Fun Day - Volunteers Required

JAMBO.LOU

I have been on the phone to Hearts this morning about the possibility of hosting a family fun day. They have given me the go ahead, just need to confirm dates and a few other details - health and safety etc - but at the moment its all looking good.

Hearts have agreed that the cup could be there for photo's for a period of time and I have spoke to a photographer who will donate her time and the prints.

I am going to be phoning round today looking for people to donate their services but thought i would come to kickback first. If you, or you know someone who could help please let me know.

I am looking for :

face painters

hair braiders

clowns

balloon modelling

arts and crafts people to set up tables making things

groups to put on short displays

home bakers

tombola prizes

raffle prizes

also open to ideas from anyone for things to be included in the day.

Was also thinking about having a Jambo Santa arriving - anyone want to be Santa for a day?

I am hoping to get players past and present to attend and maybe do autographs/photos.

I understand it may be hard for people to commit to anything without a date in place but just wanted to get the ball rolling.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am of little use for any of the categories you listed but if you need extra hands just to help out, I would be more than happy to come along.

Wonder if they would allow a beat the goalie or something. Could be a competition between say adults male, females and junior male and females. With a quarter,semi and final. ?5 a go and a signed ball for winners??

Think it would go down well if maybe Henry smith was willing.

thanks for the offers of help - will be in touch with you as soon as we have something concrete in place

thats a great idea jambogee - we are not allowed to use the pitch but could maybe come up with something.

Ah that's kind of what I thought, don't suppose the pitches at the school would be an option?

None of those things fall within my skill set but would definitely bring the wee man along to this sort of thing.

CavySlaveJambo

Ah that's kind of what I thought, don't suppose the pitches at the school would be an option?

Community pitch?

Community pitch?

Yeah that would be perfect.

I cannie play football to save myself but would love to help out with this if it gets the go ahead.

I can be a clown if needed, i have too kids of my own so i constantly act like a clown to keep them amused anyway.

I'm crap at most of the above, with the exception possibly of some baking. However, I'm happy to muck in as an extra pair of hands dependent on the date.

Community pitch?

does anyone know who i would contact to ask about this - do we own it?

Myself and a friend can help with the baking.

Thats excellent- will be in touch as soon as dates confirmed

What will happen regarding people buying drinks and things?

With it being a family fun day there will be no alcohol available - for juices etc i am hoping to recieve donations which can be sold along with home baking.

You could ask the club to set up the Speedcage?

I'd happily come to assist with that...

What is the speedcage? I will ask them and thanks for offering to help with it.

to everyone else that has offered to help - thank you very much I will be in touch soon

get the big wonga balls out for races say ?10 per head per race fastest time or winner gets a prize donated by fans ball/top etc

I thought hearty harry went to africa

on a different line , I once hired the actual costume of Hearty Harry and paraded in it at a fifty party !!!! Hilarious shoes were massive !!!!

Okay a few things, the best person to contact about Community Pitch is Alan White - [email protected]

The speedcage is a speed camera basically to test how fast someone can hit a shot we've used at a few community events in the past it's a good laugh.

The wonga balls are out of use, as they were badly damaged over last season and new ones have not been sent.

:)

I'm crap at most of the above, with the exception possibly of some baking. However, I'm happy to muck in as an extra pair of hands dependent on the date.

This. :thumb:

Same as above for me.

If the cash dash balls are out of use what about the house window affair that was the half time entertainment at the recent home game? If the community pitch gets the go-ahead you could have that at 1 end and the penalty shoot out at the other.

If the cash dash balls are out of use what about the house window affair that was the half time entertainment at the recent home game? If the community pitch gets the go-ahead you could have that at 1 end and the penalty shoot out at the other.

That doesn't actually belong to Hearts either, it's Wetherseals property they brought it specifically for half time and take it to stadiums around the country.

Sergio Garcia

I can bring along Big Calder, huge Scotsman costume character and date dependent on other bookers see if I can get a clown to attend for a few hours.

Thanks everyone - all suggestions are great and much appreciated

we have a confirmed date for the event - Sunday 25th November.

If anyone is free to help out making phonecalls to try arrange some of the above suggestions - I would be very grateful but please let me know what you would be working towards. Last thing we need is 100 clowns turning up, lol

all help and suggestions are gratefully received

If there is an indoor area and dependant on my co performers being available, happy to put on a football show called 'Next Goal's The Winner' which was part of the SPL's reading stars programme in 2009 and 2010 before funding was pulled.

Okay a few things, the best person to contact about Community Pitch is Alan White - [email protected]

The speedcage is a speed camera basically to test how fast someone can hit a shot we've used at a few community events in the past it's a good laugh.

The wonga balls are out of use, as they were badly damaged over last season and new ones have not been sent.

