The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

4 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Nah I know, I've been there too. But to be fair I've only been dealing with them for three years, not my whole life like you lot.

I've worked on trains for 7 years. Sunday's are a nightmare for travel and to work on for many reasons. That's why i haven't worked one in well over 3 years. Diversionary routes/engineering works, lack of staff, unfamiliar overanxious customers (leisure travellers that see a train I've every ten years), and long shifts on overcrowded trains all make it not worth it.

The company I work for are trying to put a package together to get us to accept Sunday's into our working week and there's chat about a one off bonus of around £20k to get us to take the deal. I quite honestly wouldn't work them for an extra £20k per year.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, IronJambo said:

The train wasn't oversold. If you had tried to get a seat reservation last week then you wouldn't have been able to get one. Many people with open tickets, more then the trains seated capacity decided to travel on it. The choice, like it or lump it is to board that train or wait on another one. 

It's up to the guard to decide if it's unsafe or not.

I'm not having a go or making argument, the above is the black and white of it.

Unless it was supposed to be an 8 carriage (2x4) that became a 4 carriage....

Happened to me last time I took the train to Manc.  Was waiting at Haymarket, noticed a delay, had my suspicions (I’m not an an anxious weekender) and nipped into Waverley on the next train to pick up the train from there. Sure enough only four carriages.  I’m afraid I wasn’t a gent getting on - but I ain’t going to stand for 3 hours (I had a reservation but they were, of course, cancelled)

Basic good manners, please and thank you’s. My sister lives in Australia and lots of things are super expensive there so I’m always sending my niece and nephew little pressies, books, trainers etc. Sometimes my sister doesn’t even let me know the parcel has arrived safely, let alone thank me. On the same theme I went to a wedding in September and I’ve still not had a thank you for my gift. 

11 hours ago, FWJ said:

Unless it was supposed to be an 8 carriage (2x4) that became a 4 carriage....

Happened to me last time I took the train to Manc.  Was waiting at Haymarket, noticed a delay, had my suspicions (I’m not an an anxious weekender) and nipped into Waverley on the next train to pick up the train from there. Sure enough only four carriages.  I’m afraid I wasn’t a gent getting on - but I ain’t going to stand for 3 hours (I had a reservation but they were, of course, cancelled)

Last time that happened to me going to Manchester they didn't cancel the reservations. Just made it so that if you had a reservation in one of the non-existent carriages then you were screwed.

Fitzroy Pointon
1 hour ago, Helzibob said:

Basic good manners, please and thank you’s. My sister lives in Australia and lots of things are super expensive there so I’m always sending my niece and nephew little pressies, books, trainers etc. Sometimes my sister doesn’t even let me know the parcel has arrived safely, let alone thank me. On the same theme I went to a wedding in September and I’ve still not had a thank you for my gift. 

I think you should stop sending stuff then.  If I didn't get a thank you the first time I wouldn't have bothered again.  It takes less than a minute to compose a message, just pure ignorance not to acknowledge the trouble you go to for them.  

2 hours ago, Helzibob said:

**** that!

I wouldn’t send anything else.

2 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Basic good manners, please and thank you’s. My sister lives in Australia and lots of things are super expensive there so I’m always sending my niece and nephew little pressies, books, trainers etc. Sometimes my sister doesn’t even let me know the parcel has arrived safely, let alone thank me.

Maybe the parcels didn't arrive safely?

4 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Basic good manners, please and thank you’s.  My sister lives in Australia and lots of things are super expensive there so I’m always sending my niece and nephew little pressies, books, trainers etc. Sometimes my sister doesn’t even let me know the parcel has arrived safely, let alone thank me. On the same theme I went to a wedding in September and I’ve still not had a thank you for my gift. 

Bug bear of mine too.

My sister-in-law has the manners and social graces of an apricot. The amount of presents and wee treats we don’t give her, because of this, is remarkable. 

Her daughter (who has two wee children) is following in her mother’s footsteps and doesn’t thank us for Christmas and Birthday presents for the wee ones.

She can shove this Christmas up her arse.

6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Maybe the parcels didn't arrive safely?

They all arrived. When I prompt her and ask if they arrived she says they did. I don’t want to punish the kids for their mothers mad manners. When they’re both old enough to do their own thank you’s then I might stop sending them stuff. Funny thing is my sister and I were brought up identically. I always did my thank you letters unprompted, she always needed to be told. Nowt as queer as folk ??‍♀️.

