2013 Formula 1 Season Thread

Sheiky Baby

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember to make your predictions people. Tricky one due to it being a rubbish track with most overtaking done in the pits.

Massa just had a big smash at the 1st corner. It was a strange one.

Grosjean crashes too.

I wonder if they'll get Massa and his cars ready for qualifying?

Matthew Le Tissier

Rosberg to out qualify Hamilton

Perez out Qualify button

Webber out qualify Vettil

Perez out Qualify button

Get money on it.

I don't think Perez will outqualify Button though.

Matthew Le Tissier

Get money on it.

I don't think Perez will outqualify Button though.

Im skint :sob:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I'm really not sure how my predictions will go this week. Mercedes are the fastest car by quite a bit but whether they can win is all down to their tyre wear.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Check this crash out at Suzuka.

The steward with his hand in the air :wow:

rossthejambo

Di Resta out in Q1, Massa starting from the back after his crash in P3.

Grosjean out in Q2, but considering his cash in P3 they've done well to even get out on the track.

Matthew Le Tissier

Perez out Qualify button

:sob: Soooo close

The steward with his hand in the air :wow:

I bet his underpants were a mess. :laugh:

What was the problem with di Resta yesterday? He wouldn't say but hinted that it was someone in the teams fault.

rossthejambo

I bet his underpants were a mess. :laugh:

What was the problem with di Resta yesterday? He wouldn't say but hinted that it was someone in the teams fault.

Di Resta got left out on used inters for pretty much the whole session but everyone else stuck a new set on for the last 5 mins. He was rightly pissed off.

Row brewing at Monaco this morning about Mercedes.

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/107671

This one is going to go on for a while I'd say. Maybe even ending Pirelli in F1 if enough teams complain heavily.

The coincidence of them inviting Mercedes who were struggling with tyres more than the other top teams is too much. Though I have a feeling the word may have come from the authorities as it made everyone look bad that the best qualifying team could race.

Di Resta got left out on used inters for pretty much the whole session but everyone else stuck a new set on for the last 5 mins. He was rightly pissed off.

Cheers. I saw he was pissed off but never knew the reason.

This one is going to go on for a while I'd say. Maybe even ending Pirelli in F1 if enough teams complain heavily.

The coincidence of them inviting Mercedes who were struggling with tyres more than the other top teams is too much. Though I have a feeling the word may have come from the authorities as it made everyone look bad that the best qualifying team could race.

Pirelli can test tyres and choose anyone to test them so there's no problem there.

I think it's the fact it had been hushed up until this morning that's the annoying factor for the other teams.

I think it's the fact it had been hushed up until this morning that's the annoying factor for the other teams.

As I said the real problem seems to be that Pirelli invited the one top team that have been really struggling with the tyres. Of course it makes perfect sense to pick them as they would get more info rather than inviting a team who can manage them. However the other teams, especially RBR, see it as favouritism. I wouldn't be surprised if Bernie was behind this in some way.

As I said the real problem seems to be that Pirelli invited the one top team that have been really struggling with the tyres. Of course it makes perfect sense to pick them as they would get more info rather than inviting a team who can manage them. However the other teams, especially RBR, see it as favouritism. I wouldn't be surprised if Bernie was behind this in some way.

I'd put money on Bernie having something to do with it.

1000km they covered. A nice little test that.

Strange crash for Massa. Twice thats happened.

The car must have broke.

chilton should get a penalty for that, and whitmarsh is saying alonso has been told he has to give his place to perez

chilton should get a penalty for that, and whitmarsh is saying alonso has been told he has to give his place to perez

Chilton wouldn't look in his right mirror before a left hander.

I'd ask why was Maldonado there? It's not the racing line and its not an overtaking place.

I'd say its a racing incident.

Chilton wouldn't look in his right mirror before a left hander.

I'd ask why was Maldonado there? It's not the racing line and its not an overtaking place.

I'd say its a racing incident.

pen for chilton for causing a collision

Another Grosjean brainfart.

Jackie Stewart said that he reckons Grosjean lacks spacial awareness which causes him to be involved in more incidents than everyone else.

I reckon I scored low in the predictor.

I reckon I scored low in the predictor.

My predictions are a nightmare this race. The qualifying really stuffed me up big time.

rossthejambo

My predictions are a nightmare this race. The qualifying really stuffed me up big time.

Same here, I shudder to think how badly I've scored.

Looking like Pirelli and Mercedes could be in a fair bit of trouble over the tyre testing.

They've been a bit loose about their interpretation of the ruling.

Better predictor points than I'd feared but still not good. 24 points, 21% accuracy, down one place to 2nd.

I can't see anyone scoring big this week to be honest.

Hugh Phamism

Off to Montreal on business next week.

I always stay over the weekend as it keeps the cost of the flights down, but the hotels were either full or ridiculously expensive ($400+), so I decided to go back to NYC for the weekend before flying home. I didn't know until yesterday that the GP is in town next weekend...Doh!!

Archived