Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

Both camps hindered by the fact that Tommy Sheridan and George Galloway became quite prominent towards the end.

Both complete bell ends.

Are you going to do that all the way up to 32?

Lol

Well this is a football website

I'm kind of hoping for 1 yes and 1 no in the next two declarations....

;-)

Lol

Well this is a football website

I'm kind of hoping for 1 yes and 1 no in the next two declarations....

;-)

If it was Gaelic football I would say we have seen 4 points but no goals as yet

Small council areas reporting, but this is really getting away from Yes.

The four council areas that have reported are running at Yes 42.2%, No 57.8.

In those areas, the two main Yes-supporting parties scored 48.3% (43.2% for the SNP and 5.1% for Green) in 2011. So the Yes vote is running 6 percentage points behind the party support for the SNP and the Greens.

Nationwide, those parties polled 48.4% in 2011. If that 6% differential was maintained, we could be looking at 57-43 or 58-42 for No nationwide. :ninja:

But in big urban areas where people shift addresses frequently, the register can get out of date much more quickly than two years.

That's true and, to a certain extent, also true in the bigger towns. To counter that, it is also known that areas with transient population are amongst the areas with lowest levels of registration. The other major group that are under registered are those with multiple deprivation.

I wouldn't be surprised if, in some areas, the number registered exceeds the estimated population. That said, the population estimates are always a year behind (we can only see 2013 just now).

If yes couldn't get a majority in the Western Isles, it's not happening. I went for 55-45 to no in the office sweepie today, but it's going to be worse than that. Very, very disappointing.

Wings Over Scotland has just conceded.

Some quite disturbing stuff being posted by the Wings twitter account...whoever is behind that should think about going to bed.

Menzies Campbell talking sense on BBC.........the UKIP rep however is a disaster waffling on about Ferrari's in every garage and Haggis on every plate.. idiot.

I went for 48% Yes and 52% No in the predictor poll at the office... might be out by 1 or 2% it seems.

Edited by CJGJ

If yes couldn't get a majority in the Western Isles, it's not happening. I went for 55-45 to no in the office sweepie today, but it's going to be worse than that. Very, very disappointing.

Look - if the independence grass roots movement wants to get any kind of traction next time it needs to sort out what it is going to do about currency, pensions, immigration etc BEFORE the vote

People need to be given the opportunity to make an informed choice rather than be treated like extras from Braveheart.

Guest GhostHunter

Look - if the independence grass roots movement wants to get any kind of traction next time it needs to sort out what it is going to do about currency, pensions, immigration etc BEFORE the vote

People need to be given the opportunity to make an informed choice rather than be treated like extras from Braveheart.

This In a nutshell with a a tin hat on.

Menzies Campbell talking sense on BBC.

I think he's kidding himself if he envisages devolution for the English regions. There's no indication they want it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

DevoMax is where it's at.

Reports on BBC say that Aberdeen will vote No by up to 58-42.

DevoMax ALL ROUND is where it is at.

Ah, the Braveheart stuff. Excellent.

Most of the areas you refer to above would have been thrashed out in post-referendum negotiations. Compared to the level of scrutiny all of the Yes campaign's policies were subjected to, the No campaign's increased powers package appears to have been swallowed hook, line and sinker despite having no substance or detail whatsoever.

Ah, the Braveheart stuff. Excellent.

Most of the areas you refer to above would have been thrashed out in post-referendum negotiations. Compared to the level of scrutiny all of the Yes campaign's policies were subjected to, the No campaign's increased powers package appears to have been swallowed hook, line and sinker despite having no substance or detail whatsoever.

Are you trying to tell me salmond hasn't played for the heart more than the head in this campaign?

I think he's kidding himself if he envisages devolution for the English regions. There's no indication they want it.

He mentioned using the existing Parliament with no non English MP's discussing matters but of course I would agree there is no grass roots support for regional assemblys

Anybody hear the shite this Ukip guy on BBC2 is sprouting?

Indeed...Jim Murphy now jumping in to defend the SNP....(what an effect UKIP create!)

Are you trying to tell me salmond hasn't played for the heart more than the head in this campaign?

What do you think Brown, Miliband, Cameron and the Labour love train have been doing? There is not one word - not a single word - of the increased powers package in writing anywhere. This is playing from the head?