The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Wonder if they temp lights on Drumbrae South will go away before the end of the year.

This work should be done at night to speed it up, joke, another mess like Roseburn.😒.While im here, found fish fingers on my forecourt, actually made me laugh, some chips could have made my lunch, write a book on that place.

More diesel spills, obviously not that expensive to miss putting it in yer tank.

Thats the moaning for today.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fireworks. 

Why the **** do we still allow people to buy and set off explosives from anywhere they like?  Why are they allowed to make and sell the ones that whistle and scream as they go up? 

The dog is stressed out to ****, won't eat, won't settle, won't sleep. He doesn't have a clue what's going on, and is beside himself every time they go off. Which has been every couple of minutes for the last 2 ****ing hours.  Having 40kg of German Shepherd launch himself onto you on the couch was cute the first time, but has got old fast. He's shivering, shaking, and looks like he's going to have a heart attack, same as I do watching him be so upset. 

Getting really, really fed up of it now.  At 7pm, it was fine, couple going off next door no problem, pretty much no ****s given. The dog was stressed, but we calmed him down with a few treats, but it's just getting worse and worse with each one that goes off. 

Captain Sausage
4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Fireworks. 

Why the **** do we still allow people to buy and set off explosives from anywhere they like?  Why are they allowed to make and sell the ones that whistle and scream as they go up? 

The dog is stressed out to ****, won't eat, won't settle, won't sleep. He doesn't have a clue what's going on, and is beside himself every time they go off. Which has been every couple of minutes for the last 2 ****ing hours.  Having 40kg of German Shepherd launch himself onto you on the couch was cute the first time, but has got old fast. He's shivering, shaking, and looks like he's going to have a heart attack, same as I do watching him be so upset. 

Getting really, really fed up of it now.  At 7pm, it was fine, couple going off next door no problem, pretty much no ****s given. The dog was stressed, but we calmed him down with a few treats, but it's just getting worse and worse with each one that goes off. 

:lol:

Was about to write this word for word. 

21 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Fireworks. 

This 👍

Dick Dastardly
17 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Fireworks. 

I'm lucky as my dog isn't bothered by them at all but it must be horrendous for people, like you, who have dogs that can't handle it. 

Have you tried the plug in calming things? I've heard they work for some dogs. 

There was a bit of a row down my way when lockdown finished regarding fireworks being used at a wedding. The venue was very close to an old folks home filled with alzheimers patients and also a horse riding centre. Absolute panic everywhere. 

I agree that fireworks shouldn't be on sale to the public. Well publicised displays run with permission and a bit of courtesy to nearby residents should be a minimum requirement. 

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm lucky as my dog isn't bothered by them at all but it must be horrendous for people, like you, who have dogs that can't handle it. 

Have you tried the plug in calming things? I've heard they work for some dogs. 

There was a bit of a row down my way when lockdown finished regarding fireworks being used at a wedding. The venue was very close to an old folks home filled with alzheimers patients and also a horse riding centre. Absolute panic everywhere. 

I agree that fireworks shouldn't be on sale to the public. Well publicised displays run with permission and a bit of courtesy to nearby residents should be a minimum requirement. 

He's generally fine with loud noises, people coming to the door, and all sorts of things. The first few fireworks that went off, he was fine with, he was even in the garden having a look for himself, but the repeated barrage of them totally spooked him. He has not been a happy pupper for the past 2 hours. 

We were sitting in the living room with the TV on, and he was still getting upset by the noise. I bought him some absolutely honking lambs ears, which literally smell like shite which he usually goes mental for, but he hasn't even touched the one that's been sitting in front of him.   He's left his dinner, he's not chewing shoes, or hair, or ears.  Just lying with his heart absolutely hammering, not happy at all.  The white noise we usually play for him doesn't help, distractions haven't worked, nothing. 

I didn't think he was this bad, but he's never had such an extended run of them happening before. 

24 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

At first, I wasn't fussed by it. Just people doing their thing, but as time went on, I've become more and more irate. 

I did eventually go out in the garden and shout "my dogs having a ****ing heart attack here". 5 minutes later, the fireworks have stopped, and I've got a knock at the door with the neighbours apologising.  

They are obviously celebrating Diwali, but **** me, enough is enough. 

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

I really, really, really, hate the ****ing things. 

Honestly, it's just such arsehole behaviour. You know that people around you have dogs, children, babies, maybe nightshift. But aye, I'll launch a bunch of explosives into the air for a couple of hours like it's downtown ****ing Kherson. 

Twats.

With all the terrorism caution and restrictions in place since 2001, it's feckin bonkers that anybody can just rock up to any corner shop in the nation and come out with an armload of actual explosives.

:wtf:

Fireworks should only be available for licensed displays, whether that be small community groups or larger events. Every firework accounted for and any missing inventory punished.

All we're doing is arming the gangs of wee ******s who then kill pets and cause huge property damage every year.

7 minutes ago, Cade said:

With all the terrorism caution and restrictions in place since 2001, it's feckin bonkers that anybody can just rock up to any corner shop in the nation and come out with an armload of actual explosives.

