JKB collective share purchase

Maple Leaf

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like we might get to 11K tonight. Another 50K shares then tomorrow or Monday?

But, seriously, if we have a 10K shortfall per day and we're on 11K after a few days, we need a few serious businesspeople or the like.

I am pretty skint, but want to make a small donation. Problem is, I owe money to Paypal, (about 20 squid), due to them/ebay. So can someone tell me if I do donate, will Paypal just take the cash for themselves ? If this is the case, is there another way I can donate, say by debit card. Thanks in advance. :cheesy:

PayPal have never taken anything off me but I have only used it for small amounts. Inthinknot depends on the transaction type.

And to the poster who says they owe Paypal money. You can pay via PayPal without logging into your account and pay by debit or credit card.

Brian Badonde

Managed to save ?20 on the wifes birthday present with an online code so passed the saving into the fund. Every little helps!

Sorry if asked before but what % does paypal take?

Not sure if this has been answered, but I guess the best thing to do is to take your ?110 to the ticket office for your own shares as there will be no deduction. Only use JKB when you have some spare cash,

Perhaps you could donate a smaller (than ?110) amount at one of the fund raising events, or a bucket collection once that is organised, if you are worried about Hearts not getting the full amount.

Someone able to help? I read somewhere that there was a raffler for a fundraiser coming up (can't remember what page it was). I emailed the email address on the page but haven't had a reply back as yet.

Essentially, I have a kids portugal top signed by Ronaldo and Deco and a kids hearts top (Allsports) signed by the squad at that time. I am willing to donate both to the raffle, however I fly out to Gillingham in the morning for a weeks work. Is there someone willing to take these from me today and hand them into the raffle, or somewhere I can drop these off today?

Cheers peeps, a great effort by all so far.

People can now donate whatever amount they want, rather than just set amounts.

Somebody put in 19.05. I don't know if he intended 19.02 or if Vito Corleone emigrated to America in 1905.

kingantti1874

Somebody put in 19.05. I don't know if he intended 19.02 or if Vito Corleone emigrated to America in 1905.

You forgotten the day in may already ? Unless you wanted him to donate ?1905.12 ? ;-)

You forgotten the day in may already ? Unless you wanted him to donate ?1905.12 ? ;-)

FFS. Sorry lads and ladies.

kingantti1874

FFS. Sorry lads and ladies.

Lol - we all have more pressing things on our minds bud :-) I've done no work at all at barely spoke to the family since Wednesday - fell out wi the wife last night as I was harrying people on twitter whilst watching sky fall

Lol - we all have more pressing things on our minds bud :-) I've done no work at all at barely spoke to the family since Wednesday - fell out wi the wife last night as I was harrying people on twitter whilst watching sky fall

Aye, I've been more "mobilised" than ever, probably. I've already put in a request for shares for Christmas.

I wish I could of donated ?1111.11 in memory of our fallen heroes but I opted for ?11.1111 and ?19.14 .

Heart of Midlothian will never die.

There must be plenty fans forums around the world that have ties with us, ex players European games etc.. Would be worth researching creating a list then all taking a forum each to post a link on.

I've bought shares but will contribute some of yesterday's winnings to this tonight.

itsnomarooned

Obviously I understand that all of us are in different financial situations but rather than donate an "amusing" amount such as ?19.02 or somesuch isn't it better to chuck in what you can actually afford. If ?19.02 is your actual limit then kudos to you but if you can afford, say ?25, then let's have it.

Someone able to help? I read somewhere that there was a raffler for a fundraiser coming up (can't remember what page it was). I emailed the email address on the page but haven't had a reply back as yet.

Essentially, I have a kids portugal top signed by Ronaldo and Deco and a kids hearts top (Allsports) signed by the squad at that time. I am willing to donate both to the raffle, however I fly out to Gillingham in the morning for a weeks work. Is there someone willing to take these from me today and hand them into the raffle, or somewhere I can drop these off today?

This could be the thread your looking for.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/120182-fun-day-volunteers-required/

If i remember correctly i am sure the OP was going to Yorkshire this weekend, hence that may be the reason you haven't had a reply.

I suggest that you go to the thread and post your info and i am sure someone will help you.

This could be the thread your looking for.

http://www.hmfckickb...teers-required/

If i remember correctly i am sure the OP was going to Yorkshire this weekend, hence that may be the reason you haven't had a reply.

I suggest that you go to the thread and post your info and i am sure someone will help you.

Thanks for this, will do this just now

You have a PM. Cheers. :thumbsup:

Not sure if this has been answered, but I guess the best thing to do is to take your ?110 to the ticket office for your own shares as there will be no deduction. Only use JKB when you have some spare cash,

Perhaps you could donate a smaller (than ?110) amount at one of the fund raising events, or a bucket collection once that is organised, if you are worried about Hearts not getting the full amount.

The majority of payments to JKB have been for less than ?110. The average contribution so far is ?27.33. That's less than the minimum amount to buy shares.

