The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

21 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

What was the music bud, anyway seethin at the council, stair communial bin overflowing as they missed the collection yesterday, last thursday never emptied it as it was 

about a third full,  quickly on my case if i miss a council tax payment.

Edinburgh bin collections are a joke. It’s a wonder the whole city isn’t overrun with rats.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Edinburgh bin collections are a joke. It’s a wonder the whole city isn’t overrun with rats.

Still no sign of them, rubbish now in bin bags with no where to go, last collection was monday the 

29th of october .

Fitzroy Pointon
16 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

The till operator at Tesco telling me she thinks the halloumi and brie that I was buying was 'disgusting' and how much she hates cheese.

I'm not buying it for you you loudmouth Leith cretin. 

If she hates cheese then how the hell does she know that halloumi and brie are disgusting?  Anyway, who doesn't like cheese apart from people who are intolerant to it?  

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Anyway, who doesn't like cheese apart from people who are intolerant to it?  

Weirdos and deviants. 

4 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

If she hates cheese then how the hell does she know that halloumi and brie are disgusting?  Anyway, who doesn't like cheese apart from people who are intolerant to it?  

It's like people who say they don't like fish, but have never tried anything out of the sea!  

Minor life irritant of mine. 

3 hours ago, King prawn said:

:what:

Land Rovers, its no wonder there are as many Japanese pick ups on the road, had them for 30 odd years and thank christ they've stopped making the Defender. Our firm have 2, neither are reliable, mine, a 90, doesn't start sometimes, the immobiliser and the fob don't seem to be talking to each other, it goes into the garage and they can't find a problem, it gets sent back, it doesn't start again a few days after, it goes back to the garage and they can't find any problems!!! 

Our 110 is doing the same thing now, can't wait for my shiny new isuzu d max to arrive. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
On 06/11/2018 at 11:41, Dawnrazor said:

Land Rovers. 

Agree. There drivers always seem to park next to me in carparks making reversing blind into some poor begger with a trolley or into another car a serious possibility . Not just Land Rovers but all other Chelsea tractors are a nuisance and should only be used in the countryside where they belong. 

Idiots driving about with no lights on. I popped to the shops after work and saw 5+ cars driving about with no lights on. Tried flashing them. Putting the hazards on. Nothing. They just kept driving on. 

33 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Agree. There drivers always seem to park next to me in carparks making reversing blind into some poor begger with a trolley or into another car a serious possibility . Not just Land Rovers but all other Chelsea tractors are a nuisance and should only be used in the countryside where they belong. 

Don't be too hard on a Land Rover drive next to you, he's probably broken down! 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Don't be too hard on a Land Rover drive next to you, he's probably broken down! 

? I just wish they'd break down in an empty part of the car park.

13 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Idiots driving about with no lights on. I popped to the shops after work and saw 5+ cars driving about with no lights on. Tried flashing them. Putting the hazards on. Nothing. They just kept driving on. 

This is the season for them, i used to flash them, cant be bothered now, must be weird looking at a dark speedo , mind you they probably

dont look at that to add to their clueless ways in a car.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

This is the season for them, I used to flash them,, cant be bothered now, must be weird looking at a dark speedo , mind you they probably

dont look at that to add to their clueless ways in a car.

4FB0E7E8-0732-4B24-B313-0303606DA765.gif

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Problem is, on new cars the dash lights up automatically, and they have those poncy daytime 'running' lights. They probably think their real lights are on too. The more automated you make stuff, the dumber people get. I have to manually light the candles in my 14 year old Skoda, but at least I know I'm driving safely.

Think it was volvo cars back in the day always had sidelights on, had a mate who had a problem with volvo drivers, anytime 

one came close to him he would seeth up,  lol.

On 27/10/2018 at 20:30, 3fingersreid said:

Seethe at myself for not understanding that when city of Edinburgh council say they’re changing the day of collection for food waste , they actually mean they’re just going to leave the food waste bin full and will ignore it .

There surely can’t be a poorer ran council out there , the city fathers and mothers are a ****ing joke 

Just saw this. I live in the central belt, every Sunday night I put the food waste out, every Monday it doesn't get collected, every Tuesday I report it and every Wednesday or Thursday it gets picked up. 

There are only two or three days a week where my food bin isn't sitting on the pavement. 

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Problem is, on new cars the dash lights up automatically, and they have those poncy daytime 'running' lights. They probably think their real lights are on too. The more automated you make stuff, the dumber people get. I have to manually light the candles in my 14 year old Skoda, but at least I know I'm driving safely.

These cars didn’t even have daylight running lights so they were driving in complete darkness, eejits! 

Candles ??

26 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It takes a special, and seetheworthy, type of idiot to drive without any lights at night. Maybe they're being stealthy?

Maybe they’ve eaten loads of carrots. I think my gran said that helps you see in the dark. ?

Had a bit of a dispute with Amazon this morning over a purchase, the end of it being that if I paid for a full years Prime they would refund me the money and let the membership be a freebie and send an email confirming the arrangement. Six hours later and no refund or email. However they have of course taken my payment off me. 

Some poor sod at Amazon is going to get both barrels if it isn't back soon.

3 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Maybe they’ve eaten loads of carrots. I think my gran said that helps you see in the dark. ?

That will explain why you never see a rabbit wearing glasses.

People who use homelessness or third world conditions as a comparison when telling you to shut up and be grateful for what you have. 

Why should I be grateful that I pay so much rent for a house I could buy it 3 times over in a mortgage period?

Private landlords, don't start me... 

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

FlymayBe. 

FTFY. We used to have them running the stornoway flights, They were horrendous, it was a gamble as to whether they would actually fly.

