Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Helzibob - hope you were on holiday in Florida and not looking for your personal cooling fan!

? the Americans wouldn’t be daft enough to steal my fan. 

49 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

? the Americans wouldn’t be daft enough to steal my fan. 

:robbo:

Der Kaiser
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Vertical oscillating tower fan with remote control and timer. 

Life saver in the summer.

£40 or so.

:yas: 

Mine was £20 last year.

:verysmug:

22 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Is she the Yank with the cracking paps?

How insulting to her. 

She’s the Canadian with the cracking paps. 

Chicken pox 

meant to be on holiday tonight but the wee man caught chicken pox 2 days ago and not fit to fly. 

Silver lining edinburgh weather is better than where we were meant to be going but the hassle of having to cancel it all and avoid places with newborns and pregnant woman with the weather being this grand.

positive is that the wee one has barely noticed it. 

18 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Oops..

What's the definition of an American bra ? 

One yank and it's off...

:facepalm: 

Ministry MK2
On 04/07/2018 at 21:26, peter_hmfc said:

Katherine Ryan is utter shite and an annoying prick as well.

She stunk up an entire series of Taskmaster (even Richard Osman was funnier and he is absolutely atrocious at comedy) and regularly shits all over otherwise good episodes of 8/10 Cats. Now she's ruining an episode of that new Richard Ayoade show.

A horrific attempt at comedy, truly horrific.

I don’t find her particularly funny either but she seems to get on every panel show/talking head show so someone must think she is funny!

Mosquitos.

For every one bite they give me I give them five swipes of the training shoe.  Then zap the feck out of their squashed and bloodless wee bodies.

Glaswegians are irritating at the best of times. Drunk Glaswegians on holiday are ******* unbearable though.

think they’re the life and soul of the party, when in fact they’re just attention seeking arseholes.

They always seem to be Celtic fans too.

Dicks ?

8 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Glaswegians are irritating at the best of times. Drunk Glaswegians on holiday are ******* unbearable though.

think they’re the life and soul of the party, when in fact they’re just attention seeking arseholes.

They always seem to be Celtic fans too.

Dicks ?

32 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Nothing more soul-crushing than seeing a Celtic top when you're abroad. 

These.

Fitzroy Pointon
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Agreed.  The B.O. smell due to them having it on since they left the house back home just adds to it.  

Was in the pub in Gran Canaria watching the SC derby back in January.  Having a great time with the bar to myself, nice cold pints, breeze blowing through the open windows, barmaid bringing the drinks over and the remote control.  Go to the bogs at half time and come back and there is a group of men and women, mostly in Celtic colours eyeing up the pub.  Please dont come in here, please dont come in here.  Worst of it was I heard someone muttering "mon tae **** Hibs".  

chester copperpot

Football 'taps' should not be allowed on adults on their holidays.

I actually cringe when I see them, no matter what the team.

41 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

This

William H. Bonney
3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It makes it easier to know who to avoid though. 

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Football "taps" = worn by fans of West Coast teams = muppets & avoid

Football "toaps" = worn by  fans of East Coast teams = caution, depending upon which toap it is!

William H. Bonney
4 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Football "taps" = worn by fans of West Coast teams = muppets & avoid

Football "toaps" = worn by  fans of East Coast teams = caution, depending upon which toap it is!

I'd still avoid even if they had on hearts tops. I'm with my family on holiday. Football is the last thing on my mind. 

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, Dino Velvet said:

I'd still avoid even if they had on hearts tops. I'm with my family on holiday. Football is the last thing on my mind. 

I'm the same TBF...except if I've booked a trip when we are playing...

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Usually the bloaters that wear them too, which is even worse.

Not that I’m condoning football tops, on adults, on holiday, ever, you understand.

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, Dino Velvet said:

Yip. Me too.

Advertising who you support on holiday is, quite frankly, embarrasing.

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Agree totally. 

Even worse when the wearer is a fat slob. 

Do they realise how stupid and disgusting they look ? 

Probably not. 

Hoops make scum look even fatter.

Just saying like.

Bad spelling, bad grammar etc.

Folk that say ‘of’ instead of ‘have’. Folk that write it are worse. At least when you say it, it sort of sounds the same but, when you write it .... :facepalm:   Example : ‘It should of happened’. No, no, no - that’s wrong.

To, too and two are three different words with three different meanings ffs.

As are ‘there, their and they're’. It’s not difficult ffs.

Losing a game of football is not ‘getting beat of’ its ‘losing to’.

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The education standards are right down the shitter judging by the examples you have provided. 

I wonder if anyone on here would care to elaborate as to why they type 'should of' instead of 'should have'. 

I will have a stab. They will say that is the way they say it.....

:phface:

Correct.

Carrying on from the last couple of posts--democracy. It can't work with the ever-burgeoning quantity of thick as shit c***s voting.

Bin the whole f***ing thing, burn it to the ground, whatever. It's through.

Fitzroy Pointon

Had to move a junkie out the close two mornings in a row because people wont take the snib off when they come back in.  Really pissed me off this morning.  I asked him to move and his reply was "am no causin' any bother".  I said aye there's kids in the close mate, they dont need to see someone sleeping on the landing.  "aye but theres kids oot there anaw".  The threat of the police didn't work so had to step it up and put on my best hardman act.  After a few more "am no causing any bother" I said listen, I'll give you ******* bother if you want it, move!  He stood up and stared at me then walked out mumbling stuff under his breath.  He was a scruffy ******* as well.  

