The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Watching a daft programme about the 100 favourite dog breeds in the UK. 

And the list is full of all those made up planned mongrel shitbags. A cockerpoo or a sprocker isn't a dog breed, it's design choice.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Football sites, videos, whatever where the comments section is riddled with:

"Boro fan here"

"Grimsby fan here"

"KRC Genk fan here"

"Brunei Darussalam fan here".

Get a room.

This pisses me off too. 

It's as if they think supporting another team lends their opinion extra credibility. 

It's "look-at-me"ism of the highest order. Twats! 

4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

This pisses me off too. 

It's as if they think supporting another team lends their opinion extra credibility. 

It's "look-at-me"ism of the highest order. Twats! 

:spoton:

"Hey guy! GUYS! I'm being charitable to your team! Now recognise my team and think better of us! Guys!"

All roads lead to Gorgie

When are the council going to finally remove the Christmas trees littering the streets. As they dry out the trees start to behave like tumble weeds in the wind making the problem worse and a hazard to road and pavement users. 

On the other hand people could take them to the dump themselves as they probably used their cars to collect them in the first place!

Dagger Is Back

Banks.

We’ve got a mortgage with Nat West. Current deal finishes at the end of the month.

Our house was flooded 3 months ago and the insurance company are putting the house back together again and will take until June.

Kitchen and bathroom both ripped out. We want to take the opportunity to do some further improvements and we asked NW to lend. We have a 20% loan to value (after the increased facilities) and we’ve met their affordability criteria. We’ve been with them for 5 years and never missed a payment.

They won’t lend. Why? Because the kitchen and bathroom are out and the house is considered uninhabitable.

Their suggestion? Get the insurance company to put the old kitchen and bathroom back in, approach NW for facilities and then rip them out and replace!

Unbelievable! After years of irresponsible lending and losing billions they knock us back for a measly £12k.

If it doesn’t fit into their scripts and nice wee boxes they just can’t deal with it 

Seething

Fitzroy Pointon
11 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

:spoton:

"Hey guy! GUYS! I'm being charitable to your team! Now recognise my team and think better of us! Guys!"

Celtic fans are the worst for this.  "You guys played well today.  From a Celtic fan" 

2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Banks.

We’ve got a mortgage with Nat West. Current deal finishes at the end of the month.

Our house was flooded 3 months ago and the insurance company are putting the house back together again and will take until June.

Kitchen and bathroom both ripped out. We want to take the opportunity to do some further improvements and we asked NW to lend. We have a 20% loan to value (after the increased facilities) and we’ve met their affordability criteria. We’ve been with them for 5 years and never missed a payment.

They won’t lend. Why? Because the kitchen and bathroom are out and the house is considered uninhabitable.

Their suggestion? Get the insurance company to put the old kitchen and bathroom back in, approach NW for facilities and then rip them out and replace!

Unbelievable! After years of irresponsible lending and losing billions they knock us back for a measly £12k.

If it doesn’t fit into their scripts and nice wee boxes they just can’t deal with it 

Seething

I'm sure they will lend you the cash on an unsecured basis at an inflated interest rate.

Dagger Is Back
15 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I'm sure they will lend you the cash on an unsecured basis at an inflated interest rate.

Yes kindly that option has been offered. What I didn’t say that on two separate occasions their mortgage sales staff have referred the gulf to an underwriter who has agreed to make an exception and allowed us to proceed with an application.

It will be going to the Ombudsman if they don’t resolve it

Parents that let their long haired small boy children called   Hugo or some such run around with gay abandon in supermarkets to the detriment of other supermarket visitors.  Posh twats.

Posh folk in general.  

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Parents that let their long haired small boy children called   Hugo or some such run around with gay abandon in supermarkets to the detriment of other supermarket visitors.  Posh twats.

Posh folk in general.  

:oohmatron:  That's jolly harsh !!!!

15 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Yes kindly that option has been offered. What I didn’t say that on two separate occasions their mortgage sales staff have referred the gulf to an underwriter who has agreed to make an exception and allowed us to proceed with an application.

