2013 Formula 1 Season Thread

Sheiky Baby

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Di Resta made some great strides today, and he can count himself most unfortunate that he wasn't on the podium.

Looks like a bang-average predictor week again - I'd be surprised if anyone had Grosjean 3rd.

Sheiky Baby

Hotel now booked in Bergamo for Monza (the wife's family is from there). Anyone been and had to travel there by train each day? Any idea how much the train costs?

Prince Buaben

So Caterham and Marussia are going to throw even more money at it to make sure they dont finish last but of course one of them will and will leave a massive funding gap.

Prepare for more driver changes to get in more sponsorship money

Currahee!

19 years ago today Senna was killed. 19 years ago yesterday Roland Ratzenberger was killed.

Bad weekend that was for F1.

Prince Buaben

19 years ago today Senna was killed. 19 years ago yesterday Roland Ratzenberger was killed.

Bad weekend that was for F1.

Rubens Barrichello had a lucky escape that weekend too in practice.

Currahee!

He sure was.

Prince Buaben

Its testament to the work done since that weekend that there hasn?t been a fatality since.

Currahee!

Its testament to the work done since that weekend that there hasn?t been a fatality since.

There has been. Marshalls and drivers in the junior formulas. But Safety has improved.

Prince Buaben

There has been. Marshalls and drivers in the junior formulas. But Safety has improved.

I meant in F1. Although there has been a couple of Marshalls unfortantley

Currahee!

I meant in F1. Although there has been a couple of Marshalls unfortantley

There will always be deaths in F1. Just the nature of the sport.

The safety has improved massively though.

Prince Buaben

There will always be deaths in F1. Just the nature of the sport.

The safety has improved massively though.

Without doubt.

Currahee!

Without doubt.

:thumbsup:

The scary thing is with 19 years since a driver fatality it seems it can only be a matter of time before another.

I hope I'm wrong though.

kingantti1874

:thumbsup:

The scary thing is with 19 years since a driver fatality it seems it can only be a matter of time before another.

I hope I'm wrong though.

I terms of a std impact, the cars and the circuits are soo good it's as safe as it can be, a dan wheldon type incident is unlikely... although alonso was lucky when Grosjean wiped out half the field at spa and obviously the massa incident... I think they will move to closed cockpits to prevent that possibility... Hope they do actually... There should be no possibility of that happening and relatively easy to inplement

Currahee!

I terms of a std impact, the cars and the circuits are soo good it's as safe as it can be, a dan wheldon type incident is unlikely... although alonso was lucky when Grosjean wiped out half the field at spa and obviously the massa incident... I think they will move to closed cockpits to prevent that possibility... Hope they do actually... There should be no possibility of that happening and relatively easy to inplement

It'd be highly unlikely to get a Dan Wheldon type crash in F1. The speed and close running just can't happen in an F1 circuit.

A closed cockpit in F1 would help in an Alonso type incident but it could prove fatal if there is a fire/smoke gets in there.

Hopefully there is no more deaths. F1 has had too many over the years.

:shitwine:

He was very lucky.

The next race after the tragedies at Imola was Monaco, and Karl Wendlinger ended up in a coma :(

Currahee!

I think I'll genuinely be amazed if he ever races in F1 again.

He won't imo. His injuries are too severe for F1.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

That looks to have been an outstanding lap by Hamilton at the end of Q2.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

What a great couple of laps from Rosberg in Q3. All Mercedes front row. Rosberg gets pole with Hamilton second.

Anybody else have Alonso to win? :smuggy:

Yep. And predicted 2nd, 6th, 7th and 8th as well. If Vettel had got third I'd have been looking at a hefty score this week.

Got Alonso Webber an di Resta in correct positions.

Happy with that.

Thought Esteban Gutierrez was a nap for fastest lap, cant believe you all didn't see that one coming :ninja:

kingantti1874

What a shite day of sport... That was one of the worst GP's I've seen for years ... Cruising around like pensioners trying to save cheese tyres.. Absolutely ridiculous

Archived