Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I think this may be the first time a member of the public decides if they have been a victim of a crime.

And this is merely accepted.

Then if the prosecution threshold has not been met, it gets recorded against you and kept on file.

Thats madness .

If it's done repearedly, that's harrassment.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Thats kind of the point- if I get reported, but have not committed a crime, it still gets logged against me as a hate incident.

Sorry, the police should not have the authority to decide that.

i am either guilty of a crime or I’m not.

guilt / innocence 

that is the bedrock.

not “secret watch list “ as a third option .

Yep 👍 

Lord Montpelier
39 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

The SNP have completely lost the plot since Salmond resigned as leader. A recent poll suggests that they will win 41 seats at the next British election. I don't believe it. Everyone's one I know, including Independence supporters like me utterly detest the SNP and will never vote for them again.

100% this. 

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

100% this. 

Trying to create a utopian inclusive dreamland in a country that has singularly failed to integrate its Irish population after 500 years was always going to be a challenge .

Doing it by using thought policing by employers, and weaponising legislation to suppress ideas the state disapproves of , and the police reborn as tools of state oppression ( forgetting the nations history in the miners strikes) is utter stupidity.

So Humza will have hate incidents recorded against him, as will numerous others, because the bill is ridiculous .

JudyJudyJudy

Some arguing that the HCA is the same as in Englandm, " so whats the problem"? .  Wrong

In England it has been ruled unlawful to record non crime hate incidents(in other words something that isn't a crime but offends the permanently offended) In England you can't be potentially prosecuted for something you say in the privacy of your own home (dwelling defence)

frankblack
3 hours ago, Gundermann said:

One shot is from ACH in Zoom meeting.

One is the former LibDem CEO on Twitter.

One is The Times.

Hardly SNP blogs.

:jj_facepalm:

I get that you'd vote for anyone to stop the SNP winning Edin West, your choice, but don't make out that ACH is something he's not. He's an odious wee nyaff.

IIRC someone got axed for having a grudge, which I think covers all your sources.  

The way politics works the press don't let go when they have a story until the politician is taken down.  Michael Matheson being a prime example.

I don't know the guy's personal life (or care about it) but go with what he does in his constituency.

The SNP let the constituency down when they had control.  They shut their local office and disappeared. That is why they get kept out in Edinburgh West.

frankblack
48 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Thats kind of the point- if I get reported, but have not committed a crime, it still gets logged against me as a hate incident.

guilt / innocence 

that is the bedrock.

That sounds like a direct conflict with the Data Protection Act.  Notably, the "right to be forgotten".

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Rowling let's rip. Well done her. 

Read the rest of the tweets she really goes for it ! 

JudyJudyJudy

Im hoping this isnt an April food. I pointed the exact thing a week or so ago.

GKEEYnHX0AAHVMa.jpg

GKEFwHKXgAAgEBo.jpg

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

guilt / innocence 

that is the bedrock.

Ah ok - I misunderstood your post.   In your scenario above though, your identity would only be noted if the "victim" could actually describe to the police your name and/or address.     Even online, "doctor jambo" doesn't reveal your identity unless the police somehow have the time and technical skills to unmask you.   So unless you're planning to get into a  very heated argument with a neighbour or friend or work associate  or family member where you make derisory remarks about their religion/ethnicity/gender/sexual orientation etc then I think you're pretty safe.

While I agree that this law isn't popular for various reasons, it seems quite likely to tie up police resource in investigating incidents which turn out not to be  relevant to the intended aim of the law.      Meanwhile the inability to get  the police to attend a burglary or car theft  promptly will continue.

henrysmithsgloves
2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Ah ok - I misunderstood your post.   In your scenario above though, your identity would only be noted if the "victim" could actually describe to the police your name and/or address.     Even online, "doctor jambo" doesn't reveal your identity unless the police somehow have the time and technical skills to unmask you.   So unless you're planning to get into a  very heated argument with a neighbour or friend or work associate  or family member where you make derisory remarks about their religion/ethnicity/gender/sexual orientation etc then I think you're pretty safe.

