Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

Susan striving to sound Scoattish as feck then calls is "whiskey".

That about sums these dolts up.

:rofl:

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

I know 😂Braveheart Scot’s 

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

I assume she couldn't read the label.

JDK2020
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I assume she couldn't read the label.

Maybe if it was in "our national language" gaelic she's have fared better?

JudyJudyJudy

And the gravy train keeps going choo choo 🚂 and what do they even mean an “ snp win” are they contesting every British seat ? 

IMG_8010.jpeg

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

frankblack
9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

And the gravy train keeps going choo choo 🚂 

IMG_8010.jpeg

Another humiliation in the Supreme Court awaits these roasters. :rofl:

Lord Montpelier
13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

And the gravy train keeps going choo choo 🚂 and what do they even mean an “ snp win” are they contesting every British seat ? 

IMG_8010.jpeg

The thought of Scotland embarrassing itself further by sending an "envoy", probably someone like Robison, to Brussells should make anyone vote tactically to kick these clowns out

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Another humiliation in the Supreme Court awaits these roasters. :rofl:

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

The thought of Scotland embarrassing itself further by sending an "envoy", probably someone like Robison, to Brussells should make anyone vote tactically to kick these clowns out

It’s becoming even more farcical .  . 

manaliveits105

As the snp have completely hibsed any indyref possibilty the EU have switched the light aff already 

JDK2020
34 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

The SNP can't even send anybody down to WM without them giving every appearance of being bumbling teuchters let out for a day in the big city. 

Australis
54 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_8010.jpeg

Will spark preparations for ending the Union?

Thought the promised referendum on the 19th of October last year was going to do that.

Big hitters like Salmond and Sturgeon couldn't get Indy.

It's now left to a clown who has problems with white people 98% of our population and also has problems with females 50% of our population.

He is being found out big time as his own nationalists are abandoning the clown

JudyJudyJudy
45 minutes ago, Australis said:

Will spark preparations for ending the Union?

Thought the promised referendum on the 19th of October last year was going to do that.

Big hitters like Salmond and Sturgeon couldn't get Indy.

It's now left to a clown who has problems with white people 98% of our population and also has problems with females 50% of our population.

He is being found out big time as his own nationalists are abandoning the clown

Good posting . 👍

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_8010.jpeg

The dead carrot sketch - Wings Over Scotland

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

The SNP can't even send anybody down to WM without them giving every appearance of being bumbling teuchters let out for a day in the big city. 

It does give the appearance of a village idiots day out at times. 

Dirty Deeds

I think we're at least 10 years from a future Independence referendum and Labour need to mess up at both Westminster and Holyrood for that to happen.

The devolution referendums were 18 years apart and this would mean 20 years between independence referendums so feels about right timeline wise.

Imagine, another decade of this thread 🤣

manaliveits105

Cant wait to see who the poisoned chalice is passed to after Humza 

manaliveits105

Aw somebody still a mammys boy after all - bless. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

As the snp have completely hibsed any indyref possibilty the EU have switched the light aff already 

Did Nicola no “ leave a candle “ on when we left the EU ? Now that was cringey 😬 

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Aw somebody still a mammys boy after all - bless. 

He’s hard core . 

Cranston
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Cant wait to see who the poisoned chalice is passed to after Humza 

Joanna Cherry would be my candidate. A common sense, middle ground, heid screwed on front facing, down to earth person, who would galvanise the Snp Independence movement, away from the Greens and their madness.

JudyJudyJudy

Looks like Susan got stuck into that charity bottle of whiskey ( sic) and was loving the “ ted talk” from oor Nicola . 

poor Nicola , one minutes your rubbing shoulders and trying to photo bomb Joe Biden et al next your doing a gig at Shettleston  to a bunch of piss heids . C’est la vie . 

https://x.com/susanas4321/status/1775990196409913720?s=46&t=Uyg6zS_aUfEwlXY6vOoxzQ

IMG_8013.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Balanced article by independence leaning journo which I think accurately describes the current state if affairs of the SNPeeee and Indy movement 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/viewpoint/24234926.yes-movement-snp-not-prepared-crushing-blow-ahead/

Yes it was an interesting read . It works def be a massive shock if Labour had a majority of Scottish MPs . That would be a seismic shift . I also agree with the assessment that like the Tories , SNP have just been too long in governance . People maybe just want a change . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

i wish jj was my dad
8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I'd say there's a strong streak of fiscal conservatism as well. I'm not convinced that the "centre line" of Scottish politics is any more to the left than anywhere else in Europe. 

