The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

31 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

People who say Pacific instead of specific. 

Is it people at work who do this? Or friends? Or is it family?

You need to be more pacific.

:whistling:

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

People who say Pacific instead of specific. 

"doggy dog world"

"the proof is in the pudding"

"damp squid"

"for all intensive purposes"

"did a complete 360 turn around"

"escape goat"

"on tender hooks"

:jjno::jjno::jjno: 

The Internet
6 minutes ago, Cade said:

"doggy dog world"

"damp squid"

"escape goat"

"on tender hooks"

You sound like a bit of a pre-madonna. 

Getting telly installed which obviously entails a few wires going around the outside of the house, guy tries to out them up right next to the existing wire for the auld bag upstairs to come down and say it's her property, were causing damage etc.

Swiftly told where to go

Konrad von Carstein

Probably (definitely) the wrong thread but getting the glad eye from a very attractive young lady in Jenners...us older guys like deluding ourselves...or so my wife says :)

luckyBatistuta

Folk getting in your taxi and telling you the score, even after you’ve told them you don’t want to know, as you’re recording it.

Weed. And the people who smoke it (well those I have come across recently)

theres a house down the road that clearlY deal it and get away with it, but when the folk in it smoke it it wafts down the street and can smell it over a hundred metres away

the neighbours behind us also indulge and it comes through the open (or closed) window

just the smell and the arrogance of those around who use it, is just really getting on my wick.

generally it feels like wherever you go , you smell it

tollcross, princes st, chambers street, meadows, the gyle, almost anywhere in Edinburgh you go, it seems to have someone smoking weed.

not my own seethe but I can imagine my other neighbour will have this

his family have just moved in (wife and young daughter) and there 2nd day here th neighbours in all the other flats and houses on the back green decide to have a of drinking and food, but it’s 2225 and the music is blaring nightclub esque levels with singing and cackling 

right outside his back windows. In terms of first impressions i feel the wife won’t be happy (and don’t blame her)

and there are a few few of them who are buzzing any and every buzzer on the stair to get in to see the upstairs neighbours who have called it a night. Mine just went whoever it was already buzzed another (which cancels anything I can do) 

swiftly turned it on private for the night 

Edited by BM1874

Dickheads who can't be arsed signalling when driving.  

Its so blatant you can tell it's not a genuine mistake.

10 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Dickheads who can't be arsed signalling when driving.  

Its so blatant you can tell it's not a genuine mistake.

I've failed driving tests for those pricks. Massive seethe 

Sooperstar
20 hours ago, Cade said:

"doggy dog world"

"damp squid"

"escape goat"

"on tender hooks"

What's your problem with 'the proof is in the pudding'? That to me is a wholly accepted abbreviation of the full phrase.

Feckers who use the phrase 'evens Stevens'. Don't know why, it just does does my head in. 

Edited by Elmore

American telly programs have made my stepson think it's acceptable to say "soccer" 

:muggy:

The Internet
11 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

American telly programs have made my stepson think it's acceptable to say "soccer" 

:muggy:

Over the past few years I've noticed that almost all my wife's nieces and nephews have a very slight American twang to their accent and they watch loads of those shows. Haven't caught any of them calling it soccer though thankfully. 

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Over the past few years I've noticed that almost all my wife's nieces and nephews have a very slight American twang to their accent and they watch loads of those shows. Haven't caught any of them calling it soccer though thankfully. 

The boy does have a slight twang as well which I thought was kind of inevitable...never thought he'd take it that far though 

3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I work with a lot of young people and the americanisms do my head in. Saying ass instead of arse was bad enough but that's now moved onto butt. I've recently had an almost heart attack inducing rage attack when some little placement shitebag pronounced Z as zee. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I've recently had an almost heart attack inducing rage attack when some little placement shitebag pronounced Z as zee. 

?

Our neighbours over the back fence have a squeaky trampoline in their garden which the kids like to use every waking minute. The ***** were even bouncing about on it before school at 6am. Thinking of torching it.

:seething:

Doesn't help that their wee boy cuts about in a manky purple Hibs' top most of the time.

19 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Our neighbours over the back fence have a squeaky trampoline in their garden which the kids like to use every waking minute. The ***** were even bouncing about on it before school at 6am. Thinking of torching it.

Doesn't help that their wee boy cuts about in a manky purple Hibs' top most of the time.

Sneak into the garden and remove 1 spring every night.

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

WD40 or a few slits with Stan's knife in appropriate stress points :rofl:Funny as £uck when they go for the big bounce and just keep going south.

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

51 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

You can narrow it down to BMW and Audi wankers.

When you stop to let another driver out if a junction and they don't wave to day thanks. Am I right in saying that the majority of times this happens its usually a women?  

1 minute ago, Elmore said:

When you stop to let another driver out if a junction and they don't wave to day thanks. Am I right in saying that the majority of times this happens its usually a women?  

