The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

I recently bought an electric toothbrush but in order to charge it you have to plug it into the two pin shaver socket you get in some (but not all!!!!) bathrooms. I don't have that type of socket anywhere in my flat so now I have to go and buy an adaptor. Why don't they just have a normal plug and why the heck do bathrooms have this type of shaver socket rather than a regular socket (and conversely, why don't electric razors have a normal style plug?)!!?

Edited by Jambos_1874

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I recently bought an electric toothbrush but in order to charge it you have to plug it into the two pin shaver socket you get in some (but not all!!!!) bathrooms. I don't have that type of socket anywhere in my flat so now I have to go and buy an adaptor. Why don't they just have a normal plug and why the heck do bathrooms have this type of shaver socket rather than a regular socket (and conversely, why don't electric razors have a normal style plug?)!!?

110v I think for shaver sockets.

Building regs for potential wet areas.

Just spent an hour on a comparison site looking at energy. It gave me a page full of results that'll save me £80+ per year. Except they won't as the calculations don't work. I can make a marginal saving with the top of the list but it's not worth it.

I'm not sure how they get away with telling lies like this. 

On 21/01/2018 at 20:29, Dagger Is Back said:

A wee girl came to my classes who was called Porsche. She had a sister called Mercedes.

Keanu & Britney becoming more popular.

The Mrs has lost her keys. Car key, house key, radar key........ Be a silly amount to replace her car key.

Hope she shits herself because she can't get into a disabled bog.

Craig Gordons Gloves
On 1/21/2018 at 14:24, VladMagic said:

Parents who give their daughters ridiculously stupid names. 

This year I came across a women who referred to her toddler daughter as "Bieber" and last year another who referred to her daughter as "Tequilla".

I am lost for words.

My wife did some of her PGCE placement in one of the primary schools in Greenock, there was a Pocahontas in the school and as you may have guessed, she wasn't native to anywhere except Inverclyde. 

I also had the misfortune to be walking down Buchanan St 18 months ago and heard a delightful mother screaming "Cairo" at her toddler son.  Obviously i expect that Cairo was spelt Kiro or something like that. 

5 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

My wife did some of her PGCE placement in one of the primary schools in Greenock, there was a Pocahontas in the school and as you may have guessed, she wasn't native to anywhere except Inverclyde. 

I also had the misfortune to be walking down Buchanan St 18 months ago and heard a delightful mother screaming "Cairo" at her toddler son.  Obviously i expect that Cairo was spelt Kiro or something like that. 

My brother in law is a head teacher near to Greenock, in his second year at his school he had twin girls called Gucci and Versace. 

12 hours ago, IronJambo said:

The Mrs has lost her keys. Car key, house key, radar key........ Be a silly amount to replace her car key.

Hope she shits herself because she can't get into a disabled bog.

585D1E01-A0B8-40DE-8CA4-33B583EBEC19.jpeg

People who lean against the bell on the bus. How can you have so little self-awareness that you don't realise it's you?

Edited by Thaw

Dagger Is Back

Suits.

The collective term for a bunch of managerial arsewipes who implement procedures and demand that their front line staff implement them. Sometimes though it just doesn’t work out the way they’d intended.

At the bank and getting served when an old boy is getting served at the next till.

He asked for a withdrawal and the BOS teller says ‘that’s a large withdrawal Mr X, can I ask what you’re using the money for’

I was stunned till the old boy quick as a flash comes back with ‘coke and hookers son’

Seethe to :laugh: in seconds

Walter Payton
3 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Suits.

The collective term for a bunch of managerial arsewipes who implement procedures and demand that their front line staff implement them. Sometimes though it just doesn’t work out the way they’d intended.

At the bank and getting served when an old boy is getting served at the next till.

He asked for a withdrawal and the BOS teller says ‘that’s a large withdrawal Mr X, can I ask what you’re using the money for’

I was stunned till the old boy quick as a flash comes back with ‘coke and hookers son’

To be fair, the reason they ask that question (particularly if they can see that it's a far larger withdrawal than is usual from that account) is to protect older people from being scammed. If they get a response along the lines of "the guys who've just done my driveway told me that I'd already agreed to pay them £10k, but I couldn't remember that", the bank staff can often be the most efficient prevention from somebody being done out of their life savings (and I don't work for any bank!)

https://www.aol.co.uk/cars/2017/12/14/bank-staff-save-pensioner-from-10-000-used-car-scam/

http://www.n21.net/newsandarticles/45-2011-n21-winchmore-hill-london-articles/482-enfield-quick-thinking-santander-bank-staff-save-pensioner-from-scam.html

10 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Suits.

