The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Just now, Jambos_1874 said:

Fair enough if that's your view but I don't have a problem with it at all. In fact. it's not something I've even noticed.

:2thumbsup:

Thanks for reply.

I just feel that when you walk into a shop/bank/airport/hotel etc. you should not be greeted with 'Hi guys, how are youse today'.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Never really agreed with the banning of fireworks until last night. Arseholes letting them off a few metres from my back garden. Told him to take them into a field and got offered a square go.

My wee dug was terrified. Running up & down the stairs & literally pissing himself in fear. 

Aye, fireworks :seething:

They should only be allowed for organised /licensed events. 

It's the dregs of society that always host these 'shows'. The only reprieve was when they probably went back indoors for half an hour to watch Only An Excuse. 

I was on Argos yesterday, the wee man was spending his Christmas money. I was asked for my email address for the receipt, the email I gave has '5-1' at the end of it. The boy typed it in & said "oh I know what that is.....ya *******" He sort of caught himself & gave a nervous laugh.

Wtf is all that about eh?! 

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Having to scan your boarding card when in a shop at the airport is a massive seethe of mine. Airport security and queueing for the flight are also tortuous.

You don't have to scan it. Just tell them you don't have it on you.

51 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

You don't have to scan it. Just tell them you don't have it on you.

Yeah but you have to get assistance from staff if you use the self service ones. They're normally difficult to get hold of and it just takes longer then. Cannot be arsed with that.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Pennywise said:

I was on Argos yesterday, the wee man was spending his Christmas money. I was asked for my email address for the receipt, the email I gave has '5-1' at the end of it. The boy typed it in & said "oh I know what that is.....ya *******" He sort of caught himself & gave a nervous laugh.

Wtf is all that about eh?! 

He actually said that? Wow!!!

I pick 51 in everything these days, my lads even got it in his online username. I even put an offer in for a house two weeks ago and asked the girl to add 51 on the end :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

He actually said that? Wow!!!

I pick 51 in everything these days, my lads even got it in his online username. I even put an offer in for a house two weeks ago and asked the girl to add 51 on the end :facepalm:

Yep. I didn't think too much of it until I told someone last night. I could really have kicked up a fuss, got the boy sacked. 

luckyBatistuta
8 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Yep. I didn't think too much of it until I told someone last night. I could really have kicked up a fuss, got the boy sacked. 

Good to know he's still hurting though :smugger:

3 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Having to scan your boarding card when in a shop at the airport is a massive seethe of mine. Airport security and queueing for the flight are also tortuous.

You do't have to let them scan your boarding card.

The retailers want you to do that so they can claim back the VAT.

I always refuse.

:jjyay:

Can vaguely hear the TV downstairs and all I could hear was someone with an incredibly annoying high-pitched nasally voice doing stand up. Thought it was someone doing an impression of their old gran.

Turns out it's Sarah Millican using her real voice.

She's shite.

17 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Wish you had :)

22 hours ago, Morgan said:

:2thumbsup:

Thanks for reply.

I just feel that when you walk into a shop/bank/airport/hotel etc. you should not be greeted with 'Hi guys, how are youse today'.

I think you need to choose your audience. I use Guys, gents, ladies, sir, and folks every day at work but they're all chosen on the spot depending on exactly where I am and on a split second judgement based on appearance and mannerisms. I also make no apologies for pre judging people as I'd say it was essential to assess risk. That judgement just can't be allowed to show through.

On 01/01/2018 at 17:51, Morgan said:

I don't think it's acceptable at all.

Regardless of gender it is unprofessional and borderline derogatory.

:rofl::rofl::vrface:

Reminds me of that embarrassingly touchy little bitch who complained about being called "honey" and got put right back in her box.

article_update_img.jpg

:qqb006:

Dagger Is Back
12 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Reminds me of that embarrassingly touchy little bitch who complained about being called "honey" and got put right back in her box.

article_update_img.jpg

It sure is an easily offended world we live in these days. Always someone looking out for something to be offended by.

Sad sacks

8 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

It sure is an easily offended world we live in these days. Always someone looking out for something to be offended by.

Sad sacks

:spoton:

The comments section of the site I read that on was just women telling their "horror stories" of oppression.