Why don't people lock close doors behind them.  If there is security entry, use it.  It's there for a reason.  Even after she left a note taped to the door yesterday morning, they still don't lock it.  

10 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

The education standards are right down the shitter judging by the examples you have provided. 

I wonder if anyone on here would care to elaborate as to why they type 'should of' instead of 'should have'. 

Whilst in broad agreement with you (not all education standards are down the shitter, IMO) - wouldn't people say would've, should've, could've thereby eliminating the natural gap between  the spoken 'should' and 'have' making it likelier  for the lazy or ill-educated to write it as they say it?

8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yes they would, Boof, however they surely would not say 'should of ' or 'could of '. It doesn't make sense.

I totally agree it makes no sense - I was just trying to make some sense of it!

I think it's that 'VE and OF sound so similar that people get confused and don't really understand how apostrophes work.

(ps - I really wanted to write apostrophe's...just for the bants :lol:)

2 hours ago, Boof said:

I totally agree it makes no sense - I was just trying to make some sense of it!

I think it's that 'VE and OF sound so similar that people get confused and don't really understand how apostrophes work.

(ps - I really wanted to write apostrophe's...just for the bants :lol:)

That’s a good way to put it Boof :thumb: 

The VE and OF  is obviously what is causing this mistake.

I agree that they sound similar but surely, when the person writes it, they should see it doesn’t look right?

Anyway, probably being too picky here!

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

:lol:

What's an apostrophe, by the way :wink:

It’s a thing like a disaster isn’t it?  Or, am I getting confused? :whistling: 

2 hours ago, Boof said:

Whilst in broad agreement with you (not all education standards are down the shitter, IMO) - wouldn't people say would've, should've, could've thereby eliminating the natural gap between  the spoken 'should' and 'have' making it likelier  for the lazy or ill-educated to write it as they say it?

Just read this one from you too.

Bang on again, :thumbsup: 

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Confused ? You? 

Never.

What a catastrophe :whistling: 

You could ‘of’ been kinder to me though.

tokyowalnut

Just had to pay £15 to Edinburgh Council for a special uplift for 3 items. I was under the impression there was 1 free uplift per household per year. That annoyed me, but what really gave me the seethe was having to pay with no confirmation of a collection date. 

Minor seethe, but it's annoyed me.

While I'm on it, people that talk at normal volume in the cinema, and people who leave all their rubbish behind after a movie. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
20 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

There is something in that.  I think that if people talked properly, they might spell properly.

One word that comes to mind is maintenance.  There are people who say main-tain-ance and write it maintainance.

Part of the problem is that for a long time in the last quarter of the 20th Century correct spelling was not considered essential by teachers.  They placed more emphasis on the expression of ideas.

During this period, the teaching of grammar also fell away.  (Of course we now know that a lot of things we were taught as "proper grammar" in the past were total nonsense.)

On 13/07/2018 at 19:51, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

There is something in that.  I think that if people talked properly, they might spell properly.

One word that comes to mind is maintenance.  There are people who say main-tain-ance and write it maintainance.

Part of the problem is that for a long time in the last quarter of the 20th Century correct spelling was not considered essential by teachers.  They placed more emphasis on the expression of ideas.

During this period, the teaching of grammar also fell away.  (Of course we now know that a lot of things we were taught as "proper grammar" in the past were total nonsense.)

Yep, agree with all that.

Another ‘if people talked properly, they might spell properly’ is the word ‘were’.

Just how many folk write ‘where’ when they really mean ‘were’?

Another cracker is ‘funny as’.  It’s like :wtf: 

Brendan Rogers and the Hearts' pitch patter.

The joke wore thin months ago, chaps. No need to keep wheeling it out every time the club post pictures of the surface online.

They have changed the recipe for Wham bars? SEEEEEETHING!!!!!!

When and why did this travesty happen? They were fine the way they were? Filling pulling, sticky, messy perfection. Now they are all just a bit crap?

30 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

They have changed the recipe for Wham bars? SEEEEEETHING!!!!!!

When and why did this travesty happen? They were fine the way they were? Filling pulling, sticky, messy perfection. Now they are all just a bit crap?

What a ****ing joke. Wham bars are pure sugar and always have been - just because a few (quite a lot of) people can't control themselves, the rest of us have to suffer because of reduced sugar recipes and sugar taxes.  They're starting to cross a line, and I don't like it one bit. 

I'll also never get over the loss of Irn Bru bars :(

Bindy Badgy

I'm grateful for the sugar tax. Fizzy drinks and other assorted crap is the one addiction I've never been able to quit. 

One of my neighbours has taken to standing out in her front garden and having every phone call on speaker??

Chats with pals.....arguments with insurance providers.....quotes for utilities.....

I'm tempted to fake my own public calls...

"...dont you dare bring that stuff to my house again....im telling you....ive covered for you once too many times....that stuff can cause cancer......well you shouldn't have stolen it!.....seriously....if you start another gang war on my doorstep..I'll kill you......ok.....ok.......say hi to Dad for me"

3fingersreid

Topkapi takeaway , obviously got new owners but their food ( chicken kebabs anyway) is crap now , it wasn't broken so why change it ,oh and the salad dressing isn't the same either . Now I need to find a decent kebab shop .