:)

Thanks very much - will send email to alan right away. Will also speak to the club on Monday about speedcage, that sounds great.

to everyone who has offered to help with homebaking, filled rolls etc please send me a pm and let me know what you would be willing to make so I can get an idea of what we will have

If there is an indoor area and dependant on my co performers being available, happy to put on a football show called 'Next Goal's The Winner' which was part of the SPL's reading stars programme in 2009 and 2010 before funding was pulled.

The majority of the event will be held in the gorgie suite - would this be suitable?

Dagger Is Back

Thanks everyone - all suggestions are great and much appreciated

we have a confirmed date for the event - Sunday 25th November.

If anyone is free to help out making phonecalls to try arrange some of the above suggestions - I would be very grateful but please let me know what you would be working towards. Last thing we need is 100 clowns turning up, lol

all help and suggestions are gratefully received

I'd be delighted to donate a free Enjoy-a-Ball party worth ?120 as a raffle prize. In the past we've sold treasure hunt squares at a ?1 a pop for these raisinng hundreds of pounds. Depending on size of venue and if it's suitable we might be able to provide some indoor activities for the kids. If someone wants to give me a call happy to discuss.

The majority of the event will be held in the gorgie suite - would this be suitable?

Absolutely, many of the shows were crammed into the corners of libraries or in classrooms. I have contacted the other two but I am sure that both of them (Celtic and Partick Thistle fans) will be delighted to help. I will PM you once I have confirmation from them.

Connor-The-Jambo
on a different line , I once hired the actual costume of Hearty Harry and paraded in it at a fifty party !!!! Hilarious shoes were massive !!!!

Oh well he didnt go to africa

My wife has a Flamenco Dance School, she is happy to offer a raffle prize of a terms worth of classes (beginners) for two people worth about ?170.00.

I can donate a free nights Hotel accommodation in Jedburgh for your raffle if your interested. The room would be a family room that can take up to 4 persons with breakfast included.

My wife has a Flamenco Dance School, she is happy to offer a raffle prize of a terms worth of classes (beginners) for two people worth about ?170.00.

I can donate a free nights Hotel accommodation in Jedburgh for your raffle if your interested. The room would be a family room that can take up to 4 persons with breakfast included.

Fantastic prizes - thank you very much to you both xx

From Perth to Paisley

I'd definately bring the wee man along.

I'd like to think I could help with some of the other stuff as well, although my other half might me better off at the baking than me!

What time is the event planned for?

I was thinking 12-4 its not set in stone at the moment so could change if needed

I'd definately bring the wee man along.

I'd like to think I could help with some of the other stuff as well, although my other half might me better off at the baking than me!

any help would be gratefully recieved - even if its trying to organise kids entertainers etc

Sergio Garcia

I was thinking 12-4 its not set in stone at the moment so could change if needed

Thanks just trying to sort transport and stuff

Thanks just trying to sort transport and stuff

Thanks very much sergio - if you could let me know as soon as possible if this is confirmed

I have been on the phone to Hearts this morning about the possibility of hosting a family fun day. They have given me the go ahead, just need to confirm dates and a few other details - health and safety etc - but at the moment its all looking good.

Hearts have agreed that the cup could be there for photo's for a period of time and I have spoke to a photographer who will donate her time and the prints.

I am going to be phoning round today looking for people to donate their services but thought i would come to kickback first. If you, or you know someone who could help please let me know.

I am looking for :

face painters

hair braiders

clowns

balloon modelling

arts and crafts people to set up tables making things

groups to put on short displays

home bakers

tombola prizes

raffle prizes

also open to ideas from anyone for things to be included in the day.

Was also thinking about having a Jambo Santa arriving - anyone want to be Santa for a day?

I am hoping to get players past and present to attend and maybe do autographs/photos.

I understand it may be hard for people to commit to anything without a date in place but just wanted to get the ball rolling.

Left my name and number with the store this afternoon to volunteer my services for anything required, but if you are needing any volunteers for anything please do not hesitate to PM me for my details, willing to help anyway I can.

Left my name and number with the store this afternoon to volunteer my services for anything required, but if you are needing any volunteers for anything please do not hesitate to PM me for my details, willing to help anyway I can.

sent you a pm ben

Sergio Garcia

Thanks very much sergio - if you could let me know as soon as possible if this is confirmed

The costume character is a definite. Still waiting to hear back from the clown

I have been overwhelmed with the offers of help - thanks to you all.

does anyone on jkb know of anyone who does face painting, balloon modelling, puppeteers, bouncy castles - who may be willing to donate their services for the day??

The costume character is a definite. Still waiting to hear back from the clown

excellent - thank you sergio garcia. will keep fingers crossed for the clown x

Archived