Maybe wave tomorrow?

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Not in my experience, Elmore.

It's usually some ignorant wankers in a BMW or an Audi....

I think it just be where I live. Walking the dog yesterday and I grabbed the dog to let two cyclists go by and not one of them said thanks. Male and female. I do live in a place where there are a lot if 'the goodlife ' types. What you tend to find though is that its usually Marjorie in Felicity's clothes. 

@VladMagic

Absolutely seething beyond belief!!

Went for a couple of cold ones at my local yesterday. Sitting outside in the glorious 27deg heat at about 3pm (hottest part of the day). Popped in to buy the round and when I got outside a couple had arrived with a gorgeous black lab. They were sitting a couple of tables across from us and I had to walk past them to get to where we were sitting.

I asked politely if I could say hello to their dog ( I am a dog owner myself) to which they replied yes. The dog was really agitated and would not come near me. He was looking in distress (tail curled down between back legs) so I crouched down to make myself look smaller. Some dogs see tall people as a threat so making yourself smaller puts them at ease. I then put my hand on the ground and literally nearly burnt it. The temperature of the ground was ridiculously hot!! I couldn't put my hand on it for more than a second.

I suggested they move the dog to a shaded area and told them to put their hands on the ground. Shock and embarrassment then followed as the women put her hand on the ground only to take it off a split second later.

If I hadn't done what I did the poor thing would have blistered its paws to raw!!!! 

Its not even rocket science. Hot sun, hot ground.

Der Kaiser
On 01/07/2018 at 19:40, jonnothejambo said:

People, and I use the word grudgingly, leaving their dogs in hot cars. 

If I had my way I would garrotte the scum.

Or maybe just open a window?

Fitzroy Pointon
1 hour ago, VladMagic said:

Absolutely seething beyond belief!!

Went for a couple of cold ones at my local yesterday. Sitting outside in the glorious 27deg heat at about 3pm (hottest part of the day). Popped in to buy the round and when I got outside a couple had arrived with a gorgeous black lab. They were sitting a couple of tables across from us and I had to walk past them to get to where we were sitting.

I asked politely if I could say hello to their dog ( I am a dog owner myself) to which they replied yes. The dog was really agitated and would not come near me. He was looking in distress (tail curled down between back legs) so I crouched down to make myself look smaller. Some dogs see tall people as a threat so making yourself smaller puts them at ease. I then put my hand on the ground and literally nearly burnt it. The temperature of the ground was ridiculously hot!! I couldn't put my hand on it for more than a second.

I suggested they move the dog to a shaded area and told them to put their hands on the ground. Shock and embarrassment then followed as the women put her hand on the ground only to take it off a split second later.

If I hadn't done what I did the poor thing would have blistered its paws to raw!!!! 

Its not even rocket science. Hot sun, hot ground.

To be honest I probably wouldn't have thought of that either.  

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Spanish accents.

*shudders*

:sick2:

I'll see your Spanish accents and raise you South African...

The fact that air-conditioning isn't really a thing in the UK. I know that the excuse is that we'd hardly ever use it, but we do get periods of hot weather in the UK, and we often hear "It's hotter than *insert hot country here*" in the news. 

I'm sweating my ***** off, and opening windows just lets about a hundred flies in. 

:seethe: and :sob: all in one. 

One more. People driving and texting. 

Literally just seen someone have a near miss with a daft cow in a white Audi queueing in traffic who was looking down on her phone, and didn't notice lights had changed to red and kept going forward. 

The Police will have you for speeding, but don't give a **** about catching these people, especially in town. How are you supposed to catch people doing it when there are never any Police on the street to see it? 

Twats. 

Der Kaiser
51 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Literally just seen someone have a near miss with a daft cow in a white Audi queueing in traffic who was looking down on her phone, and didn't notice lights had changed to red and kept going forward. 

The Police will have you for speeding, but don't give a **** about catching these people, especially in town. How are you supposed to catch people doing it when there are never any Police on the street to see it? 

Twats. 

Get along side her in your car and video it, then drive straight to the police station...........

:kirk:

Or GHP

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Twats. 

Should be treated the same as drink driving, automatic 1 year ban.

The Internet
13 hours ago, tian447 said:

The fact that air-conditioning isn't really a thing in the UK. I know that the excuse is that we'd hardly ever use it, but we do get periods of hot weather in the UK, and we often hear "It's hotter than *insert hot country here*" in the news. 

I'm sweating my ***** off, and opening windows just lets about a hundred flies in. 

:seethe: and :sob: all in one. 

We need to stop with the daft myth that it's never hot or sunny in the UK. It's like this for at least 4 months every year :lol: Folk kid on they enjoy it but really if you're working in an office it's hell. 

But it's not quite as hot as the deserts of Nevada so we're not allowed to complain. 