:wtf:

Fireworks should only be available for licensed displays, whether that be small community groups or larger events. Every firework accounted for and any missing inventory punished.

All we're doing is arming the gangs of wee ******s who then kill pets and cause huge property damage every year.

Completely agree. I was in my local Tesco today and they had a wee stand selling fireworks.

Really not good enough when your local supermarket can do that.

Shooter McGavin

Agree with regards to fireworks, it’s bonkers that they’re still on general sale to the public. Usually bought by the local village idiot too.

37 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Agree with regards to fireworks, it’s bonkers that they’re still on general sale to the public. Usually bought by the local village idiot too.

There must be an age limit on who buys these products, no doubt  thats not being observed.

Must have plenty money to waste as well.

Dick Dastardly

Last year i found used rocket fireworks with cans of deodorant strapped to them. The cans hadn't exploded but I'm fairly sure the expectation was that they would have done. I can't see any adult being stupid enough to try that. Thr extra weight would probably mean the fireworks didn't even take off and exploded on the ground. Very dangerous indeed

A Boy Named Crow
5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Hangovers, I'm too old for them.

Adverts for alcohol are sailing pretty close to the trading standards laws I reckon. They typically depict folk having the time of their lives. They should be bound by law to show those same people the next morning,  swearing they'll never drink again...

42 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

The Mrs was on the piss all weekend as we have visitors up. Her pal gave her a "hangover patch" to wear while drinking, she says it made a hell of a difference. See my link below.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363762554356?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=6sOBRTmgS3i&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=i8T9HLGFRbK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Seethe directed right at my good self.

Making Sausage and Mash the now for my lads tea. Lifted the sausages from under the grill, gave them a turn, picked the tray back up......but this time without my oven gloves.

I'm at a loss as to how I didn't hurt myself more. Thankfully had one of those ice blocks you put in picnic bags in my freezer so just been cradling that in my hands for the last few minutes.

6 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Adverts for alcohol are sailing pretty close to the trading standards laws I reckon. They typically depict folk having the time of their lives. They should be bound by law to show those same people the next morning,  swearing they'll never drink again...

Aye dont show folk spewing their lot up after too much bevy, just sell sell sell, i detest adverts.

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Making Sausage and Mash the now for my lads tea. Lifted the sausages from under the grill, gave them a turn, picked the tray back up......but this time without my oven gloves.

I'm at a loss as to how I didn't hurt myself more. Thankfully had one of those ice blocks you put in picnic bags in my freezer so just been cradling that in my hands for the last few minutes.

Edited by Konrad von Carstein
Fat effing fingers

4 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Kudos for typing through the pain barrier!

il Duce McTarkin
10 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Not a fan either. 

Firework, on the other hand, I love em.

On account of a grudging respect for the plight of my neighbours dogs I restrict my use to one night a year, when I gleefully lob the biggest rockets I could find into the council scheme at the bottom of the hill.

Take that, Oiks. 

A Boy Named Crow
27 minutes ago, Daktari said:

Kudos for typing through the pain barrier!

Probably typing with his nose...or he's just used to typing with his less dominant hand 😁

6 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Probably typing with his nose...or he's just used to typing with his less dominant hand 😁

With his history of posting it could be worse than that…so much worse. 

il Duce McTarkin
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

This. 

On 29/10/2022 at 22:49, tian447 said:

I really, really, really, hate the ****ing things. 

Honestly, it's just such arsehole behaviour. You know that people around you have dogs, children, babies, maybe nightshift. But aye, I'll launch a bunch of explosives into the air for a couple of hours like it's downtown ****ing Kherson. 

Twats.

must be terrible for older people as well, 

Insurance renewals, cars a year older so worth less, I’ve got a years more experience driving with no accidents or points on my license, an extra years no claims bonus, I’m driving less than my policy last year as I thought I’d have been forced back into the office but haven’t been yet my renewal comes through at £125 quid more than last year meaning I have to go through the hassle of cancelling the renewal and changing provider yet again.

9 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

8 hours ago, Tazio said:

8 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

This. 

200-1.gif.570f677d781644852a258a5582ded382.gif

24 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Insurance renewals, cars a year older so worth less, I’ve got a years more experience driving with no accidents or points on my license, an extra years no claims bonus, I’m driving less than my policy last year as I thought I’d have been forced back into the office but haven’t been yet my renewal comes through at £125 quid more than last year meaning I have to go through the hassle of cancelling the renewal and changing provider yet again.

Tell them your moving, i got over 100 pounds off telling them i was moving, they can only say no,

saves the hastle of going through the same questions with a new company..

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Tell them your moving, i got over 100 pounds off telling them i was moving, they can only say no,

saves the hastle of going through the same questions with a new company..

They are 125 more than what I paid them last year, closer to 200 more expensive than what I'm seeing on comparison sites so while i'll give them the chance to make a new offer when I have to call to stop the auto renewal I very much doubt they'll get anywhere close to keeping me as a customer.

Back into the office for only the 3rd time this year, traffic horrendous on the way, get here and there's no power in the kitchen so no food available, nearest place to get something is only driveable but car park bursting at the seams so can't go out to get food without running the risk of not being able to park when i get back. 