1 hour ago, Helzibob said:

They all arrived. When I prompt her and ask if they arrived she says they did. I don’t want to punish the kids for their mothers mad manners. When they’re both old enough to do their own thank you’s then I might stop sending them stuff. Funny thing is my sister and I were brought up identically. I always did my thank you letters unprompted, she always needed to be told. Nowt as queer as folk ??‍♀️.

Next time tell her it’s sent, But don’t actually send anything. That would put her gas at a peep 

radio related seethes (to continue with the couple 2 pages back)

1) the selection available on my car is pretty grim (2009 car so get what you get I guess) I just want a radio station that plays indie rock and roll, all is the same “chart dross”

2) Clara amfo killing the live lounge on radio 1. Literally destroyed it. Used to really enjoy it under jo whiley then Fearne Cotton, but this new incumbent makes it awful. It’s bad enough that I don’t really know many of the artists (albeit only 29, I prefer my indie music to grime/pop that’s the chart music nowadays). Just had a live lounge month (spells of few days  in a spell with no performer) and it was rubbish, could easily have got a couple of more good artists in. As much as their new stuff is divisive arctic monkeys are one of the best bands to do live lounges (covers etc) 

2a) “the 1975” being described in an nme article as the kings of the live lounge, when (from the 2 I had to YouTube’) not a patch on a single AM performance.

3) Mrs doesn’t like listening to presenters talk and changes station often to hear music than chatter, half the time I’m listening to the story and never find out the end

4) the actual reason I started this post “fat (or phat)” presenter on capital Scotland, an obnoxious tosspot of a presenter, begging listeners to DM Him to win “a shoutout” on the show,  first 5 to message will get one. 

Also the way he talks about a.n other current mega star (one example Ariana grande) and playing there new song as if he and his crappy station were the reason she is where she is today, that they discovered her. 

I really should just use the aux cable and listen to music From my phone when I’m in the car 

Fitzroy Pointon

Another Scotrail seethe. Not only are fares going up but they are also doing away with the kids go free off-peak returns on 31st December. 

Fitzroy Pointon
Just now, BM1874 said:

1) the selection available on my car is pretty grim (2009 car so get what you get I guess) I just want a radio station that plays indie rock and roll, all is the same “chart dross”

2) Clara amfo killing the live lounge on radio 1. Literally destroyed it. Used to really enjoy it under jo whiley then Fearne Cotton, but this new incumbent makes it awful. It’s bad enough that I don’t really know many of the artists (albeit only 29, I prefer my indie music to grime/pop that’s the chart music nowadays). Just had a live lounge month (spells of few days  in a spell with no performer) and it was rubbish, could easily have got a couple of more good artists in. As much as their new stuff is divisive arctic monkeys are one of the best bands to do live lounges (covers etc) 

2a) “the 1975” being described in an nme article as the kings of the live lounge, when (from the 2 I had to YouTube’) not a patch on a single AM performance.

3) Mrs doesn’t like listening to presenters talk and changes station often to hear music than chatter, half the time I’m listening to the story and never find out the end

4) the actual reason I started this post “fat (or phat)” presenter on capital Scotland, an obnoxious tosspot of a presenter, begging listeners to DM Him to win “a shoutout” on the show,  first 5 to message will get one. 

Also the way he talks about a.n other current mega star (one example Ariana grande) and playing there new song as if he and his crappy station were the reason she is where she is today, that they discovered her. 

I really should just use the aux cable and listen to music From my phone when I’m in the car 

Is Radio 6 available on FM? That's my station of choice. Great range of music and the presenters don't grate on you like Radio 1. Absolute is okay but although their promise not to repeat any songs throughout the day, they just play the exact same the following day.  

When you're watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire(?) and you get the question worth £250,000 right before the answers even appear but it doesn't matter because you're sat on your couch eating waffles.

The smug prick playing for it took the money.

In case anyone was wondering, the questioned asked "In what US state is the city of Chattanooga?". The answer is obviously Tennessee.

What's worse, that was the second time it happened in THAT same episode when someone took the money instead of answering that Baltimore is in Maryland.

Raging.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, peter_hmfc said:

When you're watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire(?) and you get the question worth £250,000 right before the answers even appear but it doesn't matter because you're sat on your couch eating waffles.

The smug prick playing for it took the money.

In case anyone was wondering, the questioned asked "In what US state is the city of Chattanooga?". The answer is obviously Tennessee.