It will be going to the Ombudsman if they don’t resolve it

What about waiting until the kitchen and bathroom are installed? You'll probably struggle to get a new fixed rate/decent mortgage deal and will get chucked on a standard variable rate for the same reason. A new lender certainly won't get involved.

19 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

When are the council going to finally remove the Christmas trees littering the streets. As they dry out the trees start to behave like tumble weeds in the wind making the problem worse and a hazard to road and pavement users. 

On the other hand people could take them to the dump themselves as they probably used their cars to collect them in the first place!

Not the councils fault. Irresponsible real tree buyers fly tipping to blame.

Dagger Is Back
20 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

What about waiting until the kitchen and bathroom are installed? You'll probably struggle to get a new fixed rate/decent mortgage deal and will get chucked on a standard variable rate for the same reason. A new lender certainly won't get involved.

Yeah that's an option but it means putting the old one back in and then ripping it out. After 6 months out of the house all we want is back in as quickly as possible, and the thought of ripping it all out and re-installing ain't an appealing one.

Nat West WILL put us on a new fixed rate deal for the existing mortgage but won't lend they new funds. That was after we asked the question 'what happens to our existing mortgage will we have to sell the house' and on two occasions when pressed, they said 'I hope it doesn't come to that'. You're right about other lenders but there most be loads of people in the same boat as us. Funny thing is RBS will lend us the money on an unsecured personal loan and over a longer term!

All roads lead to Gorgie
39 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Some pretentious prats buying twelve foot trees to get one over their equally pretentious pals is part of the problem. Stick to artificial or if you really want a real tree it doesn't need to be a Giant Redwood! 

A lot of people do leave them beside the communal bins though and in that case I think the council should have a plan in place to clear these places quicker whilst the trees are still in one place!

1 hour ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

The management of an area's issues generally isn't the council's "fault"--it's their job.

Many councils across the nation have special xmas tree pick-up dates in order to gather up every tree in the council area in one fell swoop.

Most of them then run them through a chipper and send the material to a biofuel plant.

ECC can't organise anything properly (unless we pay Underbelly a few million to do it)

18 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

The management of an area's issues generally isn't the council's "fault"--it's their job.

Their job is done by providing appropriate bins to accommodate household/garden waste.

The areas issues are being generated by irresponsible dumping of unwanted festive decorations. Lazy b*st*rds!

An axe or a saw would swiftly reduce the bulk of said trees so they fit in the bins provided.

Councils are doing a wonderful job.:thumbsup:

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

I don't necessarily disagree with any of that, especially the lazy b*st*rds bit--but the metric is not whether something is their "fault", thank ****.

Edited by Justin Z

Signed up to a new GP, ring up for an appointment

"Can you tell us what's wrong? :facepalm:....We categorise our appointments now so we need to ask first" :seething:

Apparently categorising appointments helps pair you with a doctor who can identify what's wrong. I am sorry, but if you require to only be given certain cases, you shouldn't be a fecking doctor

4 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

"Can you tell us what's wrong? :facepalm:....We categorise our appointments now so we need to ask first" :seething:

Apparently categorising appointments helps pair you with a doctor who can identify what's wrong. I am sorry, but if you require to only be given certain cases, you shouldn't be a fecking doctor

Are they not categorising them in terms of priority rather than the allocation of specific doctors?

All roads lead to Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Their job is done by providing appropriate bins to accommodate household/garden waste.

The areas issues are being generated by irresponsible dumping of unwanted festive decorations. Lazy b*st*rds!

An axe or a saw would swiftly reduce the bulk of said trees so they fit in the bins provided.

Councils are doing a wonderful job.:thumbsup:

I even saw a tree dumped with the metal stand still attached, a couple of screws were all that were holding it in place. Surely that was not a huge task for the numpty leaving it to remove first! 

11 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

It's probably to stop utter twats from going to their GP with a cold.  The amount of arseholes that misuse the service is utterly disgusting.