We need to stop with the daft myth that it's never hot or sunny in the UK. It's like this for at least 4 months every year :lol:

In Edinburgh? Is it bollocks. :rofl:

We need to stop with the daft myth that it's never hot or sunny in the UK. It's like this for at least 4 months every year :lol: Folk kid on they enjoy it but really if you're working in an office it's hell. 

But it's not quite as hot as the deserts of Nevada so we're not allowed to complain. 

Poor office workers stuck in those hellish conditions :D

Unknown user
On 30/06/2018 at 22:28, BM1874 said:

Weed. And the people who smoke it (well those I have come across recently)

theres a house down the road that clearlY deal it and get away with it, but when the folk in it smoke it it wafts down the street and can smell it over a hundred metres away

the neighbours behind us also indulge and it comes through the open (or closed) window

just the smell and the arrogance of those around who use it, is just really getting on my wick.

generally it feels like wherever you go , you smell it

tollcross, princes st, chambers street, meadows, the gyle, almost anywhere in Edinburgh you go, it seems to have someone smoking weed.

not my own seethe but I can imagine my other neighbour will have this

his family have just moved in (wife and young daughter) and there 2nd day here th neighbours in all the other flats and houses on the back green decide to have a of drinking and food, but it’s 2225 and the music is blaring nightclub esque levels with singing and cackling 

right outside his back windows. In terms of first impressions i feel the wife won’t be happy (and don’t blame her)

and there are a few few of them who are buzzing any and every buzzer on the stair to get in to see the upstairs neighbours who have called it a night. Mine just went whoever it was already buzzed another (which cancels anything I can do) 

swiftly turned it on private for the night 

I smoke weed but the arrogance is all my own

The Internet
38 minutes ago, mutley said:

Poor office workers stuck in those hellish conditions :D

Really makes you understand what sweatshop workers go through :ninja:

8 hours ago, tian447 said:

Twats. 

Just back from Florida and saw

1) someone driving whilst eating noodles

2) someone driving and watching tv on their tablet

Maybe it’s not against the law there but it’s still stupidly dangerous. 

On 6/2/2018 at 09:01, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I'd just depress people with my attitude to hot weather. 

'Aye it's going to be ****ing roasting the day, make sure you kid on you enjoy it at work while sweating your arse off and bantering like 'this is our one day of summer hahaha' even though it's like this for at least 8 weeks of the year. Watch out for those scorched red faces.'

4 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

In Edinburgh? Is it bollocks. :rofl:

Make your mind up :wink: 

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Wasn't thinking straight with the first one. 

:robbo:  Fair doos!

We were in 41 degrees last Wednesday (not France btw), are you jealous? :wink: 

The Internet
15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:robbo:  Fair doos!

We were in 41 degrees last Wednesday (not France btw), are you jealous? :wink: 

Tbf I am a little bit cos I'm guessing you weren't travelling to work on a Lothian bus and sitting in an office all day. 

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Tbf I am a little bit cos I'm guessing you weren't travelling to work on a Lothian bus and sitting in an office all day. 

You’re right :lol:   

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

And there was probably air con. 

We were in Genoa and the heat was murder.  The air con in the hotel was thankfully superb.

Captain Sausage
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

And there was probably air con. 

Totally agree with you. People making out this weather is wonderful. 

Load of pish. This weather is great if you have air con and can therefore sleep in a cool room at night. Which like 1% of the UK has. I’m down in London and it’s unbearable at night. 

23 minutes ago, houstonjambo said:

Totally agree with you. People making out this weather is wonderful. 

Load of pish. This weather is great if you have air con and can therefore sleep in a cool room at night. Which like 1% of the UK has. I’m down in London and it’s unbearable at night. 

It's bloody awful in Berkshire as well. I don't think the building I live in helps though, I was in similar temperatures out West at the weekend and it was cool inside at night. It's 15 degrees overnight here but it's still 28 inside. 

Captain Sausage
Just now, IronJambo said:

It's bloody awful in Berkshire as well. I don't think the building I live in helps though, I was in similar temperatures out West at the weekend and it was cool inside at night. It's 15 degrees overnight here but it's still 28 inside. 

Same as my house. Cools down by around 5am which is no ****ing use!

Quoted £2k for two bedrooms split air con. Well worth it. 

luckyBatistuta
8 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

We need to stop with the daft myth that it's never hot or sunny in the UK. It's like this for at least 4 months every year :lol: 

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

I smoke weed 

Are you Mauricio’s supplier too

peter_hmfc

Katherine Ryan is utter shite and an annoying prick as well.

She stunk up an entire series of Taskmaster (even Richard Osman was funnier and he is absolutely atrocious at comedy) and regularly shits all over otherwise good episodes of 8/10 Cats. Now she's ruining an episode of that new Richard Ayoade show.

A horrific attempt at comedy, truly horrific.