The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Just now, Sooperstar said:

Played in a football team with a guy who had a bright yellow Sciecento. He used to drive it like a boy racer. I genuinely think he thought it was cool.

my first car was a yellow sciecento sporting. the only way to drive it was like a boy racer

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Craig Gordons Gloves

Rented a car from Budget at Denver airport for a week, returned it on Saturday.  Got the receipt through today that shows i returned it yesterday and i've been charged for 4 extra days ($389)  When we returned it, it was checked over by a budget employee and he said my receipt would be in my email.  (which is what i always get when i rent cars).    Called their customer service to sort it out, as much use as a chocolate teapot, apparently their system says the car was out until yesterday afternoon and they will need to investigate which takes up to 5 days.  So that's 5 days they have nearly $400 of my money and i can't show them our boarding passes as they're all on the app which then disappear after flight is completed.  SSSEEEEETTTHHHHEEEE!

I don't like Doctor Who.

I like Bradley Walsh.

Bradley Walsh is utter shite in it.

Doctor Who is such a smug, shitefest of a show now, has been for ages.

Edited by peter_hmfc

8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Still getting these all the time on here

56E99006-F9B7-4E4A-8FD5-C5A796267D32.jpeg

Try clearing your cookies, next time you log in it will ask you to accept something or other, just select decline and it should stop them.

Note that this probably denies much needed revenue to the forum.  ;) 

luckyBatistuta
52 minutes ago, graygo said:

Try clearing your cookies, next time you log in it will ask you to accept something or other, just select decline and it should stop them.

Note that this probably denies much needed revenue to the forum.  ;) 

Cleared the cookies a few times now bud and still getting it, doing my nut in. Only way to get rid of it once it pops up is to close the page completely ?

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Cleared the cookies a few times now bud and still getting it, doing my nut in. Only way to get rid of it once it pops up is to close the page completely ?

I've actually found that not clearing my cookies works better.

Seethe at myself for not understanding that when city of Edinburgh council say they’re changing the day of collection for food waste , they actually mean they’re just going to leave the food waste bin full and will ignore it .

There surely can’t be a poorer ran council out there , the city fathers and mothers are a ****ing joke 

9 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Seethe at myself for not understanding that when city of Edinburgh council say they’re changing the day of collection for food waste , they actually mean they’re just going to leave the food waste bin full and will ignore it .

There surely can’t be a poorer ran council out there , the city fathers and mothers are a ****ing joke 

They’ve changed the pick up day for bins where I live and this week they’ve just decided to not collect anything. The bins have been out since Thursday night and are still there full. 

45 minutes ago, Tazio said:

They’ve changed the pick up day for bins where I live and this week they’ve just decided to not collect anything. The bins have been out since Thursday night and are still there full. 

Seems to be city wide , someone should be held accountable for the shambles that is the non collection of waste 

FFS I'm at Maidenhead station to get a train to watch the game in London and everything's at a standstill. Going to have to try and get a local pub to put it on now or I'll be watching on my bloody phone

Doctor Who for being so absolutely impossibly smug.

Outrageous how smug a TV show can be, it's the TV drama version of that prick Piers Morgan.

8 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Doctor Who for being so absolutely impossibly smug.

Outrageous how smug a TV show can be, it's the TV drama version of that prick Piers Morgan.

Following on from your seethe, I'll add adults who watch Dr who. Its a fecking kids programme.

Car manuals that don’t tell you how to change the time. Spent ages looking through my book, there’s nothing in there. An even bigger seethe is that I spent all that time looking as when I went to try and do it, it’s so simple a toddler could work it out.

The common as dog shite on a pavement social media/internet phrase "Delighted to announce" and then the statement goes on to describe something so painfully dull you wish you never woke up that morning.

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

The common as dog shite on a pavement social media/internet phrase "Delighted to announce" and then the statement goes on to describe something so painfully dull you wish you never woke up that morning.

Dog shite on a pavement is increasingly rare.

I've noticed that people have started using the term "GOAT" to describe footballers more and more now.  You can't read an article or social media comments without someone using the term.

It's Americanised shite and absolutely does my box in.  Not only that, but they will use it to describe about 50 different players, which is not what it ****ing means.

**** off.  **** off, **** off, **** OFF.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

I've noticed that people have started using the term "GOAT" to describe footballers more and more now.  You can't read an article or social media comments without someone using the term.

It's Americanised shite and absolutely does my box in.  Not only that, but they will use it to describe about 50 different players, which is not what it ****ing means.

**** off.  **** off, **** off, **** OFF.

Would I be right in saying that this gets your goat?

Just let an elderly couple go ahead of me to get on a bus. Not even so much as a nod of appreciation from them.

Ignorant,ungrateful auld ***** ?

2 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Would I be right in saying that this gets your goat?

Bah-stard :lol:

main-qimg-5c8c39d9c5aefc138a0b2fe7595a4c

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I have my bus pass too, Ray even if I do only look aboot 50....

50?  Fifty?

Honestly?  50?

:biggrin:

1 minute ago, superjack said:

Forgot to include his school years.

@jonnothejambo always does Jack :) 

Mind you,  he was expelled aged 6 for ....