What's worse, that was the second time it happened in THAT same episode when someone took the money instead of answering that Baltimore is in Maryland.

Raging.

I knew that too, we were planning on passing through there on holiday to catch the view on  ‘Lookout Mountain’

...a bit disco
On 03/12/2018 at 07:31, Helzibob said:

Did you not miss the Aberdeen game for that wedding?

Ingrates.

:seething:

On 03/12/2018 at 18:49, BM1874 said:

Can’t help you with an FM channel but if you ever get digital radio in the car, Virgin Radio is decent.

The music on Absolute is also good but the adverts are horrendous.

7 hours ago, El Diez said:

Can’t help you with an FM channel but if you ever get digital radio in the car, Virgin Radio is decent.

The music on Absolute is also good but the adverts are horrendous.

Remember, Chris Evans will be on virgin from January, that might change your mind.

On the other hand, he won't be on radio 2 anymore.

8 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Did you not miss the Aberdeen game for that wedding?

Ingrates.

:seething:

Nah, that was my wee cousin. Then again I’ve not had a thank you off them either and it’s about 6 weeks since the wedding. 

26 minutes ago, superjack said:

Remember, Chris Evans will be on virgin from January, that might change your mind.

On the other hand, he won't be on radio 2 anymore.

Fair point. ?

Fitzroy Pointon

The amount of songs these days that explicitly talk about "kissing on the mouth".  I think I have heard three or four in the past year with either a guy (that twat Sheeran being one) or girl talking about "kissing my mouth" or "kissing her/his mouth".  Can they not just say kissing and leave it up to us to decide which part of the body they are kissing?  

There's also one about some girl rubbing a guys "un-trimmed chest"

:muggy:

On 03/12/2018 at 18:49, Salad Fingers said:

Another Scotrail seethe. Not only are fares going up but they are also doing away with the kids go free off-peak returns on 31st December. 

Could go on for hours about Scotrail/Waverley Station, current bugbear is that every ticket machine has the sensor for contactless but you are lucky if one in 10 actually works.

Also their 'smartcard' that is the worst attempt at an oyster card imaginable, with an oyster you can top up/buy a ticket and it appears on the card instantly, with scotrail you need to more or less buy a ticket the night before to ensure that it's actually active on the smartcard by the time you try to get on a train! 

Finally I'm almost certain that during peak times scotrail deliberately shut the toilets on trains so that you are then forced to pay the 30p when you reach waverley! 

Edited by Ribble

luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

The amount of songs these days that explicitly talk about "kissing on the mouth".  I think I have heard three or four in the past year with either a guy (that twat Sheeran being one) or girl talking about "kissing my mouth" or "kissing her/his mouth".  Can they not just say kissing and leave it up to us to decide which part of the body they are kissing?  

There's also one about some girl rubbing a guys "un-trimmed chest"

:muggy:

Bet you the guys were crowded round the dance floors watching all the girls dancing to Katy Perry’s ‘I kissed a girl’

My son is desperate to go to Murryfield to see Scotland play rugby, the wife has looked at tickets for the Italy game..........£100 each??

Edited by Dawnrazor

Don’t get to play the PS3 often (hence not having a PS4)

went to play Fifa the other day and the controller is playing up, random tactic changes or passes goin wildly astray when not pressing any button

turn control off, turn the other one on, same issue, check the settings and it’s all as it should be.

she turns round and tells me the wee man (3) was playing with the controller earlier that day.

both are completely horsed.

Really can’t be bothered goig to get a controller and don’t play it enough (once a month or so) to justify getting a PS4 

just annoying as as I thought I’d hidden them well enough 

Why does your smoke detector low-battery alarm always activate itself in the middle of the night?  And it’s one of these things you don’t do very often so you can’t really remember how to get it to stop? So you end up unscrewing it and putting it under towels in the airing cupboard so you can’t hear the b*****d anymore?

(PS). I know it’s important and I’ll sort it tomorrow.

Yours, now awake

FWJ

Captain Sausage
11 hours ago, FWJ said:

Why does your smoke detector low-battery alarm always activate itself in the middle of the night?  And it’s one of these things you don’t do very often so you can’t really remember how to get it to stop? So you end up unscrewing it and putting it under towels in the airing cupboard so you can’t hear the b*****d anymore?

(PS). I know it’s important and I’ll sort it tomorrow.

Yours, now awake

FWJ

:lol: this happened to us last night. Smoke alarm upstairs went off at 2am, waking the wee man off. Swapped batteries and stuck it back up. Off to bed, then up at 4am when the downstairs did the same. 