Thank god i'll be back working from home for the foreseeable!

Bikes without lights.

I was out in the car last night to take the dog down for a walk at a local forest park.  There is a long driveway through the trees that is pitch black, and cycling directly toward me in the middle of the road was a bloke on a bike.  No high vis, no lights, nothing.  The only thing I could see was the reflector strips on his pedals, and it took me a good few seconds to work out both what it actually was, and what direction it was going in.

You can get a pair of LED lights on Amazon for under a fiver that wrap around the frame/handlebars and attach to themselves, usually a pack of 4 or 6 for around a tenner.  How is your life not worth that much money?

My bike has 4 rear lights (one on each side of the wheels, two on the seat post), 3 front lights (one on each side of the handlebars, one on the stem), and reflective spoke attachments so you can see me from side on.  All in all, it cost me under £20, not including my helmet which also has a rear LED built into it.  Is it excessive?  Probably.  But you can ****ing see me, and that's all that matters.

pharmaceutical01
On 25/10/2022 at 13:30, superjack said:

Went to the doctor today with what feels like a hernia. However, doctor thinks I'm just full of shite and has given me laxatives.

I now have to spend the next 2 days not being able to trust a fart.

Spent a bit of time fitting trusses to old men with hernias.......not pleasant

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Bikes without lights.

I was out in the car last night to take the dog down for a walk at a local forest park.  There is a long driveway through the trees that is pitch black, and cycling directly toward me in the middle of the road was a bloke on a bike.  No high vis, no lights, nothing.  The only thing I could see was the reflector strips on his pedals, and it took me a good few seconds to work out both what it actually was, and what direction it was going in.

You can get a pair of LED lights on Amazon for under a fiver that wrap around the frame/handlebars and attach to themselves, usually a pack of 4 or 6 for around a tenner.  How is your life not worth that much money?

My bike has 4 rear lights (one on each side of the wheels, two on the seat post), 3 front lights (one on each side of the handlebars, one on the stem), and reflective spoke attachments so you can see me from side on.  All in all, it cost me under £20, not including my helmet which also has a rear LED built into it.  Is it excessive?  Probably.  But you can ****ing see me, and that's all that matters.

Every night you see Ubereats and Justeat wankers cycling without no hi viz or lights and a total disregard 

for road and pavement users .

I've decided to put a Jihad on them and they will be at Allah's mercy ! 

3 hours ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

Spent a bit of time fitting trusses to old men with hernias.......not pleasant

The thought of that doesn't sound pleasant. Luckily, by the time I'd finished the laxatives, although I'd almost shat myself inside out, I've had no pain since. I think I did let the Mrs cook something that week.

The wifes car looks like it has bitten the dust after eleven good years so it's a few days of looking at cars and dealing with sales folk, oh joy.

On 31/10/2022 at 07:59, Ribble said:

Had my renewal through yesterday. £146 more.

Only managed to get the price down my £60 odd on the phone so told them I was talking my business elsewhere.

Sure be it, 15 mins later on a price comparison site, got it for £4 less than I paid last year and the cover had extra things like a courtesy car at no extra cost.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

il Duce McTarkin
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Invited to a birthday party for my wife's pal. I pass her husband at least two or three times a week in the street when I'm taking my kids to school and he blanks me.

Am I feck going to that party.

Oh yes you are.

:jj:

20 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

in the shops in Princes Street and they already have Xmas tunes on...ffs. 

E-Mail from Tescos, be the 1st to see our xmas advert :facepalm:.

Dick Dastardly

Stuck my last £15 in the leccy meter yesterday. Today i find a 3 day old email with my £66 quid electric payment on it. *******!! 😂 😂 

henrysmithsgloves
4 hours ago, William H. Bonney said:

******* wind last night. Tipped my greenhouse over and ripped the roof right off it. 

**** you wind. 

Never gets old.

E-mail from British gas, your boiler is over 10 years old, time to replace, 🤣, advert on Tv your boiler

over 15 years, time to replace, well which one is it , cant even get that right, mups.

No i wont be replacing it.

A Creative Lunch, effort. £1.90...handmade in Scotland with passion for over 25 years, time to give up and give a machine a go. Disgusting in price and taste...boak!

20221117_125951.JPG

20221117_130012.JPG

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, OBE said:

A Creative Lunch, effort. £1.90...handmade in Scotland with passion for over 25 years, time to give up and give a machine a go. Disgusting in price and taste...boak!

20221117_125951.JPG

20221117_130012.JPG

You can definitely see the passion of the CHRIST🤮

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I can see Trump's face in that.

Would explain why it looks like someone has beaten and stomped on it.

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I can see Trump's face in that.

:trippin:?

I mean, imagine the state of that effort had their passion been removed, it looks like it's been scraped of the floor...yuck!

Made my day when I read you got launched from the Covid thread...:scenes:

Another cold caller at my door, some internet lot, my replies, im with virgin, no thanks, with virgin,  no thanks,

and a final no thanks , get a website , might help, soul destroying job tbf.