Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

I could copy and paste a list of the SNPs complete shitshow in government at Holyrood.

You can google it yourself.  They are a national joke and an embarrassment to Scotland.

- The Cost of Living crisis might have something to do with Putin and the push to shut down nuclear and coal power with no backup.  No? 

- The SNP hasn't met its housebuilding targets or anything close.

- The SNP are in charge of the NHS in Scotland so should own up to their mismanagement of it.

- I'm curious how the UK or Scotland can make an impact on climate change while the biggest countries far far larger than us increase emissions exponentially?

50-FAILURES.pdf (scottishlabour.org.uk)

101 Failures of the SNP in Government (scottishconservatives.com)

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

I could copy and paste a list of the SNPs complete shitshow in government at Holyrood.

You can google it yourself.  They are a national joke and an embarrassment to Scotland.

- The Cost of Living crisis might have something to do with Putin and the push to shut down nuclear and coal power with no backup.  No? 

- The SNP hasn't met its housebuilding targets or anything close.

- The SNP are in charge of the NHS in Scotland so should own up to their mismanagement of it.

- I'm curious how the UK or Scotland can make an impact on climate change while the biggest countries far far larger than us increase emissions exponentially?

QED

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, Gizmo said:
  1. Cost of Living Crisis: The mounting cost of living crisis has been a pressing concern for millions of people in Britain. It’s not a sudden development; rather, it’s a result of policies over the past decade that turned the welfare state into a complex web of trapdoors and tripwires. Factors like benefit cuts, dire treatment of disabled individuals, and chronic insecurity in the job market have contributed to this crisis1.

2. Brexit Costs: The aftermath of Brexit has been tumultuous. The UK’s departure from the European Union has led to billions lost in GDP due to trade disruptions, regulatory changes, and increased bureaucracy. The economic impact continues to reverberate across various sectors.

3. Liz Truss and Pensions: The collapse of pensions under the leadership of Liz Truss has raised serious concerns. Pension funds have faced challenges, affecting retirees’ financial security with the Bank of England stepping in to prevent a complete collapse.

4. Sewage Pollution: The issue of sewage flowing freely into the sea is an environmental disaster. It poses risks to marine ecosystems, public health, and tourism. Urgent measures are needed to address this problem.

5. Zero-Hours Contracts: The rise of zero-hours contracts has contributed to job insecurity and financial instability for workers. Many people are employed but still rely on food banks due to low wages and irregular work hours.

6. Austerity Measures: Austerity policies implemented after the 2008 financial crisis have had lasting effects. Cuts to public services, social programs, and welfare support have disproportionately impacted vulnerable populations.

7. Toxic Political Discourse: The language used by politicians when discussing benefits, poverty, and work has become increasingly divisive. The focus shifted from helping those in need to stigmatizing recipients of welfare.

8. Housing Crisis: The UK faces a severe shortage of affordable housing. Skyrocketing property prices, inadequate social housing, and homelessness remain critical issues.

9. Healthcare Strain: The National Health Service (NHS) has been under immense strain, exacerbated by the pandemic. Staff shortages, long waiting times, and funding challenges persist.

10. Climate Change and Flooding: The UK experiences more frequent and severe flooding due to climate change. Infrastructure vulnerabilities and inadequate flood defenses pose risks to communities.

Just a few of the utter bonfire shitshow problems of the UK in the last 10-15 years, and here we are nailed to the dying carcase of this sinking, stinking, burning turd as the politicians wheel ever further right. 

Still, SmugPaul gets to have his cake and eat it because, despite the UK government ramping taxes to their highest level since WWII whilst simultaneously shredding public services and gutting the NHS, he gets to blame the Scottish Government for it all, proving that devolution was well worth it as it protects unionists from cognitive dissonance; they will always have a convenient target for their ire, whether justified or misdirected.  

I reckon ten years of Tory rule in Scotland will see all Scotland's problems fixed because as we all know, England is the land of milk & honey, where everything works perfectly. If the only people would stop voting SNP it'd all be great in no time : houses would be built, the NHS would be fixed , etc, etc. 

In the meantime there's this dissonance that sees an almost complete rejection of unionist parties (plural) and at the same time a refusal to vote for independence because it's better to be shackled to a failing UK economy than take charge.  Unionists actually prefer the steady decline assured by remaining in the UK to anything else. 

JudyJudyJudy
40 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'll vote Labour again and it will all be Barry! Mon the SNP!

IMG_7579.gif

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_7579.gif

Couldn't give a shiney shite. Had a nice wee Friday and off to East Lothian for the weekend. Barry!