I don't think it is. I probably agree that Scotland is a relatively Conservative country in the true sense of conservatism. Voting patterns pre Thatcher probably supported that but I think that the wider UK electorate has probably shifted right in the subsequent years. Not necessarily a huge shift in the general population but enough for governments of the last 5 years to go further to the right than Thatcher. Scotland just hasn't gone in the same direction. 

Ulysses
6 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I don't think it is. I probably agree that Scotland is a relatively Conservative country in the true sense of conservatism. Voting patterns pre Thatcher probably supported that but I think that the wider UK electorate has probably shifted right in the subsequent years. Not necessarily a huge shift in the general population but enough for governments of the last 5 years to go further to the right than Thatcher. Scotland just hasn't gone in the same direction. 

Sounds like a reasonable assessment to me.

Famous 1874

SNP are finished. Absolutely superb. Hope they get absolutely hammered in the next election.

Imagine how even more ****ed we would be had the idiots actually won the independence referendum. They had absolutely every advantage last time and they still bottled it. 

If there is even another independence referendum then it should require a minimum of 70% for YES to pass. 

JDK2020
38 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

SNP are finished. Absolutely superb. Hope they get absolutely hammered in the next election.

Imagine how even more ****ed we would be had the idiots actually won the independence referendum. They had absolutely every advantage last time and they still bottled it. 

If there is even another independence referendum then it should require a minimum of 70% for YES to pass. 

👍Big style! 

John Findlay
40 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Why?

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Sounds like a reasonable assessment to me.

'Reasonable' isn't awfully popular round these parts

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Fair comment 

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Never change guys...

:lol:

'Fair comment' 🤦

Dawnrazor
16 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Never change guys...

:lol:

🤣👍

Ulysses
1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

'Reasonable' isn't awfully popular round these parts

'Unreasonable' sells better in most places, as far as I can tell.

i wish jj was my dad
37 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

'Unreasonable' sells better in most places, as far as I can tell.

Quite 👆

But if you strip it back I doubt that the extremism that clutters up this board is representative of joe public . I still think most folk in Scotland are sensible enough not to fall for the Tufton Street inspired hysteria.

It takes patience but with grown-up up discussion we can sometimes overcome that nonsense and it has been good to see reasonable debate and respectful disagreement break through these threads in the last couple of days.  Hopefully, we can keep it up. 

Gundermann
12 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

You lot have been saying this for a decade.

Just wonder what your enthusiasm is based on? The recent polls showing 41 seats? Or the numerous election wins in recent years?

Shows how bad Labour is that they can't even take advantage of an SNP that's been mediocre for much of the past few years.

JudyJudyJudy

Sadly that’s all they have to argue about at the next election . They have decked up everything else . 

IMG_8017.jpeg

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

manaliveits105

How about the election being about politicians who are interested in health education and jobs for Scotland and not gobshites on the neverendumb gravy train 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

How about the election being about politicians who are interested in health education and jobs for Scotland and not gobshites on the neverendumb gravy train 

That would be refreshing , but clearly not in their best interests . 

25 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

You lot have been saying this for a decade.

Just wonder what your enthusiasm is based on? The recent polls showing 41 seats? Or the numerous election wins in recent years?

Shows how bad Labour is that they can't even take advantage of an SNP that's been mediocre for much of the past few years.

There's a lot of apathy from independent supporters towards the SNP.

I'm not sure Labour are/will be any better but it's a case of removing the quasi criminal lot from UK government.

The SNP need emptied as well .

Hopefully sort themselves out.

It's still there to be won .

But not under any leadership I can see.

Or un prioritising policy.

They're all shit is the depressing answer.

Roxy Hearts
8 minutes ago, Ked said:

There's a lot of apathy from independent supporters towards the SNP.

I'm not sure Labour are/will be any better but it's a case of removing the quasi criminal lot from UK government.

The SNP need emptied as well .

Hopefully sort themselves out.

It's still there to be won .

But not under any leadership I can seeing

Or un prioritising policy.

They're all shit is the depressing answer.

I'll be voting SNP Ked. They're poor at the moment but I can't bring myself to vote Labour again. Libdems will unfortunately win in Edi West and both their reps are shitehouses. 

Politics in the UK is brutal. Imagine being a "No" voter and seeing what we've become. We would have had Scottish Elections by now, choosing our own governments, creating policies and taking responsibility for everything. What a missed opportunity.

Edited by Roxy Hearts

30 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Sadly that’s all they have to argue about at the next election . They have decked up everything else . 

IMG_8017.jpeg

Scottish National Party in declaration of its flagship policy.

The trouble is they haven't been arguing for it.

They're in tailspins with other topics.

And when any discussion about the merits and structure of independence take place on this it just fizzles back to the punch and Judy (pardon the pun darling )stuff.