28 minutes ago, superjack said:

FTFY. We used to have them running the stornoway flights, They were horrendous, it was a gamble as to whether they would actually fly.

Aye, they're always delayed. Last night I was cancelled out of City. Just getting home now.

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Your life is in the hands of a computer.  

In a way yes, but in this case said computer was being controlled by a human who sent it on a death plunge. 

Fitzroy Pointon
14 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

In a way yes, but in this case said computer was being controlled by a human who sent it on a death plunge. 

I watched an interesting documentary a few years ago about air crashes and the stress that pilots are under at times.  It focused on the low cost carriers in America (I think in the case of one crash it was Continental Express at the time) and how the pilots are amongst the lowest paid commercial pilots in the western world and their living conditions on layovers were basically a cloakroom with a sleeping bag.  It was said that this was a factor in a crash that happened outside New York.  Long hours, low pay, stress and tiredness causing them to make basic mistakes like wrong settings etc.  Unsettling stuff.  

Yeah I was being flippant before but can't really imagine the level of responsibility and stress pilots/air traffic controllers must have have. One mistake or malfunction and dozens or hundreds of lives are in pretty serious jeopardy. Mental. 

34 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Yeah I was being flippant before but can't really imagine the level of responsibility and stress pilots/air traffic controllers must have have. One mistake or malfunction and dozens or hundreds of lives are in pretty serious jeopardy. Mental. 

or a mental state change in the pilot

45 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Was booked on Flybe for a connecting Heathrow flight earlier this month. Was dreading it, thinking it would be delayed and that I'd miss my connection at LHR.

Instead, left bang on time, and had the friendliest cabin crew in years. Laughing and joking about what music they'd play, and then the captain put GnR on over the tannoy as we were boarding. They were cool with my slightly over-sized cabin bag, too.

Perhaps a rare good experience, although I used to fly Edinburgh-Exeter almost every weekend, and they were largely on time.

They have constant issues. If they have a problem with a plane early in the day then it causes knock on effects as they then take the plane which the next flight was meant to be using and give it to the flight which has had the issues. The last 3 flights I've had with them have a record of 2.5hr delay, 2hr delay, cancelled. Those delays are pretty standard.

As soon as we booked the flight for last night we knew we were taking a risk, but the BA flight was twice the price so we had to take the FlyBe one (work rules). 

Captain Sausage

Used to use FlyBe from Sumburgh every two weeks.

In 2 years, I probably had 10-15 on time flights. In fairness, a lot due to weather. But the delays meant I could never trust the second flight to be within an hour and I had to wait 3 hours for my layover if the flight was on time!

The wait on the buses after the game yesterday 

Almost 80,000 folk in the Gorgie area with the rugby that’s fair enough, but the fact the buses were diverting from western approach road to Gorgie and 2 seperate near empty 22’s stopped to let passengers off, but refused to pick anyone up despite a huge queue in the rain.

then when we get on a bus some absolute roaster giving it big licks about knowing this footballer or that footballer and slating a current player for not giving her his top, proper entitled and offended brigade. Was so loud the entire bus was subjected to their drivel.

On 10/11/2018 at 13:37, IronJambo said:

Was given a flu jab a few hours ago and it now or feels like I was belted on the arm with a hammer

Yep, mine does that. Agony for a couple of days. 

13 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Got mine ;last Tuesday and haven't felt a twinge never mind any more severe reaction.

methode-sundaytimes-prod-web-bin-ea0a02dc-7456-11e7-b8e2-c49520e20944.jpg

Strangely the nurse asked me to cough and when I asked why she said to distract you from the feeling of the needle going into your arm! Thankfully that was all it was for!

4 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Strangely the nurse asked me to cough and when I asked why she said to distract you from the feeling of the needle going into your arm! Thankfully that was all it was for!

What else were you expecting Stuart???

images.jpeg

3 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Nothing else Morgan - was just surprised she thought it was necessary.

The last time a nurse asked me to cough, they were holding my plums in their hand.

I did find it a bit odd that they requested to do this out in the hospital car park, and that they weren't wearing a uniform or NHS ID lanyard, but nothing is more important than your health :) 

22 minutes ago, tian447 said:

The last time a nurse asked me to cough, they were holding my plums in their hand.

I did find it a bit odd that they requested to do this out in the hospital car park, and that they weren't wearing a uniform or NHS ID lanyard, but nothing is more important than your health :) 

6F7022CC-4554-440F-A92B-D88C64475B8B.png

3 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Nothing else Morgan - was just surprised she thought it was necessary.

Did you enjoy it though?

37 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Did you get his name?

22 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Did you get his name?

For some reason, he refused to tell me, some sort of Doctor Patient confidentiality thing.

6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

For some reason, he refused to tell me, some sort of Doctor Patient confidentiality thing.

Fair play to the guy for taking confidentiality seriously.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I put a radio in a box to store about a year ago as I was using another one at the time. I was emptying the box today and found I had stupidly left the batteries in the radio and they have leaked and corroded the insides. I can't find the plug connector either to see if it still works. Looks like a bin job! 

Couriers again

Had a parcel that had a delivery date of 17th - 19th Nov , checked my tracker yesterday and found that it was delivered on the 15th and signed by my surname  (  wrong spelling )    I've been on the phone to yodel the last 2 days , yesterday they said they would speak to the driver and call me back yesterday , no call , I called this morning again and said they cant get hold of the driver , I said if the van has a tracker can you see if he was in my area on Thursday ,  sorry sir the tracker in the van was broken that day , yeah right then :)    , now I've been told to get in touch with the sender for a replacement / refund.  nightmare