I think you missed the point of the question.

Dagger Is Back
7 hours ago, Bring on the Future said:

To be fair, the reason they ask that question (particularly if they can see that it's a far larger withdrawal than is usual from that account) is to protect older people from being scammed. If they get a response along the lines of "the guys who've just done my driveway told me that I'd already agreed to pay them £10k, but I couldn't remember that", the bank staff can often be the most efficient prevention from somebody being done out of their life savings (and I don't work for any bank!)

https://www.aol.co.uk/cars/2017/12/14/bank-staff-save-pensioner-from-10-000-used-car-scam/

http://www.n21.net/newsandarticles/45-2011-n21-winchmore-hill-london-articles/482-enfield-quick-thinking-santander-bank-staff-save-pensioner-from-scam.html

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

I think you missed the point of the question.

Oops seethe meter turned off. :Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

Well done the suits

Edited by Dagger Is Back

23 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Suits.

Any cash transaction over a certain limit is scrutinised and questioned as a protection against money laundering

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/money-laundering-regulations-high-value-dealer-registration

Edited by Cade

On 26/01/2018 at 22:52, Dagger Is Back said:

Suits.

I’d have found it funnier if the teller said to him ‘In that case I can’t authorise the transaction sir’.

Might teach the smart arsed old tit a lesson the next time he gets arsey over someone who’s only doing their job.

Dagger Is Back
19 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I’d have found it funnier if the teller said to him ‘In that case I can’t authorise the transaction sir’.

Might teach the smart arsed old tit a lesson the next time he gets arsey over someone who’s only doing their job.

I'm sure if he'd known the reason for asking such an intrusive question within earshot of others, he would have replied differently. Good on the suits for looking after the more vulnerable in our society 

13 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I'm sure if he'd known the reason for asking such an intrusive question within earshot of others, he would have replied differently. Good on the suits for looking after the more vulnerable in our society 

I’m sure he would but he could’ve just asked ‘Why do you need to know that?’ And I’m sure the teller would have explained.

Dagger Is Back
16 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I’m sure he would but he could’ve just asked ‘Why do you need to know that?’ And I’m sure the teller would have explained.

Yes indeed he could have Ian. I guess he was taken by surprise by the question and the way it as asked. In hindsight it could have handled much better by both sides.

Why do people find it so hard to accept that a yoghurt has finished? Its done. Finished. Over. Yet you see people scraping away at the bottom of the tub like some demented junkie.

William H. Bonney
53 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Why do people find it so hard to accept that a yoghurt has finished? Its done. Finished. Over. Yet you see people scraping away at the bottom of the tub like some demented junkie.

Guilty. I'm a lid licker too. 

Feel free to ridicule me. 

On 1/22/2018 at 08:26, Jambos_1874 said:

Sounds dodgy but just use a pen to push down the release thingy on the top hole (earth) and then your plug will fit.  They do it all the time in the Middle East where they use a UK style plug in the homes but most of the products sold are the two pin style.  As I said sounds dodgy but works fine.

On the way home from my niece's birthday party in Greenock last night we stopped at the services before Gretna, my son went into a cubicle for a pee, he came out and said "look what someone he's written dad" "you name it I suck it" I just know he didn't really believe me when I said it was about sweets and lolly pops. 

8 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

On the way home from my niece's birthday party in Greenock last night we stopped at the services before Gretna, my son went into a cubicle for a pee, he came out and said "look what someone he's written dad" "you name it I suck it" I just know he didn't really believe me when I said it was about sweets and lolly pops. 

He probably recognised your writing.

12 hours ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Guilty. I'm a lid licker too. 

Feel free to ridicule me. 

Lid licking is acceptable. Can get a good half mouthful off a lid. 

But its the scraping away at the bottom of the pot for every last morsel that rips my knitting. 

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

He probably recognised your writing.

That’s a belter :4_1_72:

It is Dawnrazor though :qqb010:

On 1/28/2018 at 11:47, Dagger Is Back said:

Yes indeed he could have Ian. I guess he was taken by surprise by the question and the way it as asked. In hindsight it could have handled much better by both sides.