I thought you wanted independence?

You must have had your reasons?

Things have deteriorated UK wise and look likely to continue.

2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'll be voting SNP Ked. They're poor at the moment but I can't bring myself to vote Labour again. Libdems will unfortunately win in Edi West and both their reps are shitehouses. 

Politics in the UK is brutal. Imagine being a "No" voter and seeing what we've become. Would have had Scottish Elections by now choosing our own governments, creating policies and taking responsibility for everything. What a missed opportunity.

Meanwhile staying on board a sinking ship.

Just think we have a better chance getting Labour in.

If the Tories get in again the thievery will continue and standards drop.

I know there's always scandal but it's endemic for the last decade and no standards or even embarrassment. 

But I won't be surprised if the Tories Squeak in.

AyrJambo
On 01/04/2024 at 15:19, JudyJudyJudy said:

It has everything to do with Indy . It’s a policy driven by the SNP who are the main drivers of Indy . Its give us a glimpse into what an Indy Scotland would be like . The mods will decide what is appropriate and not you . How very fascist and SNP of you to silence opposing views to your own .  We see you . 

On 01/04/2024 at 15:54, Carter said:

Very good. It'll be the final nail in the coffin for the SNP and the Independence movement by extension. This is a massive overreach. They've shit the bed here and I suspect deep down you know that's the case.

How many times do I need to point this fallacy out?

The SNP are not drivers of independence they are actually the brakes

They are wholly devolutionist even going back to the "gradualism" of the Salmond era and under Sturgeon/Yousaf this is even more apparent

The Independence movement is NOT the SNP no matter how much the SNP would have you believe this

On 02/04/2024 at 06:54, Boris said:

That would be the elected governments fault and not holyrood per se to blame? Regards division, rabid Tories and the SNP have helped that along. again, not holyrood as an institution to blame. Imo.

Ask why the electorate vote for these parties then? What attracts voters to elect them? Not devolutions fault.

Btw, if no devolution previously, and given the SNPs dominance, Scotland would ironically now be independent.

Devolution is actually preventing independence.

Exactly as it was intended to do by the Labour unionists

On 02/04/2024 at 15:53, Boris said:

I'd say there is a route, as has been proven already with the 2014 referendum, so a precedent has been set at least in Scottish terms.

Wales, Northern Ireland, both may well at some point decide to leave - as may England!  Who knows how demented the Tories/Reform could become!

Wait until the presidential elections in November to see how revolting the US could be!

An S30 order is no route to independence

A referendum under S30 is consultative, conditional and non-binding for the UK

It has no legal or constitutional effect other than what the UK decides is it's legal or constitutional effect

https://peterabell.scot/2024/04/03/why-s30-spells-disaster-for-scotlands-cause/

On 03/04/2024 at 14:22, Horatio Caine said:

...in a Tory free zone hopefully

If you mean the UK as a Tory-free zone then that is government by the red Tories since Labour cannot get themselves elected in England without adopting Tory policies

And even then it will mean a few years of Starmer's Tory-lite before the real ones get back to power

If you mean Scotland as a Tory-free zone then see above - what difference would having no Tories in Scotland make if we are still in UK?

Edited by AyrJambo

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Ked said:

thought you wanted independence?

You must have had your reasons

Ill

answer that more fully later on as I’m heading to paisley ! ( if I get back alive ) 

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Ked said:

Scottish National Party in declaration of its flagship policy.

The trouble is they haven't been arguing for it.

They're in tailspins with other topics.

And when any discussion about the merits and structure of independence take place on this it just fizzles back to the punch and Judy (pardon the pun darling )stuff.

I thought you wanted independence?

You must have had your reasons?

Things have deteriorated UK wise and look likely to continue.

Ps thanks for calling me “ darling “ no been called that in a while 😎

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Ill

answer that more fully later on as I’m heading to paisley ! ( if I get back alive ) 

It's sound enough.

Enjoy .

Maybe you will bump into aussieh 

Australis
17 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Politics in the UK is brutal. Imagine being a "No" voter and seeing what we've become. We would have had Scottish Elections by now, choosing our own governments, creating policies and taking responsibility for everything. What a missed opportunity.

The bit about choosing our own government.

Once we get independence you don't have to vote SNP people keep saying.

Lots see that as the problem.

If voters turned on the nationalists it would be because they had fecked Indy up and couldn't make it a success.

The other parties know it would be a disaster. Promises that never come to fruition as the people who said they would lie low and hide.

Labour, Tories, LibDems not interested in getting the blame and having to fix the mess, knowing it would be impossible that the SNP would inevitably leave.