While I agree that this law isn't popular for various reasons, it seems quite likely to tie up police resource in investigating incidents which turn out not to be  relevant to the intended aim of the law.      Meanwhile the inability to get  the police to attend a burglary or car theft  promptly will continue.

th-553391472.jpg

5 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Many in the Scottish electorate seem to have a need to be told what to do, and the SNP fill this desire. 

And I'm sure from today the same people in that electorate will be thankful for the SNP telling them what they are allowed to think and say - and giving them powers to make sure others only think and say the same things as them. 

Scotland has become a cultural bin fire under SNP / Green rule. 

This is a huge part of the problem with the Scots. 

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, Carter said:

This is a huge part of the problem with the Scots. 

When encouraged to be dependent entirely on the state for everything , some may see independent thought as a  small sacrifice .

As the state expands and intrudes into more of your lives , why be surprised it intrudes into your opinions ?

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The highlight 

Is that prick going to build more prisons to cope with the increase in incarceration he will no doubt crave? 

The man is a ****ing disgrace. Him and his terrorist sympathising abomination of a wife. 

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

th-553391472.jpg

😃

Deep Statey, Dark Webby .....  sounds like a person of interest to Liz Truss 😏

frankblack
5 minutes ago, Carter said:

Is that prick going to build more prisons to cope with the increase in incarceration he will no doubt crave? 

The man is a ****ing disgrace. Him and his terrorist sympathising abomination of a wife. 

The Nationalists have probably just reported you to the Police for that comment. 😆

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

The Nationalists have probably just reported you to the Police for that comment. 😆

He is a disgrace and she is a terrorist sympathiser though 🤷‍♂️

Lone Striker

Where in the hate spectrum do the words "Hun" and "Fenian"  rank now ?  Especially when they're sung by a several thousand glory hunters at the fitba'.

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Where in the hate spectrum do the words "Hun" and "Fenian"  rank now ?  Especially when they're sung by a several thousand glory hunters at the fitba'.

Soon know at the weekend 

JudyJudyJudy
29 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No doubt . 

Gundermann
6 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I think this may be the first time a member of the public decides if they have been a victim of a crime.

And this is merely accepted.

Then if the prosecution threshold has not been met, it gets recorded against you and kept on file.

Thats madness .

No, the offence isn't recorded against the alleged perpetrator. The complainant may be kept on file but if anything, that would help deter daft complaints.

Anyway, why is this subject on the Indy thread? This isn't a constitutional matter and is supported by all parties, save one or two malcontents.

JudyJudyJudy

The JK tweet already has 29,000 likes and 8000 retweets . So that’s possibly 37000 who can be reported and charged / arrested . Humza your gonna have to build a bigger jail sann

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Gundermann said:

No, the offence isn't recorded against the alleged perpetrator. The complainant may be kept on file but if anything, that would help deter daft complaints.

Anyway, why is this subject on the Indy thread? This isn't a constitutional matter and is supported by all parties, save one or two malcontents.

Wrong again . Deflection again . Good try . 

Gundermann
38 minutes ago, Carter said:

Get this so far to ***.

Gundermann
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Wrong again . Deflection again . Good try . 

Hardly.

Mods, any chance of a tidy up here? This has nowt to do with thread title.

Gundermann
4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Trying to create a utopian inclusive dreamland in a country that has singularly failed to integrate its Irish population after 500 years was always going to be a challenge .

Doing it by using thought policing by employers, and weaponising legislation to suppress ideas the state disapproves of , and the police reborn as tools of state oppression ( forgetting the nations history in the miners strikes) is utter stupidity.

So Humza will have hate incidents recorded against him, as will numerous others, because the bill is ridiculous .

:cornette_dog:

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Gundermann said:

Hardly.

It has everything to do with Indy . It’s a policy driven by the SNP who are the main drivers of Indy . Its give us a glimpse into what an Indy Scotland would be like . The mods will decide what is appropriate and not you . How very fascist and SNP of you to silence opposing views to your own .  We see you . 

