2013 Formula 1 Season Thread

Sheiky Baby

Looks like the Brawn / Todt relationship continues. Mercedes are the new Ferrari as far as the rules are concerned. What if Sauber had said they might leave.....

Imagine the punishment if it had been McLaren.

They have been found guilty, the punishment is a complete fob off, A drive through penalty would have been more effective!

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F1 worst kept secret.

A good driver and could have possibly been a world champion if he wasnt playing second fiddle.

It was announced over the tannoy at Silverstone a couple of months ago at a Sportscar race.

Yes he's a good driver but not WC material in my eyes. A DC type. Really good but not outstanding.

kingantti1874

It was announced over the tannoy at Silverstone a couple of months ago at a Sportscar race.

Yes he's a good driver but not WC material in my eyes. A DC type. Really good but not outstanding.

This, if he had found himself as #1 in a dominant car... (like jenson button at brawn) he'd have had a chance

This, if he had found himself as #1 in a dominant car... (like jenson button at brawn) he'd have had a chance

Drivers in the mould of Webber and DC etc. would need the best car and a teammate they could dominate.

Too many things required to be WC. Button got lucky. Webber and DC didn't.

So who'll get the other Red Bull seat?

Raikkonnen? Vergne? Buemi? Hulk? di Resta? Button?

it'll certainly open up the driver market.

Prince Buaben

So who'll get the other Red Bull seat?

Raikkonnen? Vergne? Buemi? Hulk? di Resta? Button?

it'll certainly open up the driver market.

Raikkonen has connections with Red Bull from driving in the states but not sure if he will go. Not saying he will have input but Vettel has that team built around him and signing a driver that could beat him could put his nose out and Horner may not want the hassle either. He has hinted similar when they were linked with Hamilton last season. Think they will sign Verne instead.

p.s i am not sure how much of an Ego Kimi would actually bring. Having an Ego seems too much effort for him.

Vettel will want someone who is a good development driver that will give good feedback on the car and help with set up etc. But not a threat to him.

Red Bull saying its between 3 drivers. Raikkonnen and the 2 Toro Rosso's.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I really hope they go for Kimi. Could really see him putting Vettel in his place in that car.

I have a felling it will be Ricciardo. Fast enough to keep Vettel honest and pick up points for the team but not a direct threat. I've been very impressed by him this season.

I have a felling it will be Ricciardo. Fast enough to keep Vettel honest and pick up points for the team but not a direct threat. I've been very impressed by him this season.

Vergne would do the same.

It'll be a tough choice if it is between the two.

Should make the fight between the two more interesting for the rest of the season.

The Great Khali

Hamilton to win and a top 6 finish for Di resta I reckon. Should be interesting.

Hamilton to win and a top 6 finish for Di resta I reckon. Should be interesting.

i think the high tyre wear on the mercedes will be too much of a factor stopping hamilton winning

I think Kimi is the answer, another top class driver who could push Vettel all the way.

Prince Buaben

di Resta to win.

Tyres will be a major fackor tomorrow.

If he wins then he may have to do it from the back as his card was 1.5kg underweight. Stewards are investigating.

If he wins then he may have to do it from the back as his card was 1.5kg underweight. Stewards are investigating.

Really? Nightmare.

He'll no win now.

is that 3 races in a row his team has messed up his qualifying

is that 3 races in a row his team has messed up his qualifying

They also messed up both drivers when the wheels couldn't be changed.

Very sloppy and amateurish by Force India.

Will be interesting to see where di Resta finishes. Will he start from the pit lane?

My Left Nut

You would think as it was the teams fault a better punishment would be to let Di Resta start from where he qualified but any points he gets the team get none. Or the team get no constructor points this weekend.

You would think as it was the teams fault a better punishment would be to let Di Resta start from where he qualified but any points he gets the team get none. Or the team get no constructor points this weekend.

The team are blaming di Resta. The car was normal weight but di Resta lost some weight.

I find that hard to believe. Surely they'd weigh both regularly.

Anyway he got an advantage for being underweight so has to be disqualified.

My Left Nut

The team are blaming di Resta. The car was normal weight but di Resta lost some weight.

I find that hard to believe. Surely they'd weigh both regularly.

Anyway he got an advantage for being underweight so has to be disqualified.

Do they not weigh the driver before the session in case of this? Anyway it's done now, just find it unfair that drivers are punished for team mistakes! Happened to Hamilton and Vettel last year then you have Merc breaking the rules and all they get us a slapped arse.

They also messed up both drivers when the wheels couldn't be changed.

Very sloppy and amateurish by Force India.

Will be interesting to see where di Resta finishes. Will he start from the pit lane?

if they have to add ballast (sp) to the car he has to start from the pit lane as that would be a change that they cant do under parc ferme conditions

if they have to add ballast (sp) to the car he has to start from the pit lane as that would be a change that they cant do under parc ferme conditions

Unless they feed him up like a boxer. :D

There is talk that the scales are dodgy but FI won't appeal.

Surely di Resta would have known he was underweight when he got weighed after qualifying.

Di Resta is starting from the back of the grid instead of the pit lane. At least we are guaranteed a few good overtaking attempts in the first few laps.

Di Resta is starting from the back of the grid instead of the pit lane. At least we are guaranteed a few good overtaking attempts in the first few laps.

Good. He seems confident enough.

He can still score points from there.

Rudi Skacel

Hamilton tyre failure while leading!!!!!!!!1

Good news for me, i had Vettel for the victory

These tyres are screwing up my predictor.

Not to mention Di Resta starting from the back pretty much guarantees that he will get most points gained. If he doesn't get a puncture as well.

jesus another failure, torro rosso this time

That could have been a seriously nasty incident as they were all very close at the time.

Kimi got a nasty faceful of tyre as well.

My Left Nut
jesus another failure, torro rosso this time

That was scary from Kimi's on board camera.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Pretty ironic that this is the most technical sport in the world and they spunk millions and millions on making it safe and the fecking tyres explode !!!

Pretty ironic that this is the most technical sport in the world and they spunk millions and millions on making it safe and the fecking tyres explode !!!

Or, as is looking possible, the people that you hired on the cheap to maintain the kerbs made an arse of it.

Archived