2013 Formula 1 Season Thread

Sheiky Baby

kingantti1874

The poor punter? Anyone having a punt on F1 is an idiot.

Vettel won and if there was no team orders would have won anyway. He was racing.

Are you unhappy because a race driver actually raced?

Have to disagree on the middle bit, at no time in the race did he have the pace to catch webber, every time he got close webber pulled out the gap... Without disobeying he wouldn't have won .. No chance IMO

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The poor punter? Anyone having a punt on F1 is an idiot.

Vettel won and if there was no team orders would have won anyway. He was racing.

Are you unhappy because a race driver actually raced?

I think he means that f you had a bet on Vettel, and lost because of team orders (if he obeyed them) you would be pi55ed off. Yes, if you are betting on F1, you should know it goes on, but it is still a form of fixing, all be it legal.

Have to disagree on the middle bit, at no time in the race did he have the pace to catch webber, every time he got close webber pulled out the gap... Without disobeying he wouldn't have won .. No chance IMO

I actually thought about that because Webber did say he turned the car down.

But he set the fastest lap at the time when Vettel came out the pits behind him albeit for a second when Vettel's was faster.

So both were pushing and Vettel was slightly faster.

I think he means that f you had a bet on Vettel, and lost because of team orders (if he obeyed them) you would be pi55ed off. Yes, if you are betting on F1, you should know it goes on, but it is still a form of fixing, all be it legal.

I see.

The story is don't bet on F1.

kingantti1874

I actually thought about that because Webber did say he turned the car down.

But he set the fastest lap at the time when Vettel came out the pits behind him albeit for a second when Vettel's was faster.

So both were pushing and Vettel was slightly faster.

I don't think they were pushing at all mate, trying to protect cheese tyres which delaminate if you push them to hard... Think webber was quoted saying he was cruising around at 80% after he was told they were no longer racing

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Just watching the Alonso wing incident, and now that I'm looking at Vettel in a different light, I could swear he veered over in front of Alonso - deliberately removing what was left of the wing.

I don't think they touched on the main straight when it fell off. It was just the impact at the second or third corner.

I don't think they were pushing at all mate, trying to protect cheese tyres which delaminate if you push them to hard... Think webber was quoted saying he was cruising around at 80% after he was told they were no longer racing

I heard Webber say that but as I said his fastest lap was the one after Vettel came out the pits right behind him.

So I reckon he's bending the truth a little.

Vettel should have held station though. He's not coming out of this looking good.

kingantti1874

I heard Webber say that but as I said his fastest lap was the one after Vettel came out the pits right behind him.

Vettel should have held station though. He's not coming out of this looking good.

dont think so mate, in this case even Horner and even more tellingly helmut marko said webber was coasting that he was told to lift in the sweepers and manage tires, the order multi21 apparently means hold station car 2 in front of 1 after final stop.. He thought race was over

Webber would've had to put the hammer down on the first few laps to get them to racing speed. The lower fuel load would come into play as well.

I've never been a fan of Vettel but that was low today, especially when he's benefitted from orders so often.

Red Bull should hammer him. But they won't.

I see.

The story is don't bet on F1.

I rarely do. I know more about football and fail miserably on that too.

dont think so mate, in this case even Horner and even more tellingly helmut marko said webber was coasting that he was told to lift in the sweepers and manage tires, the order multi21 apparently means hold station car 2 in front of 1 after final stop.. He thought race was over

Both Red Bulls were flat out when Vettel came out. That's not to say Webber thought the race was over. Which it should have been.

You are right though about multi21. That does mean car 2 ahead of car 1. So Webber has probably heard a few multi 12's in his time. :laugh:

kingantti1874

Both Red Bulls were flat out when Vettel came out. That's not to say Webber thought the race was over. Which it should have been.

You are right though about multi21. That does mean car 2 ahead of car 1. So Webber has probably heard a few multi 12's in his time. :laugh:

Yep multi12 means the opposite..

Webber would've had to put the hammer down on the first few laps to get them to racing speed. The lower fuel load would come into play as well.

I've never been a fan of Vettel but that was low today, especially when he's benefitted from orders so often.

Red Bull should hammer him. But they won't.

Had Webber passed Vettel he'd be in major trouble with Red Bull. Doubt Vettel will have much said to him.

I rarely do. I know more about football and fail miserably on that too.

:laugh:

Thunderstruck

If it gets to the end of the season and these 7 points matter between Vettel taking the Championship or not then today will be looked at in a different light. Vettel has the better chance to be in that position than Webber who, although a good racer, isn't consistent enough.

What today shows is that, sadly, winners tend to be ruthless.

jambos are go!