BlueRiver
2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Couldn't give a shiney shite. Had a nice wee Friday and off to East Lothian for the weekend. Barry!

Aw christ what have we done to deserve to this 😢 

manaliveits105

Humza Yousaf ‘less popular than Nicola Sturgeon after a year’

Poll finds former FM still viewed more favourably than her successor as he is accused of having ‘no vision, no strategy and no plan’

Humza Yousaf remains less popular than his predecessor Nicola Sturgeon despite her arrest by police investigating the SNP’s finances, according to a poll conducted a year after he replaced her.

IMG_3717.jpeg

Lord Montpelier
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Poll finds former FM still viewed more favourably than her successor as he is accused of having ‘no vision, no strategy and no plan’

Humza Yousaf remains less popular than his predecessor Nicola Sturgeon despite her arrest by police investigating the SNP’s finances, according to a poll conducted a year after he replaced her.

IMG_3717.jpeg

He's found an impressive new level of mediocrity.  Suspect even the most devout cultists know he's a failure

Jim_Duncan
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

IMG_3717.jpeg

Popularity: white. 

Seymour M Hersh
34 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Popularity: white. 

He's definitely less white than Sturgeon. 

Jim_Duncan
39 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He's definitely less white than Sturgeon. 

Bet she's handier on a scooter, too.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Bet she's handier on a scooter, too.

I think high end German motorhomes are more her thing. 

Roxy Hearts
9 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

Aw christ what have we done to deserve to this 😢 

Buy you a pint BR 🍻

frankblack
15 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'll vote Labour again and it will all be Barry! Mon the SNP!

So, I take it none of the issues listed such as mismanagement of the NHS in Scotland concern you about voting SNP?

- Increased waiting lists for treatment including cancer.

- Deteriorating ambulance response times endangering health.  Just hope you never need to call one.

- Lack of NHS dentists and reduction in service from half yearly checkups to a year if you are lucky enough to be registered.

You seem happy to vote for these chancers.  Perhaps you can elaborate on what exactly they have done to merit that confidence other than blame others for their mess?

Roxy Hearts
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

So, I take it none of the issues listed such as mismanagement of the NHS in Scotland concern you about voting SNP?

- Increased waiting lists for treatment including cancer.

- Deteriorating ambulance response times endangering health.  Just hope you never need to call one.

- Lack of NHS dentists and reduction in service from half yearly checkups to a year if you are lucky enough to be registered.

You seem happy to vote for these chancers.  Perhaps you can elaborate on what exactly they have done to merit that confidence other than blame others for their mess?

Nope. Worse under the rest I would expect. That's democracy and opinions for you. I also absolutely loathe Cole-Hamilton and Jardine!

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Lack of NHS dentists and reduction in service from half yearly checkups to a year if you are lucky enough to be registered.

As well as the other things you mentioned this really concerns me . Dental check ups are invaluable as they cancel detect early cancers as well as other diseases too . 

frankblack
13 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Nope. Worse under the rest I would expect. That's democracy and opinions for you. I also absolutely loathe Cole-Hamilton and Jardine!

So, you are not voting based on any educated analysis.   The SNP's record at Holyrood is significantly worse than the previous Labour-led coalition.

Cole-Hamilton and Jardine aren't responsible for the SNP shitshow at Holyrood.  They both work hard for the community, which was noticably absent when the SNP ran Edinburgh West.  As soon as they got elected they shut their office in Corstorphine and ****ed off.

Roxy Hearts
41 minutes ago, frankblack said:

So, you are not voting based on any educated analysis.   The SNP's record at Holyrood is significantly worse than the previous Labour-led coalition.

Cole-Hamilton and Jardine aren't responsible for the SNP shitshow at Holyrood.  They both work hard for the community, which was noticably absent when the SNP ran Edinburgh West.  As soon as they got elected they shut their office in Corstorphine and ****ed off.

I can't be as educated as you and I must vote like you do, correct? I've voted SNP for decades and of course they've messed up, but which party hasn't.

I don't trust Labour and Tories as they've proved over my lifetime that they're hopeless! Libdems are an irrelevance nationwide.

Have a good day FB. I've just had a big bowl of Cullen Skink and a pint of Tennant's.

Roxy Hearts
49 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I can't be as educated as you and I must vote like you do, correct? I've voted SNP for decades and of course they've messed up, but which party hasn't.

I don't trust Labour and Tories as they've proved over my lifetime that they're hopeless! Libdems are an irrelevance nationwide.

