JKB collective share purchase

Maple Leaf

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Should be more about saving the club than being motivated by the benefits.

It seems daft giving away season tickets for example when someone could be buying them instead.

Raffle or auction any benefit's is surely the way to go with proceeds back in the share fund.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be more about saving the club than being motivated by the benefits.

It seems daft giving away season tickets for example when someone could be buying them instead.

Raffle or auction any benefit's is surely the way to go with proceeds back in the share fund.

That's another good idea of yours but, in this case, you're not the first to think of it. That's what we'll probably do.

We're in the process of buying a further 50,000 shares, which will bring us up to the 250,000 mark.

JKB members have donated ?27,500 to the club so far through the collective share purchase. A truly outstanding effort by all involved.

Nelly Terraces

Hi folks,

Thought I'd just use this thread (seeing how it's how to do with all things fund raising) to canvass a bit of opinion on an idea a mate and I had to raise over 2000 quid for HMFC. I've got a Ltd Ed of 125 copies of the original poster I managed to get when in Bologna in 1990. Sure you'll agree, it's a belter. It measure 27 x 19 inch and fits tidily into an Ikea frame (or get your own made up). We've flogged a whole load already to friends but are now needing to sell the rest via JKB. I'm selling them at ?20 each, remember, they're a ltd ed, and are high quality glossy prints, and all proceeds will be going to (hopefully) save our club.

I will be wanting to take PM's from people, who will have to give me their names and address's to post out, or for them to come and collect from The Golden Rule pre the Ceptic or Sheep games. For those being posted, then people will have to pay direct into a bank account. For those meeting pre games, good old fashioned cash in hand will be the preferred method.

What do you think, do you think I could sell the rest we have left on here?

28036_10151556505599616_1761225105_n.jpg

600393_10151556502814616_937693994_n.jpg

Tiberius Stinkfinger

That's another good idea of yours but, in this case, you're not the first to think of it. That's what we'll probably do.

We're in the process of buying a further 50,000 shares, which will bring us up to the 250,000 mark.

JKB members have donated ?27,500 to the club so far through the collective share purchase. A truly outstanding effort by all involved.

You would say that :curtain:

:10900:

Remnants of Standards

Great poster nelly, hope you get rid of them all. I've ordered one from you already, ok to pick up in the Rule afterwards i take it?

Nelly Terraces

Great poster nelly, hope you get rid of them all. I've ordered one from you already, ok to pick up in the Rule afterwards i take it?

Aye mate, no probs, see you there after the game on Wed night.

Nelly, I can't get a PM to get through to you.

I'm looking for one, possibly two. Can you clear some space and drop me a PM with your bank details. Would be looking for it to be mailed to Falkirk FK1.

Hi folks,

Thought I'd just use this thread (seeing how it's how to do with all things fund raising) to canvass a bit of opinion on an idea a mate and I had to raise over 2000 quid for HMFC. I've got a Ltd Ed of 125 copies of the original poster I managed to get when in Bologna in 1990. Sure you'll agree, it's a belter. It measure 27 x 19 inch and fits tidily into an Ikea frame (or get your own made up). We've flogged a whole load already to friends but are now needing to sell the rest via JKB. I'm selling them at ?20 each, remember, they're a ltd ed, and are high quality glossy prints, and all proceeds will be going to (hopefully) save our club.

I will be wanting to take PM's from people, who will have to give me their names and address's to post out, or for them to come and collect from The Golden Rule pre the Ceptic or Sheep games. For those being posted, then people will have to pay direct into a bank account. For those meeting pre games, good old fashioned cash in hand will be the preferred method.

What do you think, do you think I could sell the rest we have left on here?

28036_10151556505599616_1761225105_n.jpg

600393_10151556502814616_937693994_n.jpg

It's interesting to note the terrific upsurge in donations since last night. Obviously the result didn't dampen peoples' enthusiasm. Well done, to the poster who donated ?700!

It's interesting to note the terrific upsurge in donations since last night. Obviously the result didn't dampen peoples' enthusiasm. Well done, to the poster who donated ?700!

That's great.

Perhaps the taunts from the Celtic fans last night have made folk more determined.

I'll donate more over the next few days.

Bravo y'all. :bravo:

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Christ sake neon jambo just buy out Vladimir now and put us out of our collective misery!