The atrocity of being called "petal", the crucifixion of being called "darling", and the earth-shattering assault of being targetted as "girls".

It's embarrassing stuff all round.

7 hours ago, jonesy said:

Refuse to fly for family holidays because of this. Will only fly for work trips. Don't mind sitting in a metal tube, flown by some suicidal Porsche driving skirt-chaser, travelling at 400mph next to some Arab dude with a suspicious alarm clock in his carry-on, but my god the airports...the airports...a great way of reminding yourself that the end of the human race isn't such a bad thing after all.

Went by train to Sicily and back last year, car to Holland and Germany next year, and train to China the year after. No danger am I going to an airport for 'leisure' travel.

Yeah, I can completely understand why you would double, treble, quadruple... your journey time to avoid spending 2 hours in a building.

8 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

article_update_img.jpg

The reply didn't put her "back in her box". It caused a shitstorm.

In any case, it wasn't the word "honey" but the passive aggressive way in which it was used and the lass had every right to complain although she didn't do it very well. 

6 hours ago, IronJambo said:

The reply didn't put her "back in her box". It caused a shitstorm.

In any case, it wasn't the word "honey" but the passive aggressive way in which it was used and the lass had every right to complain although she didn't do it very well. 

So it was just a guy annoyed at people complaining at him and she tried to make it sound sexist? Easily offended indeed :lol: .

Not as pathetic as thinking "guys" is derogatory, but still cringeworthy.

8 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

So it was just a guy annoyed at people complaining at him and she tried to make it sound sexist? Easily offended indeed :lol: .

Not as pathetic as thinking "guys" is derogatory, but still cringeworthy.

It was a sexist put down. All he had to do was say that her information was incorrect and she could upgrade accordingly or move on. No harm in telling someone they have the right to complain but to make it sexist and condescending is unnecessary and unprofessional. 

Just now, IronJambo said:

It was a sexist put down. All he had to do was say that her information was incorrect and she could upgrade accordingly or move on. No harm in telling someone they have the right to complain but to make it sexist and condescending is unnecessary and unprofessional. 

Or just a way of talking, like how people say "guys" but don't mean that everyone is a male?

Or how some people say "mate" but are not friends with them?

22 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Or just a way of talking, like how people say "guys" but don't mean that everyone is a male?

Or how some people say "mate" but are not friends with them?

I agree but If you've read the complete article on it there's no way you can say it's not a put down. To quote from the BBC:

"They were telling passengers at the front desk and on the platform that they can sit in the basically empty first class coach and pay the weekend upgrade," she told the BBC.

"It was only after the train set off that they told us they'd all made a mistake and we had to move to try and find seats with all our luggage in the packed train.

"The first person to check my ticket was very abrasive. His response to my explaining the situation, politely and honestly, and that I wanted to complain, was 'you go ahead honey'.

"In the context and given his aggressive tone I can only assume he didn't like being challenged by a woman.

"I wouldn't have complained if he'd used the term in a familial or affectionate way. It definitely wasn't that."

4 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

I agree but If you've read the complete article on it there's no way you can say it's not a put down. To quote from the BBC:

"They were telling passengers at the front desk and on the platform that they can sit in the basically empty first class coach and pay the weekend upgrade," she told the BBC.

"It was only after the train set off that they told us they'd all made a mistake and we had to move to try and find seats with all our luggage in the packed train.

"The first person to check my ticket was very abrasive. His response to my explaining the situation, politely and honestly, and that I wanted to complain, was 'you go ahead honey'.

"In the context and given his aggressive tone I can only assume he didn't like being challenged by a woman.

"I wouldn't have complained if he'd used the term in a familial or affectionate way. It definitely wasn't that."

:lol: Fair enough that does seem a bit excessive, she has a right to complain about him but I do think the "he didn't like being challenged by a woman" part is her trying to find additional ways to be offended.

But ultimately my original point was people who look for ways to be offended, or who find tedious things like "guys", "lass" or "girls" offensive, that still stands either way though.

:thumbsup:

Edited by peter_hmfc

23 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

:lol: Fair enough that does seem a bit excessive, she has a right to complain about him but I do think the "he didn't like being challenged by a woman" part is her trying to find additional ways to be offended.