No-one who lives abroad (like me) is legally allowed to buy shares. No-one is going to put a bucket under our noses to drop money into - and to be perfectly honest buckets are generally speaking for far smaller amounts than ?27. Also, a lot of people like convenience. It's easy to contribute online. For some people, if they don't pay online, they won't go to the trouble of finding somewhere to hand over money or drop it into a bucket.

We could set the payments up as gifts, and the Paypal fees wouldn't be taken out of the total. But that's a bit cheeky. Why? Because instead, Paypal deducts the fees from the person contributing the money. So if someone wants to pay money, we'd be saying thanks very much and making them pay even more on top of their donation.

So all in all, it's a good option. It's convenient, safe and reliable, and it's generating extra money for Hearts. A small percentage is deducted by the payment processor - the same thing happens if you send money to Hearts via your credit card. For the convenience and security of reliable money transfers, the cost is reasonable. And in any case, the likelihood is that JKB will end up covering those costs out of JKB funds, and probably a lot more besides.

Kalamazoo Jambo

On phone, can someone access the right page and tell me the current total? Would appreciate it :)

11,685 donations for shares plus 640 for raffle

I thought ?1905.12 was a bit rich! But spot on - no mistake made.....!

Obviously I understand that all of us are in different financial situations but rather than donate an "amusing" amount such as ?19.02 or somesuch isn't it better to chuck in what you can actually afford. If ?19.02 is your actual limit then kudos to you but if you can afford, say ?25, then let's have it.

You see, I'll buy shares. But, given the option to put up ?19.05 it amused me. So, it's an extra ?19.05 in the pot thanks to kickback oh and the few beers I'd had.

Anyway was telling my old man, he's 75 and seen 4 cups. As I left his house earlier he shoved ?20 in my hand and said, here, it's not much but put this through your Internet thing!! Touching. Thus kickback results in ?39.05!

So lets no split hairs eh :-))

The majority of payments to JKB have been for less than ?110. The average contribution so far is ?27.33. That's less than the minimum amount to buy shares.

No-one who lives abroad (like me) is legally allowed to buy shares. No-one is going to put a bucket under our noses to drop money into - and to be perfectly honest buckets are generally speaking for far smaller amounts than ?27. Also, a lot of people like convenience. It's easy to contribute online. For some people, if they don't pay online, they won't go to the trouble of finding somewhere to hand over money or drop it into a bucket.

We could set the payments up as gifts, and the Paypal fees wouldn't be taken out of the total. But that's a bit cheeky. Why? Because instead, Paypal deducts the fees from the person contributing the money. So if someone wants to pay money, we'd be saying thanks very much and making them pay even more on top of their donation.

So all in all, it's a good option. It's convenient, safe and reliable, and it's generating extra money for Hearts. A small percentage is deducted by the payment processor - the same thing happens if you send money to Hearts via your credit card. For the convenience and security of reliable money transfers, the cost is reasonable. And in any case, the likelihood is that JKB will end up covering those costs out of JKB funds, and probably a lot more besides.

I don't have any issues having made payment to JKB and purchased shares individually. I was responding to a question from another poster regarding PayPal %. He/she has not donated and I was offering a solution, as there will be plenty opportunity to donate cash, if the PayPal % is really an issue.

got St mingin tix today they only had 2 seats together in the upper roseburn stand also got Aberdeen tickets, still seems to be alot of folk down buying shares, tickets and merchandise. Keep up the good positive work y'all, we can keep the jambo's afloat if we all stick together. Got shares as well felt good to rescue a small bit of the club from the russians, this forum has done a grand job of getting share money together. C'mon the Hearts!

I don't have any issues having made payment to JKB and purchased shares individually. I was responding to a question from another poster regarding PayPal %. He/she has not donated and I was offering a solution, as there will be plenty opportunity to donate cash, if the PayPal % is really an issue.

I wouldn't disagree with you. In particular, even though we're delighted with whatever members contribute via JKB, I would say that if you live in the UK and you have the minimum ?110 to spare, you should get shares in your own name. I know the shares aren't ever going to give a return, but at least you can say that some small percentage of the club is yours.

Remnants of Standards

On phone, can someone access the right page and tell me the current total? Would appreciate it :)

Currently 12079.12 on the share purchase totaller. C'mon folks - great effort - keep it going!

Kalamazoo Jambo

We will soon meet the raffle target - what about increasing it?

It has been increased, and I like the look of the new target :)

Just tried to get a few raffles and a small donation for shares but dont think i got any raffles and donated for shares lol

Great effort again by all on this board !!

I'd already bought shares (in my dad's name, as I live abroad), but Ulysess' note has encouraged me to donate a bit more via here. Hopefully it will do likewise for others.

Kalamazoo Jambo

I'd already bought shares (in my dad's name, as I live abroad), but Ulysess' note has encouraged me to donate a bit more via here. Hopefully it will do likewise for others.

Had originally planned to buy shares for myself and Kalamazoo Jambo Junior (for an early first birthday present), but if those plans are scuppered, then I know what my Mum's getting for Christmas :laugh:

Archived