Put in ?10 , wish I could give more :disappointed: , Will be able to contribute more funds after the year :cheesy: .

Today we purchased a further 50,000 shares. That brings the current total to 300,000 shares, for which the club has received ?33,000 from the members of Jambos Kickback.

Well done to everyone.

The share offer closes on December 19. We will likely cut off donations here on December 16.

Today we purchased a further 50,000 shares. That brings the current total to 300,000 shares, for which the club has received ?33,000 from the members of Jambos Kickback.

Well done to everyone.

The share offer closes on December 19. We will likely cut off donations here on December 16.

. Not bad for arseholes...

Franco Fascione

Don't close the donation section on the 16th/19th. We could still donate on here and give it to HYDC. Just an idea.

Destruction Derby

Could also keep it open so people can donate even ?2 or ?3 towards tickets. Help sell the ground out and take in money for the club

The JKB collective share offer closes on the 16th, and that will be the end of that.

Keeping the Donate function open seems like a good idea, but there has been no discussion, yet, by the admin team as to where JKB's next focus should be. The members of JKB have already donated ?4,815 to the HYDC (?2,765 this year alone), and "Dagger is Back" is doing great work in increasing sales of match tickets, but those are two areas we could help in, as is the Big Hearts community trust.

The JKB collective share offer closes on the 16th, and that will be the end of that.

Keeping the Donate function open seems like a good idea, but there has been no discussion, yet, by the admin team as to where JKB's next focus should be. The members of JKB have already donated ?4,815 to the HYDC (?2,765 this year alone), and "Dagger is Back" is doing great work in increasing sales of match tickets, but those are two areas we could help in, as is the Big Hearts community trust and the Floyd benelovent fund for early retirement.

FTFY. :whistling::ninja:

This is my first post though I have been reading on here for quite a while. I am very impressed with the fund raising efforts by all on here. Can i make a suggestion for a future fund raiser. In the past I have organised two football matches against the Hearts Legends raising ?2750 and ?3500. I had agreed a provisional game with Alan white for the weekend in March I think, this being an international weekend the match would be played on the Sunday at a venue still to be decided. Unfortunately due to redundancy the team I organise are no longer able to play.

Surely among all the members of kickback it would be possible to raise a team of 15 players and a manager to take on the Hearts Legends and I am sure i could persuade Jose Quitongo who has guested for me before to play for us. The principal of the fundraising is for each team member to get sponsorship to the value of at least ?100 but in this instance we could raise it to ?200. That is one of the conditions of playing. The funds raised (and they include raffles and entrance to the game etc) are usually split between the Big Hearts and a charity of our choice but that must involve youth. It would be possible to donate it all to Big Hearts.

It would be fun to play and as I am 68 (see my user name lol) I only organise and leave the playing to younger blood. One of the stipulations the Hearts Legends have is that the team does not consist of youngsters as some of the legends are getting on a bit. The average age of the team should be mid 30's.

Can I gauge the interest in the project before going into specifics. If there is not enough interest then so be it and I thank you for reading this.

The club has announced that ?800,000 has been raised through the share purchase. While this is a remarkable achievment, imo, it is still short of the club's goal by about ?1 million.

As a reminder, the JKB Collective share purchase ends on December 16th, and we will be making our final purchase of shares on Monday the 17th. Any money collected after the 16th will go to Hearts one way or another, either through ticket purchases, or the HYDC, or the Big Hearts Community Trust.

Thank you to everyone who has donated so far, and to those who will do so in the next few days.

The club has announced that ?800,000 has been raised through the share purchase. While this is a remarkable achievment, imo, it is still short of the club's goal by about ?1 million.

As a reminder, the JKB Collective share purchase ends on December 16th, and we will be making our final purchase of shares on Monday the 17th. Any money collected after the 16th will go to Hearts one way or another, either through ticket purchases, or the HYDC, or the Big Hearts Community Trust.

Thank you to everyone who has donated so far, and to those who will do so in the next few days.

Good stuff.

What's the running total we have raised via Kickback (raffle and shares)?

Good stuff.

What's the running total we have raised via Kickback (raffle and shares)?

We've purchased ?33,000 worth of shares so far, and our final purchase will likely be ?2,200. Great job by everyone.