But ultimately my original point was people who look for ways to be offended, or who find tedious things like "guys", "lass" or "girls" offensive, that still stands either way though.

Spot on, he just didn't like being challenged. I offended a woman once, but I did call her "Sir" :laugh:

6 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Spot on, he just didn't like being challenged. I offended a woman once, but I did call her "Sir" :laugh:

:rofl:

31 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

i thought you were going to say either you ended up marrying her or asked when she was due

21 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i thought you were going to say either you ended up marrying her or asked when she was due

All things said and done it doesn't bother me that I've only got one child but my wife's looked like she was pregnant for 4 years. She also knows better than to ask me "do I look fat in this", because well yes honey you're fat so you look fat in everything.

9 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

All things said and done it doesn't bother me that I've only got one child but my wife's looked like she was pregnant for 4 years. She also knows better than to ask me "do I look fat in this", because well yes honey you're fat so you look fat in everything.

do you have permanent black eyes?

King Of The Cat Cafe

Anyone who thinks they are being patronised by being called "petal", "honey", "dear" - and so on -  has never been pulled in by the police and asked "What speed do you think you were doing back there, sir..."

The Future's Maroon
On 01/01/2018 at 13:44, Sarah O said:

Folk walking around talking on their mobile phones... but on loudspeaker.  

:wtf:  

Close, but folk using their headphones but still talking into the bottom of their handset.....there is a mic on the headphones (volume button) you absolute cluster****s ?

Edited by The Future's Maroon

luckyBatistuta
30 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Anyone who thinks they are being patronised by being called "petal", "honey", "dear" - and so on -  has never been pulled in by the police and asked "What speed do you think you were doing back there, sir..."

So what speed were you doing sir?

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

do you have permanent black eyes?

It's not good to tell lies. She's known I was a dick from day one, I can't pretend to be someone else.

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

So what speed were you doing sir?

A little too high for 30mph zone, but not to merit all the paperwork.  Got "take it easy in future" type advice.

Which goes to show if you are properly contrite you can get some change out of a cop.  But you can't out of a speed camera.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

A little too high for 30mph zone, but not to merit all the paperwork.  Got "take it easy in future" type advice.

Which goes to show if you are properly contrite you can get some change out of a cop.  But you can't out of a speed camera.

Agree, you're only going to make it worse for yourself if you try and be a mouthpiece. Just suck it up and get on your way without a ticket. It is difficult sometimes though. I've had a few run ins over the last couple of years when I've done absolutely nothing to justify being stopped, or being spoken to in such a condescending  and provocative manner.

Dagger Is Back

I really really hate the way we're forced to do some business these days.

Spent hours yesterday and today on the line to HMRC, Churchill Insurance and Edinburgh Council amongst others, being presented with one call routing option after another, pushing me towards a self help web solution, when what I wanted and needed to do was speak to a real person. The answer I want isn't in your FAQ which is why I'm phoning FFS.

God knows how the elderly manage when they are reluctant to, or unable to use the internet,m and only want to speak to a human being

Rodger Mellie

Winter in New England. 70 mile round trip for work in blizzard conditions and an expected 1 feet of snow. Then come home and clear up all the snow off the drive and sidewalk. And it's been minus 15 to 20 celsius the last 2 weeks. Brutal.

The "home" button on my I phone 6 magically started having problems within a week of the new I phone coming out. Call me cynical but Apple taking the fing piss!! They have admitted to "slowing" down older phones to prolong battery life. What else have they done to get users to upgrade?

Dodgy mofos!!

2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Spent hours yesterday and today on the line to HMRC, Churchill Insurance and Edinburgh Council amongst others, being presented with one call routing option after another, pushing me towards a self help web solution, when what I wanted and needed to do was speak to a real person. The answer I want isn't in your FAQ which is why I'm phoning FFS.

God knows how the elderly manage when they are reluctant to, or unable to use the internet,m and only want to speak to a human being

Totally agree with you Dagger.

Elderly people must have a nightmare in certain situations nowadays. Over here for example, they have stopped printing paper copies of train timetables so when an older person needs help they are told to use the website. Not ideal they must think to themselves.