Related seethe:  People who book appointments and fail to turn up for them.  My GP always has a sign up in reception saying "Last month, X amount of people missed their appointments".  Last month it was over 180, the month before it was well past 250.  It's a nightmare trying to get an appointment in the first place, and then you see that 250 people couldn't even be bothered ****ing turning up for theirs!!

There should be a fine for missing appointments without prior cancellation.  Something nominal like £25, which would be a suitable deterrent without being unaffordable - I know that some of these people might have genuine reasons for missing their appointments, but what's wrong with just calling the clinic and saying "Oh, I won't make it at 2pm today, sorry" - which could then be offered to someone else!

£25 fine for missed appointments, and a £25 fine for going to the doctors with **** all wrong with you would quickly sort it the **** out.  

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Related seethe:  People who book appointments and fail to turn up for them.  My GP always has a sign up in reception saying "Last month, X amount of people missed their appointments".  Last month it was over 180, the month before it was well past 250.  It's a nightmare trying to get an appointment in the first place, and then you see that 250 people couldn't even be bothered ****ing turning up for theirs!!

There should be a fine for missing appointments without prior cancellation.  Something nominal like £25, which would be a suitable deterrent without being unaffordable - I know that some of these people might have genuine reasons for missing their appointments, but what's wrong with just calling the clinic and saying "Oh, I won't make it at 2pm today, sorry" - which could then be offered to someone else!

£25 fine for missed appointments, and a £25 fine for going to the doctors with **** all wrong with you would quickly sort it the **** out.  

I'm sure there are reasons for it like being told not to travel because of non appearing snow :smile:

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I'm sure there are reasons for it like being told not to travel because of non appearing snow :smile:

That may be, but I didn't realise Police Scotland also advise not to use the telephone during weather warnings... :whistling: 

13 minutes ago, tian447 said:

It's probably to stop utter twats from going to their GP with a cold.  The amount of arseholes that misuse the service is utterly disgusting.

Id also charge folk in full time employment a nominal fiver for an appt and means test prescriptions. I can afford the occasional £6 for medication but I ge tit for free. Makes no difference to me whatsoever, could use the money for funding an under resourced NHS instead. 

If you're going to waste a GP's time cause you've got a ****ing sniffle then I'd actually charge £100 for these idiots. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

That may be, but I didn't realise Police Scotland also advise not to use the telephone during weather warnings... :whistling: 

Maybe last nights predicted whiteout has brought down the wires though...:smile:

1 hour ago, The Brow said:

Id also charge folk in full time employment a nominal fiver for an appt and means test prescriptions. I can afford the occasional £6 for medication but I ge tit for free. Makes no difference to me whatsoever, could use the money for funding an under resourced NHS instead. 

If you're going to waste a GP's time cause you've got a ****ing sniffle then I'd actually charge £100 for these idiots. 

Careful what you wish for. It's £8.60 per prescription here. My Mrs spent over £40 in a week. Thankfully you can pay £100ish for whatever you need in a year.

4 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I even saw a tree dumped with the metal stand still attached, a couple of screws were all that were holding it in place. Surely that was not a huge task for the numpty leaving it to remove first! 

Numpty may have bought his last real tree and no longer needs the metal stand.

Other faiths must be forgiven if they crease themselves at the annual ritual of killing healthy young trees that end up in living rooms & halls for 24 days. They're then discarded like burst mattresses, they deserve better, I just don't get it.

I must say though, properly decorated and lit trees do add spectacular colour and warmth at this dark cold time of year.

Buy a synthetic tree this year and give the young un's a chance...Mon the trees! :ip:

Kind regards,

Mr Ash Forest.

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

5 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Are they not categorising them in terms of priority rather than the allocation of specific doctors?

Sure they told me it was something about getting the right doctor. I may have to ask them again why the policy is how it is. 

4 hours ago, tian447 said:

There has to absolutely be a way other than that to weed out the arse holes. Luckily, my problem wasn't *that* bad and I was able to tell the receptionist (through gritted teeth) but what do you say when it's something you're even gonna be embarrassed telling a doctor about? 

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Numpty may have bought his last real tree and no longer needs the metal stand.