Have a good day FB. I've just had a big bowl of Cullen Skink and a pint of Tennant's.

Edited by Roxy Hearts
Dp

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

IMG_4047.gif

Nucky Thompson
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

He only hates Jardine and Cole Hamilton because they keep the SNP out of Edinburgh West.

Like you say, you never see the SNP

The Lid Dems are around the doors every month talking to people

frankblack
3 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

That is one thing we agree on. 👍

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I change my vote if the party I vote for doesn't deliver I vote for another party.

3 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Much like the SNP then?

frankblack
24 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

He only hates Jardine and Cole Hamilton because they keep the SNP out of Edinburgh West.

Correct.  Once they get your vote they disappear without trace.

Roxy Hearts
53 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

27 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Correct.  Once they get your vote they disappear without trace.

Enjoy your evening gents. Democracy is great and you've valid opinions like mine. 👍 

frankblack
21 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Enjoy your evening gents. Democracy is great and you've valid opinions like mine. 👍 

I'm enjoying a couple of beers to wipe the memory of what I witnessed second half. 👍

Roxy Hearts
Just now, frankblack said:

I'm enjoying a couple of beers to wipe the memory of what I witnessed second half. 👍

😅👍

TallPaul
On 29/03/2024 at 18:00, Gizmo said:
  1. Cost of Living Crisis: The mounting cost of living crisis has been a pressing concern for millions of people in Britain. It’s not a sudden development; rather, it’s a result of policies over the past decade that turned the welfare state into a complex web of trapdoors and tripwires. Factors like benefit cuts, dire treatment of disabled individuals, and chronic insecurity in the job market have contributed to this crisis1.

2. Brexit Costs: The aftermath of Brexit has been tumultuous. The UK’s departure from the European Union has led to billions lost in GDP due to trade disruptions, regulatory changes, and increased bureaucracy. The economic impact continues to reverberate across various sectors.

3. Liz Truss and Pensions: The collapse of pensions under the leadership of Liz Truss has raised serious concerns. Pension funds have faced challenges, affecting retirees’ financial security with the Bank of England stepping in to prevent a complete collapse.

4. Sewage Pollution: The issue of sewage flowing freely into the sea is an environmental disaster. It poses risks to marine ecosystems, public health, and tourism. Urgent measures are needed to address this problem.

5. Zero-Hours Contracts: The rise of zero-hours contracts has contributed to job insecurity and financial instability for workers. Many people are employed but still rely on food banks due to low wages and irregular work hours.

6. Austerity Measures: Austerity policies implemented after the 2008 financial crisis have had lasting effects. Cuts to public services, social programs, and welfare support have disproportionately impacted vulnerable populations.

7. Toxic Political Discourse: The language used by politicians when discussing benefits, poverty, and work has become increasingly divisive. The focus shifted from helping those in need to stigmatizing recipients of welfare.

8. Housing Crisis: The UK faces a severe shortage of affordable housing. Skyrocketing property prices, inadequate social housing, and homelessness remain critical issues.

9. Healthcare Strain: The National Health Service (NHS) has been under immense strain, exacerbated by the pandemic. Staff shortages, long waiting times, and funding challenges persist.

10. Climate Change and Flooding: The UK experiences more frequent and severe flooding due to climate change. Infrastructure vulnerabilities and inadequate flood defenses pose risks to communities.

Just a few of the utter bonfire shitshow problems of the UK in the last 10-15 years, and here we are nailed to the dying carcase of this sinking, stinking, burning turd as the politicians wheel ever further right. 

Still, SmugPaul gets to have his cake and eat it because, despite the UK government ramping taxes to their highest level since WWII whilst simultaneously shredding public services and gutting the NHS, he gets to blame the Scottish Government for it all, proving that devolution was well worth it as it protects unionists from cognitive dissonance; they will always have a convenient target for their ire, whether justified or misdirected.  

Your greeting faced negativity makes me all the smuger 😁

Gundermann
6 hours ago, frankblack said:

CokeHamilton is a psycho. I never see him around my way. Maybe he only visits the 'nicer' areas?

Lib Dems complicit with Labour for the PFI debacle - this is still a millstone around the necks of local authorities. There was a reason why Labour/Lib Dems were kicked out FFS - if they had done that well, they would've retained power. Labour have been in power in Wales for some time now and it's the worst performing home nation on in all the usual domains. With Labour at WM refusing to change course from Tory policy, and the continued hindrance of Brexit, nothing will change if Labour get power in either London or Edinburgh.

frankblack
43 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

CokeHamilton is a psycho. I never see him around my way. Maybe he only visits the 'nicer' areas?