?25000 goal reached! Really skint at the moment so could only afford half the minimum share purchase (well can't really afford but the missus doesn't need to ever find out). Been waiting the last few days for the target to be in sight so I could be the one to make the donation that reached the target :10900:

?25000 goal reached! Really skint at the moment so could only afford half the minimum share purchase (well can't really afford but the missus doesn't need to ever find out). Been waiting the last few days for the target to be in sight so I could be the one to make the donation that reached the target :10900:

way to go buddy but it looks like a couple of folk have given ?5 to this rather than the cardie raffle have you got another few quid stashed to keep the glory? :antlers:

Ha ha ah well, always the bridesmaid! I'll hopefully get a few raffle tickets to compensate after the weekend, someone else can claim the glory.

The People's Chimp

This is my first post though I have been reading on here for quite a while. I am very impressed with the fund raising efforts by all on here. Can i make a suggestion for a future fund raiser. In the past I have organised two football matches against the Hearts Legends raising ?2750 and ?3500. I had agreed a provisional game with Alan white for the weekend in March I think, this being an international weekend the match would be played on the Sunday at a venue still to be decided. Unfortunately due to redundancy the team I organise are no longer able to play.

Surely among all the members of kickback it would be possible to raise a team of 15 players and a manager to take on the Hearts Legends and I am sure i could persuade Jose Quitongo who has guested for me before to play for us. The principal of the fundraising is for each team member to get sponsorship to the value of at least ?100 but in this instance we could raise it to ?200. That is one of the conditions of playing. The funds raised (and they include raffles and entrance to the game etc) are usually split between the Big Hearts and a charity of our choice but that must involve youth. It would be possible to donate it all to Big Hearts.

It would be fun to play and as I am 68 (see my user name lol) I only organise and leave the playing to younger blood. One of the stipulations the Hearts Legends have is that the team does not consist of youngsters as some of the legends are getting on a bit. The average age of the team should be mid 30's.

Can I gauge the interest in the project before going into specifics. If there is not enough interest then so be it and I thank you for reading this.

Did this post get lost? Thought it was a decent idea, and there would surely be interest in this?

Jambos Kickback purhased our last block of 50,000 shares today, so the JKB Collective Share purchase initiative is now closed. Any additional funds that come in, from the Paulo Sergio Cardi Raffle, for instance, will be donated to another Hearts-related cause in the near future.

The members of Jambos Kickback bought 350,000 shares, and Hearts have received ?38,500 from us.

This was an incredible effort, and everyone involved has the right to feel proud of what we achieved. Well done!!!

Jambos Kickback purhased our last block of 50,000 shares today, so the JKB Collective Share purchase initiative is now closed. Any additional funds that come in, from the Paulo Sergio Cardi Raffle, for instance, will be donated to another Hearts-related cause in the near future.

The members of Jambos Kickback bought 350,000 shares, and Hearts have received ?38,500 from us.

This was an incredible effort, and everyone involved has the right to feel proud of what we achieved. Well done!!!

Excellent. :thumbsup:

This has been a magnificent effort and one for which we can be rightfully proud but, and this is by no means a criticism, ?38500 is the equivalent of fewer than 2000 seats so the main way of helping the club is to continue to buy matchday tickets. Every one of us has to persuade, cajole, bully and, by any other means possible, to get folks to buy tickets, starting with the Dundee United game on Sunday, which still has a long way to go.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Magnificent effort :thumbsup:

I bought shares myself in the end but it was fantastic to have this option as a backup in case I couldn't get the ?110

It says a lot about the great job the admins have done as custodians of JKB that no-one hesitates to deposit such large sums of cash without any fear of the funds not being passed on to the share issue.

Well done everyone.

What will happen to the cardi raffle money - will it just be handed over to the club?

An extract from my previous post:

"Any additional funds that come in, from the Paulo Sergio Cardi Raffle, for instance, will be donated to another Hearts-related cause in the near future."

We haven't decided specifically what that cause will be, but it could be used to purchase match tickets, or donated to either the HYDC or the Big Hearts Community Trust, or a combination of those.

Well done to everybody. It's been a bit of an alright year all round for Kickback hasn't it?

Its sure has - first the money poured in for the Big Flag, then the huge love in and peace for all after 19 May. Then this - and once again the support pulled together. I was not a regular poster on JKB until recently - some people put me off - but now its one of the 1st sites I check each night.

Love Hearts, Love Hearts Fans, Love JKB!

Archived