The bit your not getting is telling your team to hold station is not manipulating the result - it's clearly stated as allowed within the rules.

F1 is not solely a driver series, it's an engineering series and a team series as well and sometimes this causes conflict, again - team orders are perfectly legally and if your betting in F1 you should know that... For example massa will always be longer odds than alonso as Ferrari typically favour alonso, this will be baked into the odds pre race even if massa starts in front.

I know little about horse racing so don't bet on it, I'd suggest mate and I'm not being cheeky (deliberately) that you should probably avoid betting on F1 until you appreciate the rules

I did not, dont and have never bet on F1 although I like a punt. I'm not daft enough to have a punt on a sport were the result can be so easily manipulated and fortunes are being placed all over Asia there to be exploited by insiders. It stinks from Ecclestone downwards.

rossthejambo

I did not, dont and have never bet on F1 although I like a punt. I'm not daft enough to have a punt on a sport were the result can be so easily manipulated and fortunes are being placed all over Asia there to be exploited by insiders. It stinks from Ecclestone downwards.

Stop ruining the thread please

One of the worst examples of team orders was when Ron Dennis was in love with Mika Hakinen and Coulthard was robbed over and over again by team orders.

One of the worst examples of team orders was when Ron Dennis was in love with Mika Hakinen and Coulthard was robbed over and over again by team orders.

Aye, McLaren had an obvious favourite in those years. Coulthard takes it pretty well, to be fair.

Ferrari were always the worst, though. People arguing saying 'Schumacher never disobeyed team orders' in light of yesterday's race are correct - but that was mainly because Schumacher was never instructed to stay behind Barrichello - they'd tell Barrichello to move over every time.

Their subtle team orders in Germany 2010 is a topper though - poor Massa :lol:

rossthejambo

Remember the team orders given by Ferrari to Massa when they were still illegal a couple years ago, "Fernando is faster than you." :lol:

Remember the team orders given by Ferrari to Massa when they were still illegal a couple years ago, "Fernando is faster than you." :lol:

Followed by the equally unsubtle "just stick in there...sorry." :lol:

Decent predictor week for me.

If Perez didn't nick fastest lap at the very end, I would have got a 20 point bonus :seething:

Up to 9th now from 18th :jjyay:

rossthejambo

Up from 16th to 6th :pleasing:

Actually worked out well for me that Vettel was a prick :lol:

Up 9 points to second place. Vettel being an arse worked in my favour and I got Massa and Perez bang on in terms of position.

Oh and thanks mods for making this a sticky.

I P Knightley

I see. Maybe the F1 experts can perhaps explain to a layman like me why it was felt letting Schumacher win was wrong, but not letting Webber win also wrong?

Schumacher's an odious knob.

Vettel's an odious knob.

Webber gets his cars to do wheelies and is a lad.

QED

DC was shafted 2 races in a row. Jerez 97 and Australia 98.

Would Hakkinen been WDC if DC hadn't pulled over? Getting the monkey off your back is massive.

I'm down 6 places to 13th in the predictor. I really am crap at it. :laugh:

Prince Buaben

Looks like its the same situation at Red Bull.

The team favourite Vettel while maintaing no No1 and No2 (like Mclaren did). Whilst at least Ferrari admit they have No1 & No2.

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite ever driver. My dads too. Would have won loads more championships if he survived. Supposedly an absolute gentleman as well.

He was fast in everything he drove. Well apart from his tractor. :lol:

He was Senna's favourite driver too. Senna went to his museum in Duns and bought all the pens.

Senna also got a painting done of all the best drivers on the grid before a race. He had 2 stipulations. No Prost allowed and Jim Clark was to be on pole as he is the best of the best.

High praise indeed.

2nd practice on atm.

Webber fastest and Chilton 7 seconds slower in 20th.

Thats a huge margin.

rossthejambo

Think Hamilton will win this one, and a Mercedes 1-2 wouldn't surprise me. Rosberg likes that circuit.

Shanks said no

Bahrain looks like it might be hotting up again, another cancellation on the cards?

Time for Bernie to rethink in my opinion, F1 shouldnt be used as a political tool or result in people being hurt

Bahrain looks like it might be hotting up again, another cancellation on the cards?

Time for Bernie to rethink in my opinion, F1 shouldnt be used as a political tool or result in people being hurt

Have to agree.

F1 should be mainly in Europe with a few races elsewhere. Japan, Oz, Brazil, Canada, Mexico and South Africa the others.

Prince Buaben

Predicated Hamilton for pole.

Thought it was a bit of a gamble though.

Prince Buaben

Webber runs out of fuel oh my :lol:

Has been DQ and made to start at the back of the grid

Archived