Perhaps you would like to back up those allegations or withdraw what is potentially defamation?

43 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Lib Dems complicit with Labour for the PFI debacle - this is still a millstone around the necks of local authorities. There was a reason why Labour/Lib Dems were kicked out FFS - if they had done that well, they would've retained power. Labour have been in power in Wales for some time now and it's the worst performing home nation on in all the usual domains. With Labour at WM refusing to change course from Tory policy, and the continued hindrance of Brexit, nothing will change if Labour get power in either London or Edinburgh.

PFI was a disaster.  The SNP continued it with the likes of the Sick Kids hospital and signed off a flawed job which was then years late.

Same with the hospital in Glasgow.  That opened and killed patients.

Edited by frankblack

Malinga the Swinga
36 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

The governance of Scotland cannot be worse under Labour than it is under the SNP and the Green party.

They have run their course and deserve to be booted out of office for their failings in education, health, transport, the economy and others.

The only defence you can muster is whataboutery which says it all.

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Gundermann said:

How very Laurence Fox of you.

Jim_Duncan
4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Excellent 

IMG_7899.jpeg

The freedom to be inoffensive is no freedom at all. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

How can anybody vote for the SNPee again? 

i wish jj was my dad

Andrew Neil ? Deary, deary me.

JudyJudyJudy

Suppose it’s always very difficult to hear truth bullets from someone you can’t stand . Eh mousey ? Easier to shoot the messenger . 

JudyJudyJudy
43 minutes ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

How can anybody vote for the SNPee again? 

Usual cultist morons . Blind to anything the cult gets up to . Incredible really . You can see  it clearly on this thread from the usual suspects .

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Usual cultist morons . Blind to anything the cult gets up to . Incredible really . You can see  it clearly on this thread from the usual suspects .

You know it goes both ways? Your obsessive hatred of anyone who leads the SNP is laughable. 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

You know it goes both ways? Your obsessive hatred of anyone who leads the SNP is laughable. 

Glad I give you the giggles . 👍 my day isn’t entirely been wasted . Fabulous . 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Glad I give you the giggles . 👍 my day isn’t entirely been wasted . Fabulous . 

It’s not giggles. More of a resigned snort. 

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

:greggy:

The Mighty Thor
5 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

It would appear that there's no turd too smelly if it validates your own views. 

Andrew Neil is a particular skid mark on the toilet bowl of 'journalism'

16 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Why exactly?  What have either of them done at a constituency level that merits repulsion and hate?

Lord Montpelier
6 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Mind that time he destroyed Sturgeon during interview. 

Quality viewing. 

Dawnrazor
8 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Quality viewing. 

It was to be fair, no wonder Boris shat his pants and gave an interview with him a body swerve.

i wish jj was my dad
33 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Quality viewing. 

Mind that time Marshall paid him a fortune to front his Reform/BNP propaganda channel? 

Not the most impartial of broadcasters is he? 

frankblack
1 hour ago, pablo said:

Why exactly?  What have either of them done at a constituency level that merits repulsion and hate?

They have kept the SNP out of Edinburgh West.  Its that simple for them.

Gundermann
11 hours ago, frankblack said:

Perhaps you would like to back up those allegations or withdraw what is potentially defamation?

PFI was a disaster.  The SNP continued it with the likes of the Sick Kids hospital and signed off a flawed job which was then years late.

Same with the hospital in Glasgow.  That opened and killed patients.

Allegations? It's quite easy to find the dirt on ACH. If I'd done what he'd done, I'd be sacked there and then.

Building the Sick Kids was a bad thing?? I'm aware that there were problems in its construction but you can't compare that to a whole flawed funding scheme that sees LAs saddled with huge debts to private pirates for up to a century. Perhaps if Scotland had all the levers of power that other small nations have, we'd do better.

i've said this before, I'll probably vote SNP not as a ringing endorsement of their politicians or all their policies but because the alternatives are worse. The butt cheeks of Labour and Tory have had their day.

This recent poll would say that Scotland thinks the same. The Tories to be wiped out here and SNP to have 41 seats - a thumping majority and one they'd bite your hand off for given the past few years of negative publicity. If that comes to pass then it's a strong rejection of both Tory and Red Tory by Scots (and I'm aware a majority of seats at WM might not be a numerical majority. Shame Tory and Labour like the current system though). Starmer's cheerleading of Israeli's warcrimes does seem to have come back to bite him. Some 23k Labour members have resigned. Not good in an election year when you want all the money and boots on the street that you can get.