4 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Get this so far to ***.

You're having a nightmare on this thread son. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Carter said:

Unreal eh? 

manaliveits105
36 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That's the moral fibre of nationalists these days - sleekit 

Lone Striker
6 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Hardly.

Err.... it is relevant to the thread title. 

Its because of devolution that ScotGov can introduce its own laws (whether we like them or not). 

Gundermann
6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It has everything to do with Indy . It’s a policy driven by the SNP who are the main drivers of Indy . Its give us a glimpse into what an Indy Scotland would be like . The mods will decide what is appropriate and not you . How very fascist and SNP of you to silence opposing views to your own .  We see you . 

No. I'm very content for you to bump yer gums. I'm just saying, do it in the correct thread.

Half of those MSPs who voted for it aren't pro-indy FFS.

Gundermann
2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Err.... it is relevant to the thread title. 

Its because of devolution that ScotGov can introduce its own laws (whether we like them or not). 

Devolution is not independence.

doctor jambo
7 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

:cornette_dog:

True though.

This perception of Scotland as tolerant and inclusive is odd.

Some of us are , but there is a

massive nasty under belly that Scotgov won’t address.

Easier to slate folks for biological reality than 60,000 goons in a stadium.

frankblack
Just now, Gundermann said:

Devolution is not independence.

Thread title is "Scottish independence and devolution superthread". 👍

Gundermann
8 minutes ago, Carter said:

It's kind of pleasing to see the HCA wind up the usual types.

::troll::

JudyJudyJudy

No. I'm very content for you to bump yer gums. I'm just saying, do it in the correct thread.

Half of those MSPs who voted for it aren't pro-indy FFS.

What bit don’t you understand ? It was driven by the SNP with the greens . 2 Indy parties 

Gundermann
Just now, frankblack said:

Thread title is "Scottish independence and devolution superthread". 👍

Not HCA thread though.

4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

guilt / innocence 

that is the bedrock.

Spot on. 

Scotland is an incredibly tolerant country. Only big problem is Sectarianism, which I really don't think this legislation is geared towards tackling. It seems a reaction to the culture wars nonsense with the GRA and this obsession that politicians have with using Trans people as a political football - absolutely nobody gave a shit about trans folk 5-10 years ago, but now folk like Sturgeon and her corruption of the SNP have put them front and centre and now advocating for womens right to single sex spaces is some kind of ****ing hate crime. 

I'm a nationalist, always have been and always will be. One of my biggest sources of pride of that, was that under Salmond we got things right. I cannot say that anymore. Under Sturgeon and Humza things have went to such a ridiculous level anyone wavvering on Independence would have every right to go to the no camp because of these ****witts and their divisive nonsense. 

doctor jambo
12 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Hardly.

Does though .

A snap look into what Indy Scot would look like.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

The highlight 

I don't hate the man, I don't know him at all but I disagree with his stance on this bill, I disagree with his defence of anyone who criticises him is doing it because they're racist, I disagree with his stance on gender recognition, I disagree with his stance on Palestine and I disagree with his excuses on why his government is failing.

I don't disagree with him because he is a Muslim, I don't disagree with him because of his colour, I disagree with him because I believe he is incompetent, I believe he is weak, I believe he is poor at his job and i believe he does exactly what his wife and others, such as greens, tell him to do.

A spineless jellyfish of a man who has a chip on both shoulders.

manaliveits105
Just now, doctor jambo said:

True though.

This perception of Scotland as tolerant and inclusive is odd.

Some of us are , but there is a

massive nasty under belly that Scotgov won’t address.

Easier to slate folks for biological reality than 60,000 goons in a stadium.

Scotlands shame ignored by Holyrood and the Weegia 

doctor jambo

Usual types is stirring up hatred against a group.

Thats a crime now 😁

JudyJudyJudy

Best take a break from this thread . Your digging  bigger hole for yourself