’s big 💪and he puts up with me so must be hard 🤪

No comment! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...