No batteries left, so took them out and risked our lives for a bit of sleep. 

Update: still alive. House still in 1 piece. 

1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

:lol: this happened to us last night. Smoke alarm upstairs went off at 2am, waking the wee man off. Swapped batteries and stuck it back up.Off to bed, then up at 4am when the downstairs did the same. 

No batteries left, so took them out and risked our lives for a bit of sleep. 

Update: still alive. House still in 1 piece. 

E380BFFD-3530-466F-9762-58F4DAA51A9F.jpeg

Another no bin collection seethe, funny how the re-cycling bins are being done but the main domestic 

bins are being left, is this a new ploy to force folk in to using the re-cycle bin, for the record i do re-cycling.

Saying that they are toiling to collect garden rubbish, who on earth tidies a garden in mid winter.

...a bit disco

People who claim to like parsnips.

Akin to the followers of Jim Jones.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Another no bin collection seethe, funny how the re-cycling bins are being done but the main domestic 

bins are being left, is this a new ploy to force folk in to using the re-cycle bin, for the record i do re-cycling.

Saying that they are toiling to collect garden rubbish, who on earth tidies a garden in mid winter.

my garden waste doesn't get collected over winter. i think my next collection will be in march or april

7 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

People who claim to like parsnips.

Akin to the followers of Jim Jones.

Roast parsnips are awesome but they make me fart 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, jamboy1982 said:

Roast parsnips are awesome but they make me fart 

Keep drinking the kool aid mate.

:biggrin:

Edited by ...a bit disco

Salzburg drawing with bottom of the league. Ffs. Think they'll send me the 400 blabs I never got because they feckless arseholes? Maybe I'll forgive them if they pump smeltic

The_razors_edge

Parents who use tablets, smart phones etc to entertain their children at the dinner table...

it was was my wedding anniversary during the week so took my Mrs out for lunch with our youngest child. At 3 other tables around the restaurant there are families with toddler aged children all using smart phones to babysit their kids while they stuff their faces wilfully ignoring the child. Why can’t these people engage with their children instead of ignoring them? Talk to them FFS, interact, play, ANYTHING don’t just ignore them! 

We spent the whole time fussing over and talking to my wee boy, talking about his lunch, asking him questions, encouraging him to eat and at the very end the Mrs rocked out wee wooden animal jigsaws for him to build while we finished up. The other kids sat like wee zombies glued to peppa fecking pig or paw patrol, barely a word said throughout. Lazy parenting at its absolute worst.

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Swap them for sprouts then...... ?

I love both. 

One of the best parts of Christmas.  

If available, I would eat Brusselers all year round.

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

One of the best parts of Christmas.  

If available, I would eat Brusselers all year round.

up until a couple of years ago i hated sprouts, i have now gained a taste for them. However they can not be cooked until the are mush, they need a bit of bite and putting bacon pieces through them is a good addition

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

up until a couple of years ago i hated sprouts, i have now gained a taste for them. However they can not be cooked until the are mush, they need a bit of bite and putting bacon pieces through them is a good addition

Yeah,  a wee bit al dente, with lardons and garlic, are ace!

Beware buying anything oversees. I bought this item for £45 from a guy in New Zealand and got charged £8.30 customs fees and £8 handling charge by Royal Mail. Absolute cheek these chunts. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Beware buying anything oversees. I bought this item for £45 from a guy in New Zealand and got charged £8.30 customs fees and £8 handling charge by Royal Mail. Absolute cheek these chunts. 

Watch out too, if you’re selling anything on eBay, that the winning bidder isn’t overseas. Sold a PSVR on eBay and lost some of my money, because the person was in America.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Chopped sprouts, fried in the pan with bacon until the bacon is crispy, some single cream, season, simmer for a few minutes....

Enjoy.

i do that with the leftovers on boxing day

Scnorthedinburgh
6 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Boil a bit then in a pan with a little honey and oil. Very very nice.

10 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Chopped sprouts, fried in the pan with bacon until the bacon is crispy, some single cream, season, simmer for a few minutes....

Enjoy.

We do something similar in my house.

Fry off some streaky bacon/lardons until crispy and set aside.

Quarter the sprouts and fry them off in the bacon fat, add some chestnuts and garlic and when the garlic has softened, add butter and chicken stock and simmer until the sprouts are cooked through.

Chuck the bacon over the top when serving.