Edinburgh Trams Farce Continues

Ribble

Only a matter of time before the 100 bus timetable is dramatically reduced.

Gutted when they do this as its a brilliant service to and from Corstorphine.

My way into work in town, as the 100 starts before the other services, and runs more frequently.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Cyclist to blame. Bus swerved after cyclist jumped from pavement in front of bus.

Did the cyclist stop or is that the bus drivers story?. Hate pavement cyclists and have had words with a few eejits myself. Shame if the bus driver is being blamed if that is the case.!

King Of The Cat Cafe

Just saw this.

You say you were "underwhelmed" by your tram experience. Serious question, what were you expecting?

Serious answer, I suppose I do not really know but I thought it would be quicker than the bus.

Still, the stop at Murrayfield saves a bit of a trek on the way to the airport after a home game.

• 2 weeks later...

Still operating at a loss though.

Roughly 10% were OAPs, who get on for free and probably only used them to say they've been on one. Also, tourist season is now over.

Still waiting for criminal charges against the council, the amount of money that went into this project is absolutely unbelivable.

How many have used the bus in the same timescale?

Excuse me answering my own question, but I was curious after posting it.....

According to Wikipedia the 2013 annual figure was 115.4 Million... So dividing by 365 and multiplying by 100 gives us 31,616,438...so 1.5 million doesn't look quite so impressive.

The Real Maroonblood

I love the tram line. Gets me from Carrick Knowe to Haymarket in about 5 mins.

Good to see one person benefitting from it.

Prince Buaben

Excuse me answering my own question, but I was curious after posting it.....

According to Wikipedia the 2013 annual figure was 115.4 Million... So dividing by 365 and multiplying by 100 gives us 31,616,438...so 1.5 million doesn't look quite so impressive.

1 tramline v 40+ bus services.

also how many already had a Ridacard so not paying extra for tram journeys

accounts will show not numbers

The trams will be getting their fair share from the Ridacard.

Guest GhostHunter

We used the trams for the first time on Saturday - parked at Ingliston and was in town inside 35mins.

No complaints, indeed, was pleasantly surprised, moreso at how fast they can go :D

Optimus Prime, rarely posts on other threads but is all over the team thread.

On tonight's news the head of Edinburgh Trams is a relatively young lad wearing a maroon tie.

We used the trams for the first time on Saturday - parked at Ingliston and was in town inside 35mins.

No complaints, indeed, was pleasantly surprised, moreso at how fast they can go :D

Apart from on corners. The go really, really slow round corners.

I'm a regular user though and no complaints from me :)

Guest GhostHunter

Apart from on corners. The go really, really slow round corners.

I'm a regular user though and no complaints from me :)

Oh, and stopping at red lights.

That's a proper WTF moment that I can't explain

:D

Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime, rarely posts on other threads but is all over the team thread.

On tonight's news the head of Edinburgh Trams is a relatively young lad wearing a maroon tie.

I don't own a maroon tie.

Say What Again

I'll be using one for the first time, to get to the airport on Saturday.

I'm looking forward to it. They look wonderful.

I'm between two stops so don't bother, but if my bus is at least eight minutes from arriving I'll walk and get the tram. Gives me another option for when I'm running late for work.

A gazillion bajillion pounds well spent, IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

Well deserved in my opinion. Best thing to happen in Edinburgh in years. Going into town today in one of these clean, frequent and fast vehicles.

I took a tram for the first time yesterday, as I was meeting Mrs Chester at the airport. I would have been quicker taking the airport bus.

They were nice enough inside though. Could have done with a bit more legroom TBH. I wasn't too keen on the hefty creaking and rattling going round corners either.

They weren't a patch on the ones I took in Norway.

Edited by Chester?

Shanks said no

I took a tram for the first time yesterday, as I was meeting Mrs Chester at the airport. I would have been quicker taking the airport bus.

They were nice enough inside though. Could have done with a bit more legroom TBH. I wasn't too keen on the hefty creaking and rattling going round corners either.

They weren't a patch on the ones I took in Norway.

Is there an official timetable to compare the times of the bus v tram?

Is there an official timetable to compare the times of the bus v tram?

Half hour for Airlink (dependent on time of day and traffic)

http://lothianbuses.com/assets/timetables/airlink.pdf

40(ish) minutes for tram (dependent on time of day and traffic):

http://edinburghtrams.com/uploads/general/Tram_timetable_May_2014.pdf

Yesterday it took me 45 minutes, out there, on the tram. It was around 25-30 back on the bus.

http://www.theedinbu...burgh Reporter)

An award for Councillor Hinds! Astonishing, truly astonishing.

Sue Bruce didn't know about the Award ... so what was she doing at the Light Rail Awards? Nothing better to do with Council expenses than a jolly to London to enjoy champagne and networking opportunities? Maybe she wants to take another part time job?

In addition to the honour of being recognised at the prestigious black-tie ceremony, a Champagne Reception welcomes all guests and the celebrations and networking opportunities continue well beyond the event and often into the early hours!

http://mainspring.co.uk/events.html

Well deserved in my opinion. Best thing to happen in Edinburgh in years. Going into town today in one of these clean, frequent and fast vehicles.

After he posted this yesterday Des'Dad sent me a text saying he would be late meeting me in town as his tram was stuck behind the one in front that had broken down! Oh the irony!

• 2 weeks later...

Exact same place as the last time by the looks of things.

Appears the bus driver failed to check their right wing mirror before moving into the lane heading towards Shandwick Place.

Biased, no doubt. Passes Tynecastle doesn't it?

• 2 weeks later...

Very large pot of funding gold to be found at the end of the rainbow.

Well it's as plausible as extending the line.

I take it they are buying up loads of EuroMillions tickets in the hope of winning the jackpot and affording an extra 200 metres of tram track?

Someone seriously needs to remove these councillors, who are clearly unfit to deal with financial matters.