FAQ's just tend to cover general queries so, as you rightly say, you have to phone up for more complex issues.

Retailers who make it difficult to return items by design.  Had to go in to Fat Face and John Lewis, both for my other half.  John Lewis, big store, no issues.  Fat Face, made life as difficult as possible, conveyed by a smart erse assistant who took great pleasure in my chagrin.  Total spunk puffins.

HUGE SEETHE!!!!

Nipped to the local mini supermarket for some beers. Found 3 x Corona (710mm bottles) for a fiver! Result. Chucked them in the back seat (usually put them in the front). Set off home about a 5 min journey. At a particularly bad junction I horsed it across when the gap presented itself only for 1 of the bottles to fly across the back seats and smash all over the floor of the car. BAWS!!

Get home to inspect the mess. Driveways pretty dark even with security lighting and end up sticking my index finger onto a shard of glass I couldn't see.

Open front door and drip blood all over hardwood flooring. Into kitchen and dogs emptied the bins. Rubbish everywhere. Sort the finger out, wipe up the blood, stick a plaster on it, clean up the mess left by the bin emptying by dog. Back to car to clean up glass and soak up my precious CORONA!!

SEEEEEEEEETH!!!!!!!!!!!

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Totally agree with you Dagger.

Elderly people must have a nightmare in certain situations nowadays. Over here for example, they have stopped printing paper copies of train timetables so when an older person needs help they are told to use the website. Not ideal they must think to themselves.

FAQ's just tend to cover general queries so, as you rightly say, you have to phone up for more complex issues.

Aye, the things we take for granted Morgan.

The MIL was trying to get through to the Council last week. She was looking for a printed calendar sheet showing what bins are collected when. The Council used to send them out.

20 minutes she was on the phone and got cut off. She tried again. Another 20 minutes and eventually hung up.

Took me 2 minutes to find it online but there’s not a chance in hell she’ll ever be able to use the Internet at this stage in her life.

2 hours ago, EH11 said:

Retailers who make it difficult to return items by design.  Had to go in to Fat Face and John Lewis, both for my other half.  John Lewis, big store, no issues.  Fat Face, made life as difficult as possible, conveyed by a smart erse assistant who took great pleasure in my chagrin.  Total spunk puffins.

Fat Face in George Street?

We’ve always found their staff to be a bit uppity and snooty and, as you say, smart arsed. John Lewis are always good. They are very good to their staff and in return get great service from them.

6 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Totally agree and I work for the council. The automated phone system is not fit for purpose. 

...a bit disco
2 hours ago, EH11 said:

Not laughing at you mate, but spunk puffins. Magic.

Don't be surprised to see liberal use on JKB.

Dagger Is Back
12 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

Totally agree and I work for the council. The automated phone system is not fit for purpose. 

Amen to that. Call routing used properly can be very effective but the EDC one makes you feel like you’re in a maze 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Fat Face in George Street?

We’ve always found their staff to be a bit uppity and snooty and, as you say, smart arsed. John Lewis are always good. They are very good to their staff and in return get great service from them.

Nada, through in Glasgow.  

I get that it only takes one person to create a bad impression but the hollow 'i'm really sorry I can't help you' really ground my gears.  maybe i'm just getting older but they can stick their shitey shop!

19 minutes ago, Barack said:

How can normally functioning, rational people, lose the inability to both count, & know the alphabet, once they cross the threshold into a cinema?

”Where we sitting?”

”K6&7”

”A,b, c, d, e, f, g, h,i, j...here we are, 6&7.”

”Oh, sorry am I in your seat..?”

Eat your nachos with mittens. Cretins.

Good mood the night Pres?

:lol:

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

Not laughing at you mate, but spunk puffins. Magic.

Don't be surprised to see liberal use on JKB.

51 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Spunk puffins.   :rofl:

Was going to mention this earlier on but didn’t.

Right up there with ‘Pantowanks’.

Good stuff EH11 :clap:

Spunk puffins, too feckin good :)

Captain America

Woke up yesterday and left foot was agony to walk on. When I went to bed night before it was absolutely fine.

Feel daft when hobbling about work and people asking what happened and replying " Dunno, just woke up and like this."

:sob: