2013 Formula 1 Season Thread

Sheiky Baby

I actually think I dislike Vettel more than Schumacher. What a prick he is.

Yes, getting the same feelings of angst against the arrogant ******.

That was well out of order and the smug look on his boat just makes him look even more of a ******.

images.jpg

Sebastian-Vettel-finger_2577983.jpg

vettel1.jpg

But seriously, he does piss me off as well :lol:

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gavsy Van Gaverson

images.jpg

vettel1.jpg

I ******* despise that finger :lol:

rossthejambo

images.jpg

vettel1.jpg

Such a shite signature celebration as well.

rossthejambo

Vettel has apologised.

I wish he hadn't tbh.

Hollow apology really, there's no way he's really sorry about it.

Hollow apology really, there's no way he's really sorry about it.

True.

I'd have more respect for him if he hadn't. We know he doesn't mean it.

I wish Rosberg had acted like Vettel and passed Hamilton.

What the hell is up with Webber's accent ?

It's like he's doing a Joey Barton :/

Think he was fighting the tears.

Tears of anger.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

If Webber had done that he'd be on a one way ticket out of the team.

Webber - good guy. Vettel - ******.

kingantti1874

Kudos to Hamilton saying he wasn't happy about the outcome and saying he will return the favour and kudos to Rosberg for behaving himself, I'm sure the situation will be reversed at some point

And I would live to see someone break vettels finger off and ram it up his hole... He really is a little shit..

And what were Ferrari and alonso thinking? Crazy decision

kingantti1874

Vettel has apologised.

I wish he hadn't tbh.

Wait, if both were flat out and decided to race fair enough, but when the car in front has tuned down the revs and is driving slowly on orders of the team you think it's ok for him to do what he did? Ridiculous

Wait, if both were flat out and decided to race fair enough, but when the car in front has tuned down the revs and is driving slowly on orders of the team you think it's ok for him to do what he did? Ridiculous

I never said that.

What I mean is why should Vettel apologise when he doesn't mean it. Makes a mockery of it.

kingantti1874

I never said that.

What I mean is why should Vettel apologise when he doesn't mean it. Makes a mockery of it.

Get ya - agree on that point.. Made it worse

Get ya - agree on that point.. Made it worse

:thumbsup:

Webber was seething and no wonder.

His comments on the podium were true too.

kingantti1874

:thumbsup:

Webber was seething and no wonder.

His comments on the podium were true too.

Yep, the Mercedes orders were wrong as Hamilton physically didn't have the pace due to a fuel shortage and to the credit of both drivers they handled it well and I'm sure they will sort it out later in season, in the case of RBR both cars were fuelled to the end and vettel took the piss...

I never saw it, but it does sound sh1t for Webber.

Am I not correct in saying though, that Schumacher, years ago won a race on team orders, with the second driver ordered to allow it? Was there not also criticism at it, as it was like fixing. This seems to be the opposite and again, there is criticism.

Am I not correct in saying though, that Schumacher, years ago won a race on team orders, with the second driver ordered to allow it? Was there not also criticism at it, as it was like fixing. This seems to be the opposite and again, there is criticism.

rubens pulled over just before the line IIRC at the german GP for schumi to win

Prince Buaben

Was that not Austria ? Then they brought the no team orders rule

I see. Maybe the F1 experts can perhaps explain to a layman like me why it was felt letting Schumacher win was wrong, but not letting Webber win also wrong?

might have been the location is what i cant remember

kingantti1874

That was a shocker but you cant rely compare the 2 incidents, team orders happen all the time and it isnt popular but F1 is a team sport first and foremost, but today one driver basically cheated, it would have been fine if both drivers thought they were in a race today but vettel wouldn't have got past webber and webber had been assured he wasn't coming past and did what he was told, even helmut marko said vettel was wrong and that really does say it all..

kingantti1874

That rule has subsequently been abandoned.

It's circumstantial, I suppose.

The incident in Austria 2002 was a total joke at the time, as Barrichello let Schumacher pass him pretty much bang-on the line. It was also totally unnecessary - Schumacher was already running away with the championship, and I think his nearest challenger was Rubens.

Plus, Ferrari & Ross Braun are/were arseholes. This one is more of an issue because it shows that Vettel is completely ruthless and a selfish dick. It also raises the obvious point of how RBR will treat Vettel, knowing that he's the golden boy, and how much differently they'd treat Webber.

I see. Maybe the F1 experts can perhaps explain to a layman like me why it was felt letting Schumacher win was wrong, but not letting Webber win also wrong?

Webber was told to turn down the engine as he wouldn't be challenged by Vettel.

Its normal for that to happen in F1.

Vettel chose to ignore the order and passed Webber anyway. Bad patter from Vettel.

Prince Buaben

That rule has subsequently been abandoned.

Am aware of that

kingantti1874

Schumacher didn't win race fair and square, he wouldn't have won it without orders, he wasn't quick enough = wrong

Vettel didn't win race fair and square, he couldnt have won it without cheating webber when he had done what he was told, he wasn't quick enough in equal condition = wrong

Schumacher didn't win race fair and square, he wouldn't have won it without orders, he wasn't quick enough = wrong

Vettel didn't win race fair and square, he couldnt have won it without cheating webber when he had done what he was told, he wasn't quick enough in equal condition = wrong

True. Also see how Mercedes handled Rosberg catching Hamilton today for how teams orders should work.

with that reasoning rosberg should have ignored his team and passed hamilton as rosberg was faster than hamilton

kingantti1874

with that reasoning rosberg should have ignored his team and passed hamilton as rosberg was faster than hamilton

Slightly different scenario as Mercedes under-fuelled Hamilton, but i agree they should have let him past. Hamilton said the same

Excuse my ignorance, but it seems Webber equally would have only won if Vettel had followed orders.

kingantti1874

Excuse my ignorance, but it seems Webber equally would have only won if Vettel had followed orders.