Och, it doesnae matter.  

:biggrin: 

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Christ was that really 44 years ago ? 

Or 46 ? 

Cannae match that comeback! :thumbsup:

Good one mate, hope you’re good?

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

All well mon ami. Looking forward to a nice steak before the game with my son then onto reaming the vermin. 

Hope you are good too.

:fth:

No’ bad Jonno.

Much better this time the morns night.

Whats really annoying me today is the standard of journalism now.

It's utterly pathetic, do papers even have editors anymore? It's literally just cut and paste from other peoples stories with no regard for fact checking or getting to the 'truth' of the story.

Example is Jamie Mckenzie who 'writes' for iNews (that seems somehow connected to the EEN), He's taken the 'Hang neil lennon' picture/story from twitter and makes two very basic errors, claims the maroon paint is red and also claims that the graffitti emerged after the game when 30 more seconds on twitter would have revealed that it was there before the game.

That's the problem with journalism in the internet age; stories move so fast that by the time they fact check something before publishing, the story has already moved on.

They tend to publish asap with only cursory checks in an attempt to be seen to be keeping up with the story.

Then clarifications and retractions are put out when the story turns out to be biased or wrong.

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

Seething with myself...

On an impulse I booked a weekend in Venice this morning for my boyfriend and I for the end of March. I done a bit shopping around and decided that booking through Thomas Cook was decent value ... nice hotel and flights via easyjet.

I pressed confirm booking, and immediately received a confirmation email from easyjet - only confirming the flights. Now, in my still semi-hungover/shattered state I panicked and thought I'd accidentally just booked the flights on the easyjet page (I had that tab open due to aforementioned browsing) so I cancelled the flights.

Two minutes later I recieved the email from Thomas Cook confirming the whole booking, with the same reference number. So, now I have paid £30 cancellation fee, and I think I will have to book the flights again through easyjet which somehow are more expensive.

Seethe, seethe, seethe with myself and my stupidity. Seethe.

And seethe again.

3 minutes ago, Hartleys_Jam_Tart said:

Seething with myself...

On an impulse I booked a weekend in Venice this morning for my boyfriend and I for the end of March. I done a bit shopping around and decided that booking through Thomas Cook was decent value ... nice hotel and flights via easyjet.

I pressed confirm booking, and immediately received a confirmation email from easyjet - only confirming the flights. Now, in my still semi-hungover/shattered state I panicked and thought I'd accidentally just booked the flights on the easyjet page (I had that tab open due to aforementioned browsing) so I cancelled the flights.

Two minutes later I recieved the email from Thomas Cook confirming the whole booking, with the same reference number. So, now I have paid £30 cancellation fee, and I think I will have to book the flights again through easyjet which somehow are more expensive.

Seethe, seethe, seethe with myself and my stupidity. Seethe.

And seethe again.

Always double check before booking/cancelling anything!! ??‍♂️

I'd phone/email Thomas cook and explain the situation. Nothing to lose and best case they "undo" you cancelling and you get the £30 and booked package back.

Even if you don't get the fee refunded I can't imagine they wouldn't at least honour the original booking. If you've only just made it surely the price wont have drastically changed and they obviously have the availability if they let you book first time.

Worth a shot I'd say. Shy bairns get nowt and all that! ?‍♂️

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Inbreds setting off fireworks meaning I can't hear Roy Orbison.

The public selling of them should be ended. It's pretty chavvy to put on your own 'display' and the distress it causes animals is just cruel. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I bought a CD from a charity shop after looking at the disk first, it looked fine. It is however unplayable as it skips and jumps all over the place. Not blaming the shop but the person who handed it in should have tried playing it first before giving it to the shop. The charity at least got couple of quid which is good though. 

5 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I bought a CD from a charity shop after looking at the disk first, it looked fine. It is however unplayable as it skips and jumps all over the place. Not blaming the shop but the person who handed it in should have tried playing it first before giving it to the shop. The charity at least got couple of quid which is good though. 

What was the music bud, anyway seethin at the council, stair communial bin overflowing as they missed the collection yesterday, last thursday never emptied it as it was 

about a third full,  quickly on my case if i miss a council tax payment.

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

What was the music bud, anyway seethin at the council, stair communial bin overflowing as they missed the collection yesterday, last thursday never emptied it as it was 

about a third full,  quickly on my case if i miss a council tax payment.

It was a Sigur Ros double disc called Heim/ Hvarf or something like that but the writing is difficult to read. 

We have our own bins but sometimes they are up to three days late. I just leave them out now as I once took a wheelie bin back in and missed the collection which came later that day. 

2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It was a Sigur Ros double disc called Heim/ Hvarf or something like that but the writing is difficult to read. 

We have our own bins but sometimes they are up to three days late. I just leave them out now as I once took a wheelie bin back in and missed the collection which came later that day. 

3 days nightmare.

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, Harry Potter said:

3 days nightmare.

It changes too, some weeks it's the food waste the next the general or mixed recycling. 

The till operator at Tesco telling me she thinks the halloumi and brie that I was buying was 'disgusting' and how much she hates cheese.

I'm not buying it for you you loudmouth Leith cretin.