Other faiths must be forgiven if they crease themselves at the annual ritual of killing healthy young trees that end up in living rooms & halls for 24 days. They're then discarded like burst mattresses, they deserve better, I just don't get it.

I must say though, properly decorated and lit trees do add spectacular colour and warmth at this dark cold time of year.

Buy a synthetic tree this year and give the young un's a chance...Mon the trees! :ip:

Kind regards,

Mr Ash Forest.

Treemendous post.^_^

Growers of real trees make a big thing now of the carbon neutral aspect of their product. They say that the trees when still growing store carbon from the air so when we throw them away, burn them or make mulch then the carbon that produces is no more than the tree has neutralized earlier. A good selling point I suppose!

1 hour ago, Thommo414 said:

Sure they told me it was something about getting the right doctor. I may have to ask them again why the policy is how it is. 

There has to absolutely be a way other than that to weed out the arse holes. Luckily, my problem wasn't *that* bad and I was able to tell the receptionist (through gritted teeth) but what do you say when it's something you're even gonna be embarrassed telling a doctor about? 

People shouldn't be so shy. I showed up to make an appointment last and the receptionist looked at me like I was having a laugh and said "it's only emergency appointments we can make on the day".

My reply was "well it depends on your interpretation of an emergency, I've had a pain in my groin along with a growing lump for over 3 weeks now"

3 hours ago, IronJambo said:

People shouldn't be so shy. I showed up to make an appointment last and the receptionist looked at me like I was having a laugh and said "it's only emergency appointments we can make on the day".

My reply was "well it depends on your interpretation of an emergency, I've had a pain in my groin along with a growing lump for over 3 weeks now"

Granted. Although I'd still have to say that there's a line between what a receptionist has a real right to know or not. Fair play to you for just putting it out there to them, a lot of folk (probably including myself) would be reluctant to give them any real details 

10 hours ago, tian447 said:

Agree to an extent. 

Should be a strikes and out system for missing appointments. Miss one your noted and warned, Miss two and it’s a last warning, Miss 3 and your remover from

the practice register.

the lack of appointments is disgusting, I recently phoned up and was told the next appointment was 3 weeks away, luckily it wasn’t urgent so it was ok, but the amount of times they tell you to call up in the morning or come on a Wednesday to the open clinic is a joke.

the only time I’ve ever seen any more than 2 other people in the waiting room is the open clinic, so despite having 8 doctors in the practice and no appointments there’s only 3 people waiting.

and when you eventually get in to speak to the doctor, they are trying to rush you out the door as soon as you’ve sat down (including asking to make another app to discuss further) 

My seethe today is a “fun one” 

if your in a supermarket (or local convenience store) and you drop and spill something, at least have the decency to tell someone who works there.

particularly if you then go back to the shelf and select another one of the same thing you drop and then pay for it.

a nice big carton of soup dropped and spilt all over an aisle today, during the “pre work rush”! But the guy didn’t even bother to tell any of us working he dropped it, despite walking half way back round the shop to select Another one and coming to the (manned) tillpoint.

arsehole behaviour

(2nd time in just over a month as well, probably the same guy)

contrary to misconception we wouldn’t ask the guy to pay for the soup dropped, but at least have the awareness to tell someone.

and another seethe (not relating to anything today) shoplifters, absolute scum of the earth

1 hour ago, BM1874 said:

My seethe today is a “fun one” 

if your in a supermarket (or local convenience store) and you drop and spill something, at least have the decency to tell someone who works there.

particularly if you then go back to the shelf and select another one of the same thing you drop and then pay for it.

a nice big carton of soup dropped and spilt all over an aisle today, during the “pre work rush”! But the guy didn’t even bother to tell any of us working he dropped it, despite walking half way back round the shop to select Another one and coming to the (manned) tillpoint.

arsehole behaviour

(2nd time in just over a month as well, probably the same guy)

contrary to misconception we wouldn’t ask the guy to pay for the soup dropped, but at least have the awareness to tell someone.

and another seethe (not relating to anything today) shoplifters, absolute scum of the earth

The dipshits that would pick up a leaky milk and trail it around the whole store used to do it for me and I used to love it when folk came in just to smash the alcohol bottles up.