No, vettel was NOT faster than webber - in lieu of orders webber would have won.

rossthejambo

The only reason Vettel caught Webber was because he didn't follow the orders to turn their engines down.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Vettel also had plenty of time to realise he was being a total ****** and give the place back.

I also believe that had the roles been reversed and Webber had a brain fart and nicked the place then RBR would have ordered him to give the place back.

You can see why Webber has the hump, not being able to trust your team mate must be awkward but not being able to trust your team principle ???

kingantti1874

Vettel also had plenty of time to realise he was being a total ****** and give the place back.

I also believe that had the roles been reversed and Webber had a brain fart and nicked the place then RBR would have ordered him to give the place back.

You can see why Webber has the hump, not being able to trust your team mate must be awkward but not being able to trust your team principle ???

I agree, they should ha e made him give it back definitely, I actually don't think it's Horner - it's marko, Dietrich Mateschitz man on the ground

The only reason Vettel caught Webber was because he didn't follow the orders to turn their engines down.

I see. Just trying to understand the difference.

jambos are go!

If the result was being being manipulated by driver or team and you could bet on the winner then the police must become involved.

kingantti1874

If the result was being being manipulated by driver or team and you could bet on the winner then the police must become involved.

F1 is a team sport and like all team sports team orders are within the rules. So no

F1 is a team sport and like all team sports team orders are within the rules. So no

exactly, what if in football you had say ronaldo to score first for real madrid and they get a pen while the score is 0-0. Mourinho would be within his rights to say ronaldo you are not taking this casillas is taking it (extreme case yes).

jambos are go!

Team orders were not followed even if that was allowed to overrule racing on your merits. It stinks and the law must become involved. wonder how much money Vettell saved favourite backers at the expense of the bookies.

Team orders were not followed even if that was allowed to overrule racing on your merits. It stinks and the law must become involved. wonder how much money Vettell saved favourite backers at the expense of the bookies.

Don't be daft.

Anyone putting a bet on F1 knows the situation. I wouldn't have a bet on it due to team orders.

kingantti1874

So you want the police to become involved because vettel acted like a prick? That's like having a designated penalty taker, someone else grabs it off him spontaneously and scores it and then phoning the police because you lost out on first goal scorer !! nae offence bud but cant agree with that in any way shape or form

And given vettel was the favourite I would bet the bookies have lost out it that it makes any difference

Edit: just remembered I had vettel second in predictor - change my mind... Phoning the FBI :(

jambos are go!

Don't be daft.

Anyone putting a bet on F1 knows the situation. I wouldn't have a bet on it due to team orders.

Anyone putting a bet on should be protected by laws ensurng fair play or legal betting on such events should not be allowed.

So you want the police to become involved because vettel acted like a prick? That's like having a designated penalty taker, someone else grabs it off him spontaneously and scores it and then phoning the police because you lost out on first goal scorer !! nae offence bud but cant agree with that in any way shape or form

And given vettel was the favourite I would bet the bookies have lost out it that it makes any difference

Edit: just remembered I had vettel second in predictor - change my mind... Phoning the FBI :(

Or going.to a newspaper complaining that your first goalscorer bet wasn't paid out on a game that finished 0-0.

Anyone putting a bet on should be protected by laws ensng fair play or legal betting on such events should not be allowed.

Everyone knows that there's team orders in F1.

Vettel disobeyed team orders and won. Rosberg obeyed team orders and came 4th.

Had the roles been reversed then Vettel would be 2nd and Rosberg 3rd. That could easily have happened. Thats F1.

kingantti1874

Or going.to a newspaper complaining that your first goalscorer bet wasn't paid out on a game that finished 0-0.

:rofl: don't give them any ideas

Guest GhostHunter

Just watching the Alonso wing incident, and now that I'm looking at Vettel in a different light, I could swear he veered over in front of Alonso - deliberately removing what was left of the wing.

jambos are go!

Everyone knows that there's team orders in F1.

Vettel disobeyed team orders and won. Rosberg obeyed team orders and came 4th.

Had the roles been reversed then Vettel would be 2nd and Rosberg 3rd. That could easily have happened. Thats F1.

So the team tried to maniplulate the result then Vettel did manipulate the result. It stinks. In French Horse Racing you back the trainer and it covers all their runners to avoid such manipulation. In British racing if you let another of the trainers horses win you would be banned for a very long time. Pity the poor punter.

So the team tried to maniplulate the result then Vettel did manipulate the result. It stinks. In French Horse Racing you back the trainer and it covers all their runners to avoid such manipulation. In British racing if you let another of the trainers horses win you would be banned for a very long time. Pity the poor punter.

The poor punter? Anyone having a punt on F1 is an idiot.

Vettel won and if there was no team orders would have won anyway. He was racing.

Are you unhappy because a race driver actually raced?

Just watching the Alonso wing incident, and now that I'm looking at Vettel in a different light, I could swear he veered over in front of Alonso - deliberately removing what was left of the wing.

It does look that way but I reckon he's just trying to move into the racing line.

Poor visibility and poor traction caused the incident imo.

kingantti1874

The bit your not getting is telling your team to hold station is not manipulating the result - it's clearly stated as allowed within the rules.

F1 is not solely a driver series, it's an engineering series and a team series as well and sometimes this causes conflict, again - team orders are perfectly legally and if your betting in F1 you should know that... For example massa will always be longer odds than alonso as Ferrari typically favour alonso, this will be baked into the odds pre race even if massa starts in front.

I know little about horse racing so don't bet on it, I'd suggest mate and I'm not being cheeky (deliberately) that you should probably avoid betting on F1 until you appreciate the rules

Archived