I'm pretty sure the old boy was just having a laugh and both knew exactly what was going on.

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Might have said this already but tractors.

****ing tractors.

Get off my roads.

We need tractors chief. Don't be seething at the farmers that put meat, milk, fruit, and veg in the shops for us.

Edited by IronJambo

chester copperpot

When you buy your laddie a new pair of football boots as he wants to get into playing 5's again.

Only for him to get in the car after his first Sunday league match and say 'no for me'

ARSEHOLE

Dusk_Till_Dawn
40 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

We need tractors chief. Don't be seething at the farmers that put meat, milk, fruit, and veg in the shops for us.

Can they not drive through the fields?

22 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

When you buy your laddie a new pair of football boots as he wants to get into playing 5's again.

Only for him to get in the car after his first Sunday league match and say 'no for me'

ARSEHOLE

Have you not mentioned that your kids are arseholes before? I feel like this shouldn't be a surprise!

chester copperpot
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Have you not mentioned that your kids are arseholes before? I feel like this shouldn't be a surprise!

Just my son.

Love him dearly but treats me like an absolute mug sometimes.

33 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

ARSEHOLE

Get ‘im telt.

:wink:

32 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Can they not drive through the fields?

I'm sure they would if they could.

Farmers also share machinery with neighbouring farmers to help keep each others costs down.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

I'm sure they would if they could.

Farmers also share machinery with neighbouring farmers to help keep each others costs down.

Saving pennies at the expense of everyone who has to queue behind said machinery

6 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

ARSEHOLE

Lovely chicken fajitas reference there. 

luckyBatistuta
19 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Might have said this already but tractors.

****ing tractors.

Get off my roads.

19 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Farmers were there before you came along those roads DTD…suck it up;)

AE12A602-26BD-41F3-A31A-FB96304372F5.jpeg

4 hours ago, jonesy said:

Council have today put up a sign in our street.

'Temporary traffic lights here from Monday 5th January'

Fantastic to have so much notice about these things.

'Temporary lites woz ere'.

Captain Sausage

Article on BBC about the ticking time bomb that is ‘interest only’ mortgages. Stating that people are actively ignoring letters from lenders regarding paying off the mortgage come the end of the term. 

How is are these cretins so damn thick?! What did they think was going on? My generation is utterly shafted. Those retiring now are in the fortunate position that many can retire with a gold plated pension or fall back on farcical equity in a Home. We won’t be able to do either. 

1 hour ago, houstonjambo said:

Article on BBC about the ticking time bomb that is ‘interest only’ mortgages. Stating that people are actively ignoring letters from lenders regarding paying off the mortgage come the end of the term. 

How is are these cretins so damn thick?! What did they think was going on? My generation is utterly shafted. Those retiring now are in the fortunate position that many can retire with a gold plated pension or fall back on farcical equity in a Home. We won’t be able to do either. 

I can see different sides in this. Some have been pushed into interest only mortgages as they're from/live in areas where property largely unattainable. Rental prices are also sky high and cost more than the equivalent mortgage. Taking on an interest only mortgage probably halves their living costs. 

It's quite clever in one sense as their mortgage will be costing them half of what their rent would be. No doubt they hoped one day they could pay it off one day but circumstance has probably dictated otherwise. The end result, if it's not paid they get thrown out and have to rent. Boohoo. They'll have saved 6 figures in rent for the duration.

Sexton Hardcastle

So recently it’s been tight black jeans, no socks, pair of vans, those over priced fjallraven backpacks and now it’s Canada goose jackets.

The sheep are strong in this town.

Can we please go back to "Baskets Only" tills at supermarkets?

Now they're just "Self Service" which means utter fookwits take fully loaded trolleys into them!

Like tonight. Is the woman in front so feckin dumb to realise that by doing that full trolley it'll take her much more time than at a till? Plus she won't have to keep shouting down her insolent spawn who wants to help but isn't allowed to because she's in a foul mood....and let's be honest....your son looks like a future "Sorry but McDonalds have declined your recent job application" large foreheaded welt so why would you want him helping.

I'll make history soon when I'll be the first person sentenced to life in prison following a mass killing spree but applauded out the courtroom for bumping off so many of life's erseholes.

I imagine the government will probably fabricate a number of jail breaks by me to release me back into society to bring the feckwit population down.