I'd sooner have route canal treatment every day than go back to retail.

Dagger Is Back

On a roll now. I hate the way some businesses treat customers these days.

The MIL who is in her 80’s needs our help now with dealing with mail, bills etc

She got a letter from British Gas putting up her boiler and central heating cover by 40%.

The wife phoned up pretending to be her and she now has the cover for less than she’d been paying previously. All because they gave her a customer loyalty discount.

Why not just give them the discount right away instead of hoping that you could just sneak your increase through without anyone noticing.

Downright sneaky behaviour 

7 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

On a roll now. I hate the way some businesses treat customers these days.

The MIL who is in her 80’s needs our help now with dealing with mail, bills etc

She got a letter from British Gas putting up her boiler and central heating cover by 40%.

The wife phoned up pretending to be her and she now has the cover for less than she’d been paying previously. All because they gave her a customer loyalty discount.

Why not just give them the discount right away instead of hoping that you could just sneak your increase through without anyone noticing.

Downright sneaky behaviour 

Totally agree and what’s with insurance companies. You’ve had no claim and your car is a year older yet they put your price up my a huge amount. I just call mine with a fictional amount each year and they beat it. Just give me a good price right from the renewal! 

Still can't ***king believe that time we got pumped out of Europe by those Maltese diddies. Absolutely embarrassing, even now it's ***king cringeworthy.

**** sake.

5 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Still can't ***king believe that time we got pumped out of Europe by those Maltese diddies. Absolutely embarrassing, even now it's ***king cringeworthy.

**** sake.

I can GUARANTEE that you will be the only person to even give that a second thought. 

Clarty buggers at work who put food in the fridge and never remove it. Our cleaner cleaned out our fridge today. Meat, 3 months out of date, yoghurt 4 months out of date, fruit salad 2 months out of date. Not to mention the numerous milk cartons varying on level of curdle. ??

14 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

Clarty buggers at work who put food in the fridge and never remove it. Our cleaner cleaned out our fridge today. Meat, 3 months out of date, yoghurt 4 months out of date, fruit salad 2 months out of date. Not to mention the numerous milk cartons varying on level of curdle. ??

Do you work at Fester Rd? 

Car insurance companies

Renewal came in - now, I do a lot of miles and had some minor dunts but still 5 years NCB

price risen from £520 to £1700 per year with NO new claims for 4 years

Went on compare the market and got it down to £320 - saved nearly £1400

now that's nice, but it should not be possible

4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Car insurance companies

Renewal came in - now, I do a lot of miles and had some minor dunts but still 5 years NCB

price risen from £520 to £1700 per year with NO new claims for 4 years

Went on compare the market and got it down to £320 - saved nearly £1400

now that's nice, but it should not be possible

i had similar, my price was raised from ~£400 to £1100, that was 10 years NCB and no accidents, they dropped it to £950, but another company gave me it for £420

First taxi of the day 6.30am to Waverley, last taxi of the day 11.55pm from Waverley. 7.30am train to London, 6.30pm train back, 90 minutes in a queue for an interview at the US embassy building. Length of actual interview? 5 minutes. Queue again for 20 minutes for 2nd confirmation interview of 1 minute. 

Sort it out America. Wouldn't it be easier to just upgrade the consulate in Edinburgh to do visas and save people a hell of a lot of time and money?

Parents who give their daughters ridiculously stupid names. 

This year I came across a women who referred to her toddler daughter as "Bieber" and last year another who referred to her daughter as "Tequilla".

I am lost for words.

Dagger Is Back
4 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

This year I came across a women who referred to her toddler daughter as "Bieber" and last year another who referred to her daughter as "Tequilla".

I am lost for words.

A wee girl came to my classes who was called Porsche. She had a sister called Mercedes.

3 hours ago, VladMagic said:

I am lost for words.

Probably has a son called Jack Daniels